This Is A Joke, Right? Haha, Good One Anet!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: EricGORE.7896

EricGORE.7896

/beginnerdrage

So let me start by saying I’ve really enjoyed my time in the SAB and I’ve finally just completed tribulation mode in both Worlds today. World 2 was obviously brutal, but finishing it was really gratifying. I got the Storm Wizard shield, and it looks great, so I think, hey, I’m going to go clear it all again while it’s fresh in my mind so I can get a main hand before the event is over.

Anyone familiar with SAB sees where this is going… I start Zone 3 first as I find it to be the most frustrating of the 3 zones, and thankfully I drastically improve my time, but it’s still tough and time consuming. As I excitedly approach the chest I’m instead greeted with disappointment as the chest is completely empty.

Wait, this a joke or something, right? What?…

Sure, maybe I should have researched it before heading in a second time so I didn’t waste my time for literally NOTHING, but honestly, this is not content that constitutes having time gated rewards. This is literally the most challenging platforming content in the game, and I’d even go as far to say some of the hardest content of any recent game I’ve played.

So, then, the question is, if I’m willing to farm the content, putting in the hours for the tokens and the extra 2 gold to make each piece, why shouldn’t I be able to do that? Honestly, someone give me ONE good reason why I shouldn’t be able to go into the SAB right now, and be rewarded for my effort? Why shouldn’t I be able to farm these tokens as much a my sadistic heart desires? There’s no good reason. Zip. Zilch. Nadda.

If ArenaNet is concerned with people farming it too quickly, then that’s bogus. If someone is willing to take the time to master the content, I don’t care how fast they speed run it, they should be rewarded for that every single time. They took the time to master it, period.

How many times does the community have to tell the developers that time gating these rewards is not, and never will be fun. For some content, it’s acceptable, but for some of the most challenging content in the game? I honestly can’t even understand the logic…

/endnerdrage

Do I make you Norny, baby?

(edited by EricGORE.7896)

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Dang….

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

In April when World One and SAB in general was introduced we got to have a LOT of discussion with Josh. One of the discussions was about how people farmed the kitten out of the game. World One is so much easier than World 2 it’s a little crazy. It was possible to fly through the whole thing in ten minutes with 500 baubles, as long as you had the shovel and bomb, and knew where the secrets where.

As such, people had stacks of bauble bubbles by the end of the month. The consideration from Josh was that the price of weapons would be adjusted to account for how rapidly people were able to acquire bubbles. Apparently, though, rather than doing that they opted to go in a different direction to limit the skins. It makes sense, if you consider how much content has been relying on time gating recently.

Personally I agree, it’s stupid. They could have make the weapons cost five times as much, but left dig spots as a per run situation, and left chests per character instead of per account, and it would have evened out. It would mean in order to get two skins you would still have to use a different character and start from the beginning, but it’s better than not even having that option at all.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

EricGORE.7896

In April when World One and SAB in general was introduced we got to have a LOT of discussion with Josh. One of the discussions was about how people farmed the kitten out of the game. World One is so much easier than World 2 it’s a little crazy. It was possible to fly through the whole thing in ten minutes with 500 baubles, as long as you had the shovel and bomb, and knew where the secrets where.

As such, people had stacks of bauble bubbles by the end of the month. The consideration from Josh was that the price of weapons would be adjusted to account for how rapidly people were able to acquire bubbles. Apparently, though, rather than doing that they opted to go in a different direction to limit the skins. It makes sense, if you consider how much content has been relying on time gating recently.

Personally I agree, it’s stupid. They could have make the weapons cost five times as much, but left dig spots as a per run situation, and left chests per character instead of per account, and it would have evened out. It would mean in order to get two skins you would still have to use a different character and start from the beginning, but it’s better than not even having that option at all.

I totally get what you’re saying and I agree that’s definitely a better answer than time gating (anything is really), but at the same time, why even ramp costs up that much? I especially don’t like having to spend gold, since I’m not making gold in the SAB. I would much rather buy these items strictly with Bubble Baubles, but again, that would mean making them constantly farmable. And one or two at the end of tribulation zones is not even close to enough.

And for the people who can speed run tribulation modes in 10 minutes, they’ve obviously put in a lot of time to get to that point, dozens and dozens of hours mastering the paths and refining every single step. I definitely can’t run these in 10 minutes, but I could probably knock World 2 out in a couple hours now, and I put A LOT of time and effort into it to even get to that point. Isn’t that enough to say, hey, who cares how fast they are getting these items? If they get every single skin, then great, they deserve it for the work they put into it. It’s not like the items are entering the economy.

Admittedly, I’m partially bitter because I literally won’t have the time to run these again for the tokens before the event ends. It bums me out because I finally mastered World 2, and due to time gating, I can’t reap the rewards I feel I deserve in these last couple days.

On top of all that, they aren’t reusable skins like some of the other achievement rewards. That’s a whole other topic entirely though.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I was wondering if the trib tokens were a daily thing…

I think that’s pretty lame. If they want to limit the bubbles from tribulation runs, fair enough. But to not give the weapons tokens, especially for world 2? That’s just really, really rough.

I mean, no one is making any money by playing SAB and getting those weapons cost money.

And yeah.. these not being reusable skins is pretty lame as well.

EricGORE.7896

Off topic question if anyone knows: Do the chests with the tokens reset with the dailies in-game, or do they reset 24 hours from when you opened it? My guess is they reset with the dailies, but I want to make sure before I waste my night running the zones over for nothing.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yo they havent exactly been secretive about pretty much everything in SAB being account bound and daily…

@ ^^^^, they reset with dailies. NOT a 24 hr cd.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Clownshoes.5463

Clownshoes.5463

Thanks Eric i was just about to start world 2 again but came to the forums to find out when SAB is going away if at all. You have saved me a lot of grief. I agree though if i want to put in the hours it takes to clear trib mode i should kitten well get tokens every time. It is one of the hardest things i have ever done in a video game and should be rewarded handsomely every time.

I understand not getting the full amount of baubles because anyone can farm those on any mode but trib tokens are another story. Nothing about getting the tokens is easy even if there was no time gating.