This bug crashed my love to SAB!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: shardbladehoxza.2301

shardbladehoxza.2301

hi all. apologize for my poor english first.
I am a asia player, and SAB lover. when i heard the new patch about sab, i was very exciting, search every new date at internet about new SAB.
its cool, and fully content that fresh me.

of course like others i bought infinite coin to join TM mode.
v+space needed , ok i learned how to use.

BUT I GAVE UP NOW!!!

cuz i am asia player, it will be a laggy to conncet to NA ,
AND IT TOOK ME 6 HOURS to jump W2 zone2 the last check point’s trampoline.
and finally i got to the cloud. but its bug cloud .and send me back to the HAPPYcheck point that i jumped 6 hours ago.

its very hard to jump for lag player. cant jump at the best timing,
so, plz……..consider other country’s player’s internet quality, not just desigh for FUN……

Attachments:

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

To be clear once again: dodge jump is never required. If you find yourself in a spot that is too far to jump without a dodge jump, another way is possible. The most frustrating part about those trampolines to me was just finding where all the spikes were. Once I figured out which ones were safe and which weren’t I just wrote it down. There are no long jumps in that part.

Hope this helps, find another path if you’re struggling with dodge jumping.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Sonork.2916

Sonork.2916

I think he’s annoyed at the bugged checkpoint in his picture. Having done this trib mode level for the first time tonight and encountering the same thing, yeah it’s really heartbreaking. Finally getting there then dying afterwards and getting sent back to the previous checkpoint you just spend 20 min finishing. Not to mention that checkpoint before the trampolines has you ressing and insta dieing because the res point is ontop of spikes…..

Very surprised these issues haven’t been fixed since GW2 has been patched 5 or so times since SAB came back.

shardbladehoxza.2301

yes. dodge jump is not required, but its safe and quick, isnt it?

and about the trampoline. iam not complaint about the spike,
Is the trampoline it self. any little laggy can make you not to reach the highest point to jump to the platform,
just lower the highet, it will make others country players to get it.
The suprise is the spike, not how high u jump.
actually the spike doesnt bother me, if you took 6 hours to jump .
this is my opinion, thank for reply .

(edited by shardbladehoxza.2301)

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I’m sorry you’re having trouble with your latency. I have found that trampolines are easiest for me when I bounce on them a few times to make sure I am only going up and down, not sideways at all, then when I’m ready to move to where I need to I press forward right when I land after I have it all lined up.

I took notes for every zone so I didn’t have to memorize it all for extra coins and I could help guildies quicker. Here is what I have for that area, maybe it will help eliminate a longer jump you’re trying to make. Good luck.

First platform has spikes. From trampoline go past red barrel to platform beyond it. Jump up two platforms. Jump down to second platform on the left, then straight to trampoline. After that trampoline, you reach another platform then another trampoline. Land on closest platform. Jump to platform just right of the cloud. Jump to cloud (breaks) then last platform. Run down the left side of the clouds to the balloon pump and checkpoint cloud.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

shardbladehoxza.2301

thanks your note for trampoline.^^
yes, latency bother our asia guild members a lot. not only me.
Rember apirl SAB? the elite skill , a lot trampolines, that skill took me 3 hours ><
but i still make it,
Now this one? totally give up after 6 hours trying,
just want to let Josh konw the latency make trampoline very hard.
and GW2 is international gaming, plz notice the latency has a hugh effect to jump.( and spin flower, yes GJ for fix it)
AND fix the cloud buddy, the fake flag make me cry and cry

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I raged so hard at the checkpoint before those pole jumps. The fact that it spawns you inside the trap behind the checkpoint, so that you continue to die over and over should have been patched the first day it was reported. (You can walk off it if you’re quick enough granted, but if you say use a Continue Coin, as you spawn back, you will spawn losing a life instantly.)

Insult to injury indeed, the next cloud checkpoint after the semi-challenging pole jumps, does not even work. Again, another thing that should have been patched right away, either through patching the cloud out if it wasn’t supposed to be there, or actually making it work as a checkpoint.

It’s somewhat amazing that these two glaring issues weren’t pointed out by whoever it was that tested SAB before release.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I would also like to express my frustrations regarding the bugged cloud-buddy checkpoint that the op mentions above.

After finally making it across that stretch of poles/trampolines/fishes and then activating the cloud-buddy, I was in total disbelief that upon my next death I was ported back to the prior checkpoint and not the cloud-buddy!

What makes matters worse is that this stretch is near the very end of the run – which can take quite a while to reach the first time through (even longer if not using a guide). And the fact that you can’t save your progress.

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

When I was going through that stage I was getting killed by the checkpoint it pulls you back to because you spawn in spikes that will kill you if you don’t load fast enough to get out of them. Lots of cheap deaths there.

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

When I was going through that stage I was getting killed by the checkpoint it pulls you back to because you spawn in spikes that will kill you if you don’t load fast enough to get out of them. Lots of cheap deaths there.

That indeed sucks. At least you do get out of them, however I was running with a friend to show him the path. He died and due to slow loading screen…kept on dying. Quit because it’s pointless to just keep wasting lives.

So this bug ruined it for quite a few players and no hot fix is sad (i mean really..how hard is to move/remove those kitten spikes)