Tiptoe achievement, not working

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

As mentioned in title, the Tiptoe achievement is not happening for me.

I have done it time and again, and am about to give up now…from what I know, there are 3 groups of prominent Hillbillies….

One of them is right after a waypoint, before the log/crocodile/waterfall hop. Those are super easy to avoid. Done.

Next is the kittene, right next to the shop. I grabbed the invis power up, and made sure i ran to the left of the tree not to trigger any explosive barrels…got through the checkpoint and no hillbilly was aggrivated.

Next group is the end, on a high hill opposite the final boss cage, which i didnt even go near.

Completed the level at least 3 times like this without angering hillbillies and wasn’t rewarded the achievement.

Anyone else having this issue? If not, is there something im doing wrong?

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Not working for me either. I approached the level the same way you did and haven’t gotten it yet.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

Next

I just checked this (hadn’t received the achievement yet) and it awarded just fine. I’ll see if there’s any discrepancies going on here.

Mario Lemieux.9107

I just checked this (hadn’t received the achievement yet) and it awarded just fine. I’ll see if there’s any discrepancies going on here.

Awesome. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Posted by: Niblit.7452

Niblit.7452

I can confirm this, it happened to me too, didn’t get it either in infantile nor in normal mode

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Previous

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

We’ve identified the issue. We’ll have a fix for this soon! Thanks for the information.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Half an hour to find the issue? Nice.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

We’ve identified the issue. We’ll have a fix for this soon! Thanks for the information.

Hmm, do I wait for the fix and hope it works, or try my luck later when I get to play.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I would like to announce that “Become the Master” does not seem to be working either.

Mario Lemieux.9107

Awesome, thanks for the quick work!

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Hmm, do I wait for the fix and hope it works, or try my luck later when I get to play.

Wat?
“Do I wait or try my luck later.”
o.O

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Maybe you died at the waterfall? If you get back to the savepoint, the hillbillies behind you seem to be in your range (and enrage).

Besides, you don’t need the invisibility. Right from the house, you can jump to the rock and so getting behind the house. Theres a path that also leeds to the savepoint, without letting the hillbillies enrage.

Mario Lemieux.9107

Didn’t die on the waterfall. Anyhow the Dev confirmed there was an issue…

Posted by: Wabbajack.8520

Wabbajack.8520

Managed to get this with no issue. Rather than relying on an invisibility, go the long way around them by jumping up on the ledge next to the shop.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Is it SUPPOSED to be unlockable in infantile mode?

Posted by: TDWIG.9712

TDWIG.9712

I just attempted it, no achievement. I suppose the fix hasn’t been implemented yet, oh well.

Posted by: Mathzz.7501

Mathzz.7501

I don’t know about you guys, but I just unlocked the achievement. Just make sure not to die at all, and avoid the two hillbillies by going around the rock after the shop.
To make it even easier, do this all in infantile mode.

Good luck

Mario Lemieux.9107

I don’t know about you guys, but I just unlocked the achievement. Just make sure not to die at all, and avoid the two hillbillies by going around the rock after the shop.
To make it even easier, do this all in infantile mode.

Good luck

Dont think it awards the achievement in Infantile Mode, but yea, i didn’t use Invisiblity this time and went around the Shop/Hillbilly area instead and actually completed it, finally. After many tries.

So either it’s “fixed”, or it’s a hit-or-miss thing.

Posted by: TDWIG.9712

TDWIG.9712

Ah it worked when i didn’t use the stealth! Thanks [:
And also I can confirm it works in infantile mode.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Thanks everyone. I just got it on infantile now by going around behind the shop.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Finally got Tiptoe! Like other people said – avoid invisibility at all costs.

Posted by: Riika.9740

Riika.9740

It doesnt matter if you die. Just leave the invisible upgrade and go around the back of the house. That did it for me.

ElenaDragon.8401

It doesnt matter if you die. Just leave the invisible upgrade and go around the back of the house. That did it for me.

There is a checkpoint immediately after the hillbillies by the shop. Getting this checkpoint does not aggro them, but if you die and respawn at this point they will aggro. That’s why dying matters.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

I got the achievement in Infantile Mode. I used invisibility also(got it just 5 minutes ago).

ElenaDragon.8401

I got the achievement in Infantile Mode. I used invisibility also(got it just 5 minutes ago).

I think this is probably what they fixed in today’s patch.

Posted by: RTWalle.3014

RTWalle.3014

I can verify that invisibility does not work, but going around the back of the shop does. Ran both just in the past 10 minutes

Posted by: Nevermore.2741

Nevermore.2741

Thank you so very much! Tried so many times with invisibility, without any of them reacting in any way and still couldn’t do it. Going around the hill by the shop worked on the first try! =D

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I just completed this achievement with invisibility in infantile mode. Seems fixed now.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

I just tried both methods. Invisibility didn’t work. Sneaking behind the shop awarded the achievement.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

The invisibility still seems bugged. I did it with invisibility on normal mode and got it. I’ve also tried going behind the shop on normal mode but that didn’t work and I tried both methods on infantile mode and neither worked.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Using stealth/invisibility to get past the second group of hillbillies (near the shop) worked for me. The key was to not die past that point, as waypointing back to the checkpoint in front of the hillbillies aggros them and ruins the achievement.

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

I’m having the same issue. I’ve done the level 2 times in infantile mode and 3 times on normal mode and did not get any credit for the achievement. Thanks for looking into this!

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

so…is this working nor not?

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

It is working, you just have to be careful at the next to last checkpoint, dying and re-spawning has the potential to aggro the hillbillies.

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

Posted by: porcupain.2490

porcupain.2490

it is still NOT working with invisibility, just confirmed.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

This is fixed. I am coming back to all the bug posts I had trouble with. I re-checked this again today and it works fine. Do it in infantile mode if you are having trouble! Stealth works perfectly fine, the only thing that can mess you up is dying before the very last checkpoint, being sent back to the one at the hillbillies and aggroing them that way. Else wise this achievement is now fixed and works just fine.

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

It is working, you just have to be careful at the next to last checkpoint, dying and re-spawning has the potential to aggro the hillbillies.

even in infantile mode?
EDIT:nvm just read above post and i just did it in infantile mode with invisibility, it does work

(edited by nmoral.3876)

sinderhella.5680

Yes even in infantile mode, its the respawning at the checkpoint when you drop in that causes you to aggro them.

Posted by: porcupain.2490

porcupain.2490

i’m glad it’s apparently working for some ppl but i’m not sure where you’re getting your certainty from that it’s working for everyone. it’s not working for me with invis in infantile mode. this respawning thing that’s been mentioned about 5x in this thread is invalid in my case. i died 1 time fighting at the cage at the end before i posted my previous. i just went through again, stayed invis til past the bear, turned around and watched to see if any hillbillies were angry and couldn’t see any following and assumed they were still around the corner far behind me, standing still.
again i didn’t die until the last cage (Edit: strike that i didn’t die at all the most recent time through) and still didn’t get the achievement.
if you have a recommendation for a different path than what i’ve attached i’m all ears.

Attachments:

(edited by porcupain.2490)

sinderhella.5680

Go around the back of the shop and take the cliff around the tree hug the cliff to the left and skirt around the hillbillies don’t go through them.