Tough Customer, World 1

Tough Customer, World 1

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

So I’ve been making my way through World 1 of Tribulation Mode and I think this Achievement might be bugged as I have hit all of the previous shops from the Normal mode plus some of the bonus “homes” in Zones 1 & 2 and the Shops Visited count does not seem to increment for all of them. I am currently at 4 of 11 shops with Zones 1 & 2 done in World 1 for Tribulation Mode. I believe the proper count should be 6 of 11 at the end of zone 2. (Someone correct me if I am wrong.)

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If not, could someone explain to me what I am doing incorrectly. (I think it may have to do with possibly dying upon entrance to the “fake” shops disabling the trigger for the objective progression. Again, just my hypothesis.)

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There are 5 at that point.

Zone 1:

Before checkpoint 2 and to the left of it. You will come to this after jumping the trees after checkpoint 1.

At the very end when scaling the hill to get to the boss. It’s on the back side.

Zone 2:

To the left of checkpoint 2.

Go to checkpoint 3, turn around, and look down.

After checkpoint 3. I believe this is the one before the poison water.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Aww crap, we have to go back to that shop thats under the tree/roots near the end of zone 2?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Haros.4297

Haros.4297

The before poison water one/candle one doesn’t seem to count for me. I didn’t get the next tier there. I don’t know whether it’s intended or it is a bug… Aside from that there used to be 10 shops in total (2 in zone 1, 3 in zone 2 and 5 in zone 3) the achi counts 11 somehow. They must have added some new ones or made a mistake. (probably new ones in tribulation)

Elonora Aros [TxS] | Piken Square

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The before poison water one/candle one doesn’t seem to count for me. I didn’t get the next tier there. I don’t know whether it’s intended or it is a bug… Aside from that there used to be 10 shops in total (2 in zone 1, 3 in zone 2 and 5 in zone 3) the achi counts 11 somehow. They must have added some new ones or made a mistake. (probably new ones in tribulation)

Does that include the one thats under the rug in zone 3 (the one with the baubles for sale)?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Haros.4297

Haros.4297

Does that include the one thats under the rug in zone 3 (the one with the baubles for sale)?

Oh… I forgot about that. Well… then there are 11 shop but this one in zone 2 doesn’t trigger the achievement for some reason.

Elonora Aros [TxS] | Piken Square

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Luke Kall.5183

Luke Kall.5183

I have just finished the 2nd zone of world 1, and I have 4/5 shops found. There are 4 shops in zone 2. The first and the second are okay, but the third “before poison water” is just a trap, it didn’t count for me. The last one, under the ground, is a trap too. We die without any reason…and it didn’t count for my success.
There are 6 shops in zone 3, if they all count for the success, it’s not sure, we obtain 4+6=10 shops.
So, there is a problem ^^

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Yes zone 2 doesnt trigger on the Swamp shop (near where the shopkeeper tells you the water is impure.)

The rest of the 10/11 shops seem to trigger, hopefully a dev can tell us why or maybe if we need to find one of the hidden rooms isntead.

There’s no report feature ingame that is tied to achievements i’ve looked through every possible report option.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

Did you go to the place where you obtain Moto’s Breath? i went there and it counted toward the achievement.

Tough Customer, World 1

Nhalx.9735

Yes all 6 of Z3
All 3 in Z2 <— Swamp didnt count (guy stands outside telling you the water is impure)
All 2 in Z1

Which makes 11

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

Oh well… i didn’t get completion for Zone 3 at all even though i did it…
only had regular reward at the end, not trib mode reward…

Edit: I did get the Reward “King Toad Z-3” but not the “Glutton for Punishment 3/3”, it’s still on 2/3 although i have clearly finished all 3 zones.

(edited by Iaknihs.8536)

Tough Customer, World 1

Nhalx.9735

Oh well… i didn’t get completion for Zone 3 at all even though i did it…
only had regular reward at the end, not trib mode reward…

Edit: I did get the Reward “King Toad Z-3” but not the “Glutton for Punishment 3/3”, it’s still on 2/3 although i have clearly finished all 3 zones.

Me neither reported both in the Bug forum please confirm so it gets noticed.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Laothwyn.3047

Laothwyn.3047

Yep, swamp shop in Zone 2 didn’t count for me either, I’m stuck at 10/11 shops and I’ve double checked them all to be sure. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: ImNotWearingPants.2681

ImNotWearingPants.2681

I’m having trouble getting back into the shop in W1 Z3 behind the waterfall. I got in there once early but didn’t have bombs on the character I was playing on. The next time I tried to get back in there, the door opens but I still die. I tried dodge jumping and that shows the changing instance screen thing but then I die anyway and it repeats the scene 3 times. Pretty sure it’s a bug?

EDIT: Okay, I tried it one more time after posting this with my last life and succeeded with a dodge jump. Well I’m stuck at 10/11 as well now.

(edited by ImNotWearingPants.2681)

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I’ve gotten 2 in Zone 1, 2 in Zone 2 (freebie torch one didn’t count, moved all over inside (avoiding the trap in the ceiling by going on the left of the counter)) and 6 in Zone 3 (hidden one under the rug and Elite skill room counts). Total 10.

Currenty going back to Zone 2, to see if they count the hidden room that you had to go “under the map” for as a shop (right before checkpoint leading up to the boss-cage), if it’s even reachable in Tribulation mode that is. It had a bed and other furniture, but I wouldn’t have called it a shop. Who knows, going to check.

Edit: Nope, got in there, but was killed off, so isn’t that either. Guessing they’ve messed up the freebie torch shop trigger or something. With that it is 11.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

I’ve gotten 2 in Zone 1, 2 in Zone 2 (freebie torch one didn’t count, moved all over inside (avoiding the trap in the ceiling by going on the left of the counter)) and 6 in Zone 3 (hidden one under the rug and Elite skill room counts). Total 10.

Currenty going back to Zone 2, to see if they count the hidden room that you had to go “under the map” for as a shop (right before checkpoint leading up to the boss-cage), if it’s even reachable in Tribulation mode that is. It had a bed and other furniture, but I wouldn’t have called it a shop. Who knows, going to check.

I’ve already checked that one. I did find a massive Alligator under one of the shops in Zone 3, but nothing else…

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I’m still stuck at 10/11. Anyone get it yet or is it definitely bugged?

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

I had the same problem with zone 2. There are 3 in that zone that you are supposed to get (looks like the underground one that requires jumping on roots is not required), and the first 2 shops counted for me, but the third one did not. After they patched (“Fixed a bug that prevented the Tough Customer achievement from being awarded”), I went through again and that third shop in zone 2 counted. I’m now done with zone 2 and at 5/11 instead of 4/11.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

After seeing patch notes I went back two w1z2 with 10/11 stores, went in the booby trapped room before the poison, got an achievement pop up but I"m still 10/11……

Is it fixed? or do I have to go through all 11 stores again to update my 10?

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Hakkero.7120

Hakkero.7120

After seeing patch notes I went back two w1z2 with 10/11 stores, went in the booby trapped room before the poison, got an achievement pop up but I"m still 10/11……

Is it fixed? or do I have to go through all 11 stores again to update my 10?

That’s weird, mine updated immediately. Maybe your missing another room?

Tough Customer, World 1

CMF.5461

I’ll go through it again but I know I was 10/11 before walking into that room.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Home Fries.5081

Home Fries.5081

Do we have to go to the Elite shop in w1z3? Because that would count 11 shops total (with free candle room).

Chicken and Rice

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Do we have to go to the Elite shop in w1z3? Because that would count 11 shops total (with free candle room).

Yes.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

The room in the second world, where you normally would get the free torch, is fixed. It didn’t count before, now it does count. Straight after a checkpoint, before the point where there’s a poison field with 5 lilly pads.

So I’ve got all the achievements for world 1, except for something that bugged out for me.

Tough Customer, World 1

CMF.5461

Went back through all my shops again and got the update, screenshots to help others list out locations.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

How can i enter to elite skill shop in Zone 3. At the end of the big trunk, no-no clouds are killing me -_-(And i am really cursing hard that genius who came up with knockback idea).

(edited by Phoenixlin.8624)

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I used the bounce I got from the mushroom to fly over them on the right side, landing on the mountainside, just before the required jump towards the entrance of the Elite skill “shop”.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Jasiri.9807

Jasiri.9807

I’ve already checked that one. I did find a massive Alligator under one of the shops in Zone 3, but nothing else…

19 Charr, 2 Asura, 2 Norn, 1 Sylvari, no boring humans EVER!

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Jasiri.9807

Jasiri.9807

Found the solution to this for me at least, I was thinking since you had to do an air dodge roll for that one shop in World 1 level 3, what was keeping them from saying this needed to be grabbed from another one of your character slots that have not done SAB at all. Any character that does not have the the candle, send them into that shop before the poison water in World 1 level 2 and it should work.

19 Charr, 2 Asura, 2 Norn, 1 Sylvari, no boring humans EVER!

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: WoooTzZ.3807

WoooTzZ.3807

Thank you so much. I didn’t realise the hidden room through the floor was a shop until you reminded me!

Off to get full world 1 tribulation completion!

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Illumine Sparkler.6019

Illumine Sparkler.6019

I had this issue with 10/11 shops revisited all of them, after reading some of the posts on here I thought id go to the swamp shop on my theif as she doesn’t have the torch, just logging in on her was enough to update the achievement, 11/11 shops tribulation done.

Leader of GOLD (Guardians Of Lost Deities)
Whiteside Ridge server
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: arkayne.9261

arkayne.9261

Same issue over here, i redid everythin with a new charr and still bugged

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I went through World 1 Tribulation mode on my character with every upgrade and it all worked fine for me. The 2 Shops in 1-1, the first 3 Shops in 1-2, and then all 6 in 1-3.
I also have no clue why people struggle with the first shop in 1-3.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m having this same problem now. Revisited every shop, but it seems like the swamp one is NOT getting counted for some reason.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Tough Customer, World 1

Ayrilana.1396

You likely already got swamp which is why. Did you do the hidden one at the shop behind the waterfall in zone 3?

Tough Customer, World 1

RyuDragnier.9476

You likely already got swamp which is why. Did you do the hidden one at the shop behind the waterfall in zone 3?

Yeah, I did that one tonight. I saw the achievement thing come up for each one of the places in Zone 3. The shop behind the waterfall gave me a ding, the one below that gave me a ding, the shop near the cloud checkpoint gave me a ding, the shop around that one stump gave me a ding, Moto’s Breath shop gave me a ding, and the shop at the end of the level gave me a ding.

[hS]

Tough Customer, World 1

Ayrilana.1396

Well then it’s not zone 3. Did you get the second shop in zone 2? It’s the one that you hit the checkpoint past the shortcut then turn around and look down.

Tough Customer, World 1

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Where is this? I don’t see a shop…

Attachments:

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Tough Customer, World 1

Ayrilana.1396

You can see the door frame of the shop on the left side of the trunk.

Tough Customer, World 1

RyuDragnier.9476

Well then it’s not zone 3. Did you get the second shop in zone 2? It’s the one that you hit the checkpoint past the shortcut then turn around and look down.

I double checked both shops in Z1, and all 3 shops in Z2. None of them gave me the achievement pop. And considering this reminds me of the last time the “free candle” shop wouldn’t work for the secret rooms achievement…yeah, I’m fairly certain it’s that shop.

[hS]

Tough Customer, World 1

Ayrilana.1396

I double checked both shops in Z1, and all 3 shops in Z2. None of them gave me the achievement pop. And considering this reminds me of the last time the “free candle” shop wouldn’t work for the secret rooms achievement…yeah, I’m fairly certain it’s that shop.

There’s 3 in zone 1

Tough Customer, World 1

RyuDragnier.9476

What’re you talking about? There’s only the one in section 2 (the one with the first chest), and the one in section 5 (the section with the boss). Unless they added one.

[hS]

Tough Customer, World 1

Ayrilana.1396

What’re you talking about? There’s only the one in section 2 (the one with the first chest), and the one in section 5 (the section with the boss). Unless they added one.

You’re right. It’s been awhile since I did it so misread what was listed in Dulfy’s guide.