Trib. Mode.

Trib. Mode.

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Rimu.7105

Rimu.7105

So many things I wish to say about Trib. Mode..

I tried doing zone 1 (area 1 world 1..what ever you wanna call it) thinkin “hey the first level shouldnt be that bad right?” -laughs- unless you have very strong reflex’s on jumps and perfect jumping ability Trib mode is impossible…I was at checkpoint 3? I think (took me 3 hours just to get to here and about 70 deaths) every jump you make has a one of those Mario Knock Off rocks that blow you back…I dont see how its possible to get past that, I jumped mid-air got knocked back, landed on the tree and died randomly, (i didnt fall off and there isnt a trap there I just died) I landed and slid off the tree numerous times but sometimes i land in the middle and still sent back. I could have sworn they said this was a game that everyone would play without to much trouble, the last 3-4 “events” they have seems to be more twords … not exactly elitist players…but something among those lines.. for me personally all those kitten wood spike traps all together gives me a migraine

Trib. Mode.

Posted by: Exiled.5906

Exiled.5906

Tribulation mode is for those players who like a challenge. It does warn you it is hard. You should only do this if you really want the achievements or the green skins. I advise you look at Dulfy’s guides, but just for the record, you can trick some of the rocks, by going close to them and then backwards, or rolling into them, or jump rolling past them etc., depending on the situation.
That being said, the AoE of the rocks seems to shrink or enlarge at times, and the game isn’t bugles either. I died mid air after jumping from a mushroom that was next to the acid lake.

Trib. Mode.

Rimu.7105

I am aware it is hardmode, but I figured that like most games the first level is just like wheres what to expect in a small dose, not the entire thing all at once… I checked Dulfys all it really says is dodge roll, but I dont get to land befor im hit by those rocks AoE blow back…ohh one time I did make it to the tree, (past the first two jumps by sheer luck) so I stood still to try and figure out my next time…randomly died.
The AoE on the rocks is much to large imo like most things in this game, the AoE is much to big for what it should be..like fighting the shadows, half of her attacks if you stand just outside the AoE (makeing sure the big toe aint inside the circle) you’d still die.
Plus aside from migraines from the repeating design of the spiketraps … if you have arthritis how you do this? Speed running/turning in mid air/ pinpoint jumping, ect.

(edited by Rimu.7105)

Trib. Mode.

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

Takes practice. First time took me at least an hour. But you learn the place and now I can do it in less than 8 minutes.

Trib. Mode.

Rimu.7105

Katastropfi..I can bearly do infant mode in 8 minutes -.-’

Trib. Mode.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

OK so I just watched this video. I’ll put my hands up and admit that I didn’t like SAB (even though I like Jumping puzzles so I must be weird) so I haven’t really touched it this month but can somebody tell me if what this guy in the video is saying is true? Because if it is then that isn’t hard mode that is just full blown trial and error better use a guide and buy infinite continue coin mode. Rocks that 1 hit kill you, random bits of land that 1 hit kill you with no warning, hands that 1 hit kill you with no warning and you have to run all over the trap laden area to activate clouds to continue.

I’m sorry but if that is true then it really isn’t hard mode. Hard =/= trail and error, repetition and gem store purchases.

But as I said, I haven’t played it and if that video is wrong just laugh at me, I’m drunk anyway.

Also kudos to the guy who did it because he must have some skill either way.

Trib. Mode.

Rimu.7105

@ Levetty,

Trib mode is mostly trail and error in terms of figuring out the path to take, yes.

However, it requires strong reflex’s, pinpoint jumping ability, and speed jumping (running + jumping non-stop without falling) if your unable to do all three of those, you cant do Trib mode..like me…I have i dont know, I cant tolerate patterns of repetitive things.,.it gives me massive migraines and bit of vertigo (dizziness), plus I think I might have a slight case of arthritis to make matters worse..so Trib mode is pretty much impossible for me, I can learn the route just find, just the game doesn’t allow me to do it.

there is aton of random death in Trib mode, too Leve, you touch the ground = death, you touch htis = deaht you pick a flower = death…

Trib mode was only put in I think to make poeple buy the inf. Coin. The only non-sadistic part of Trib mode, is there is a checkpoint within a checkpoint most levels (grab a baloon and hand it to the infant mode cloud and he makes a check point for you)

(edited by Rimu.7105)

Trib. Mode.

Posted by: Exiled.5906

Exiled.5906

Yeah, I know, that part is annoying for me as well. Especially when you’re mid air and they still knock you. I’d rather it be something that relies on jumping skills, not randomized AoE. You generally have to be very fast, lucky and have good reflexes. I had to try an insane amount of times to succeed. The more I tried the more frustrated it got, and at some point I tend to do worse cause I get tired and bored of the same bit, although I do seem to get a bit further over time, cases in which I start panicking actually and screw up haha.
The weird thing is that, the difficulty seems to decrease with the zone. Zone 2 seemed easier, and zone 3 even easier than that. I guess because Zone 3 in normal mode is already pretty restrictive, there wasn’t much they could do to increase difficulty from that. Whereas Zone 1 with all the large areas to run around allowed the devs to go crazy with traps.
As for World 2, the water areas in zone 1 are actually easier than the normal mode used to be, before they nerfed it. At some point it seemed so easy that it made me doubt that I was in Tribulation mode.
One of the things I learned from all this, is how to do really long jumps. It may be annoying but it’s also like practice, if you keep doing it you notice patterns, and tricks, and tactics, etc. I hope you get to win against the rocks, all I can say is keep trying and Good Luck:)

P.S. – I guess it’s hard mode in the way that after you learn where the traps are, you can’t do a single mistake, else you die. Lags or bugs are a different story tho. In those cases I found lowering the settings helps.

(edited by Exiled.5906)

Trib. Mode.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

He is right Levetty. It’s a design decision that appeals to a small subset of players, read Josh Foreman’s posts to understand more.

Suffice to say that although trial and error is a big part of Trib Mode, once you learn the traps there’s still plenty of hard platforming to do.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Trib. Mode.

Posted by: Airwolf.7382

Airwolf.7382

Of-course they want you to buy that coin. But people like me who speedrun normal world 1 in 13 minutes…. Really needed a new challenge. Even if trial and error. it was something else and is best to be seen loose from normal SAB.

P.S. cant wait for Halloween. I want my mad king’s clock tower.