Tribulation mode is unfair.

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Even.6570

Even.6570

As title, with traps going out of NOWHERE, crappy jumping puzzle and a lot of latency (rocks have already hit WHILE they jump) Tribulation isn’t challening it shows the bad side of GW2.

It’s seemed like the dev team though: Hey, we know our platform is crappy as hell, let’s make it more annoying by placing invisible and unpredictable traps.

I can’t even think how unfair and stressing will be world 3 Tribulation.

And just a final word:
Games are ment to enternatin, be challening hard (not unfair hard) and be something to relax whit.
I’m fine with trial and error, but before you can figure it out how long is the trap where are safe spots etc, it just become annoying.

“Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum”

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

That was pretty much the point of Tribulation mode…

It’s like ‘’I wanna be the guy’’ game. Nothing is fair, you need to remember traps to advance further. Josh Foreman have said many times even before the SAB patch that it would be like this.

Tribulation mode may not be for you, try Infant mode.

Posted by: Nighthawk.6453

Nighthawk.6453

Tribulation mode is meant to be unfair hard. By design. You don’t like it – don’t play it, all you lose are achievement points and skins with different glow.
Traps aren’t unpredictable.. or, only for the first time. Memorizing territory is a key.

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

You aren’t going to be able to complete every single bit of content and I’m not sure why you feel you should be able to.. simple games are on the rise because people can’t deal with a bit of a challenge..

just because you can’t do it doesn’t mean it’s unfair, others have done it so it obviously isn’t that bad

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Mission accomplished. It’s meant to be unfair (and make you buy the PTW coin) Personally the only problem I have with TM is the buggy as hell explosive flower hit boxes. Sometimes they blow me up when I’m nowhere near them and sometimes I can walk practically right through them and they don’t explode.

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

I didn’t buy the Infinite coin and I still beat world 1 tribulation mode. World 1 normal can give you 150 lives (or more).

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

Why are you even attempting to play in Tribulation Mode? The developers clearly stated multiple times that this mode was designed only for the most hardcore players and should be frustratingly hard like I Wanna Be The Guy. Yet still, after playing both games, I can tell you that SAB TM even pre-nerf is nowhere near as hard as IWBTG. I personally find TM pre-nerf to be too easy, but it was still a challenge and that’s why there are different difficulty settings, so that every type of player gets some content. Why should every content be handed to you on a plate?

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

Josh Foreman said it will be unfair and very hard. So dont complain and keep playing

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It is meant to be unfair and frustrating, that is the whole point in the game mode.

Normal is for normal fair playing, do that instead.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Now instead of telling you about how hard it is supposed to be or how you are not good enough and should go elsewhere. I’m going to tell you a much easier way to do it and you still may die doing it but here you are.

The real secret here is dodge jumping the mechanic that wasn’t supposed to be here but it is not -used- in mass and isn’t perfect. Either way you press forward – jump – and dodge all at the exact same time. This will make you dodge jump forward and evade that first rock hit as you land on him and then you need to do it asap again to that leaf. This one you just really line up while on that tiny itty bitty rock and then just go it onto the rock and then the leaf. You should land on the upper leaf if not it is still okay. You can jump on the leaf to the left of the bottom one if you land there very carefully so as not to get killed by the lava.

Now the next part has a smaller rock that does the same thing but this one is just speed and right past the stump you just got on. Jump to the tiny rock and then get ready to go to the next slightly larger one. Once you are sure of yourself jump to it and then the tiny rock after as fast as you can or the jumping rock will kill you. No dodge jumping is required for this one. You are now on the other side but not at the checkpoint yet.

Good luck.

Even.6570

The point is that if they did put something on those traps and platforming was a bit better if would have been incredible cool.
Hard =/= Unfair
I play many hard games, never found them unfair, they offered a real challenge without be a kittenes.
What is see here is bad design of jumping (well, we all know that, i can say that when you understand those buggy mechanics it works…sometimes.) what i’m complaying about are those invisible traps, no way to detect them aside from metagaming.
Hard means it reaquires skill to play, when you pass those invible traps you’ve proved that you died so many times to finally understand where it is, there is no skill in that = it isn’t hard, it is unfair.

Posted by: Nighthawk.6453

Nighthawk.6453

Hard means it reaquires skill to play, when you pass those invible traps you’ve proved that you died so many times to finally understand where it is, there is no skill in that = it isn’t hard, it is unfair.

Lol dude, this is meant to be unfair.

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

Tribulation mode is sustained by your delicious tears. Thank you for your continued contribution. Your tears will help tribulation mode grow even more.

I can outrun a centaur.

Posted by: Hinado.6291

Hinado.6291

Tribulation mode is fun but most of the difficulty comes from not knowing the path..
After the first playthrough it’s quite easy and only takes about 30min to 1h per path (in world 2, 10-20min in world 1). I wished it would’ve been more difficult after knowing all the traps…

I like the design very much, reminds me of my old plattformer days… Also many of the spikes are pretty clear.. World 1 has different ground hights wich tell you pretty much and on many parts the way just seems so easy that there just must be a trap..
Just always choose the most difficult way and you avoid a lot of them.. Also try to walk on the edges of plattforms as often as possible to avoid a lot of them..

Even.6570

Tribulation mode is fun but most of the difficulty comes from not knowing the path..
After the first playthrough it’s quite easy and only takes about 30min to 1h per path (in world 2, 10-20min in world 1). I wished it would’ve been more difficult after knowing all the traps…

I like the design very much, reminds me of my old plattformer days… Also many of the spikes are pretty clear.. World 1 has different ground hights wich tell you pretty much and on many parts the way just seems so easy that there just must be a trap..
Just always choose the most difficult way and you avoid a lot of them.. Also try to walk on the edges of plattforms as often as possible to avoid a lot of them..

Yeah, i got it now, still…
I just hate to loose because there was that unpredictable spike which hit my finger.
Example: platforming: jump from a to b, ok, i just i fall who’s fault ?
Mine. I deserve to lose.
There is the checkpoint just in front of me, no mobs, nothing weird, well let’s go, then spikes pops out of nowhere and… who’s fault?
Mine? Why? How coud i ever know? There wasn’t no hits, nothing to tell me about that trap.

Can you see my point?
It’s true the ground fake ground sometimes can be avoided, but traps cannot, the only way to do so is to already know that they are there, and this is metagame.

(edited by Even.6570)

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

As people have said time and time again. That’s how tribulation mode was designed. Though I’d still say it was your fault for casually walking to the checkpoint while it’s right in front of you. Virtually all of the checkpoints are booby trapped with spike traps, and you’re supposed to take the hardest path to avoid them.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

As you progress through Tribulation mode you must become one with the Josh. Think as he thinks, do as he would do and after a time you will see.. what he doesn’t want you to see. _

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I said I would defend TM till I was blue in the face and I will.

It’s meant to be unfair and sadistic, this is the content made for the 5% of the GW2 population that LOVES frustrating challenges. It’s supposed to stress you and test your patience and it absolutely should.

If you can’t complete it, that’s okay, you have the regular SAB.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It has good parts and bad parts. Sometimes you can tell where a trap is just by looking at the environment and that’s when I really enjoy Tribulation mode. When you’re rewarded for stopping and thinking about it. Guild Wars 2 needs more of that stuff.

Posted by: Hinado.6291

Hinado.6291

There is the checkpoint just in front of me, no mobs, nothing weird, well let’s go, then spikes pops out of nowhere and… who’s fault?

That’s exactly what I meant with: If the way looks to easy, there will be a trap
Mobs are also often (not always) an indicator for a trapless spot..
But yeah you’ll definitely run in some traps, but there a lot of traps that you
can skip through observation/thinking…

(edited by Hinado.6291)

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The traps are there as a means to guide you away from an unintended path. They aren’t random, but are very precisely placed. Take the most convoluted, difficult path to the checkpoint and you will win!

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

There are quite a few hints that a path is trapped.
“Oh look, there’s spikes -on top- of the log… but both diagonal sides on it are free from traps.”
There’s a nice pattern in where the fake floor, with lava and spikes under, is too.
Usually obvious when you can see it.

It’s like in I wanna be the guy.. “Oh there’s an apple in an apparent safe path… it probably won’t kill me, right?” … yeah.. no…

CryxTryx.9208

I loved the momments where I skipped a trap by taking a harder route and then because I died further up was repeating that section.. every once and a while I would say ‘Do I really have to go all the way…{dies}..yes, yes I do.’

Posted by: Reacted.8190

Reacted.8190

Well since the last “hotfix” TM have turned from hard and challenging to somewhat similar to Infantile mode. So be happy, now its no longer “cool” to beat it.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Well since the last “hotfix” TM have turned from hard and challenging to somewhat similar to Infantile mode. So be happy, now its no longer “cool” to beat it.

You’re full of kitten. Get out.

Drama queens everywhere.

The gap in skill required to beat infantile is vastly different than what it is to defeat normal mode. And normal mode is vastly easier than tribulation mode.

CryxTryx.9208

Drama queens everywhere.

The gap in skill required to beat infantile is vastly different than what it is to defeat normal mode. And normal mode is vastly easier than tribulation mode.

I have to agree. Extremeist on either side are why the Devs can’t, or shouldn’t take any opinions on the forums constructively.

Tribulation mode is still fine. But like I said, the reason why people react so strongly to the nerf is because it sets a scary precedent for those of us that want challenging content in the game.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Drama queens everywhere.

I have to agree. Extremeist on either side are why the Devs can’t, or shouldn’t take any opinions on the forums constructively.

Tribulation mode is still fine. But like I said, the reason why people react so strongly to the nerf is because it sets a scary precedent for those of us that want challenging content in the game.

The scary precedent that fixing bugs might happen?

OH GOD NO.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

CryxTryx.9208

Drama queens everywhere.

The scary precedent that fixing bugs might happen?

OH GOD NO.

Your sarcasum is not appreciated and unconstructive. I don’t think I was being rude in my post so I am not sure what prompted such a response.

There was more then just bug fixes changed in the the last change. As well many of us completed the content prior to the change and enjoyed our time doing so, so these ‘bugs’ that you speak of were not game breaking.

My sincere point still stands.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

As title, with traps going out of NOWHERE, crappy jumping puzzle and a lot of latency (rocks have already hit WHILE they jump) Tribulation isn’t challening it shows the bad side of GW2.

It’s seemed like the dev team though: Hey, we know our platform is crappy as hell, let’s make it more annoying by placing invisible and unpredictable traps.

I can’t even think how unfair and stressing will be world 3 Tribulation.

And just a final word:
Games are ment to enternatin, be challening hard (not unfair hard) and be something to relax whit.
I’m fine with trial and error, but before you can figure it out how long is the trap where are safe spots etc, it just become annoying.

Tribulation mode is MEANT to be unfair.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer