Tribulation mode needs to look more 'evil'

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Tribulation mode needs to intimidate players with its atmosphere and setting a bit more. It just looks too happy which is fine with infantile mode and normal mode, but it needs a make over so people truly feel like ‘oh boy, now this means trouble’.

These are just a few ideas so you further get the idea:

- The sun in World 2 Zone 2, instead of having a smile. Put an eye patch on it, maybe a bandaid and make it look angry
- General setting across the map. Maybe changing colors so it looks more gloom and maybe some holes to indicate it has been bombed etc
- Same songs but changing its tone. For example, adding evil undertones or more ‘slashing’ notes.
- “Vandalism” on walls, maybe adding some clever texts like ‘Too hard…’ ‘Day 23 IIII IIIII IIIII’ where the ‘I’ indicate the times he has died etc.

If anyone has further ideas on how to make the tribulation mode more ‘evil looking’ feel free to share.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

This would have been very nice.
Would definately add to the atmosphere!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I can see all that, but I rather like it still looking cutesy while murdering you mercilessly.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

More sinister? You mean there should be spikes and lava everywhere? I agree that would be pretty cool…

I can see all that, but I rather like it still looking cutesy while murdering you mercilessly.

I totally agree. I like it just how it is.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

I actually think World 2 Zone 3 made everything look a bit scarier due to it simply being darker.