Tribulation tokens.

Tribulation tokens.

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Please remove account bound flag. I really do not care for sab skins… I can’t bring myself to throw them away nor do I want to keep them. And I don’t see why someone who can’t do tribulation yet wants the skins should be shafted.

Attachments:

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Because the skins are supposed to be rewards for actually completing the mode?
What would be the point of them if you could just buy them from the TP?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Please remove account bound flag. I really do not care for sab skins… I can’t bring myself to throw them away nor do I want to keep them. And I don’t see why someone who can’t do tribulation yet wants the skins should be shafted.

Because they show that you’ve achieved something.

If you don’t want them, you could throw them away, but I recommend turning them into PvP skins, since those have collectible slots in the PvP Locker.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Tribulation tokens.

HiSaZuL.2843

Achieving something? What exactly? That I bothered to finish this horrid mode? To me that’s somewhere on level of daily. I haven’t done one in months. I guess its a bit better then a forced repetitive activity thats anything but fun.
If I got it I should be able to do what ever the heck I want with it. Imo pvp in this game is the worst mmo pvp I’ve seen in about 20 years I gave up on it and turning into pvp skin is same as throwing it away.
Helping someone get something they can’t on their own for what ever reason sounds like an infinitely better use of those tokens.

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why did you even do tribulation

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Achieving something? What exactly? That I bothered to finish this horrid mode? To me that’s somewhere on level of daily. I haven’t done one in months. I guess its a bit better then a forced repetitive activity thats anything but fun.
If I got it I should be able to do what ever the heck I want with it. Imo pvp in this game is the worst mmo pvp I’ve seen in about 20 years I gave up on it and turning into pvp skin is same as throwing it away.
Helping someone get something they can’t on their own for what ever reason sounds like an infinitely better use of those tokens.

So you just want to make a small profit on the tp after spending time on content you dont like. Finally..I was getting so bored of reading duplicate posts of glitched achievements and how do I dodge jump wtf.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I do like the SAB skins, they don’t suit my character aesthetics, so I just converted the TM skins into PvP versions and stored them in the PvP locker.

That said, I’ve always been a big supporter of being able to sell anything on the TP (if Legendaries can be sold, why not anything else?), so I would support the OP’s suggestion of being able to sell TM skins.

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sometimes people just pick random stuff to complain about. ;/ This didn’t deserve a thread. Throw them out and don’t do tribulation.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

This thread makes me sad, and I wanted to voice my disapproval. No OP, no.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Tribulation tokens.

HiSaZuL.2843

While I do like the SAB skins, they don’t suit my character aesthetics, so I just converted the TM skins into PvP versions and stored them in the PvP locker.

That said, I’ve always been a big supporter of being able to sell anything on the TP (if Legendaries can be sold, why not anything else?), so I would support the OP’s suggestion of being able to sell TM skins.

Someone with an actual opinion. Maybe it will start snowing today.
I expected for the most part – Your post suxor. <insert more inane rambling>.
Oddly while complaining about supposedly pointless topics majority of posts will be just that… pointless without even a shred of logic or thought put into them.
Anyhoo I do agree that I should be able to sell what ever I want on TP. You can buy legendaries… ugly but “legendary” and this is just a redundant readily available skins with a different hue.

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Miz.2761

Miz.2761

The entire point of tribulation skins is to the demonstrate that you’ve completed tribulation mode. If someone can’t do tribulation mode, then they don’t deserve a skin from it. Using legendaries as an example of something sold on the TP is also incorrect as they’re nothing more than a (extensive) gold grind. Most Living World content in general doesn’t go on the TP.

I also find it very amusing you would complain about inane rambling with that post.

Tribulation tokens.

HiSaZuL.2843

I do admit the irony in that. But frankly I’m always disgusted with entitlement arguments. Don’t deserve a skin? Seriously? If it was something that was hard… as in required coordination, people, plan, preparation, patience etc… like and old vanilla wow raid then I could at least see the merit in that argument. Because it involved more then 1 person. I admit beeing guilty in that I hated how someone could just die 3 times a week in arena and have gear on par with what took me months upon months to get the only thing I had is that there were maybe 5 more people on entire server with that gear. I couldn’t go pvp in my full t3 anymore and be that guy you needed 10 people to take down.
But this is a skin for crying out loud… To hell with deserve argument. So I’m masochist enough to do this… Each map took me going in and not coming out until I was done. That’s my business… some folks don’t have reflexes or time to sit there for hours learning and memorizing pixel by pixel every jump and step you take.
Legendaries is something I personally won’t ever get… I’m not a farmer from china. I don’t do dailies, I don’t farm for anything. I do not find it worth doing in any scenario… be it fun, challenge(there is none) or time sink. But at least there is option here for people to just BUY it if they aren’t willing to invest their lives into this.
I’m kind of tired of telling people they can’t have the karka back piece I wear… because anet believes that an hour worth content every 2 weeks makes it all better… makes it “living”. All I usually hear is disappointment because they liked the skin but told they can’t have it because apparently they don’t “deserve” it.

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The skins were made specifically as a reward for doing tribulation. They were never meant to be sold and will never be able to be. If you don’t care about the skins then don’t do tribulation.

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

Cool thread, bro. You did tribulation mode, but don’t want the skins? Enjoy your 150+ achievement points, because if you’re not going to turn the tokens in for skins you aren’t getting anything else for them. This thread is pointless.

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I do admit the irony in that. But frankly I’m always disgusted with entitlement arguments. Don’t deserve a skin? Seriously? If it was something that was hard… as in required coordination, people, plan, preparation, patience etc… like and old vanilla wow raid then I could at least see the merit in that argument. Because it involved more then 1 person. I admit beeing guilty in that I hated how someone could just die 3 times a week in arena and have gear on par with what took me months upon months to get the only thing I had is that there were maybe 5 more people on entire server with that gear. I couldn’t go pvp in my full t3 anymore and be that guy you needed 10 people to take down.
But this is a skin for crying out loud… To hell with deserve argument. So I’m masochist enough to do this… Each map took me going in and not coming out until I was done. That’s my business… some folks don’t have reflexes or time to sit there for hours learning and memorizing pixel by pixel every jump and step you take.
Legendaries is something I personally won’t ever get… I’m not a farmer from china. I don’t do dailies, I don’t farm for anything. I do not find it worth doing in any scenario… be it fun, challenge(there is none) or time sink. But at least there is option here for people to just BUY it if they aren’t willing to invest their lives into this.
I’m kind of tired of telling people they can’t have the karka back piece I wear… because anet believes that an hour worth content every 2 weeks makes it all better… makes it “living”. All I usually hear is disappointment because they liked the skin but told they can’t have it because apparently they don’t “deserve” it.

you sound disgruntled. maybe this game is wrong for you? you sound like the kinda guy who values vertical progression over horizontal. this game has little of that.

again, why did you even do tribulation?
you didnt have to.

…and then i thought, why am i even bothering to respond?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Miz.2761

Miz.2761

It’s just a skin, sure, but those are what matter in this game. When you think about getting disgruntled because the average kitten could grab a full set of gear for losing 10 games every week in WoW, this is exactly the same. While you may not be getting any stat progression, you’re getting a unique skin that you worked hard for (by having the reflexes and time to sit there for hours learning and memorizing pixel by pixel every jump and step they take).

Skins are the main way people show off their accomplishments in GW2, from straight up just being present during an event to bashing their head against the tribulation wall or grinding the hell out of a dungeon that will only last a week, and for them to go up on TP makes that work, luck, or whatever nigh irrelevant.

Don’t you think there’s enough gold grinds and sinks in the game as is anyway?

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It’s less that they don’t deserve it and more that they weren’t present during that event?

“Oh man sweet backpiece!” (I wear that one too btw)
“Thanks!”
“How do I get one!”
“Well, you can’t, it was a limited backpiece during an event that happened several months ago!”
“Aw man, that sucks”
“Yea, sorry mate”

End conversation. At no point do you have to tell them they don’t deserve it lol.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Tribulation tokens.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m in favor of most skins being sellable on the TP. I’m glad they finally made the RNG box skins and such sellable, and I certainly have no problem with the normal Super skins being on the TP.

But Tribulation Mode skins are meant to be trophies for completing a difficult challenge. If you could sell them then it would negate that aspect entirely. So no, in this case I don’t believe they should be sellable. If someone wants a Super Skin they can buy one of the basic blue ones, so no one is excluded from having a Super weapon in general. If they specifically want one of the alternate color Tribulation skins, then they gotta do the Tribulation Mode.

As for needing to get rewarded for “wasting your time on a horrible activity” by the ability to sell the Tribulation skins, well… you got achievement points, a lot of baubles, and a chance at some sellable skins. I assume the reason you did it in the first place was for the AP (because otherwise why torture yourself with it) so you got exactly what you wanted. Doing it then turning around and saying “I did it so give me more” is just silly, you should do it for the rewards you’re already going to get, not do it expecting more rewards.