What happens to old sold-out Super Weapons?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I’m talking about the old ones.
What happens when the old blue super weapon skins (greatsword, shield, etc.) are sold out? Will there still be a way to get those?

I’m just wondering..

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Probably not. Anet wants to make sure they keep their exclusivity/value. Thats why they aren’t bringing back the rewards for MF/AR (jetpack/mini/monocle) when those dungeons are added to fractals…
Which I really disagree with. There should never be stuff that is not possible to get anymore. Holiday stuff is recurring, and the LS reward stuff should have some other way of getting it, for those that weren’t there or started playing after it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Seeing the blue part on the SAB-map, I guess in one of the future worlds we get to see aquatic SAB zones. And probably… aquatic weapon skins as well. And seeing how we can’t get world 1 skins now, we probably won’t be able to get world 2 weapons after this month anymore either.

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Well I just recently had the idea of getting a super shield skin but I don’t wanna pay that much gold nor do I want a green or yellow one. Since world 3 has red and world 4 purple skins there’s no way to get blue ones anymore… That’s sad.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: wizzy.6871

wizzy.6871

I’m pretty sure these skins will come back when world 4 is released.
Why not when world 3 is released? Because there will be those skins that didn’t make it into this release.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Well I just recently had the idea of getting a super shield skin but I don’t wanna pay that much gold nor do I want a green or yellow one. Since world 3 has red and world 4 purple skins there’s no way to get blue ones anymore… That’s sad.

There’s still a way to get the blue one, it’s just not a way that you want to do. Pay the gold to get the skin, or don’t pay the gold and accept that you won’t get the skin. But saying there’s “no way” to get one right after saying how you can get one is silly.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Is it confirmed that the blue ones are not dropping from W1Z1-3 during normal mode?
I am surprised to see the cost of these weapons have not sky rocketed if that they are no longer dropping.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Is it confirmed that the blue ones are not dropping from W1Z1-3 during normal mode?
I am surprised to see the cost of these weapons have not sky rocketed if that they are no longer dropping.

They don’t drop any more either, no.

The new skins drop now. I’ve gotten a Focus and a Rifle, both from World 1 Zone 2.

As for why the price hasn’t skyrocketed… too much supply. People grinded SAB a LOT during its first run. You could get the stage end chest on each character once per day (rather than now where its once per account per day) and people were even creating brand new Asura characters just to run through SAB, delete the character and remake, rinse and repeat. As a result, there are a lot of first-run SAB skins floating around, so much so that when the original SAB event ended (and everyone assumed the price would go up) the price actually dropped like a rock because of all the people trying to turn around and sell their skins.

There’s also the fact that Tribulation skins exist, and some people who want a Super skin might be getting those instead of the original blue skins. Though that’s probably a much smaller factor, the bigger one is probably just the number of skins.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I would not be surprised if the blue set is available in the future releases.

My reasoning for this opinion is that ANet doesn’t expect the majority of people to grind tribulation mode for the other four color variations. They said on the release page that they expected tribulation mode to only have a limited audience.

So, if the blue weapons aren’t available at all after this release, what would the average player be grinding for? Achievements are all well and good, but they hardly qualify as incentives for most people. I think we’ll see the return of the blue weapons with future releases just because they are SAB’s primary reward.

Taking it one step further, I expect that all five color variations will be available once SAB is made permanent. I just can’t see ANet making such a popular piece of content (and its rewards) entirely temporary.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You can get the old skin on TP,there are literally 10.000 of them out there due the fact you could farm SAB with alts last time and they still cheap.

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Question of time. If 10.000 people say “Ah, I’ll buy it for the high price!” ~Resident Evil 4

Then how are people supposed to get the skins?

And some people think 56g is quite expensive for I have only 40g and I need those for other things first.

(edited by GreenNekoHaunt.8527)

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Seeing the blue part on the SAB-map, I guess in one of the future worlds we get to see aquatic SAB zones. And probably… aquatic weapon skins as well. And seeing how we can’t get world 1 skins now, we probably won’t be able to get world 2 weapons after this month anymore either.

:OOO
can’t imagine an underwater level. tribulation mode. ://

but you do bring up a good point. if i’m not mistaken, all “available” weapon sets are released already. apart from the aquatic weapons. so we’ll only get a few weapons to choose from come W3? hadn’t thought about that…

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Sharks. Everywhere. Invisible ones.

but you do bring up a good point. if i’m not mistaken, all “available” weapon sets are released already. apart from the aquatic weapons. so we’ll only get a few weapons to choose from come W3? hadn’t thought about that…

Yeah, I think that the aquatic weapons will be next world, all three types, and hopefully all of them will be made available after that for world 4.

Who knows, maybe they’ll reverse the once per account per day rewards then too. I’d like that, I don’t see why they feel the need to restrict what I do in game so much.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Sharks as someone said, and undercurrent and vortexes, oh and jellyfish.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

In the famous words of Dr. Evil:
“Sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their frickin’ heads.”

Attachments:

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Old skins will probably be re-added to the chest drop pool at some point.

We’ll start turning in bubbles for… well Ideally an entire suit of armor by the time this is all over with, starting with probably head, gloves, and shoulders.

And then, obviously, the ultimate private SAB machine in our home instance.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ