Where's the single player content?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: shapeless.2358

shapeless.2358

As the title says. Thought I would check out SAB, even though I’ve never played a platform game before. Yet there doesn’t appear to be a single player mode only a 5 person group mode. Is the single player mode located somewhere else?

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

SAB can be run by one person. The window you see is our standard dungeon entry prompt, which always warns about needing 5 players. Don’t let that stop you, head on in!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yup, world one is really soloable. World 2, probably (only done Zone 1 so far).
Just a heads up, world 2 is probably going to infuriate you.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: TimoFTW.8017

TimoFTW.8017

No, it’s a trap, you’ll be foiled by the coin-run temple in W2

don’t let them fool you

lol, it’s definitely possible.
But that part is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier if you’re with 2.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

First time through I recommend a multiple player party (3-5) to work it out. Once you know what you’re doing, it’s easily soloable!

| Lithia |

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I had a lot of fun exploring the world solo from the very first time. If you like to solo, go for it! I completed all the world 1 achievements last time solo.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’m here to confuse you. First time don’t go with a group, people are probably experienced and running fast. Take it easy and slow solo, then go with a group. Or make sure the group is newbies-friendly.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

shapeless.2358

I tried it and to be honest I find playing the original XCom on classic difficulty to be easier than this, don’t think I even made it a fifth of the way through the first level before I had lost all my lives and that was on infantile mode, would hate to see what it’s like on tribulation mode.

Wolfheart.1938

Are you doing world 1 or world 2? World 1 should be pretty easy, especially zone 1 and 2.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

SAB can be run by one person. The window you see is our standard dungeon entry prompt, which always warns about needing 5 players. Don’t let that stop you, head on in!

For as long as the SAB says ‘suggested: 5 players’, I will not step foot inside. I skipped it last time because of that and I will skip it this time for the same reason. If you want more people to run SAB, you need to remove the pop-up group suggestion. I don’t party with other players. I don’t do content that suggests that I party with other players.

Wolfheart.1938

Way to go elbegast, that’s a smart decision.

Posted by: Xaphen.8670

Xaphen.8670

For as long as the SAB says ‘suggested: 5 players’, I will not step foot inside. I skipped it last time because of that and I will skip it this time for the same reason. If you want more people to run SAB, you need to remove the pop-up group suggestion. I don’t party with other players. I don’t do content that suggests that I party with other players.

It may suggest it, but the only reason i have the SAB GS is because i soloed it with different alts for a few days. It can be soloed, and furthermore, it can be run.

Quaggans!

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

Well I guess someones missing out then… not like anyone cares.
I don’t get your point besides complaining about something completely trivial and wanting attention

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I don’t get your point besides complaining about something completely trivial and wanting attention

If you think I am the only one dissuaded by the group suggestion, you are greatly mistaken. This exact issue came up the last time the SAB reared it’s ugly head.

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

I’m here to confuse you. First time don’t go with a group, people are probably experienced and running fast. Take it easy and slow solo, then go with a group. Or make sure the group is newbies-friendly.

I agree 100%

Its much easier to take your time alone or with either a new guild group or with a guild group that has done it and knows what theyre doing so we can show you everything instead of just rushing through it.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

If you think I am the only one dissuaded by the group suggestion, you are greatly mistaken. This exact issue came up the last time the SAB reared it’s ugly head.

Well I guess some others are missing out too…etcetc see above.

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

I found it much easier to do alone.

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

No, it’s a trap, you’ll be foiled by the coin-run temple in W2

don’t let them fool you

lol, it’s definitely possible.
But that part is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier if you’re with 2.

or suicide back to the waypoint after starting it rolling and just wait for it at the botom. Thats how I beat it the first time although second run through I figured out the pattern to do it legit.

shapeless.2358

Are you doing world 1 or world 2? World 1 should be pretty easy, especially zone 1 and 2.

I was doing World 1, I guess zone 1. The jumps are to far to actually make it, but I kept getting killed by monkeys and snakes.

After five minutes of being continually oneshotted it became to annoying to be fun so I quit.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

I was doing World 1, I guess zone 1. The jumps are to far to actually make it, but I kept getting killed by monkeys and snakes.

After five minutes of being continually oneshotted it became to annoying to be fun so I quit.

If you are not a fan of SAB that is fine…but exactly what is take you down in one shot. Minus falling to your death I have not encountered anything that ends you in one hit.

Wolfheart.1938

My bullkittenting senses are tingling.

You have 3 hearts, mobs hit you for 1 heart per hit. Thus you can’t be oneshot. Besides, the enemies die in two hits (they don’t respawn) and their attacks are pretty easy to avoid. Not to mention there’s a whopping total of 3 (three) jumps in which you can die in the whole level. I mean no offense, but you are the first guy I’ve ever heard calling world 1 zone 1 difficult.

There’s “Infantile mode” (easy mode) if you are interested.

shapeless.2358

My bullkittenting senses are tingling.

You have 3 hearts, mobs hit you for 1 heart per hit. Thus you can’t be oneshot. Besides, the enemies die in two hits (they don’t respawn) and their attacks are pretty easy to avoid. Not to mention there’s a whopping total of 3 (three) jumps in which you can die in the whole level. I mean no offense, but you are the first guy I’ve ever heard calling world 1 zone 1 difficult.

There’s “Infantile mode” (easy mode) if you are interested.

Ok, one-hearted x3 then and I couldn’t get close enough to the mobs to actually hit them. It wasn’t the falls that killed me, just the fact that they are impossible to actually make and when you hit the ground you get hit by a snake. And this was on infantile mode.

Guess it’s just not for me then, which is a shame as i like the living world content overall.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It might not be for you. I know not everything in the game is for me! I did original SAB just enough for one weapon skin, and always with at least one friend. It was a ton of fun but I am not a great jumper.

But I can give you this advice: Dodge. SAB combat is much the same as regular game combat. You can see the snakes tossing poison balls at you and jink sideways or simply dodge, you can dodge monkey flings (well, theoretically. I seldom dodge everything a monkey’s doing). Once you have a number of baubles you can buy health potions to restore hearts.

I’m looking forward to going back in the box over the next few days. I haven’t had time to try it in game yet, and likely won’t be going for skins. I might try finishing out achieves from April since I didn’t find all the secret rooms etc. Try it again, perhaps with a friend who’s willing to take it slow. It might just be a bit of a learning curve before you can properly enjoy it.

Or, well, go have fun in the rest of the game

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I beat the entire thing solo from start to genie. Normal mode, no rainbow clouds.

Posted by: null.1298

null.1298

I’ve beaten all of Normal Mode Worlds 1 and 2 solo. I’ve also beaten all of Tribulation Mode World 1 solo (haven’t tried Tribulation World 2 yet). I think all of SAB can be solo’d.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, it can all be solo’d by some people. Shapeless is saying that for him/her, it is too hard. I know I have zero interest in soloing it myself.

Heck, Shapeless, if you are on NA I’d be willing to join with you to figure things out. I have to go to work for a bit, and I have a Saturday morning meeting tomorrow >< but if you see me in game give me a hail to see if I’m free to give it a go. I intend to try SAB this weekend at some point.