in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Rocky launch

Difficulty spikes

Inadequate rewards

Can’t farm

Also, I’m bad at the maths.

The difficulty spikes aren’t that bad in and of themselves but that combined with the longer levels do make it feel very tedious at times.

Very true, if you want longer levels go for ones with optional difficulty. If you want difficult levels, go with shorter ones with enough check points.

If you want both difficult and long levels then they should not be a prerequisite for getting to experience the other levels, or they should have one shorter difficult main path and several optional sections with added “optional difficulty”.

Why Nobody is Playing in 4 Words

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Getting lives is easy,
250 takes 30 minutes.
You find this grindy?
You might be nuts!

(Long version: W1 run takes 30 minutes top, yield 7 BB, 3 continue coins and 500+ baubles, translating in 48 CC, 288 lives. Infinite CC and grind are far from mandatory.)

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I am still playing
on a daily basis
with or without guildies
still having fun, hey!

Want some feed-back?
Check out this link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Feedback-for-World-3/first#post2846493

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, why did I play less? We’ll have to put in perspective how I played W1 the first time SAB was release. I did play it a lot and farm a little everyday to get a couple skins. To get all items and the like. It was fun, there was some speed running element, fiding the good dig spots on the way that didn’t distract too much from the objective and didn’t give so much baubles I’d get too full by the end etc… The baubles per run were plentyful enough that I could enjoy bombing and slingshoting stuff left and right. I even used bombs to break the cage at times to make it faster.

Then comes world 2. By the time it was released, I was kind of over with w1 really so I had no intention of going back. I had no continue coins left because they were worthless to me so I didn’t buy any. What did I find?

- huge nerf on the lives per restart when you don’t use a continue coin I didn’t have. This change made it very very very annoying to play through world 2 because two strikes and your out.
- should I go back to world one to farm continue and lives? But I never HAD to farm to prepare to do a level before. Playing the game was self sufficient. All farming was done for benefit, not to prepare to have fun. Remember how I said I’d get more than enough bauble ammo just from doing it? World two was consuming my ammo more than it was giving back. If I found a dig spot, I couldn’t use it again the same day anyway so if I was thrown out of the map and I had used that money to buy lives at the shop, I couldn’t do it again.
- you get one continue coin per finished zone at the same time as a bauble bubble? Sure, but I had no intention of going to world 1 anyway since I had it done more than enough already so it wasn’t helping at all.

So basically, the game put some nerfs on the lives per respawn, combined with nerf on baubles per run and per day made it very very frustrating finishing world two without refarming world one somewhat beforehand. Sure it wasn’t much farming I can see but that’s now how I was about to do it. Using continue coins is cheap, I’d rather finish without. Also preparing to have fun isn’t something I’m happy with.

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Won’t play temporary content.
Living world horrible concept.
Nobody listen to Zathras.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

You are right in what you said Josh, but do not take it too hard. SAB is still an amazing concept and no doubt lessons have been learned for next time. And when the next release comes it will undoubtedly be the best yet!

My four words;

Unrewarding, difficult, time consuming.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I logged in and started playing through World 2 and I was told I should go get the slingshot because that makes playing much easier. So I went back and grinded for the slingshot.

Then I played until I reached the trees and could not get past. So I went back and played until I found the candle.

Then I went and played until I reached the impassible ice wall, and realized I needed to buy the torch thing. So I took a look and realized it costs more baubles than I cold hold. So I realized I needed to grind and buy the wallet so I could grind and buy the torch.

Then I stopped playing. If I wanted to do an 8-bit grind, I’d go play Final Fantasy. Grinding isn’t fun. kitten, you can’t even finish infantile mode without getting the torch.

No thanks.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I logged in and started playing through World 2 and I was told I should go get the slingshot because that makes playing much easier. So I went back and grinded for the slingshot.

Then I played until I reached the trees and could not get past. So I went back and played until I found the candle.

Then I went and played until I reached the impassible ice wall, and realized I needed to buy the torch thing. So I took a look and realized it costs more baubles than I cold hold. So I realized I needed to grind and buy the wallet so I could grind and buy the torch.

Then I stopped playing. If I wanted to do an 8-bit grind, I’d go play Final Fantasy. Grinding isn’t fun. kitten, you can’t even finish infantile mode without getting the torch.

No thanks.

As I already mentioned in another post:

I did an experiment. A new character, never been to SAB. I took her through world 1 (did zone 1 twice so I could get the bomb spots the second time, as you can only buy the bomb from the second zone). I got all the upgrades, without restarting it. If I hadn’t already used up my dig spots earlier, I’d not even have had to redo zone 1 again.

It’s always best to do the first bit before doing the second.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Rocky launch

Difficulty spikes

Inadequate rewards

Can’t farm

Don’t beat yourself up.

Parts are extremely fun.

Learn from World 2.

Next Worlds even better.

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

TM roses are red,
TM violets are blue,
they asplode your head
pay Moto to continue.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Ascended prioritised over SAB
World 2 too long
Assassins are very annoying

In all honesty SAB shouldn’t be included in the living story; it’s a minigame that’s evolving and has nothing to do with stuff like flame & frost, etc. I liked world 1 for what it was, which was a ‘fun’ challenge, considering I’m not great at jumping puzzles I forced myself all the way through it with guides and eventually got all the achieves world 1 had to offer. I’m sorry but world 2 is just a total difficulty spike well above and beyond what most were expecting, and for the people that love that kind of a jumping challenge, good for you. I find throwing the keyboard and mouse at the monitor a fantastic way to relieve world 2 stress.

I won’t partake in content that isn’t either fun or rewarding for the amount of effort and time taken to complete it. This should be the big message carried forward into world 3.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Stuff in real life

I had fun doing some trib mode though, maybe I’ll do some more before the event closes?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

Content long. Split zones.
Tribulation clouds kill fast.
Loose controls cause deaths.

Checkpoint in death spikes.
Still playing, enjoy challenge.
These are both haiku.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

i like big baubles and i cannot lie
all you other players can’t deny
that when difficulty spikes in a random place
and invisi walls hit your face
you get stuck, wanna use a push-glove
cuz you notice this world is tough

died in the middle but respawned back

my jumping puzzle dont want none
unless you got gems hun

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Getting lives is easy,
250 takes 30 minutes.
You find this grindy?
You might be nuts!

(Long version: W1 run takes 30 minutes top, yield 7 BB, 3 continue coins and 500+ baubles, translating in 48 CC, 288 lives. Infinite CC and grind are far from mandatory.)

But wants weapon skins.

Anyway, still am playing.

Still am having fun.

But, farming nerf bad.

Rewards cost too much.

But, jumping still fun!

Now for actual sentences :P

I hope you read this Josh, but I don’t think the reason that people aren’t playing this incarnation of SAB as much is completely due to what SAB is like. Whenever you asked to see how many people were playing, I hope you had a good idea of what the entire game’s population has been doing? I can only gauge from my own little corner of GW2, but around the 2nd week of the Scarlet invasions is when I know I needed to start taking days off from the game… and I wasn’t the only one. Quite frankly the zergy content from the Pavillion onward burned some people out. Not to mention the pace of the Living Story and the rush to complete all its APs. I think in general a fair few people were already tired out before SAB World 2 hit. I know a few people who aren’t playing SAB, but it’s because they’re entirely burned out with GW2.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Rocky launch

Difficulty spikes

Inadequate rewards

Can’t farm

Difficulty spikes? That should be what we call those wooden stakes that come out of nowhere to impale you in tribulation mode.

As for inadequate rewards, I think that the problem is really that players aren’t able to get all of the baubles bubbles that they need for the skins they want within one month. If SAB ever becomes permanent, the current rate of earning rewards would be fine.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

All My upgrades are Gone

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Longer levels. Worse rewards.

This and the account bound rewards chests. I still run zone 1, but not zone 2 because of how long the levels are.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

Too Long Lost Interest

Posted by: Turtle.4130

Turtle.4130

Release W3/4. Tribulation’s Easy.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

too hard, too long.

ifyouknowhatimean.jpg

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Grand Theft Auto five

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Have the skins I wanted
No way to profit

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Need to have reward usable outside SAB. Like obsidian shard/crystal in original release. Now people won’t bother after getting the one or two skins they want. And those skins are rewarded once all tribulation mode is done. I don’t think many would go for the super skin unless already stock piled stack of BB from last time. Bauble became pretty useless this time as its only use is for equipments and coins. And you never need those anymore once you get all the equip and if bought infinite coins.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Rocky launch

Difficulty spikes

Inadequate rewards

Can’t farm

Sadly I can agree with them about the length and how to get master of baubles world zone 2 world 2-3 it felt more like tribulation type jumps in a none tribulation mode. That kinda difficulty spike is kinda bad. I got it done but when I a more worried about disconnecting and my progress on an achievement poofing or tribulation mode start over there is a problem.

Don’t get me wrong Josh the design look was wonderful, the shortcut eagle cool to do, the music fit the worlds perfectly, the flowers were a nice idea, bananas were fine. There was a ton here done quite right and many are being quite unfair on not giving you and others at least that credit.

Kinda wish you had fixed the lag over taking out the flowers though or just put it other routes of jumping but left the flowers in for those that had no issues. Maybe even just lowered banana damage instead of taking it away because there should be a penalty for getting hit by something and maybe made it have a DR so someone didn’t get permanently stuck in it. Same for lag on the spouts I LOVED the spouts but what I didn’t like was the lag inside the SAB I get nowhere else in the game making it so it always registered me on it when off and killing me. Once again wish lag was fixed over taking away good content.

PS: Not a fan of the white snow making you unable to see. Even zooming in on my monitor made no difference at all and makes that part 100x harder then it should be. Ya, done it multiple times but still a butt.

Edit: As for rewards? I love the skins from tribulation but not really a fan at all of having to run storm kind levels enough times to gear out all of an alts weapons. Especially one handers.

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

more frustrating than hard

Posted by: AFadingDream.7861

AFadingDream.7861

I love this mode. It is incredibly satisfying to beat levels in this mode. I can’t wait for the next patch for SAB!

Posted by: Giard.6498

Giard.6498

Finished tribulation, never again.

Posted by: Lovebane.1658

Lovebane.1658

World 2 – Zone 3. At start, third tree jump. I hate you.. i really really hate you.. I want to burn you down and build an elevator on top of you.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Had myself a blast.
Be easy on yourself.
Your team did fine.
Cheers Josh, take care.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Previous

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

unless you got gems hun

Totally off topic here, but the above post is just magnificent.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

awwww yeaa! /dance

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Speak for yourself. I don’t play SAB because it isn’t fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if they the majority of GW2 players felt the same as myself.

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Added grind. Removed fun.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

unless you got gems hun

Totally off topic here, but the above post is just magnificent.

Careful, you might get policy-ed. Your post suggests ANet supports these lyrics which clearly ripoff the intellectual work of an artist and suggest women are inferior to men. Didn’t you go to the forum posting class?

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I love the box
The design is great
Not too much content
The challenges are fun

@ Josh and team:
You are the best!

And to be a bit on topic:

I have to work,
therefore limited time available.
Will play on WE
Too much happening simultaneously
Ascended weapons last patch
Tequatl is rising now
What do you expect?

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Disconnects on tribulation mode
I want to cry
Need save state now

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Temporary content

Real life

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

More frustrating than fun.

This^…..

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Haven’t finished Tribulation Mode
Won’t stop until done

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

More frustrating than fun.

Oh so frustratingly fun!

Attachments:

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Speak for yourself. I don’t play SAB because it isn’t fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if they the majority of GW2 players felt the same as myself.

I did World 1 normal and then World 2 in Infantile Mode, which is as far as my skill and patience goes… but it WAS fun. Lots of fun. In World 2 I completely lost track of time and only remembered I was supposed to meet someone when I noticed it was getting dark (very unlike me). Because it was fun.

Though that it takes so long to get through even on infantile mode is why I haven’t been back. I had to use continue coins to finish, which wasn’t a big concern because I don’t need them for anything else, but the idea of trying to get through on normal was just too much for me.

(‘m not even that terrible, I’ve got all the achievements for the regular JP in the game… though I cheated on two of them.)

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Guild mates won’t come

:(

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I completed all achievements
more skins than needed
no reason to return
baubles worthless without obsidian

Posted by: Meili Ying.3820

Meili Ying.3820

I’m still playing it
for one reason only:
Music rocks socks off
especially in w2 z3

Fix the Search Function

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I like the box
Not the bad rewards
And the difficulty spike
Done world 1 tribulation
3 times I pro
Done world 2 tribulation
Never ever coming back
Not even for skins
Need buy obsi shards
With all those baubles
Plz plz plz plz.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I like the box
Not the bad rewards
And the difficulty spike
Done world 1 tribulation
3 times I pro
Done world 2 tribulation
Never ever coming back
Not even for skins
Need buy obsi shards
With all those baubles
Plz plz plz plz.

Is that supposed to be a poem or something?…

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

World One:
Still like Play daily

World Two:
Rewards not worth time

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Novelty has worn off.

(I’m referring to the first instance of SAB barely 5 months ago.)

Posted by: Atmaweapon.7345

Atmaweapon.7345

All Baubles, no achievement.

Infantile is achivement mode.