Why Nobody is Playing in 4 Words

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Everything was very good.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Length makes it tedious.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Fun out, frustration in.

Posted by: lazorexplosion.9602

lazorexplosion.9602

Tribulation mode is awful.

Not hard just cheap.

Just plain not fun.

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I game to relax
I game to destress
I game for fun

I’m not the target audience I guess.

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

I highly disagree with the topic…I’ve been in the Super Adventure Box almost non-stop since it was re-released. I think it’s awesome, though I have to admit that World 2, Zone 3 is way too long.

(edited by Bron.9647)

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I highly disagree with the topic…I’ve been in the Super Adventure Box almost non-stop since it was re-released. I think it’s awesome, though I have to admit that World 2, Zone 3 is way too long.

Hint: Use the Shatter-Song to skip the last area.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Cursed Shore Overflow.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Hint: Use the Shatter-Song to skip the last area.

This. Literally skips one of the most frustrating parts of 2-3. If you didn’t figure out that the shatter song would allow you to skip literally this entire puzzle then I feel pretty bad for you.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hey, I didn’t figure out the Shatter Serenade could be used to drop the ice stalactites until my 3rd run through (I did World 2 on all 5 of my characters)! :P It was a series of lucky discoveries for me. When I first learned the song, dulfy’s guide pointed out that it could be used to permanently shatter ice walls. I didn’t discover that it could also permanently destroy the small ice stalactites until I happened to use it in a room that had both an ice wall and stalactites.

And then I didn’t realise it could ALSO be used on the large stalactites until I was using it in the final area to permanently clear the small stalactites around the last banana. When I realised that “Huh, I could actually use the Shatter Song to bypass the entire last puzzle!”, that was a real Eureka moment. XD

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

ANet gagging Josh Foreman.

That is really sad

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

must buy, infinite coin
three days, one skin
two three, still bugged
still no, mod answer

This is like GW2 haiku – GW-ku?

Posted by: Pandamonium.8035

Pandamonium.8035

Disconnecting tribulation kills spirit

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Anet’s bad at sequels

Posted by: Leto Atreides II.2153

Leto Atreides II.2153

Four words too short;

I answer in haiku

Took time but had fun
Got my yellow scepter skin
Will wait for next world

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

before i start SAB
my /deaths was 4k
yesterday it was 10556
:) but i had fun

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

SAB deaths count? wow. :P

Posted by: JerekLo.5893

JerekLo.5893

Very fun, but long.

Jerek Lo | Singh | Slagg Blackclaw | Wilhelm von Wilhelm | Viscerious
Sorrow’s Furnace
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

before i start SAB
my /deaths was 4k
yesterday it was 10556
:) but i had fun

That sounds very familiar…
still I had fun,
got my focus skin,
I love Tribulation Mode

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

While farming for baubles ive just been doing all of world 1 and world 2 zone 1 and zone 2. W2Z3 is not worth the time and I find it incredibly unfun with all the ice. I dislike W2Z1 due to the raft being boring and far too long, W2Z2 is ok because of the shortcut eagle. I still enjoy world 1, it can be done very quickly and there is nothing frustrating in any of those zones.

Im still not sure what the intended way to fight the yeti and storm wizard is? Because the way I see it, its practically impossible to avoid getting hit by them. Atleast with king toad it was clear that once you mastered it you could avoid all attacks. Yeti just smacks you off and makes you have to struggle up ice again (Grrr). Storm wizard just trolls by diving at you and you cant interrupt or dodge it.

Lothirieth.3408

Im still not sure what the intended way to fight the yeti and storm wizard is? Because the way I see it, its practically impossible to avoid getting hit by them.

The Yeti can be stunlocked with the whip I found out. Using Moto’s Finger on him cuts down the fight time as well.

Storm wizard just trolls by diving at you and you cant interrupt or dodge it.

Right after you reflect his projectile, immediately start running in the opposite direction from him in a wide circle. Keep doing so until you hear him stop making that sound that he makes when he rushes at you.

spoj.9672

Right after you reflect his projectile, immediately start running in the opposite direction from him in a wide circle. Keep doing so until you hear him stop making that sound that he makes when he rushes at you.

That to me is a silly tactic and not intended. The fact that you have to rely purely on the reflect damage to kill him in that phase when doing that is so annoying. I ended up just spamming attacks while he smacked me around because atleast I could get the occasional hit in while he was trolling and therefore speed up the kill a bit. You would think dodging through him or using whip would be a good way to save yourself in that phase, but nope.

Just putting down my honest opinion that those 2 fights are poorly designed and just there to be annoying imo. The dragon part of the storm wizard was fine though and king toad is also fine. I expected increased difficulty, not increased annoyance.

Lothirieth.3408

It’s a silly tactic to avoid damage? Alrighty then… And who are you to say what’s intended or not?

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Spoj you can hit the Wizard while he is walking back into position to shoot projectiles(after charging around).

PS – I agree the Wizard needs more refinement. IMO vulnerability time should be a little longer. Sparks should have better silhouettes.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

That to me is a silly tactic and not intended. The fact that you have to rely purely on the reflect damage to kill him in that phase when doing that is so annoying. I ended up just spamming attacks while he smacked me around because atleast I could get the occasional hit in while he was trolling and therefore speed up the kill a bit. You would think dodging through him or using whip would be a good way to save yourself in that phase, but nope.

Just putting down my honest opinion that those 2 fights are poorly designed and just there to be annoying imo. The dragon part of the storm wizard was fine though and king toad is also fine. I expected increased difficulty, not increased annoyance.

Or you can be up close (when he is low enough for the charging attack) when you reflect and then whip him right away, hit him, whip him, hit him; until he goes back to firing stuff at you. That way he never charges you.

Edit removed the ‘etc’ because it was just before the ‘until’ and the forum would kitten the two words :S

TC [CERN]

(edited by JeffHardisty.1926)

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

In 4 words?

“Stay near the edge.”

To clarify, I think it’s absolutely stupid for my character to have to be standing “on the edge” (Read: Completely off the edge, in terms of animation and actual position in the world) just to avoid a trap.

I’m not crying about instant death traps, or difficult jumps, or whatever. I think it’s absolutely stupid that one would have to resort to that in order to avoid a trap.

It’s like they wanted to bring “edge hugging” cartography back from GW1, and this is the interpretation of it in SAB. Half of all my tribulation runs are spent ’on the edge" and yet, still dying. Apparently “on the edge” means you really have to be off the edge.

kitten world 2 zone 2.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think Moto should sell again other stuff. I think back in April he sold stuff you would get for Karma at some other places so you could save a bit Karma. I hope this will return with the next SAB release.

So you can at least trade som bubble baubles for more useful stuff if you don’t need more skins.

spoj.9672

It’s a silly tactic to avoid damage? Alrighty then… And who are you to say what’s intended or not?

Its a silly tactic to avoid damage in such a ridiculous way. But if you can chain whip right b4 he goes invuln then im fine by that, didnt know you could do that.

Lothirieth.3408

Its a silly tactic to avoid damage in such a ridiculous way. But if you can chain whip right b4 he goes invuln then im fine by that, didnt know you could do that.

It boggles my mind that you find running out of the way of a boss’s attacks to be ridiculous. I guess you’ve found loads of boss fights ridiculous over many, many years.

spoj.9672

I find it ridiculous because its unfun and doesnt allow me to hit him while im doing it. If I could avoid the attack with timed dodges id be happy aswell. Thats my opinion, no need to get so aggressive over it.

I prefer to react instead of running around like a headless chicken until he stops chasing me. Theres no counter play to an attack that you have to run away from, which is very simplistic and boring.

Anyway its irrelevant because ive been told you can chain whip right before he goes invuln. So there is a way and Im happy with that counterplay. Unfortunately I wont get to try it out until the next SAB release.

(edited by spoj.9672)