Why are people so kitten ed at the Trib nerf?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Is it because they stop feeling like little special snowflake now that the content is accessible for more then 0.1% of the game’s population now?

I’m sorry but not everyone has 8 hrs a day just doing mindlessly boring and frustration tasks over and over again.

So stop freaking complaining!!!

edit: kitten ed lol, what i meant was piised, how is that a bad word

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

It’s more about of finally getting some content where you truly need skill for, and than loosing it again because of too many complaints.

(edited by Thanathos.2063)

Posted by: Turtle.4130

Turtle.4130

Imagine if you dished out 500g on a precursor then Anet releases a recipe for it the next day with an overall price of 20g.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It’s more about of finally getting some content where you truly need skill for, and than loosing it again because of too many complaints.

Didn’t know it takes skill to die multiple times so you know where traps are located, lol. People saying that Trib mode needs skill when really it’s just about memorization. Oh that’s a spike trap? Ok don’t go there. That’s actually a false floor? Ok don’t go that way.

Thanathos.2063

Didn’t know it takes skill to die multiple times so you know where traps are located, lol. People saying that Trib mode needs skill when really it’s just about memorization. Oh that’s a spike trap? Ok don’t go there. That’s actually a false floor? Ok don’t go that way.

That may be right in many cases, but there are (or were) some parts where you truly need jumping skills mixed with a sense of searching your way in the most unlikely places.

If it’s a guaranteed win when you have unlimited lifes it would be clear that it doesn’t require skill, but I don’t think so.

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Tribulation mode isn’t “hard” so much as costly. You spend a lot of lives, have to learn where the tricks and traps are, and that may require some challenging jumps. Beyond that, I don’t think I’d say there’s a lot of technical skill required. At least not on the pinpoint precision levels of IWBTG, but that sort of thing would be impossible in GW2. I think the mode is still plenty hard from what I’ve seen of it.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: iplayBANJO.9543

iplayBANJO.9543

World 2 needed more checkpoints, specifically in trib mode, but this is the internet and people here will always complain. I finished W2Z2 yesterday and actually think the zone is a little too long in general, but there were definitely places that in trib mode that needed a checkpoint closer to. I’m more upset about reading that the geysers don’t rise and fall anymore, since without that the whole section of W2Z1 is, I think, oversimplified.

Also the mode may be boring to you, but a lot of people really enjoy games like that. If you don’t, you can always play SAB on another mode. Like infantile.

Thanathos.2063

Also the mode may be boring to you, but a lot of people really enjoy games like that. If you don’t, you can always play SAB on another mode. Like infantile.

That would mean that the trib skins would be unavailable for them, and that’s a total no-go for today’s gamer generation

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Can you please enlighten me what exactly was nerfed? I did full run W1 yesterday and tonight and cannot see any major difference. Or is it for w2 only (havent touched that yet) ?

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Can you please enlighten me what exactly was nerfed? I did full run W1 yesterday and tonight and cannot see any major difference. Or is it for w2 only (havent touched that yet) ?

They added 3 new checkpoints to w2-z2, decreased the difficulty of the Gong run in w2-z2 and decreased the difficulty of some jumps. The difference is not very noticable but the elitists who think they’re better than everyone else because they completed it pre-patch have their panties in a bunch because anet “made it easier for casuals”.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

They added 3 new checkpoints to w2-z2, decreased the difficulty of the Gong run in w2-z2 and decreased the difficulty of some jumps. The difference is not very noticable but the elitists who think they’re better than everyone else because they completed it pre-patch have their panties in a bunch because anet “made it easier for casuals”.

Thank you for comprehensive answer <3

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

Not a nerf, really. Scrubs will still have a hard time getting these sweet skins they’re drooling about. And this is only the beginning, the real fun begins at world 4. And us special snowflakes will enjoy every minute of it.

What was nerfed was normal mode which actually was too difficult for world 2. It’s still not a free lunch but it’s just reasonably harder, not too harder. This will also change in world 4. No final world should be ‘moderately hard’.

I can outrun a centaur.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

pretty much this ^^^

this people are the ones that ruin games its an MMORPG if you cant tolerate Fair gameplay and Sharing then you shouldnt play multiplayer games . for some it isnt even a matter of lack of skill it may even be poor hardware such as faulty mice or keyboard or simply weak graphics wich makes them run at low fps so yeah try be considerate.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Anet said they expected only a few players to complete Trib and now they nerfed it?

Why
I havent done trib mode myself nor do i plan to but taking away the difficulty for some whiners is just sad.

There should be hard content.. i mean.. this is the same content as casuals get.. only catered for those who enjoy a bit of suffering.. no idea why they nerfed it.

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

Can someone please explain me which difficulty in any game ever is NOT trial and error?

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

People keep going on the geysers being related to skill. They nerfed them because they were buggy and they weren’t working as well as they wanted them too. Jumping on the geysers wasn’t the issue at all. Having to deal with the buggy animations not registering you on them, was.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Anet said they expected only a few players to complete Trib and now they nerfed it?

Why
I havent done trib mode myself nor do i plan to but taking away the difficulty for some whiners is just sad.

There should be hard content.. i mean.. this is the same content as casuals get.. only catered for those who enjoy a bit of suffering.. no idea why they nerfed it.

not even tribulation it was just the bugged geysers and world 2 Normal mode that got “nerfed”

Posted by: Zeigy.5863

Zeigy.5863

Can someone please explain me which difficulty in any game ever is NOT trial and error?

The game where….well there is the one that….I got nothing, you’re right.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I’d have to say Dark Souls. There’s a lot of death in that, and most (if not all) possible death is telegraphed. You can clearly see where you faulted, whether it be bad timing, or failure to dodge, etc. Yes you will die a lot and you will learn, but it’s nothing like going forward and seeing if you get hit by a random spike trap.

Trial and error like TM is more about how much patience you have to find all the invisible traps.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

(edited by Sera.6539)

Zeigy.5863

pretty much this ^^^

this people are the ones that ruin games its an MMORPG if you cant tolerate Fair gameplay and Sharing then you shouldnt play multiplayer games . for some it isnt even a matter of lack of skill it may even be poor hardware such as faulty mice or keyboard or simply weak graphics wich makes them run at low fps so yeah try be considerate.

That’s where you’re wrong. If you make the content more accessible (this is a dirty word in gaming), then you devalue the rewards earned at the end. Without that exclusivity how are items supposed to be valued as having been acquired by a small number of people?

At this rate every casual will be running around with a super weapon skin. Casuals care the least about gaming. They just want an effortless experience.

Zeigy.5863

I’d have to say Dark Souls. There’s a lot of death in that, and most (if not all) possible death is telegraphed. You can clearly see where you faulted, whether it be bad timing, or failure to dodge, etc. Yes you will die a lot and you will learn, but it’s nothing like going forward and seeing if you get hit by a random spike trap.

Trial and error like TM is more about how much patience you have to find all the invisible traps.

Which is fine. Not all difficulties are created the same.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

ITT: Elitists complaining that barely .1% of the population will also be allowed to be elite. At least, that’s the vibe I’m getting from these people complaining about the ‘nerf’.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Tribulation mode is not really hard, it’s mainly frustrating while doing it, but feels rewarding afterwards.

It’s more about good memory and having nerves of steel when going through it without giving up.

As well you need to be aware of your surrounding, and abuse the devs ways of building the map. Some jumps requires fast thinking, and some jumps require dodge-jump, with dodge jump you can pretty much reach platforms that aren’t reachable otherwise, and you can walk past a great deal of traps and then jump down on a checkpoint.

So yeah, Tribulation mode is not hard, it’s more like time consuming, and show that you can stay calm and sane while doing it, while keeping track of the traps in your head.

You need to outwit and counter the devs. You need brain skills.

I’m done with World 1 all zones, and World 2 zone 1.

I don’t have an infinity coin, I don’t even need it.

Posted by: Artemis.4059

Artemis.4059

I don’t get why people keep saying that TM does not requires skill / is not difficult.

Yes, it is trial and error so after hundreds of deadths you will exactly know where the traps / bad stuff is.

However, EVEN with video guide andknowing the right path it is still very difficult to finish.

Why?

Because “safe” paths are almost always the hardest paths to take. The longest jumps that require practice and good reflex, each wrong move while fighting with mob may get you knocked down on traps, unforgiving mistakes (pretty much always when you screw, you die).

So yea, apart from determination, nerves of steel and time, it also requires skill in jumping. I am sure that if person isn’t VERY good at jumping in this game, he/she wouldn’t manage to finish Tribulation Mode.

Regarding dodgejump thing – I have done ALL jumps (apart from W2Z3 – haven’t done it yet) without using that technique so saying that it is mandatory in every zone in world 2 is simply not true.

Stop disregarding TM and describing it as just time consuming tiral and error thingie because without excelent jumping skills no one can complete it.

(edited by Artemis.4059)

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I’d like to see a screen shot of their Trib weapons from people who say it takes no skill just memorization. I’m thinking the people saying this just haven’t done it. They have only heard about it.

Sure there is some memorization, some trail and error as far as knowing where the traps are. There are also many parts that require timing and skill.

You’re telling me that just because you know that middle rock in the lava jumps it doesn’t take skill to jump across all three rocks before the middle rock and jump and knock you off? Let’s see your weapon.

You’re telling me that just because you know which pillars have spikes on them it doesn’t take skill to use the trampolinies to jump to the furthest possible pillar all the way across with out making one mistake that starts you over? Let’s see your weapon.

Heck some of the obsticals in World 2 are always visable and it still takes very percise jumping to get from point A to point B.

I’m willing to bet those screen shots don’t come.

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

People need to stop pretending that this nerf was done to allow the “filthy casuals” to easily jaunt through Tribulation mode. It was done to allow the average players who were having trouble with World 2(due to bugs, lag, difficulty) to make it through. TM is part of World 2, so yes… The changes/bug fixes were carried over into it as well.

But it’s not like your going to suddenly start seeing your precious green/yellow super weapons being carried by every player out there. Actual casual players don’t have the time to spend on TM… It’s what makes them casual.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

ROFL, TM didn’t require skill, it required a lot of time, trial and error, and the PTW coin. ANYONE could beat it eventually with that coin and enough tries, it would just take a while.