World 1 Zone 2 Trib Mode help??

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So according to Dulfy’s video, we have to do the double jump after the first checkpoint, but I can’t ever seem to be able to get it to work. Is there any other way around? I know its against the rules to bind the double jump to a single key (single key single action), so I can’t do that. I’ve tried hitting both v and spacebar but I can’t get it to work. I really want to be able to complete it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

No jumps in SAB should require a dodge-jump. That was one of the team’s commandments when creating content.

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

There are some pretty gnarly jumps so dodge jumps help a lot. Even if they’re not required.

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

Are you talking about dodge jumping?

I’ve found dodge jumping to be easier if you double-tap a movement key and then roll into the jump button.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Dodge Jumping makes a lot of things easier, but as Vince has said, it isn’t a requirement.

I just checked out Dulfy’s guide, and where she’s saying to double jump isn’t the ‘proper’ way to do it (or how Vince, Josh and the team intended it to be done).

You’re meant to ‘fake out’ the big boulder. So jump on the second pebble, jump back to the first pebble and then jump back onto the big boulder as soon as possible. It requires some quick reflexes!

Good luck!

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

I’ve been finding that bolder particularly anoying because its timeing is not very consistant. I’ve goten past it quite a few times by fakeing it out. However when fakeing it out sometimes I can jump back and forth 2-3 times before it finaly triggers and other times its leaping before I even manage to come down on that closer rock makeing it impossible to get far enough away in time. unfortunatly this one is probably down to lag.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

No jumps in SAB should require a dodge-jump. That was one of the team’s commandments when creating content.

If thats the case, then how are you supposed to get past the jump over the lava after checkpoint 1? (the one where you go from the tree root, to two small rocks, to the large rock that knocks you back?

Dodge Jumping makes a lot of things easier, but as Vince has said, it isn’t a requirement.

I just checked out Dulfy’s guide, and where she’s saying to double jump isn’t the ‘proper’ way to do it (or how Vince, Josh and the team intended it to be done).

You’re meant to ‘fake out’ the big boulder. So jump on the second pebble, jump back to the first pebble and then jump back onto the big boulder as soon as possible. It requires some quick reflexes!

Good luck!

Hmm, I’ll give that a try. Was kinda trying that but jump,jump, and then jump is gonna be tricky.

Got it a few times this way, though it really depends on either lag or screwy behavior of the boulder. Had it not move a few times only to have it knock me into the lava, wait till I was really close to it before starting, or even knock me down before it even started coming back down. I get the limitations due to game engine, but its really not fun knowing what to do, only to have the game screw up (somehow) and kill you.

God I hate the detection of those large rocks (one the second one you have to fake out).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)