World 2 zone 2 checkpoint in spikes

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

Ok Anet this is outright ridiculous, there’s a checkpoint on w2 z2 right before the pillars section (the one with trampolines) and every time you die it takes away 2 lives!!!!!

also i arrived to the next happy cloud checkpoint just to see that it doesn’t work you still spawn on the spikes

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

Cele.5467

This is on Tribulation mode BTW

Posted by: Fuzz.7354

Fuzz.7354

I experienced the same thing. My friend was able to advance further than me in the same party and got to the checkpoint cloud, but it still spawned him back on the spikes.

I absolutely love the challenge tribulation mode brings, some things feel a bit ridiculous but that’s all part of the challenge. This one part, however, feels downright unfair. I hope it gets changed.

Posted by: Ben.2685

Ben.2685

This is happening to me too. Incredibly infuriating that not only do I lose a bunch of lives to spawning in spikes, but having the next cloud not function?!
Please fix ASAP!

Posted by: Garzin.7185

Garzin.7185

I wounder if that’s a feature or a bug…

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

This is about the 8th thread about this.

Posted by: Garzin.7185

Garzin.7185

I’m talking about the spawning in spikes not the bugged checkpoint

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I’m talking about the spawning in spikes not the bugged checkpoint

Use the search function, you’ll find many threads full out with screen shots.

Cele.5467

dunno if this got fixed or not, i got past the whole tribulation mode… what a ride…

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Got a taste of this wonderful surprise today. The person I was running it with got stuck in the death loop until she crashed. You might want to slow down on the content because this kind of rubbish really shouldn’t make it to live.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

It’s a feature, takes away 2 lives so more people buy the infinite continue coin

lol j/k, it’s obviously a bug, I encountered this too earlier. Very frustrating to do 2 parts cause of the bugged checkpoint.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I did it today with this, very very frustrating haha, but managed to do it.
They’ll probably fix it tomorrow.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

yea, this is def not intended, that whole checkpoint wasn’t there pre patch, it was a hotfix.
and i assume that because of that, it broke the code of the next spawn cloud.

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

yep, total BS- we got hit w/ the spikes on spawn, made it to the next cloud. my friend decided ‘well, lets back out its probably bugged. we’ll take the shortcut bird and skip it’ – SHORTCUT BIRD DIDNT WORK.

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

Cele.5467

I feel you pain, it’s doable but is some serious kitten…

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

My friend and I decided to use the shortcut eagle instead of run through that double death per failure trap and we learned the hard way that you can’t evne use him to get there… Why put the eagle there if it doesn’t do what it’s meant for?

Posted by: Yih.4950

Yih.4950

I just quit after dying after the bugged cloud checkpoint.

I already spent 5 hours with a friend in this zone, and after holding him back for at least 40 minutes doing the trampolines because I suck at jumping, I finally reached the cloud. Only to find out that we got trolled.

No results after pulling my hair out for 6 hours. I’ve never been this frustrated at a game.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Has anyone else had the clouds bugged in world 2 zone 2, at the place where you have to jump on the columns that are in a straight line that goes down and then back up (its right before one of the new checkpoints, and its before the toad room with the single bauble and poison traps)? When I got there yesterday, some of the clouds looked activated (had rainbows already out) closer to that checkpoint (I think it was the next to last one from it), and the ones that start you over there were not even showing up. The first one only showed up when I went down to see what was in the barrel. Then the clouds only started showing up once I got close to them. When I reached the one that looked activated, it actually activated. Not really a problem, just letting devs/Josh now (if they read it).
(Not sure why this got merged here. Mine was for infantile mode, not Tribulation Mode).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Darkdragons.5860

Darkdragons.5860

I was just doing w2 z2 triblution mode and near the end theres a checkpoint that spawns you on spikes and half the time you die when you spawn. Also the cloud checkpoint after that wasn’t respawning me on it instead I spawned back on the spike checkpoint.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/RHXTn

Cele.5467

I just quit after dying after the bugged cloud checkpoint.

I already spent 5 hours with a friend in this zone, and after holding him back for at least 40 minutes doing the trampolines because I suck at jumping, I finally reached the cloud. Only to find out that we got trolled.

No results after pulling my hair out for 6 hours. I’ve never been this frustrated at a game.

i found the trampolines have some tricks to be used for instance the trampoline will always send you fliying in the direction you pressed just as you hit the trampoline, so for example to be able to jump indefinitely on the trampoline you don’t have to touch any direction key.

now to be able to fly great distances the best way to do it is jump on the trampoline and as you go down on the same trampoline push the direction you want to go, Almost landing on the dege (don’t land on the very edge, it will not jump).

It makes it easier for me, now that last part is not so hard as it seems and the ice can easily be climbed if you keep jumping as soon as you touch the ground

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

I just finished the World 2, zone 2 of tribulation, to much anger, last night. The checkpoint directly after the portal section has 2 major errors.

1. The checkpoint spawns you in spikes and sometimes you do not get the invulnerability, causing you to double die.

2. After doing the pillar jump and avoiding the cloud piranhas you will get to do a balloon-cloud checkpoint but the portal checkpoint supersedes that one causing the checkpoint to not work and for you to re spawn at the portal checkpoint, even thought the balloon-checkpoint is further in the zone.

I loved the rest of the zone on tribulation just that error lost me over 200 lives and got me incredibly frustrated.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

I can confirm this as it happened to me over the weekend. Luckily the checkpoint right before the boss worked.

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

As indicated by all the other threads about this topic, yes, we know.

Lets see if we can get a thread merge going.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: chewienl.9804

chewienl.9804

im on the same spot right now, and indeed those 2 errors are taking the **** out of me. cant find the right path through the last icy part so i have to redo the annoying pillars over and over again.

finally got it after struggling for 2 hours on the pillar/ice part :P

and i thought the tribulation cloud part was annoying :’)

(edited by chewienl.9804)

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

as if zone 2 wasn’t hard enough. after hours getting to this point I found the same error, with both checkpoints. first one kills you and the cloud doesn’t work at all.

after a lot of frustration I was able to make it to the end. pls fix this soon

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

This still isn’t fixed?

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

Fixed! Both checkpoints

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]