Any chance of recurring periodically?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SD ParagonVhailor.9160

SD ParagonVhailor.9160

Like the thread title says, is there any chance this event will re-occur in the future? The FAQ indicates it’s available for all of April, but says nothing about after that. Will Moto be returning sometime in the future for more super adventure boxing, or is this a one and done sort of thing where if we like it we better get all we ever want in in the one month it’s available?

Any replies appreciated, and looking forward to trying the box!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m assuming that this, like the Halloween and Winters Day events, will be available every year, the reason I say this is because in GW1 there are Terminator themed quests every year for April fools.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

I’m assuming that this, like the Halloween and Winters Day events, will be available every year, the reason I say this is because in GW1 there are Terminator themed quests every year for April fools.

If you enjoy it as much as we do, than yes, it’s very likely to join the list of content that may make an appearance again the future and be expanded on. This is indeed one of our goals of developing a living world with the game!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

this is the best thing you’ve ever done, i woulda payed 60 dollars just for this game mode, infact i’m going to buy gems for the first time, out of appreciation for this.

Please expand on it. I couldnt be happier right now!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

This is awesome Colin, I’m going to run the ever loving kitten out of this during the month we have it,
More weird and whacky please

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Just watching the video preview and me and my brother where sold. I would enjoy this popping up as like a week-long event once per month.

It’s truly epic to see you guys aren’t the cold, money-grubbing MMO company most are and that you DEFINITIVELY know how to have fun.

It reminds me of this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWfyf74jMvg
from my good old days of playing WoW before they where taken over by activision and their game turned to crap….

So truly, from the bottom of my heart… Thank you for still having fun Anet =D

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dasor.7859

Dasor.7859

Make this permanent, PLEASE

THIS IS AWESOME

Just finished the 4 worlds… omg that’s… can’t describe. AWESOME

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I agree make it permanent, I dont want to rush the content.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I vote we all kill every fluffy bunny in Tyria until they yield. They will have to listen then!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

If you enjoy it as much as we do, than yes, it’s very likely to join the list of content that may make an appearance again the future and be expanded on. This is indeed one of our goals of developing a living world with the game!

Please, please, oh please. It’s seriously one of the most amazing things and I think having it around as a permanent game mode would be incredible.

Thank you for making this for us, all of you. It’s absolutely fantastic.

(edited by Bonefield.9813)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

This is amazing stuff you guys have put in.. You don’t only bring fun, you bring old memories and making new ones!

On my first try I got to the raft but then suddently we all got a box and that was the end, I think someone of my party didn’t had continue left!

In my opinion you guys from Anet that made this, deserve a price or something.. its so original and entertaining.. one of a kind!

Congratulations

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Schewe.1673

Schewe.1673

This update completely blew my mind and I would love to see it be a permanent part of the game!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: blazechief.2098

blazechief.2098

PERMANENT PERMANENT!
chant with me people!!!
PERMANENT! PERMANENT! lol

seriously though this dungeon is hard as hell but…… permanent plz… Ill even be happy if its just an “april only” dungeon freaking fun. not only does it make me feel like Im in Minecraft (god I can see an MC tex pack in the works now) pwning any and all mobs I see, but it also makes me feel a major sense of nostalgia from when I was a kid and loved every single freaking game I got my hands on (even the bad ones) T.T

name Sion Forgeblast, of iron legion rank: Centurion
level 80 charr engineer, fave wep….. flamethrower
oh the irony of using fire to kill flame legion! XD

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Please, PLEASE bring it back again. I took a break from GW2 and pondered leaving the game, I logged in yesterday and had some new content to do considering the Razing and today my guild and I played the Super Adventure Box and LOVED it!!!! Really great job on this guys and keep up the good work I love this content

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I say make it permanent. Also, get the other mini games going!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I say make it permanent. Also, get the other mini games going!

I second that, this deserves it… and we deserve more fun things, where is Polymock and bar brawls?

But right now, this one is for the lack of better word epic.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

MAKE IT PERMANENT!!!! I AM BEGGING YOU, ON MY KNEES

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: redhand.7168

redhand.7168

I just don’t understand why ANet insists on throwing away good content. This is an example of something fun and non-seasonal that doesn’t have any reason to disappear. Ever. Maybe bump up the requirements for the rewards and tier the skins, add some ineffectual vertical progression on the skins, and just let people go crazy! This is the kind of thing I would love to see in all major cities in one way or another. Maybe even multiples!

But seriously. +1 for ANet. Please do more of this in the future, and FOR GODS SAKE QUIT SCRAPPING PERFECTLY GOOD MATERIAL.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

FOR GODS SAKE QUIT SCRAPPING PERFECTLY GOOD MATERIAL.

Not like they are throwing it away, any content they have made… they still have access to reuse in whole or in parts later regardless of whether we have access to it right now or not.

That said, I sincerely hope this type of content remains accessible, since like you said it is not really thematic to the time of the year or anything.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

Please ANet, just keep it in. Is that really so hard? Maybe if you do take it away return it after a while and make it a pay to enter/gold/gem sink. What I’m trying to say is Grabs a handful of cash and proceeds to push it onto ANets face “Just take it! Take my money! Stop struggling and just take it!” I have been at this for about 4 hours and haven’t even done my dailys yet, please ANet, let me sleep… Also, sorry I killed your frog…

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

This is exactly what the different cities need to make them more active. A different mini game in each city. No pressure. :P

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Winch.2657

Winch.2657

best thing that happened to the game since launch, please make it stay ;_;

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Colin et. al., you never cease to amaze me. This is fantastic!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

Please bring back Hunger Royale while you’re at it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

“IF?” wha? This is like the best dungeon in the game.. PLEASE make a normal dungeon that is similar to this: lots Jumping & use of 3D space, tons of secrets, insetting ways to interact with environments, a few mobs that are fun to fight & interesting boss fights.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Best event ever.

Awesome job. I would love to see this event or a variation of it this event in the near future.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vancext.5698

Vancext.5698

Permanent please! Seriously, this is amazing content, and very fun. It’s an excellent complement to the existing gameplay. If Superbox got a new update every month I would play it without question.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

What an amazing update – love it! Big thanks to all who worked on this. Was running around this with my friends last night and large nostalgic grins all round.

I had an interesting conversation with my sons (four of them play the game) who also loved the box, but could not quite believe that in the old days all video games were like this…

I agree with making this a permanent feature. All the racial cities were supposed to have mini games, so why not just make this one the games for Rata Sum, especially as polymock is not ready yet?

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

What an amazing update – love it! Big thanks to all who worked on this. Was running around this with my friends last night and large nostalgic grins all round.

I had an interesting conversation with my sons (four of them play the game) who also loved the box, but could not quite believe that in the old days all video games were like this…

I agree with making this a permanent feature. All the racial cities were supposed to have mini games, so why not just make this one the games for Rata Sum, especially as polymock is not ready yet?

I’d have to agree. It’s things like this that would breathe life into the other cities so we won’t have everyone and their grandmothers standing in Lion’s Arch all the time. The cities would greatly benefit from additions like Super Adventure Box being made permanent so people will spread out more.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Periodically is not enough. The player base wants this to stay and is having fun with it.
You don’t simply put something as fun as minecraft in the game and expect people not to love it and want it to stay around.

Its just.. the pioneering, rational business step to leave it in and let it be Rata Sums mini-game at least until polymock is out(really, I prefer this anyway and see no reason two mini-games can’t coexist).

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: RayWolf.2308

RayWolf.2308

Super Adventure Box! is AWESOME – i have no word’s to express how this brings back so many memories, thoughts and feelings. Thank U very much for this.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

This has to be a permanent mini game, seriously. It’s too good to only be here for a month. So far we only have kegbrawl as a permanent mini game, so please Anet, keep the SAB permanent. We need more mini games and this definitely has to stay.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

And here I thought the “Terminator”-inspired stuff in GW1 was a pretty great April Fool’s gag. This is the best limited time event I’ve ever seen in any MMO, easily.

Also, I thought I was getting tired of Nintendo references in other games, but they’ve been done in a rather amusing way here.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Poringosa.1804

Poringosa.1804

MAKE IT PERMANENT!!!! I AM BEGGING YOU, ON MY KNEES

Nothing more to add. Best thing I’ve ever seen in a MMORPG, please expand on it and please make it permanent, or at least to come back every third/fourth month <3