Game Over is a scary place....

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

A frightfully scary place.

So far, I’ve been lucky to have the continue coins and avoid whatever demise it brings. But I do wonder…what happens if you don’t have the coins? What terrible faith will your poor character face?

And an even more intriguing question, is it like a classical ‘Game Over’ and you have to start all the way at the beginning, or do you still get the zones you opened?

I ask because I’m not cruel enough to submit any of my characters to suicide just to find out…even in a virtual world within a virtual world. Just ending up in that room is probably enough frightful trauma for them as is…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Tied to a post. Surrounded by Bombs in their last seconds. Lava rising. Shark in the Lava. Walls with spikes closing in. Pendulum lowering above. Moto’s huge mouth right in front of you, selling Continue Coins for twice the value from outside the instance.

I enjoyed it. A lot.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Just reenter the instance.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

It just teles you too rata sum, you get to keep all the baubles and zones you have unlocked in the game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Yeah you get teleported before anything actually hits you.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I lol’d for real when I saw that Game Over screen. Then I suddenly got scared and hit continue before I exploded or something gruesome.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

It was the most terrifying experience of my life so I hit continue and bout 15 continue coins so that I’d never find out what happens should I not have any coins left…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I haven’t even seen this screen yet. My continue coins are collecting dust.

in Super Adventure Box

Arikyali.5804

It just teles you too rata sum, you get to keep all the baubles and zones you have unlocked in the game.

So that’s it? No explosions, no shark leaping out of the lava, or spiked walls crushing you to death?

Not even evil laughter? Meh.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Flamedramon.8103

Flamedramon.8103

So that’s it? No explosions, no shark leaping out of the lava, or spiked walls crushing you to death?

Not even evil laughter? Meh.

I’m guessing it’s just there to freak you out. It worked on me well enough to click on the leave instance button before anything even gets close.

in Super Adventure Box

Arikyali.5804

Well, I ended up finding out with my asura – who does not carry continue coins. I felt so sorry for my little asura, helplessly struggling and unable to escape. q_q

If they did a blackout and made the character scream, it would cinch it. Totally.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Yeah that room was a callback to the SAW video game I guess.

I thought the robotic shark in the lava was a pretty nice touch.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Yeah that room was a callback to the SAW video game I guess.

I thought the robotic shark in the lava was a pretty nice touch.

It’s actually a throw back to many old arcade games that used potentially gruesome scenes to compel players to put in more of their lunch money or allowance to continue. Final Fight, for example, had your character tied to a chair with a bundle of lit dynamite next to them with the fuse getting shorter as the timer counted down. The original Ninja Gaiden game had your character locked to a table with a giant saw blade slowly being lowered towards their midsection as the timer counted down. Etc.