Guide: 4 Bauble Bubbles every 8 mins

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

Shows u how to speed clear Wold 1: zones 1 and 2 in quick succession, using the shortcut worm in order to farm baubles for the skins. Enjoy

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MossyStump.9461

MossyStump.9461

You should change the title to Bubble Baubles to prevent confusion

in Super Adventure Box

SwickHobo.5096

You should change the title to Bubble Baubles to prevent confusion

Thought it was obvious enough, but the max character title won’t let me change it anyway without deleting something else. lol Quite the conundrum

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Thought it was obvious enough, but the max character title won’t let me change it anyway without deleting something else. lol Quite the conundrum

800 gems for a new character slot yes?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion
are you telling us you have max 40 character slots? O_O

in Super Adventure Box

SwickHobo.5096

800 gems for a new character slot yes?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion
are you telling us you have max 40 character slots? O_O

0.o was talking about the character limit in the thread title. Although i do have 8 char slots.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Cupcakes.2534

Cupcakes.2534

What does he say to the worm?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kuubaaa.3165

Kuubaaa.3165

he types /bow

in Super Adventure Box

SwickHobo.5096

yea just bowed, you don’t actually have to just felt like it. Confuse the masses, u know.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why not include zone 3?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

Why not include zone 3?

Zone 3 takes about 6 minutes while 1 and 2 are roughly 3 a piece. It makes it more efficient to skip the last zone and start over after 2.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Why not include zone 3?

Zone 3 takes about 6 minutes while 1 and 2 are roughly 3 a piece. It makes it more efficient to skip the last zone and start over after 2.

Starting a new character, going through the tutorial, running to SAB, entering the zone and watching the cinematic takes roughly 3-4 minutes, so, it actually would be more time efficient to do zone 3.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Super Adventure Box

Alkron.1345

Why not include zone 3?

Starting a new character, going through the tutorial, running to SAB, entering the zone and watching the cinematic takes roughly 3-4 minutes, so, it actually would be more time efficient to do zone 3.

Assuming
Z1 is 3 min
Z2 is 3 min
Z3 is 6 min
Reset is 4 min

Z1+2, 4 per run
10 minute runs, so 6 runs in an hour so 24 per hour

Z1+2+3, 6 per run
16 minute run, so 3.75 in an hour, so 22.5 (18 for 3 runs, 24 for 4)

Its close but not quite.

in Super Adventure Box

Ayrilana.1396

No it’s not.

Let’s assume it takes 6 min to create a character and go through the intro personal story. Let’s assume that path 1+2 takes 6 min and all paths take 12 min. Each zone gives 2 bauble bubbles.

Doing all worlds 4 times yields 24 (6×4) bauble bubbles. The speed run takes 48 min (4*12) and the set up time for the character takes 18 min (3×6). This is a total time of 66 min.

Doing zone 1+2 to match the total bauble bubbles you would earn doing the entire world means you’re doing 6 runs. This yields 24 (6×4) bauble bubbles. The speed run time is 36 min (6×6) and the set up time for the character takes 30 min (6×5). The total time is 66 min.

These are the only things that are variable. If it takes longer to set up the character then doing the world is better. If it takes less than six min to set up a character then doing zone 1+2 is better. I’m pretty sure it takes more than 6 min to set up a character as most intro personal stories take longer than that.

EDIT: I neglected to consider the extra two times that you would have to do should count so there’s an extra 3 min.

in Super Adventure Box

Alkron.1345

Most character setups I ran took under 6 minutes, skipping to end and cut scenes. The Asuran intro is relatively swift, especially when several people are running the cycle and keeping it moving. Yes i actually timed it haha

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Why not include zone 3?

Assuming people are constantly creating character and not just running it on the ones the have created already is a pretty big assumption.

Let just all imagine this game has been out since august of last year… and we already did all the trivial character creation 8 times. It’s no longer faster to do zone 3.

in Super Adventure Box

Alkron.1345

Also true. I was operating my statement on having run all 8 of my permanent characters and now using my 9th slot to acquire more.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Why not include zone 3?

Assuming people are constantly creating character and not just running it on the ones the have created already is a pretty big assumption.

Let just all imagine this game has been out since august of last year… and we already did all the trivial character creation 8 times. It’s no longer faster to do zone 3.

Tons of people are creating new characters for this. Just create a new Asura and you can see how many new characters are being created just for this event.

Its not an assumption, since I have seen it and know for a fact people are farming this event like crazy for these skins.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Super Adventure Box

Ayrilana.1396

The point we’re trying to argue is that you won’t save time by doing only zones 1 and 2 because then you’re spending more time creating characters.

I’ve attached a sheet that assumes you start a character from scratch on both scenarios unlike my previous example. This creates a more realistic example considering you’re planning to use an extra character slot to farm. I have character creation until end of intro personal story at 4 minutes.

As you can see is that it takes 80 min to do 4 complete world runs. It takes 84 min to do 6 complete zone 1+2 runs. This difference widens the more runs you do. There’s a correlation between the time it takes to set up a character and the time it takes to run zone 3. I can tell you that it’s very possible to run zone 3 quicker than 6 min.

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

Personally I only do Zone 1 and Zone 2 because I don’t like Zone 3 and the Frog fight. I can create a character, do the quest, get to the box, run zone 1 and zone 2 in less than 10 minutes. That’s good enough for me.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

Why you arguing about shaving a few minutes ? x.x

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Zone 1 is ~2:30 + 15s wait at the end
Zone 2 is ~3:30 + 45s wait at the end
Zone 3 is ~4:00

It takes ~3 to ~6 minutes to create a character and run to the entrance. Add another minute to get to zone 1.

At 3m creation:
Zone 1 to 2 will get 50 baubles in 2h 8m
Zone 1 to 3 will get 50 baubles in 2h 5m

At 6m creation:
Zone 1 to 2 will get 50 baubles in 2h 46m
Zone 1 to 3 will get 50 baubles in 2h 30m

Factoring in slight errors on zone 3 however will make the times that much closer, so it really comes down to how many times you want to replay the tutorial.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wait…people create characters to do this? They don’t already have all their character slots filled? Mind = blown

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

I do all 3 zones ‘cause I have the whole thing pretty much down. I also run all three zones ’cause, while it’s faster to just run zone 1 and 2 when you’re using an already created character, you run out of those pretty quickly, so I run the extra zone to get the most out of each character before I have to start making new ones.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Super Adventure Box

Ayrilana.1396

The argument was about which was more efficient. To be honest, people should do what they find enjoyable. If they hate zone 3 then they don’t have to do it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

An average zone 3 run is about 4 minutes. Provided you’re going in alone, you don’t die and can kill the boss with 3 jewels. You can take shortcuts through the poison, you’ll take damage too, but you can skip a lot of the zone.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

in Super Adventure Box

SwickHobo.5096

Why not include zone 3?

I personally don’t include zone 3 because it takes longer then the afformentioned even if you account for intro cinematic. If you also filter in starting a new asuran after every run i would indeed run path 3, I however don’t delete/recreate. I run this exact path on all 8 of my character slots and then call it quits for the day and go and do something else. This allows me to spend a minimal time in SAB while still racking in more Baubles then i know what to do with. (if i did this every day i’d get 1 skin every other day which is more then enough for me.)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The point we’re trying to argue is that you won’t save time by doing only zones 1 and 2 because then you’re spending more time creating characters.

I’ve attached a sheet that assumes you start a character from scratch on both scenarios unlike my previous example. This creates a more realistic example considering you’re planning to use an extra character slot to farm. I have character creation until end of intro personal story at 4 minutes.

As you can see is that it takes 80 min to do 4 complete world runs. It takes 84 min to do 6 complete zone 1+2 runs. This difference widens the more runs you do. There’s a correlation between the time it takes to set up a character and the time it takes to run zone 3. I can tell you that it’s very possible to run zone 3 quicker than 6 min.

Look, the science has obviously been printed on paper. That means it’s REAL SCIENCE.

I’m not sure why, but it made me extremely happy that you went to the effort of printing, then scanning this.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Super Adventure Box

Ayrilana.1396

It was either that or take a screenshot. However since I was at work, I was not going to hop onto the forums on that computer.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Njordfinn.4921

Njordfinn.4921

did a video from character creation with z1-3
here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WX9V7ySxqA
not everything is perfect and i sadly didn’t use the upper route in world 3 by the time i did the video, still i think it is ok all in all

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s still more efficient to just farm cof p1 and buy most skins. 30 mins of proper cof p1 farm nets you 2 skins. Greatsword is the exception, but it’s close event then.

And with the difference that the bought skins do not require fine transmutation stone usage.