I can't take it anymore....

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Seriously, I can’t take it anymore! The Super Adventure Box is just too much fun! Made me laugh (A lot!) to play a game inside a game! This is a very cool update ArenaNet, thanks for the laugh and fun! Pfft haha!

P.S. A lot of bunnies were hurt in the making of this post.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I agree, I hope they turn it into a full fledged dungeon with actual weapon and armor progression. Like finishing more stages and zones upgrades your weapons, so that after a boss battle or something your stick turns into a sword then a stronger one after another boss battle. Also applies to the whip and slingshot etc.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I know what you mean.

I was actually a kid/young teen in the 80s, with the first nintendo NES etc

This brings back a lot of old, wonderful feelings.

Amazing, genius job here Arenanet.

Us oldies who lived that era thank you for such a creative, heartfelt and fun april fools box of super adventure.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DonQ.4056

DonQ.4056

Kind of like ‘Inception’. It would be funny to see if there was another game inside the 8bit world. Further and further down the rabbit hole.

I agree, great idea to bring back the retro past!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

These events never seem to disappoint. Seriously, you’d think they’d get one wrong.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

These events never seem to disappoint. Seriously, you’d think they’d get one wrong.

They did get one wrong…the Karka event. At least a lot of people thought it was bad. But you know, one out of so many isn’t a bad track record…they learned from it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

They did get one wrong…the Karka event. At least a lot of people thought it was bad. But you know, one out of so many isn’t a bad track record…they learned from it.

Actually I think it would have been a lot better if the servers could actually handle the event, more so if the event wasn’t as long. I mean the game is really casual and then they have an event that is like a hardcore 5 hour raid session.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Ah, right. Completely forgot about that one (guess there was a reason for that lol).

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I like the event, and I also like the fact you can solo it!!!

My only issue with it is trying to farm for legendary AND 8 bit skins…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually I think it would have been a lot better if the servers could actually handle the event, more so if the event wasn’t as long. I mean the game is really casual and then they have an event that is like a hardcore 5 hour raid session.

Well that’s the point. They should have realized that if you make one zone where everyone has to log on, it would lag to hell, people would be disconnected and people would get kitten off. Hell it happened in Rift for their first big world event too. In fact, in Rift it was even worse, since some people were stuck in a queue waiting to get into the game even after the event was over.

It was just bad planning.

in Super Adventure Box

Cowrex.9564

I know what you mean.

I was actually a kid/young teen in the 80s, with the first nintendo NES etc

This brings back a lot of old, wonderful feelings.

Amazing, genius job here Arenanet.

Us oldies who lived that era thank you for such a creative, heartfelt and fun april fools box of super adventure.

I may not have lived during the 80s or 90s but when I was 5 years old( Around 2000), I played a lot of games during the 80s and 90s era. Instead of playing the PS1, I just bought Sega consoles and also some old PC games.

Anyways, I agree with you, I guess this doesn’t seem just like an April Fool’s joke to ArenaNet, maybe they want to show us something even more beneath the pixels That’s what I think anyways.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Seriously, I can’t take it anymore! The Super Adventure Box is just too much fun! Made me laugh (A lot!) to play a game inside a game! This is a very cool update ArenaNet, thanks for the laugh and fun! Pfft haha!

Its great fun! I have been gone for awhile, and logged on last night for the first time in awhile, due to “technical difficulties” and was met with the midi music, and started laughing, then it went to more enjoyment from there. I missed you GW2, and this event has made me laugh a lot too, and that is what a game is for…..fun!

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

in Super Adventure Box

Cowrex.9564

Its great fun! I have been gone for awhile, and logged on last night for the first time in awhile, due to “technical difficulties” and was met with the midi music, and started laughing, then it went to more enjoyment from there. I missed you GW2, and this event has made me laugh a lot too, and that is what a game is for…..fun!

Exactly!

Anyways, I really love the stunt Anet pulled! When I hear the 8-bit song in the main menu, I thought my Sound Card was broken only to find out it was actually the GW2 theme song in an 8-bit style

P.S. I’m not sure if it’s 8-bit or 16-bit…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

Kind of like ‘Inception’. It would be funny to see if there was another game inside the 8bit world. Further and further down the rabbit hole.

I agree, great idea to bring back the retro past!

Make the game within a game text-based.

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: BigMoser.8790

BigMoser.8790

OMG! This would be so freakin’ awesome!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

Yea it’s really fun. Even though it’s going to be a month long I can see them bringing it back each year. Hopefully with different skins or something. No really I want that POINTY STICK out in the real game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

OMG! This would be so freakin’ awesome!

You are likely to be eaten by a Grawl.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307