Jumping the Shark

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

(No, it does not mean literally taking control of your character to leap over water while a shark circles below in GW2)

First off, I personally dont think SAB is that bad to warrant the title’s moniker but others who may feel strongly about it probably do.

In case anyone doesnt know what Jumping the Shark is, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Nope. It’s an april fool’s joke. Appreciate it for what it is. A.net has a tradition of overdoing april fool’s and this is no exception.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Most certainly not jumping the shark. This is, perhaps, their greatest patch yet. I was disappointed with the Feb/Mar patches, but let me tell you just how great this little event has been for me.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Anyone who says this is jumping the shark has no clue what jumping the shark actually is.

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Dang it! Thought someone found a hidden room with a Happy Days theme.

I am disappoint.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Hardly – if anything, it goes to show how much members of ANet’s dev team are capable of given the restrictions in play. There’s clearly a lot of creativity at work even if you’re not keen on the content and a lot of community members have responded positively to it.

It’s not unbelievable that some aren’t keen on the SAB – no content is released without negative feedback. But this is the first time I can remember there being such a volume of positive praise on the forum. As an April Fool’s joke – a bit of a subversion of the norm – I’d consider it pretty successful. As a piece of content in the wider game, it’s worked on a level far beyond its novelty value alone.

Behold: Opinions!

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

Nah, this is nothing like ‘jumping the shark’.

Usually when a show ‘jumps the shark’, it involves the main characters doing something so ridiculous or outlandish that it just feels stupid.

Super Adventure Box is so far removed from the world of Guild Wars 2 that it constitutes more of a ‘it was all a dream’ episode, which can be as silly as they want since they don’t really affect the world of the television show outside of that one dream episode.

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I thought someone found a super shark…with lasers on its head….sad now.

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They always have done funny things for April Fools. Turning your characters into stick figures, gender reversals, making the characters tiny and the mini pets large are just a few of them. This is within that tradition and a very clever and well thought out way to give people a fun mini game for this month. If you don’t like it, then you don’t have to do it.

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Asura make their entire city float; no one bats an eyelash. Asura make talking, walking, fighting robots called golems, and no one cares. Asura have futuristic weapons that are borderline comical, but no one cares about that either. An Asura makes a video game, and everyone is running for their pitchforks.

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Not a chance. The buzz on the SAB on all the MMO sites is incredible. Anet hit this one out of the park.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I thought this was about that skill point thing where the shark would come up and stick on the rocks…

Jumping the Shark

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I thought this was about that skill point thing where the shark would come up and stick on the rocks…

Hehehehe. That SP was bugged for me for a while too. Kinda funny seeing a true Land Shark.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.