No pistol or rifle skins?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Karzender.6397

Karzender.6397

Guys, the baubles aren’t going to spoil if they sit in your bags for a couple of weeks. Farm them now, cash them in when something you like is released.

<— Plays an engi

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

You can use a shield, that’s an engineer weapon, and don’t go “oh I use p/p or rifle so that doesn’t count!” Because an axe/axe + rifle warrior would have no skins either, and the back pack IS an option.

Also, I said, that you see your weapons as much as your backpack, an if you see your backpack as little as you see your weapons why does it matter so much to have a skin you’ll hardly see?

didn’t say either of the things you mention.

You’re right about the shield, never said there were no engineer weapons. Just said that the last events engineers also got the short end of the deal in skins.
Not sure where you gather that I complained about not having anything for engineers.

As for the second remark: I hoped the 4 steps would make it clear, apparantly they didn’t.
Essence is: the backpack can NOT be a compensation for engineers (as was mentioned in the post I quoted), since they see it less than others.

Again you’re arguing besides my point.
I didn’t come out of nowhere saying: ‘Dam no weapons and I want those, but I don’t want the backpack since I can’t see that all the time.’
Somehow you seem to interpret my posts in that way.
I was replying and arguing in an ongoing conversation, read the other parts too please.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

We are a very small team. The more skins we made, the less stuff we could make in the Box. So we settled for a minimal set, with plans to add to it with each new World we release. I love Engies and I wish we could have served them and Thieves better this time around, but had to make some tough choices.

Thanks for being candid about it. You can make it up to us with some really great retro pieces when they do release. Also, focus.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You can use a shield, that’s an engineer weapon, and don’t go “oh I use p/p or rifle so that doesn’t count!” Because an axe/axe + rifle warrior would have no skins either, and the back pack IS an option.

Also, I said, that you see your weapons as much as your backpack, an if you see your backpack as little as you see your weapons why does it matter so much to have a skin you’ll hardly see?

You’re right about the shield, never said there were no engineer weapons. Just said that the last events engineers also got the short end of the deal in skins.
Not sure where you gather that I complained about not having anything for engineers.

As for the second remark: I hoped the 4 steps would make it clear, apparantly they didn’t.
Essence is: the backpack can NOT be a compensation for engineers (as was mentioned in the post I quoted), since they see it less than others.

I didn’t come out of nowhere saying: ‘Dam no weapons and I want those, but I don’t want the backpack since I can’t see that all the time.’
I was replying and arguing in an ongoing conversation, read the other parts too please.

Sorry, confused you and a few of the other Engis posting for the same person (on phone so I wasn’t reading the names as often as I should’ve) my bad lol.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Super Adventure Box

Kimbald.2697

Sorry, confused you and a few of the other Engis posting for the same person (on phone so I wasn’t reading the names as often as I should’ve) my bad lol.

No harm done of course, just a friendly discussion.
Personally I fall very easy for the trap of picking on one quote to reply to a whole ‘camp’ in a side.
It usually leads to generalising and people feeling misunderstood, or worse…

For the engineers wanting the skins, I hope they add pistol and rifle soon.
Well, for all professions using either of these weapons of course.

in Super Adventure Box

Kimbald.2697

I was one of the people screwed hardcore by this event. I use Dagger/Pistols on my thief. Hmmm I got screwed hardcore.

Can you please lube my kitten up before you fock me.

let’s all hope you don’t like the look of the skins than.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hexs.8015

Hexs.8015

As a thief main, I understand and appreciate the honesty. I really wish guild wars 2 all the success in the world…

And it is working guys… a friend of mine begged me to give gw2 a chance…
Now i managed to get 2 of my friends out of wow and into gw2 ;-)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nauyaro.4892

Nauyaro.4892

As a thief main, I understand and appreciate the honesty……

Lol.

/15char

Jovek – 80 Sylvari Guardian
[VLK] Valkyria Immortalis
Henge of Denravi

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Unless I misread what Josh said, they’ll add more skins as time goes on. So what’s the big issue?

None of the current skins really appeal to me anyway, so I’m just going to save baubles/bubbles until a skin comes out that I really like.

Pink glowy gun for my mesmer please. It would be perfect.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

So… You’re complaining you never see your backpack due to always having a kit equipped… But then say “we need a pistol/rifle!” Which you’ll see as often as the backpack…. Your logic baffles me sir…

step by step, shall we…

1. all classes can use the backpack skins

2. the engineer is the one class not seeing their backpack at times (when using a kit), making engineers the ones seeing the backpack the least

3. to make up for not having all their weapon skins, someone uses the argument: but hey, use the backpack. As if the backpack is some sort of cool engineer skin.

4. I say: this is no compensation at all, because engineers also see their backpack the least of all professions.

Your reply isn’t a reply to what I said. It’s a generalising remark mixing up different things said.

edit: not trying to be agressive here, just trying to answer your remark, which seems to be an assault on my logic

Pretty sure what he was getting at was the implication that a rifle/pistol would be visible more often on an engineer than the backpack. Kits replace held weapons as well as back items so really no matter what pack or weapon skin you use on an engineer you won’t be seeing them all that much anyways.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Honestly why didn’t you spend a bit more time on creating all weapon skins and release it later? You didn’t announce this, has very little to do with April fools and no one would mind if you released it later..

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

We are a very small team. The more skins we made, the less stuff we could make in the Box. So we settled for a minimal set, with plans to add to it with each new World we release. I love Engies and I wish we could have served them and Thieves better this time around, but had to make some tough choices.

This is good to hear. I don’t mind waiting a bit. Quality over quantity.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nauyaro.4892

Nauyaro.4892

Honestly why didn’t you spend a bit more time on creating all weapon skins and release it later? You didn’t announce this, has very little to do with April fools and no one would mind if you released it later..

I don’t mind there not being a hammer/pistol/rifle/dagger skin….yet (I’m a hammer guardian myself). But you do have a point I think.

Oh well. Done is done.

Jovek – 80 Sylvari Guardian
[VLK] Valkyria Immortalis
Henge of Denravi

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SSVAV.5862

SSVAV.5862

In another dev post it was said that world 2 wouldn’t get added this month, and “certainly not in the next month”. Does that mean that us Thieves and other classes that use daggers, pistols, rifles, maces etc won’t get a skin (which is awesome) until an “unspecified time”?

I think that is unfair. Can’t you develop these skins and release them when they are ready, instead of waiting for the next SAB release, which will be in 2+ months?

Cause you know, this isn’t the first time daggers and pistols (especially daggers) have been forgotten from weapon skin sets. And I’m kind of disappointed I won’t be able to spend those hard earned baubles this month. Without a guarantee I will ever be spending them.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

In another dev post it was said that world 2 wouldn’t get added this month, and “certainly not in the next month”. Does that mean that us Thieves and other classes that use daggers, pistols, rifles, maces etc won’t get a skin (which is awesome) until an “unspecified time”?

I think that is unfair. Can’t you develop these skins and release them when they are ready, instead of waiting for the next SAB release, which will be in 2+ months?

Cause you know, this isn’t the first time daggers and pistols (especially daggers) have been forgotten from weapon skin sets. And I’m kind of disappointed I won’t be able to spend those hard earned baubles this month. Without a guarantee I will ever be spending them.

Every profession can use at least one skin. Just because it’s not your “favorite” skin, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

i think the issue is the order (if there is one ) they prioritise making skins

for example from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapons we can see that the most used 2h weapons are GS and staff both are in (4 proffesions each), but then each other 2h weapon is only usable by 2 professions, which means until they open weapons to more professions these should be prioritised based on a variety of other factors including what other weapons are included, what has been excluded from recent content etc.

for OH weps you have focus usable by 4 profession and all others 3

for 1h weps sword =5 dagger = 4 and scepter = 4 with the others at 3 or less

so thats 6 skins covering the following classes

guardian 6
warior 2
elementalist 4
mesmer 6
necromancer 4
theif 2
ranger 2
engineer 0

that’s using weapons usable to the most classes if we swap scepter and focus (- 2 guar mes ele necro) as the classes that use them have the most skins atm for
pistol
1 engi1 mes+1 theif
longbow
+1 war +1 ranger

with one skin remaining to bump up ele necro and engi, since they all share no wepons we have t we have to focus on ele + necro since they both share 2 weps we can add back scepter or focus to get

guardian 5
warior 3
elementalist 3
mesmer 6
necromancer 3
theif 3
ranger 3
engineer 1

so every profession bar engineers (change to pistol) and warriors (lose shield )get at least one extra skin.

so we would gain
dagger
pistol

instead of
Shortbow
shield

So they got it mostly right, and obviously this doesn’t account for things like they were already designing the shield for the logo and short bow is essentially a scaled down version of longbow it probably takes minimal additional effort and gives +1 to ranger and thief, issues like this are fixed as soon as they open weapons up to more proffesions

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I’ve always been somewhat disappointed at the lack of skins for the engineer. Pistol is understandable I suppose (despite being my favorite), but rifle? A lot of people use rifles.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

This.

This is what I wanted: acknowledgement

Now they know there is a problem with the lack of Engineer Weapon Skins, they can now fix it.

If they plan to add more stuff in the future it would be awesome to see NES-zappers or NES-themed rifles…

Anyone remember Captain N the Game Master?

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

I feel discriminated as a Engineer player. This is not the first time the Engineeris treated as that. As a player, I feel disgusted. And it’s not only the one problem. Same thing is for Medium armors, legendary Rifle and Pistol. Sometimes, wondering why you even created Engineer.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jeffy The Bear.1560

Jeffy The Bear.1560

or NES-themed rifles…

How about SNES?

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Given that we can expect more skins to come out down the line, I’d say this just gives us more time to collect the bauble baubles needed. Not that my thief or engineer would ICly use -any- of the skins. I’m hopeful the daggers will look cool enough to suit my necromancer. Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy the content and not worry about buying any goodies until either more are out to choose from or we get a heads up that the vendor’s going away.

ANet -will- warn us of that? Right? (I’d assumed it was only during April but if they are keeping the content growing over months, maybe not).

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Cant wait for the next installments great job, my Engi and Thief will wait.

Thanks for the heads up on more content incoming.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

or NES-themed rifles…

How about SNES?

I still have that one too!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Wow, people really play this for the loot? That’s slightly mind-numbing. It’s … it’s kind of joke content…?

I don’t understand humanity anymore

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

Master System pistol plz!

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Can we please get a torch skin as well?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

So you guys are adding more weapons along with the new worlds? Am I reading that right? I want to know cause I don’t want to spend my bauble bubbles on other weapons if I can get one of the ones that I would prioritize.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Guys, the baubles aren’t going to spoil if they sit in your bags for a couple of weeks. Farm them now, cash them in when something you like is released.

<— Plays an engi

I don’t think you understand. Nothing new is getting released for at /least/ multiple months. They’ve already said that nothing new is coming for the SAB this or next month for sure. The SAB will also be gone after this month.

They may never even work on this again for all we know. The lead developer for it says it’ll all come down to the reception and how much people like it on whether or not more work time is allocated for it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

They may never even work on this again for all we know. The lead developer for it says it’ll all come down to the reception and how much people like it on whether or not more work time is allocated for it.

While very true, judging by its reception with a very large people overjoyed and loving it, it wouldn’t be far-fetched to expect them to continue work.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

You know what would be great for a pistol skin?
If it was Mega Mans Mega Buster lol

And where is the level that gives props to Rock Man? Talk about being left out? lol

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

It would have to be a glove. =)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

And where is the level that gives props to Rock Man? Talk about being left out? lol

I’d cry in amazement if I could use Megaman’s blaster as a pistol O_o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

It would have to be a glove. =)

It would have to cover the players hand yes, but with some clever uses of clipping that could happen since all characters that use pistols have an animation where their hand and pistol are aligned and straight(when firing).

I think it would work and more importantly would be awesome

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Josh Foreman

Previous

Josh Foreman

Environment Design Specialist

So you guys are adding more weapons along with the new worlds? Am I reading that right? I want to know cause I don’t want to spend my bauble bubbles on other weapons if I can get one of the ones that I would prioritize.

I’m not going to make ANY promises. Developing a AAA MMO with a constant stream of free content is new territory. There are no guarantees. But I can say that it is fully my INTENTION to release new worlds and weapon skins. Our team is part of Living World now, so we will be developing more content. I simply can’t make any promises about what it will be because we have to make decisions that are best for GW2 as a whole.

Personally, Engineer is my favorite class, both in looks and to play. Believe me, I wasn’t happy that I can’t deck out my Engie with SAB gear. And I fully intend to rectify that with the next SAB release. As for WHEN that release will be… see the above paragraph.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I really really appreaciate your works Josh (and the team on SAB too).
Thanks for being so honest and upfront about everything too!

I think my favorite skin is the shield and hey, engies can use that! I understand tons of people don’t use it, but me, personally, will try to get two just so I can use one on a Engi I’ll make. He’ll be a great enthusiast of Moto’s work =D

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: lightsheep.8673

lightsheep.8673

I dont think people should be complaining about the content for SAB. It is truly awesome. I think the complaints of favoritism toward certain classes are well warranted. Pistols were completely skipped in the Halloween content. Whomever makes the decisions about content have always put the pistol and rifle on the lower tier of the totem pole. Great sword is ALWAYS in EVERYTHING. I think people are suggesting that mabey there should be some excitement generated for the not so popular classes in the game instead of it always being Warrior, Guardian etc. As an Engineer, I love playing the class even though we have major balance issues, it’s still a blast to play. May be in future content releases the pistol, rifle, dagger(etc more neglected weapons) should be put ahead of the numerous Great sword skins out there already. Anyway awesome job on the SAB Josh! Glad there is a dev who plays Engy out there!

@Fairymore – On a side note as an asura – Mega man blaster = totally make up for omission in this patch

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not going to make ANY promises. Developing a AAA MMO with a constant stream of free content is new territory. There are no guarantees. But I can say that it is fully my INTENTION to release new worlds and weapon skins. Our team is part of Living World now, so we will be developing more content. I simply can’t make any promises about what it will be because we have to make decisions that are best for GW2 as a whole.

Understanding that no promises can be made, can you at least say how likely it is at this time that any new skins would use the bauble bauble currency, and will the current skins remain available later? I’m happy to hold onto my currency for a long time if I’ll get a fuller choice later, but would mope a great deal if it became useless because I didn’t spend it on the current crop of skins.

in Super Adventure Box

Soulstar.7812

Personally, Engineer is my favorite class, both in looks and to play. Believe me, I wasn’t happy that I can’t deck out my Engie with SAB gear. And I fully intend to rectify that with the next SAB release. As for WHEN that release will be… see the above paragraph.

You know Mr. Foreman, if you were really sorry about not having anything for engineers, and you are sure that there will be no added rifles or pistols in the immediate future….

You give engineers a chance to unlock the Fused rifle and pistol with bubles..

I mean that could be a start.

or give us an entire update dedicated to engineers, rifles and pistols. I am very sure players can live without one new great-sword skin.

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just an idea, but for the rifle skin, you need to make a Megaman/Contra-style “Pea Shooter” with similar projectils! xD (Just borrow the Predator’s code…)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Thanks for sharing. SAB is really fun and i hope to get a pistol skin to remember it by. Please take your time and design an awesome skin for us.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

Just a small reference considering Moto should stand for Miyamoto (and I’d honestly go crazy if I actually had a blaster, it might also work for rifle considering the usual animation in the original serie, as she holds the arm for recoil and aim, plus having 2 blasters would be kinda overkill lol)

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

Just a small reference considering Moto should stand for Miyamoto (and I’d honestly go crazy if I actually had a blaster, it might also work for rifle considering the usual animation in the original serie, as she holds the arm for recoil and aim, plus having 2 blasters would be kinda overkill lol)

Miyamoto didn’t work on Metroid.

I want a Zapper pistol that makes that same annoying spring “PTANG” noise every time you fire it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I want a Zapper pistol that makes that same annoying spring “PTANG” noise every time you fire it.

Bahaha I forgot about the PTANG it made when you pulled the trigger. And it echoed in your hand.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Super Adventure Box

Soulstar.7812

Funny, why do I feel this will never be resolved?

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Relic.7148

Relic.7148

I think you’re trying way too hard Soulstar

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Just an idea, but for the rifle skin, you need to make a Megaman/Contra-style “Pea Shooter” with similar projectils! xD (Just borrow the Predator’s code…)

NES Zapper inspired pistol skin, with the Mega Man normal shot sound, I like it.

Know what I want for future levels? E tanks.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Super Adventure Box

Soulstar.7812

I think you’re trying way too hard Soulstar

I hope so.

Being subtle gets you kitten from these anet devs.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

At least for now my Asura Engie can make use of the backpack skin.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

I for one am hoping for something in the style of a toy ray-gun for pistol.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

What I believe he means is that the next time the super adventure box goes up after being down for maintenence we’ll have a skin for every weapon as they did not have the manpower to do it the first time around.