SAB: Ok what kind of game is this?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vlawde.1895

Vlawde.1895

Oh no! Having fun and silliness? Games are serious business! No fun allowed!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Timothy.7204

Timothy.7204

I agree with the original post also. We don’t need this in the game.

How about spending the time improving the boss fights and make things more random, instead of so scripted. Apparently that isn’t important.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I’ll answer your question. This is the best mmorpg where you see the minority (whiners on the forums) being unhappy while the majority are enjoying the game.

Guess that makes you a fan boy?……
Expressing an opinion in the forums is not whining.

Expressing an opinion about a game developer confirming this is a game and not a world is, indeed, whining.

I did not say anything about any game developer.

Uh, yeah you did:

“They created a beautiful fantasy world,and then they’ve done everything
they could to make you remember in every step you take,that this is a game
and not a world.”

What part of this comment do you find hard to understand?
In other words it says that the world if full of stuff that break the immersion.
It is about the world.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

There are hours upon hours of content that sticks to the original aesthetic and feel of the game. When you add in content, it doesn’t detract from the original content. If this content isn’t up your alley, then don’t play it.

I like that ANet is doing something fresh and different.

Also, please don’t be ageist. Age does not necessitate a person’s interests.

Not doing it does not solve anything. Simply seeing other people with this sort of stuff ruins the atmosphere of the game. I can not participate in that stuff from now til the game shuts down, but someone running by with an 8 bit skin or a goofy backpack ruins the feel of the world. You can’t simply not do the content or ignore the items. How would you feel if, in the next Hobbit movie, one of the dwarves was just an 8 bit cartoon? Would you just not look at him and it would be ok?

I’m all for funny stuff and minigames and holiday events, but let’s keep them consistent with the world we are in!

It was an Asuran invention. Done.

You could use that excuse to put anything in the game. Why not just say a wizard did it?

Doesn’t make it any less consistent. Asides, the only thing we’ll see out of it are new skins, and with that said we still have people walking around with candy canes and toy rifles. I think that’s more “immersion breaking” than this (not that it is).

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Get a new game, seriously.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: FurySong.6348

FurySong.6348

I literally saw no one kitten about those things “breaking immersion” and yet here we are having this thread simply because ArenaNet made something retro and cute that doesn’t fit into the style of the existing content. So what?

Yes, Immersion is important. But you don’t have to have it to enjoy this game all the time. They’ve done things like this before, and if you don’t like it, get a new game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Well, for some, I will just say, some day they may do something that you get concerned about. I hope you post it. And, I hope that you get the usual pile of people telling you to not let the door hit you on the way out while doing the usual ad-hominem attacks

Karma.. its not just a game currency.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Well, for some, I will just say, some day they may do something that you get concerned about. I hope you post it. And, I hope that you get the usual pile of people telling you to not let the door hit you on the way out while doing the usual ad-hominem attacks

Karma.. its not just a game currency.

Give it a few months, they will be begging on other forums for people to come play.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

At this point, I’d be happy if they introduced Paris Hilton, Vanilla Ice, Hulk Hogan and Mr. T if it came with interesting skins that I can actually obtain. So I’m OK with this (until they nerf bauble drop rates or something).

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

There are hours upon hours of content that sticks to the original aesthetic and feel of the game. When you add in content, it doesn’t detract from the original content. If this content isn’t up your alley, then don’t play it.

Not doing it does not solve anything. Simply seeing other people with this sort of stuff ruins the atmosphere of the game. I can not participate in that stuff from now til the game shuts down, but someone running by with an 8 bit skin or a goofy backpack ruins the feel of the world. You can’t simply not do the content or ignore the items. How would you feel if, in the next Hobbit movie, one of the dwarves was just an 8 bit cartoon? Would you just not look at him and it would be ok?

I’m all for funny stuff and minigames and holiday events, but let’s keep them consistent with the world we are in!

You could use that excuse to put anything in the game. Why not just say a wizard did it?

yeh he could. so?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s April 1st.

If you don’t want a sense of humour, fine, but you’re missing out.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Next year by april first this game will be doomed. My calculations can’t be wrong

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

When did people in their 30s start being so uptight about ‘kids’ games? I know late teens early twenties people get upset about being associated with ‘kids’ but I thought by your 30s you had outgrown that. Live and learn I guess.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

When did people in their 30s start being so uptight about ‘kids’ games? I know late teens early twenties people get upset about being associated with ‘kids’ but I thought by your 30s you had outgrown that. Live and learn I guess.

I was wondering this too! I don’t know what it’s like to be a 30-something, but man, they are lording their ages over us big time!

If you sell yourself short on some fun because of your age, gosh, that must be so lame! Take the wisdom of age with you, but always keep the wanderlust and open heart of youth with you too! 30’s is SO not old!

“All is Vain…”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

It’s just a joke dude, an April Fools joke-spirited event. It will be gone soon enough.

It’s all celebratory, no need to get all grumpy because of it. I love that ANet likes to celebrate the holidays with the players too. Loosen up and give it a try, no reason to get all bent out of shape dude, sheesh.

Actually the devs have reminded me of older better games in terms of design and “balance”. Off to play them on my Android phone. Have fun beating more monkeys.

I will!

in Super Adventure Box

Heijincks.9267

This is exactly why GW2 is doomed. People have to voice positive things about the game or they will be told to behave differently or leave.

Beating dead horses isn’t criticism. It’s beating dead horses. I don’t see many civil critic posts getting deleted.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

It sounds like someone needs a tiQQue, come on, give it rest, this isn’t permanent content, Anet was deciding to put out some sort of content for April fools as a simple stupid joke, and yet, if you are going to complain about it, then i feel sad for you, this is by far one of their best events they have and its far better then their lost shores patch, if you don’t like it, then don’t play it, simple as that.

They even did stuff like this in gw1, so I dont know what the commotion is about, it was honestly getting quite boring in the open world, and something as stupid as this honestly, makes the game 10x more fun. Not to mention you were turned into stick people in April 1st at 2008, in gw1

Attachments:

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

(edited by sweatycool.9624)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Heaven forbid a company with a tradition of lighthearted fun on April Fool’s Day continue that tradition. April Fools pranks are as much a part of Guild Wars as Charr, Wintersday, dragons, or different builds. The majority of the GW1 community loved them, and by the look of the responses this one is getting, they’re not going anywhere.

Im not saying i dont like it, its fun, however …

snip

…im done with the game…

Have any of you ever wondered what grumpy old men look like before they grow old? I present exhibit A.

A game that’s fun? What is this blasphemy?!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Heaven forbid a company with a tradition of lighthearted fun on April Fool’s Day continue that tradition. April Fools pranks are as much a part of Guild Wars as Charr, Wintersday, dragons, or different builds. The majority of the GW1 community loved them, and by the look of the responses this one is getting, they’re not going anywhere.

Im not saying i dont like it, its fun, however …

snip

…im done with the game…

Have any of you ever wondered what grumpy old men look like before they grow old? I present exhibit A.

A game that’s fun? What is this blasphemy?!

GW2 Core is fun. Super Adventure Box is not, imho. Maybe works differently for people who will turn into cheerful old women according to you.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Super Adventure Box

Nar.8327

GW2 Core is fun. Super Adventure Box is not, imho. Maybe works differently for people who will turn into cheerful old women according to you.

Then don’t do it. What exactly are you missing out on by not doing it?

And my point was that if you’re playing a game for any purpose other than for enjoying it, you might as well try to weld with a toothpick. Games are designed for fun. If you expect them to be something else, expect to be disappointed.

(edited by Nar.8327)

in Super Adventure Box

Khal Drogo.9631

Nothing at all, but I dont insult ppl who enjoy Super Adventure Box over GW2 core either.

in Super Adventure Box

Nar.8327

Nothing at all, but I dont insult ppl who enjoy Super Adventure Box over GW2 core either.

I don’t insult people who prefer GW2 core over Super Adventure Box. I offer a simple, frank reminder that people enjoy the game in different ways, and that just because you don’t enjoy something doesn’t give you the right to demand it be taken away from everyone else – which seems to be the entire purpose behind this thread.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I still have a Sega Master System. It still works. I could play it at any time. But I don’t, because I’d rather play games like GW2.

If anything this didn’t take the joke far enough. They should have rendered our characters with the old style graphics as well. And they should have limited character movement to simulate using an old Nintendo or Sega game pad. I feel the old style graphics and new didn’t mesh particularly well. At first I was like most people in this thread – “Ah, cool!” – but that wore off quickly as I actually played through the thing with a PUG. I went in a second time, solo. The charm was pretty much entirely gone. Still, I’ll probably give it another go today. At least – at least! – this was something I could do without jumping through fifty million flaming hula hoops (after dipping them in strawberry daiquiri mix and writing ‘antidisestablishmentarianism’ on each one in hieroglyphics with a dull sharpie) and for which I didn’t need a small party of at least 1000 members for maximum fun.

Now, how about some mounts? Nobody who likes the box is allowed to protest!

The table is a fable.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Braindrops.6428

Braindrops.6428

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s April 1st.

Apply this also to:

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s Halloween.

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s Wintersday.

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s Springbreak.

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s just a quaggan backpack.

Don’t be boring people.

Get a sense of humour it’s just a bow that fires my little pony with a mark on his back.

And i can go on if u ask me.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Asuran technology is magically inclined. Technically, you could say a wizard did it. Tyria is an extemely flexible setting.

Super Adventure Box is the personal project of one asura. Much like Gixx’s inventions and toys, the SAB is designed primarily for asura progeny (and the adults of the bookah races). The moment you step into the box itself, you enter into a virtual reality generator that presents you with an interactive world and gives you the tools with which to deal with that world. For those who enjoy the experience several souvenirs are available. All profits go to Moto.

It’s perfectly plausible within the lore. If it breaks your immersion… well, then you weren’t immersed in Tyria, but your own wishful imaginings of some generic medieval setting.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The joke part comes May 1st when all the super weapon skins and 8-bit minis disappear until next April.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

The joke part comes May 1st when all the super weapon skins and 8-bit minis disappear until next April.

Terribly cruel joke, bro.

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Tbh i dont like this too (i dont hate JP, but i dont like how much they work on those meaningless stuffs…), i would be more happy if anet putted those resources and time into some real content i feel like they are wasting potential of great game.
This game have the best looking armor and weapons ive ever seen, also the world is really beatiful and now we have 1 looong 8-bit looking dungeron/JP which is gonna have 2 more worlds thats crazy big which is good on one side but bad in therms that anet probably didnt worked on anything else that much which means we dont see much else in next months. Jumping puzzle dungeon?…..thats pretty lame how about something normal for once?

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

in Super Adventure Box

Khal Drogo.9631

Get a sense of humour it’s just a bow that fires my little pony with a mark on his back.

And i can go on if u ask me.

I wonder if ANet messed with the other legendaries by giving it the my little pink pony treatment, the fanbois would say “Get a sense of humor”.

Well if its only for April’s Fool Day, I would be cool with it; others may threaten to DDOS Anet’s servers etc.

As for the old chestnut about free content, there is this revolutionary new idea called paid extra content aka DLCs in other games. U like the DLC u pay for them and etc. I bought $10 of gems for the fractals when I didnt really have to for the fractals and that was before the Kittening DC issue was resolved.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

in Super Adventure Box

Flamenco.3894

It’s reasonable for a community to speculate based on their experiences in the game if ANet does not release any hard data.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Snowy.9580

Snowy.9580

I’ll answer your question. This is the best mmorpg where you see the minority (whiners on the forums) being unhappy while the majority are enjoying the game.

And kittens on forums telling us about it?

We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be.
We’ve been awake since March 2007! Please help!
“GW2 the game with more rolls than roles!”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

snip

Give it a few months, they will be begging on other forums for people to come play.

I actually like when you say stuff like that. It marks you for who and what you are. A person who doesn’t like the game and has nothing better to do than hang around the forums telling people what a lousy game it is. Your entire post history is like this.

People who have nothing better to do than put down a game other people quite clearly enjoy are present on every game forum (if moderators allow it).

That’s the one problem with GW 2 not having a subscription. People who don’t like the game and in theory have moved on will continue their streak of negativity.

Actually I do like the game, not in it’s current state, but it can be an amazing game. But I guess that doesn’t count when you generalize about others who you know nothing about.

I express my concerns, just because I don’t spam my white-knight fanboyism doesn’t mean I hate the game, quite the opposite. I didn’t stay subbed to WoW so I could complain about Cataclysm, I simply had enough and left the game. Take a good hard look at this sub form category and remind me why you are here.

Hold on a second. I’ve NEVER liked a game, even potentially and then said that in a few months time people would be on other game forums begging for players. That’s not supporting a game. That’s not constructive. That’s nothing but being offensive. There is simply no way you can justify saying stuff like that.

So you’re tired of fan boys on a game forum for a specific game. Well fan bois are tired of people who have nothing constructive to say and would rather insult. Or people who make stuff up without any evidence whatsoever. The fact is, and this is a fact, you no more whether the cash shop affects DR than I do. You have a theory which you express as fact. Is that really helpful to the game you “supposedly” like or see potential in. No. It’s a discouragement to people.

Most forum posters are lurkers. I’m not a blind fanboy. But I’ll stand up against hyperbole and half-truths and made up stuff wherever I see them. I’ve done this on other forums in the past, even for games I don’t like.

If you like a game, you don’t berate it constantly. You say what you feel can be improved and move on. This is NOT what you do.

That first bit, I have no idea what you are even going on about…

Secondly, Facts, start linking them if you have them.

I’ll say the same to you. When you start talking facts, I’ll start talking facts. All you have is a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory about the reason for DR. Where are your facts, Sir?

So you have no facts, clearly, so instead you will just argue with my opinion?

Since ANet will never make a statement such as “We added DR’s to screw players out of coin so they would still use money to buy gems”. I don’t think I’ll have a link for you. However you had said that it is Arenanet’ “policy” surely these facts exist, right, no? Just making things up because anti-farm code was added post launch? Seems like a policy from gw1 would have been implemented before launch, especially since they are so anti-farm/grind, right?

So let me get this straight, Arenanet adds Legendary weapons, they take tons of materials to make gifts, some materials can only looted in certain areas of the game, yet they are anti-farm.. How does one achieve this by never farming?

Please explain, or link facts, obviously you have them.

I linked the Skeletons of Dhuum article from the Guild Wars 1 wiki in another post. Here it is again, in case you missed it. This specifically talks about an upgrade made to Guild Wars 1 that was made to prevent farming, specifically solo-farming and speed clearing. They had no greed reasons to make that policy in Guild Wars 1, so why did they? Here’s the link again..relevant info is in the notes at the bottom:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Skeleton_of_Dhuum

I’m not farming for my legendary weapon. I’m getting it by playing the game. I’ve never sold a single gem. I simply play. See, I see getting a legendary as a long term goal. I don’t see spending zillions of dollars cash to get stuff for one, because there’s no reason for me to. I’ll get it when I get it.

I play the game, I get stuff. Money, badges of honor, dungeon tokens…whatever. Some people want to have everything now, I’m not one of them. Right now I’m about 80% of the way to my first legendary and I plan to get at least two.

I didn’t farm once. Not one single time. I don’t even run jumping puzzles in WvW for badges. I just play the game.

It really is possible that people do this.

(edited by Moderator)

in Super Adventure Box

Flamenco.3894

You assume that everyone takes every statement here without a grain for salt so you feel the need to ‘balance’ out a statement you find unreasonable.

You clearly demand of people to change the way they reply as in you condemn the people who reply in the way you find unreasonable. Let me quote you on this:

I actually like when you say stuff like that. It marks you for who and what you are. A person who doesn’t like the game and has nothing better to do than hang around the forums telling people what a lousy game it is. Your entire post history is like this.

(edited by Moderator)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You can never please everyone.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

I agree 8-bit stuff has to go after one month, along with all the weapons and pets. It goes against everything GW2 represent aesthetically. It might be fun now but people have to remember it’s all just a joke and it should stay that way.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree 8-bit stuff has to go after one month, along with all the weapons and pets. It goes against everything GW2 represent aesthetically. It might be fun now but people have to remember it’s all just a joke and it should stay that way.

The weapon skins won’t go after a month, because people will want to keep them. Is it really so much worse than the candy cane weapons or the banana scythe they had in Guild Wars 1?

in Super Adventure Box

Flamenco.3894

I realize that one got to talk with full confidence about one’s point to make a strong case. What I am saying is that you are occasionally using contempt doing it and not so much the fair reasoning you endorse and seek from people, which is ironic.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lol, enjoy being in the minority. It seems that most people love it. Now stop trying to ruin our fun.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I have to fully agree with the OP. I don’t get the point behind all this. Not my style at all, I am not a kid anymore and I don’t wish to play Nintendo or Mario or whatever all these games are called. This is not GW…what’s going on?

It definitely feels like you weren’t old enough to appreciate these games when you were young.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

My issue is how much resources they have spent for this (hours of content which has pretty much nothing to do with GW2).
Arcade-style arena would have been faster to create and expand, while still delivering the same message.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

GW1 had lore-breaking events too – how does a commando fit into the lore there? Don’t be such a grump. It won’t be there forever. Ignore it if you wish, while the rest of us have fun with it.

most modern fantasy MMO’s have this. WoW does it, Rift does it, i’m sure when elder scrolls online comes out it will do this too..

anyway, OP if you’re so into your fantasy, you can still always grab a few friends and play some dungeons and dragons.

or you can LARP…

thugged out since cubscouts

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Doesn’t make it any less consistent. Asides, the only thing we’ll see out of it are new skins, and with that said we still have people walking around with candy canes and toy rifles. I think that’s more “immersion breaking” than this (not that it is).

That’s exactly my point. Toy skins are a subset of the stuff that doesn’t feel like it fits into a game like this. It’s impossible to list everything.

Asuran technology is magically inclined. Technically, you could say a wizard did it. Tyria is an extemely flexible setting.

Super Adventure Box is the personal project of one asura. Much like Gixx’s inventions and toys, the SAB is designed primarily for asura progeny (and the adults of the bookah races). The moment you step into the box itself, you enter into a virtual reality generator that presents you with an interactive world and gives you the tools with which to deal with that world. For those who enjoy the experience several souvenirs are available. All profits go to Moto.

It’s perfectly plausible within the lore. If it breaks your immersion… well, then you weren’t immersed in Tyria, but your own wishful imaginings of some generic medieval setting.

I think you are misunderstanding my original point. I completely agree with your post here, hence the reason for my lament that Tyria sounds more and more like a world that is not meant for me. I logged in to seriously play for the first time in a month, and didn’t find much more reason to keep coming back. It really seems like this is not the MMO I am looking for.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

My issue is how much resources they have spent for this (hours of content which has pretty much nothing to do with GW2).
Arcade-style arena would have been faster to create and expand, while still delivering the same message.

This could be the beginning of a new Living Story chapter. This new dungeon is all the rage, as people of all walks of life from all over Tyria drop whatever they are doing to make the pilgrimage to Rata Sum to partake of its 8-bit wonder. And they are staying in Rata Sum – in droves! Local merchants, at first ecstatic, are scrambling to keep their shelves stocked. Supply caravans can’t arrive fast enough, and once they do arrive, all the personnel involved succumb to the lure of the Super Adventure Box.

Then, a second facility might open, say, in Hoelbrak. Then another in the Grove.

Alas! Soon, nothing at all is getting done in the ‘Real World’. Crops are failing. Outposts are being lost – without resistance or hope of reclamation! What evil gods and dragons have failed to achieve is being accomplished readily by a mere game! All may soon be lost!

Or, it would be, if not for a handful of intrepid and grumpy individuals, who, separately or in small groups, seek out the source of…

The Game that Shouted CONTINUE at the Heart of the World!

The table is a fable.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

By the way the percentage of the population who farms is 100%.

Not enough paper in the world available to print out the giant kitten “citation needed” sign this deserves.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

OP makes me laugh.

A “fantasy” world full of grenades, missles, lasers, torpedoes, robots, machine guns, flamethrowers, power suits… but a technomagically advanced race using VR for education just ruins it all huh?

If you play for immersion, youre not very good at it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Stop being so grumpy, it’s a bit of harmless fun!

If you really don’t enjoy it do not take part in it, avoid Rata Sum, do not open the mysterious boxes!

A BIT of harmless fun?!

Those events are HALF of what ANet released from launch!!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It was always a magitek world, not a fantasy one.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Aside from whether you like GW2 or not, the truth is that it’s a rather odd mix of things thrown together.

People can enjoy it, but I can’t connect to this world. It’s probably because it’s just a few steps too far away from what I enjoy. Fantasy or not, a world has to make sense, even by its own rules. Sometimes the sense or logic behind it doesn’t jive with your own.

It’s the first fantasy game I ever played in any case where there is a great evil threatening the world’s very existence and that it’s just a sideshow to the main event which is doing funny/silly activities. That’s just odd to me, but hey, to each their own.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Super Adventure Box

Heijincks.9267

That’s exactly my point. Toy skins are a subset of the stuff that doesn’t feel like it fits into a game like this. It’s impossible to list everything.

Then what’s Tyria as you envision? Certainly it isn’t a medieval fantasy.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I’d just like to address numerous things. First off, I’m not “ kitten derp my little ponies and magical gumdrops,” I love the lore and storyline (although it has some serious writing issues) and immersion, I have since GW1. I dig grimdark. I’m also not a fanboy, I’ve had my issues with the game and you can check my post history about that. However.

then back packs and hoodies came out in the store…..really ?

Just because people in earth’s history didn’t start digging hoodies and plush backpacks until after the industrial revolution doesn’t mean the order of fashion would play out the same in Tyria. Earth history fantasy is just a subset of Fantasy as a whole. This stuff is still completely within the realm of fantasy.

There already ARE motorized vehicles in the game, just look at the war engines that the charr have. Fantasy just means magic. It doesn’t mean everything has to be identical to Middle Earth.

This. People really need to stop trying to apply Earth’s history to this game. Just because some races use old (to us) techology does not put this game in a Medieval setting. Stop it. You’re all coming across as though you have absolutely no imagination. This IS a world with Asura and insane Asuran technology, it has been since Guild Wars 1, and you need to accept that and the fact that they do crazy things with their technology, like making their own video games. Which makes sense. You would want a form of escapism in a world with Elder Dragons.
And if your sense of immersion is so fragile and flimsy that vaguely modern fashion (animal backpacks and hoodies) in a world with golems and helicopters breaks it, then I feel sincerely sorry for you.

Of course, it seems that freedom of speech is not welcome here on these forums. Myself (and others) voiced our concerns about similar things in another thread and they all got deleted. Of course those that supported the content didn’t get deleted. Talk about abuse of authority. Apologies for actually voicing a rational opinion and critiquing your work Anet, instead of being, what’s the term… a ‘fanboy’. If one is unable to accept criticism, perhaps these forums shouldn’t exist?

Very disappointing. Not so much with the content, but more so with their reaction to users concerns.

Freedom of speech, huh?
“The right, guaranteed by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, to express beliefs and ideas without unwarranted government restriction.

I don’t see the U.S. Government coming in here and telling you to shut up. Anet, meanwhile, is totally free to delete any thread for any reason at any time with no explanation. You’re totally free to exercise your freedom of speech. But there can be consequences to that expression, such as other users voicing their own opinions against yours, or mods disagreeing with you or seeing your posts as inflammatory or unnecessary and deleting them.

I agree with the original post also. We don’t need this in the game.

How about spending the time improving the boss fights and make things more random, instead of so scripted. Apparently that isn’t important.

I hate to repeat myself over and over on the forums. Really. But a very small team handled this, and Anet has many, many people and many different teams. The bug fix guys were still fixing bugs while this was being made. The balance guys were still balancing classes (or trying to). The texture mapping is so simple it would have probably only taken one texture map artist a very short time to make them. The environment is ridiculously simple and would have also taken one guy a very short amount of time. The AI and programming are simple. Making this dungeon would have been absolutely nothing to a tiny team used to dealing with a game as complex as GW2, and other teams were still working on the main game. I can’t fathom why people don’t understand this. They would not have had all of Arenanet in there working on this ridiculously simple April Fools’ dungeon. Stating “they should have been working on other things!” is no reason to hate on this dungeon, because it’s a moot point. They were working on other things.

I don’t insult people who prefer GW2 core over Super Adventure Box. I offer a simple, frank reminder that people enjoy the game in different ways, and that just because you don’t enjoy something doesn’t give you the right to demand it be taken away from everyone else – which seems to be the entire purpose behind this thread.

Bolded for truth.

(edited by Egon Vidar.9125)