in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I’d love to see more levels!

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

You need to wait till boss stops, start jump kicking and you can skip the rabbits, just kill him before carrots appears.

Hahaa it was tough! Time for rytlock mode!?

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Let me just start by saying this is the absolute greatest thing I’ve seen (since SAB released, lol) in regards to making me nostalgic. Huge, huuuge props to everyone involved in this.

My quick question before I get back to playing it, do you think you might be able to provide a downloadable version so we could play it offline & separately from a web browser? I don’t mean to sound too greedy since this is already a fantastic gift to the community, but I think having a downloadable version would be really great to have around.

Anywho, thank you so much for taking the time to make this and allowing us all to play. I’ll be sure to grab a buncha gems once I head back into GW2.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

How did you defeat the big rabbit?! I can’t get past the first round of carrots.

Potions.

I was able to actually kill him before he even spewed out the green stuff. I just pretty much just kept jumping up and repeatedly hitting him while ignoring the bunnies.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Animated Rytlock ~

(preview can’t deal with it)

Attachments:

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

I suddenly feel the desire to play Altered Beast for the Genesis.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Just defeated the giant rabbit. Think I’ll stop there.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

ArenaNet, I wanna have your 8-bit babies! This game is so 80’s hard, and I lurve it!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: KatjaLiirHra.1765

KatjaLiirHra.1765

So uh. Question to any devs/admins looking at this thread? Will there ever be a downloadable version of Critter Rampage? c: Or will it just be available forever?

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

Woot! I found all the treasures!

However some information.

You can have the maximum of 3 potions.
Not sure what the max is for baubles.

Basically the boss is a boss rush EQ method. Its possible to dodge the carrots by jumping backwards then forward the same time. As for the rabbits, once they are hit they go the opposite direction so its easy to hit them twice. Now as for the cabbage x4 spew that was tricky but possible, start from farthest one then go back and forward 4 times, basically you are running away the moving forward slowly.

Bug: Yes I found one, if you grab the treasure chest and try to run out too quickly, you will get stuck in the door in the boss room.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I can’t stand the controls. My brain is hard wired to move with the left hand, and attack/jump with the right hand. That’s 26 years of conditioning to try and undo. Not going to happen.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

Wonderful game, thanks a bunch Delly Sartika!

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Any chance of re-binding the move and action keys to be something sensible? I’d love W-A-S-D (movement), Shift-/ for jump-attack

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

(edited by Atrophied.8725)

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

LOL its hard!!!

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

I swear Actraiser was easier.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

It says there’re 3 endings in Rytlock mode and 1 in easy mode.

So pink quaggan is easy mode’s ending.
Rytlock with glasses is Rytlock mode’s all chests ending.

What are the other 2 endings in Rytlock mode?

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Cool game, too frustrating for me though. I start it with the “ok it’s hard but I’m going to go until I beat it” attitude, but by the 3rd time I fail at the rabbit, I start raging. Oh well…

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

I can’t stand the controls. My brain is hard wired to move with the left hand, and attack/jump with the right hand. That’s 26 years of conditioning to try and undo. Not going to happen.

This plus 2.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

Animated Rytlock ~

(preview can’t deal with it)

We really need an edit of this with “I AM VERY PLEASED” changed to “DEAL WITH IT”.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Healix.5819

So uh. Question to any devs/admins looking at this thread? Will there ever be a downloadable version of Critter Rampage? c: Or will it just be available forever?

Once you load the game, it is fully offline. All you really need to do is copy those files, and you can forever have that copy.

Any chance of re-binding the move and action keys to be something sensible? I’d love W-A-S-D (movement), Shift-/ for jump-attack

http://code.google.com/p/gw2-rcr/downloads/

Download the modified version and change them yourself. By default, I set it to WASD, Shift to attack and Space to jump.

Or play it directly ~

http://gw2-rcr.googlecode.com/git/rampage/index.html

(edited by Healix.5819)

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

How did you defeat the big rabbit?! I can’t get past the first round of carrots.

These few words should be on every advertisement.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

Hell yeah, skipped easy mode, beat it on Rytlock 100% http://i.imgur.com/3Gf1Giz.png

Extra proof: http://i.imgur.com/dxHu9t1.png

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Devildoc.6721

This plus 2.

Seriously, I know it’s just a flash minigame done on the side but for future input, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER put movement on the right hand, attack/jump on the left. You’re completely screwing with people’s familiarity with platformers, and yes it makes the game more challenging, but not in a fun way.

This is what is called “Artificial Difficulty”. Yes the term gets thrown around a lot, but in this case it is absolutely true. Difficulty that is based on not being able to see your surroundings so that you can react, an unhelpful UI, and awful controls constitute artificial difficulty. Challenge from content is good, challenge from terrible controls is just frustrating without being fun.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Maybe you should consider saving your monetary support until ANet decides to make some real changes and improvements on the actual game.

I like the way you put it. All these extreme jumping on “retro” designs but the real reason is, this is fastest to market.

Generally people do it, to rush it and get over with it. NOT to enjoy doing it. This is because of "the skins’ again. Sigh, am sick on skins. There is a clear differentiation there.

Monsters are so over power. Put a little more thought into expanding all the playable class skills.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rainwhisker.4603

Rainwhisker.4603

This plus 2.

Seriously, I know it’s just a flash minigame done on the side but for future input, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER put movement on the right hand, attack/jump on the left. You’re completely screwing with people’s familiarity with platformers, and yes it makes the game more challenging, but not in a fun way.

This is what is called “Artificial Difficulty”. Yes the term gets thrown around a lot, but in this case it is absolutely true. Difficulty that is based on not being able to see your surroundings so that you can react, an unhelpful UI, and awful controls constitute artificial difficulty. Challenge from content is good, challenge from terrible controls is just frustrating without being fun.

I’ve had no qualms about the controls because arrow keys + letters are what most keyboard flash games use, and so do emulators of gameboy games and all by default. Anyone who’s used those will beg to differ with your thoughts.

It probably has nothing to do with making difficulty. It’s just that for some people this is the norm control scheme.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

To beat the frogs you stand just at the edge of their range and do a short hop. They can only do the max height one, while they are jumping rush in and kick them.

If yer on Rytlock mode run back out again and do it again, they’ll get another attack off before you can hit them again otherwise.

Beat it on Rytlock and found all treasures. Does a screenshot count as a wizard license now?

Well, to beat the frogs you don’t even have to jump… The frog attacks once each second or so and when you jump, so don’t jump just run up to it and hit it and run back again and repeat

I am also a Wizard now Though has anyone beat the rabbit without berserk it dead?
I have a silly idéa that one ending is if you beat it with no lifes lost?

What are all the endings, Easy mode, Rytlock, Rytlock with tresures and?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Healix.5819

The 4th ending / 3rd hard mode ending.

Requires Rytlock mode, 0 bonus chests, 10 baubles and no saves

Attachments:

(edited by Healix.5819)

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Devildoc.6721

This plus 2.

I’ve had no qualms about the controls because arrow keys + letters are what most keyboard flash games use, and so do emulators of gameboy games and all by default. Anyone who’s used those will beg to differ with your thoughts.

It probably has nothing to do with making difficulty. It’s just that for some people this is the norm control scheme.

I always rebound my button for emulators and I use a gamepad.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Curo.2483

I find it weird that so many people think the keypad is an obscure way to move your character. WASD is used for movement only because the Qwerty keyboard was designed with the intention of being used with 2 hands. Thus, there was no problem with using arrow keys to move. However with the introduction of the RPG, the mouse has become a more integral part of gaming, and the left hand had to start being used for movement. I’m in my early 20’s and the computer games I grew up on always used arrow keys for movement, because that logically made sense. Up is up, left is left, etc.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lapin Diabolique.3265

Lapin Diabolique.3265

I tried it with my browser set to full screen mode and the controls mapped to my Playstation-style gamepad. A real retro experience!

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

The 4th ending / 3rd hard mode ending.

Requires Rytlock mode, 0 bonus chests, 10 baubles and no saves

Our hero, thanks a bunch!

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Devildoc.6721

I find it weird that so many people think the keypad is an obscure way to move your character. WASD is used for movement only because the Qwerty keyboard was designed with the intention of being used with 2 hands. Thus, there was no problem with using arrow keys to move. However with the introduction of the RPG, the mouse has become a more integral part of gaming, and the left hand had to start being used for movement. I’m in my early 20’s and the computer games I grew up on always used arrow keys for movement, because that logically made sense. Up is up, left is left, etc.

hasn’t been like that since the 80’s before the mouse was even used in games. Not only the mouse being used increasingly more in games with the advent of the FPS in the early 90’s, but also the fact that consoles used left hand = movement, right hand = actions influenced it.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Curo.2483

hasn’t been like that since the 80’s before the mouse was even used in games. Not only the mouse being used increasingly more in games with the advent of the FPS in the early 90’s, but also the fact that consoles used left hand = movement, right hand = actions influenced it.

I suppose it’s different for me because I’ve never been much of a console gamer. I played a lot of MS DOS games as a kid, and there was no mouse for them. Although I did play the gameboy a lot as a kid. So idk, maybe my hands are ambidextrous for game movement.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Heh, my 8-bit reflexes aren’t what they used to be. I managed to beat the Rabbit in Easy Mode and once in Rytlock Mode (without finding all the chests), but I’m going to stop there. Kudos to you though, Delly Sartika! This was an awesome blast to the past.

SAB in 2D

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

how do you defeat that bunny? let him eat his own carrots?

jump kick