So what's the deal?

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ixl.7190

ixl.7190

Nothing is certain, but I’m pretty sure these ones will only be around for this month.

I’d like to put in a plea for the old skins from baubles to remain available in the future. I enjoy SAB and I love all the skins and would like for them to be long term goals. And by long term, it might take me months to get enough baubles for just one skin.

With my work/life schedule, I have only time to do the daily weeknights and play part of one day on the weekend. I’m not complaining nor am I saying I deserve special consideration. I’d just like the difference between people like me and people who can complete SAB over and over quickly and get skins rapidly to be the time it takes to get the skins rather than the possibility of ever having one of them.

Put me on your friends list. Guest onto blackgate when you have a little game time, ill help you get a skin in 3 hours of gametime or less over the next 20 days.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Ogod Mr. Foreman, do you realize how much you just altered the market with a semi-vague answer lol? And I was getting close to having enough monies for the greatsword.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

As others have said, now its become a need to grind and grind and get as many skins as possible before the end of April (either to keep or sell for ungodly amounts of gold later). Sure they are cosmetic, but that is supposed to be the point of the endgame (others have said/explained it better). I’m not entirely sure I would want to play later levels/worlds if I know I’m going to have grind them as well, since why wouldn’t the trend of skins that are one time only, continue for future ones?
This, in my opinion, is just as bad a decision as all the Halloween ones (skins only in gambling chests, near legendary requirements for permanent items, etc.)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8601

ThePainTrain.8601

As others have said, now its become a need to grind and grind and get as many skins as possible before the end of April (either to keep or sell for ungodly amounts of gold later). Sure they are cosmetic, but that is supposed to be the point of the endgame (others have said/explained it better). I’m not entirely sure I would want to play later levels/worlds if I know I’m going to have grind them as well, since why wouldn’t the trend of skins that are one time only, continue for future ones?
This, in my opinion, is just as bad a decision as all the Halloween ones (skins only in gambling chests, near legendary requirements for permanent items, etc.)

I have to disagree, you can’t compare the horrible idea of RNG skins from a cash shop item to an item that you can get without any RNG attached – The only drawback being time spent?

I like the idea of unique rewards per world as this guy put it in another thread →

I think this would be the perfect compromise:

1. Each time the SAB returns, the skins available for purchase with Baubles are different. (You have a whole month to farm Bauble Bubbles to get the skin you want, so I think this is fair.) This helps keep the flavour “fresh”, as Josh said.

2. Zone chests in World 2 drop the new skins, but zone chests in World 1 still drop the original Super skins. This allows players to choose which world they’d like to farm for a chance to get the skins they want, if they missed the original Super skins the first time around. This also provides the market with a renewed supply of skins so it doesn’t run out completely.

Likewise, when World 3 is released, along with a new set of reward skins, zone chests in World 3 drop the new skins, World 2 continues to drop the 2nd set, and World 1 drops the original Super skins.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

snip

I have to disagree, you can’t compare the horrible idea of RNG skins from a cash shop item to an item that you can get without any RNG attached – The only drawback being time spent?

I like the idea of unique rewards per world as this guy put it in another thread ->

Zaxares quote

I didn’t say this was worse, because I wasn’t trying to compare how you get the items. I meant the choices/decisions of Anet as a whole. This is no where near as bad as the Halloween problems, since SAB rewards aren’t RNG (not really, unless you’re only trying to get them from the end chests).

I kinda like the option the guy you quoted came up with, but the drop rate for previous skins should double if not triple as more worlds are released. Such as when world 3 is released, world 1 skin drop rate from chests triples (or somewhere between double and triple), world 2 has double drop rate for world 2 skins, and world 3 keeps the default drop rate (since you could also buy the latest worlds skins from Moto for B.B.).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I saw that. Im sure it also sounds unsympathetic when I say that Anet communicated in advance the date and time, explained the one-time nature, and that staying up late, getting up early, getting the day off are all personal options that individuals could have taken. But even then, comparing a one-time event to a 30 day event is still a bit excessive.

A one-time event requiring someone to wake up at 3:00 AM (and I believe this was on a work day, Monday) in oceanic/asian timezones, is unreasonable and unnecessary.

How is that comparison excessive? Both events involve (potentially) one-time-only content and/or events. The Karka event will never be experienced again. The current SAB skins may never be obtainable again. They are not perfectly equivalent, but if you cannot see the overlap here then I cannot help you.

[AoN] All or Nothing

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

snip

Agree with all of this.

I definitely agree with this. Early adopters should get some sort of bonus, and stat-less skins are perfect. No one is freaking out because they can’t get Halloween skins, same will happen with these, except these are much more common. Having limited series’ within the game gives players more opportunity for unique looks. And that’s kind of a big thing in this game where most rewards are visual.

Early adopters of what? SAB? The game is almost 8 months old. :P

Halloween, seriously? Did you ignore how many people were livid about the greatsaw? Not to mention that most of the Halloween skins weren’t that great. Aside from the GS the only other nice ones were the staff and the shortbow, both of which can still be crafted.

The bigger issue at hand is that GW2 does not have enough cosmetic variety. This has been an ongoing complaint. People struggle for unique looks because there’s not that much choice and having one-time-only skins isn’t going to help that either.

People were mad about the Halloween gear because it was RNG, Super skins are extremely easy to get and you have a month to do it. Someone above mentioned that discontinuing skins will discourage new players. I don’t recall a single post of a new player who is livid about not having a chance at a Halloween skin.

When I’m new to a game I don’t expect to have access to every single item that has ever been released. The people who were there and took part in the event should have something to show for it. Everyone’s sense of entitlement is different however.

Lastly, discontinued skins will most assuredly lead to more unique looks. Sorry, but this part isn’t opinion, this is fact. Take the Halloween skins for example. When you see one, it is almost unique because you don’t see them very often. If there were still access (besides the TP), you would see them much more. This would be especially true with Super skins as they have proven aesthetic popularity.

(edited by laharl.8435)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I don’t know, I like the idea of semi-exclusivity for the skins.

They’d probably bring the current skins back at some point down the road, but having a completely different set next time seems cool.

It will also keep the saturation of the Super Weapons down a bit. They’re awesome skins and all, but it would get a little tiring if those were just about the only weapons anyone was wielding.

Yes, you may feel compelled to grind for more skins (I know I will), but eh. Better than feeling compelled to grind the World Bosses every day forever…

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I like the idea of one time only skins, if you keep an extra event like this around forever and the skins with it then it loses any sort of value and the side event also becomes stale even with added content. But if they only come back once a year with this with new content and different skins the whole thing remains fresh and gives you something to look forward to as well.

My feeling is the outrage too over not having enough time to farm the skins you want is highly laughable… you can farm enough bauble bubbles for a skin in around 5-6 hours.. you have 20 days… thats plenty of time to farm a couple of skins, you just need to sacrifice time from your current playing to do SAB. Even then if you can’t farm the skin you want… farm the most expensive one you want and then buy a couple at the end of the event if you cant make them.. yes the prices are going up now but there’s still 20 days of hardcore farmers who are going to yet again over-saturate the market with these skins dropping the price down another time or two before any permanent rise sets in.

Lastly, for those who haven’t started playing yet. From experience, you can rarely go into an MMO that has any sort of special events and expect to acquire everything from that event without having to either have been there or pay a pretty penny. It’s just one of those sad hard lessons you learn when gaming. The fact of the matter is, they’re offering something that’s true potential and popularity could never be attained by keeping it around permanently. By bringing it back annually they keep people looking forward to that time of the year and to see what new will come out… not just have wild expectations of month after month of updating it and trying to waste their time on developing something that is just an add-on. Whereas by making it annual they don’t have to waste the man-power on something that will go stale in a couple months, they can waste it on attempting to fix the other broken parts of the game that desperately desire more time spent on them.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I like the idea of one time only skins, if you keep an extra event like this around forever and the skins with it then it loses any sort of value and the side event also becomes stale even with added content. But if they only come back once a year with this with new content and different skins the whole thing remains fresh and gives you something to look forward to as well.

My feeling is the outrage too over not having enough time to farm the skins you want is highly laughable… you can farm enough bauble bubbles for a skin in around 5-6 hours.. you have 20 days… thats plenty of time to farm a couple of skins, you just need to sacrifice time from your current playing to do SAB. Even then if you can’t farm the skin you want… farm the most expensive one you want and then buy a couple at the end of the event if you cant make them.. yes the prices are going up now but there’s still 20 days of hardcore farmers who are going to yet again over-saturate the market with these skins dropping the price down another time or two before any permanent rise sets in.

Lastly, for those who haven’t started playing yet. From experience, you can rarely go into an MMO that has any sort of special events and expect to acquire everything from that event without having to either have been there or pay a pretty penny. It’s just one of those sad hard lessons you learn when gaming. The fact of the matter is, they’re offering something that’s true potential and popularity could never be attained by keeping it around permanently. By bringing it back annually they keep people looking forward to that time of the year and to see what new will come out… not just have wild expectations of month after month of updating it and trying to waste their time on developing something that is just an add-on. Whereas by making it annual they don’t have to waste the man-power on something that will go stale in a couple months, they can waste it on attempting to fix the other broken parts of the game that desperately desire more time spent on them.

Well said, spot on.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Things are more fun when everyone can enjoy them, even if they arraive late to the party of have less time for it.
A joke is meant to be told to others. A good meal tastes better shared. Multiplayer games are usually more fun than playing alone. a kid who gets a new bike and gloats to other about it, and doesn’t let them try it is considered a jerk.

When they re-released the festival maks in GW1 it was a good thing, because everyone gets to enjoy them.
If they never, ever, bring these back it’ll be a bad thing.
They’ll be resources spent modeling something only some will enjoy.

What kind of person finds enjoyment in having something others can’t get?
Eric Cartman.

And so what if other MMOs do that?
Isn’t part of what GW2 selling “not being like other mmos”?
“If you don’t like mmos, check GW2”

Doing the same as others do will get people to like GW2 if they do not like other MMOs?
Of course not.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

[…]

clipped…

I see what you’re saying, but I’m not saying to take SAB out forever, nor am I saying to NEVER re-release these skins… I’m just saying I like having it for say only april each year… new players will get to play it in april just like the rest of us, we all had to wait 8 months too.. no reason they cant wait a while as well and then its all the more enjoyable once you can finally play it. As for the weapons I think it’s nice if they went in a cycle, released the other weapons next year, the year after maybe a set of armor.. the year after that they can start re-release… I just think that it’s better if you can’t just get everything you want right away, it just makes you enjoy it all the more once you finally get what you want rather than just having it and then be like… meh… and get bored of it after a week and move onto the next thing. To feel the need the be entitled to everything right away or to be entitled to everything gw releases as “special” permanently is the height of childishness. Some things are meant to be special/limited, holidays would lose value too if we celebrated them every day keep SAB special, keep it annual.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Lastly, discontinued skins will most assuredly lead to more unique looks. Sorry, but this part isn’t opinion, this is fact.

No, it’s not fact. What ends up happening is a good percentage of people who have one-time-only items end up quitting over time. I’ve seen this happen in every MMO I’ve played. Eventually you simply won’t see them around at all. Gradual extinction of an item doesn’t create “more looks”.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Lastly, discontinued skins will most assuredly lead to more unique looks. Sorry, but this part isn’t opinion, this is fact.

No, it’s not fact. What ends up happening is a good percentage of people who have one-time-only items end up quitting over time. I’ve seen this happen in every MMO I’ve played. Eventually you simply won’t see them around at all. Gradual extinction of an item doesn’t create “more looks”.

Lane said more unique looks, not more looks. They mean almost the polar opposite. More unique is synonymous with more rare, if that helps.

Say for example there are 0 items that are unique. As you say, people will gradually quit and the extinction will begin, then down the road this item is super rare with only a handful of people having it. Now we are 1 unique item. ==> More unique items

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Lane said more unique looks, not more looks. They mean almost the polar opposite. More unique is synonymous with more rare, if that helps.

Say for example there are 0 items that are unique. As you say, people will gradually quit and the extinction will begin, then down the road this item is super rare with only a handful of people having it. Now we are 1 unique item. ==> More unique items

Well, that’s not what I consider more unique looks. More unique looks, to me, would be if there were so many cosmetic options to choose from it was rare to see anyone using the exact same thing. Not only is that difficult to do currently in GW2, but it’s only made worse by removing items that would promote more variety.

As I said, I’m not a proponent of item removal. I dream of a day that individual personality is displayed through player choice rather than people trying to showboat with whatever they have that’s the rarest. I just find the whole, “Hey, look at me! I’m special because I have this item and you don’t!” mentality (especially in video games) really silly. Just my opinion.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Removing the items each release is silly, even if its just from the vendor leaving them to be found in the appropriate world inside the SAB

If the SAB ever becomes permanent (and it would be silly to put in a lot of work and not have it at the very least reliably reoccurring) what would happen?

Im really not sure where the sort of thinking comes from that removing things from older content makes newer content more special.

I know when the first expansion comes lets remove the original content to make the new expansion extra special! because that would make sense at all… sure SAB content isn’t as major or as expansive as that but the thinking seems to be the same.

You make the new stuff the bigger focus sure but you don’t actively remove the older content people would still want.

As others have said, if you just remove the items from future versions they will eventually not be in the game (granted it would take a while).

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like the idea of unique rewards per world as this guy put it in another thread ->

I think this would be the perfect compromise:

1. Each time the SAB returns, the skins available for purchase with Baubles are different. (You have a whole month to farm Bauble Bubbles to get the skin you want, so I think this is fair.) This helps keep the flavour “fresh”, as Josh said.

2. Zone chests in World 2 drop the new skins, but zone chests in World 1 still drop the original Super skins. This allows players to choose which world they’d like to farm for a chance to get the skins they want, if they missed the original Super skins the first time around. This also provides the market with a renewed supply of skins so it doesn’t run out completely.

Likewise, when World 3 is released, along with a new set of reward skins, zone chests in World 3 drop the new skins, World 2 continues to drop the 2nd set, and World 1 drops the original Super skins.

Thanks for the plug. I really do hope that ANet sees the above suggestion and implements some form of it.

I’m definitely in the group that doesn’t believe in one-time exclusivity. By all means, have an item to allow a player to show that “they were there”, but that doesn’t mean the item has to be permanently locked out from players who didn’t (or couldn’t) make it the first time. It’s like pre-order bonuses for a game being released to everybody down the line. It always gets some hollers from players who feel ripped off that they paid extra for these bonuses, and now everybody gets them for free. What these players fail to realise is that they still got to feel unique and show off for 6 months to a year. They paid for the privilege of having a headstart on everybody else.

As someone else mentioned earlier, GW1 has started releasing the festival hats for all previous years, and as far as I know, the game hasn’t suddenly filled up with people all wearing the original 2005 Halloween mask. I support player choice and the ability for players to outfit themselves in an appearance that makes them happy, because ultimately that’s what we’re all here for, to have fun.

As a final note, I’d just like to remind people that Josh is NOT the person in charge of rewards or how they’re made available. However, I do hope that he takes note of the feedback here and relays it to the people who are in charge of it.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

Disabling the current skins is a terrible idea.

The game will change.

Once upon a time players couldn’t convert skins into PVP skins. They slapped them on pve weapons and then a few months down the line Anet did the right thing and made a PVP/PVE conversion function.

But if your skin was on a pve weapon already you didn’t have the option.

But do you ever see anyone rocking island skins or tiki shields in PVP? I PVP everyday and I’ve never seen it.

Stuff gets lost. Stuff gets obsoleted. Stuff goes extinct. Please let the stuff stay out there.

At some point in the future we are very likely to have a PVE locker. People will want to fill it.

At some point a vet will reroll, or a newcomer will come along and they will be be unable to scrape together the resources to get the perfect skin for their new character because who knew that next April Fool’s 2014 Anet would release a super rifle? And who knew that 3 years from then Anet would give Mesmers rifle? Who knew that at that time a player would be inspired to create and roleplay an Asuran bounty hunter who shot a laser rifle and used holograms to entrap their prey?

Progression keeps players in the game. Lack of progression causes boredom. Why take away the checkbox for progression? Especially when it comes via a unique gameplay method in SAB?

Compare it to a television show. Everyone loves new episodes, but without reruns it is hard to get new fans.

At the very least the items should be seasonal or rewarded appropriately for the originating content (world 1.)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Probably each release will feature a set of sab skins but the grand finale or subsequent seasons will have all of them available.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: KevinEvo.7061

KevinEvo.7061

So we’re never going to see “Super” versions of the weapons that didn’t receive skins? It’s going to be a whole new set next time?

I don’t know how you got that out of what I said. We will certainly (as much certainty as the continuation of SAB) be making at least one Super Skin for every weapon in the game. But in order to make each release somewhat special I’m pretty sure we are going to retire the current set after April. I don’t think we will have the same set of Super Skins at our next release. Does that make sense? Overall, we have a very solid plan for everything we’re doing INSIDE the SAB, but haven’t planned out everything surrounding it, the rewards, and all that kind of stuff yet. One thing we learned in this release is to make sure we schedule more time for planning and building the reward side of things.

Josh, could you clarify this a bit more?

Not really. I’m not at work this week, and I didn’t make the plans for rewards and how and when they are distributed. I’m going off a memory of a conversation we had during the last week of production which was very hectic. Someone knows all the details, but I don’t.

It would be much nicer if you put those resources into expanding the actual Guild Wars 2 world, instead of this side game that has nothing to do with Guild Wars. It may be fun, or not, but this doesn’t fit in this game. I personally think it’s a waste of time and want to see something better. The Living story is very weak. It’s just a series of fetch quests and 2 instances which are exactly the same with just some random mobs to kill.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

For the players that like prestige for veterans, skins are the perfect solution. If it were stats, I would agree with those that want them always here. It makes them more unique by rarity as time goes by.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Stex.6482

Stex.6482

Personally, I really like one-time skins. They are just cosmetic and it’s a good way to show prestige for vets of the game in a few years.

It’s also a great way to alienate new players. It doesn’t affect me personally. I have 4 skins via Baubles and have been lucky with an additional 4 skins via chests (opened about 100 chests I think).

I’m just thinking about little Johnny Gamer who picks up GW2 this summer, sees someone running around with the Super Greatsword and says “Oh wow, I really want that! How do I get it?”

“Sorry, Johnny, it was a one-time event. You’re out of luck.”

Not the greatest experience for a new player.

This is also the same way i feel, i don’t think people should be punished for not being able to play at any given time.

I myself get very little time to play, and of course don’t give me a crutch, but please do not release something that i can not work towards in the future. I don’t really like these skins as much as some other ones, but i would feel cheated if i couldn’t get them.

On a side note, i REALLY love Super Adventure Box, this is my favorite pass time in the game right now! No matter what you do with the skins or the content i am glad it was in the game. Anyways that’s my two cents.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: AllAve.7185

AllAve.7185

This is sad, I wanted to use my skin when I get my toon to lvl 80, but I dont think I will get to 80 before the month ends, because I don’t have much time to play… Seems like I will not try it Please don’t do that!

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t know, I like the idea of semi-exclusivity for the skins.

They’d probably bring the current skins back at some point down the road, but having a completely different set next time seems cool.

It will also keep the saturation of the Super Weapons down a bit. They’re awesome skins and all, but it would get a little tiring if those were just about the only weapons anyone was wielding.

I think rotating them might be a nice idea/compromise, this year set 1, next year set 2 third year set 3, then set 1 and so on.

No matter what, these won’t be the only weapons everyone is wielding, most people will be wielding set 2, when it comes out because they will be new and different. They’ll wield them for a while, then they’ll wield the skins from the “Attack of the Dog People” event that occurs through Living World, then the skins from the new Dungeon, then they’ll wield the skins from the “Revenge of the Dog People” expansion and eventually practically no-one will be wielding these and yes, it will be rare to see someone with one, but why is that good in itself? It’s just a loss of content?

In my experience people tend to wear the latest trend because they’re tired of their old clothes/weapons.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: GreenSage.3256

GreenSage.3256

I dont know about you guys, but i kitten love Josh Foreman.

Borlis Pass, [WFD]
Aka: Taetous, Aithyreal, Greensage, Lemyin, Mary Jayene, Seeker Volf

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: GreenSage.3256

GreenSage.3256

Personally, I really like one-time skins. They are just cosmetic and it’s a good way to show prestige for vets of the game in a few years.

It’s also a great way to alienate new players. It doesn’t affect me personally. I have 4 skins via Baubles and have been lucky with an additional 4 skins via chests (opened about 100 chests I think).

I’m just thinking about little Johnny Gamer who picks up GW2 this summer, sees someone running around with the Super Greatsword and says “Oh wow, I really want that! How do I get it?”

“Sorry, Johnny, it was a one-time event. You’re out of luck.”

Not the greatest experience for a new player.

This is also the same way i feel, i don’t think people should be punished for not being able to play at any given time.

I myself get very little time to play, and of course don’t give me a crutch, but please do not release something that i can not work towards in the future. I don’t really like these skins as much as some other ones, but i would feel cheated if i couldn’t get them.

On a side note, i REALLY love Super Adventure Box, this is my favorite pass time in the game right now! No matter what you do with the skins or the content i am glad it was in the game. Anyways that’s my two cents.

Everything said applies to the winter and halloween stuff.

Sorry friends, but you’ll have to get over it.

Life is full of surprises and disappointments.

Borlis Pass, [WFD]
Aka: Taetous, Aithyreal, Greensage, Lemyin, Mary Jayene, Seeker Volf

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

you’re getting way too excited guys.. if you flip trough some other topics on the SaB sub-forum, you will find out that SaB is here till the end of april, but will return shortly after. all speculations lead to rumors that are 90% false. and the rarity of an item that is from a one time event will always be surpassed by another item from another event. i don’t understand all the talk about “what about the new players”.. what about them? they weren’t here when the event took place and if they want a “skin” from that event they will have to pay up to get it.
take a look at the halloween event.. i wanted a greatsaw greatsword skin, but i couldn’t get it.. i can get it now still, but i’d have to pay quite a lot of G.

@AllAve.7185
why wouldn’t you try it? you can get a skin in 18 days with ease and then just save it and use it when you hit 80. or you can use it now even if you’re level 50. but you need some basic transmutation stones and a fine one for level 80.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Everything said applies to the winter and halloween stuff.

Sorry friends, but you’ll have to get over it.

Life is full of surprises and disappointments.

What? You mean the winter and halloween stuff that will probably be back this winter and halloween?

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not that difficult to get baubles with 5 characters. If you don’t want to farm them then you have the option of paying gold. Just prioritize which skins you really want and whether you actually need every weapon on every character to have a skin.

Temporary skins have been around for quite some time. The skins in October were temporary. The difference between those and the ones we have now is that these can easily be gotten by anyone without much effort.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

clipped…

I see what you’re saying, but I’m not saying to take SAB out forever, nor am I saying to NEVER re-release these skins… I’m just saying I like having it for say only april each year… new players will get to play it in april just like the rest of us, we all had to wait 8 months too.. no reason they cant wait a while as well and then its all the more enjoyable once you can finally play it. As for the weapons I think it’s nice if they went in a cycle, released the other weapons next year, the year after maybe a set of armor.. the year after that they can start re-release… I just think that it’s better if you can’t just get everything you want right away, it just makes you enjoy it all the more once you finally get what you want rather than just having it and then be like… meh… and get bored of it after a week and move onto the next thing. To feel the need the be entitled to everything right away or to be entitled to everything gw releases as “special” permanently is the height of childishness. Some things are meant to be special/limited, holidays would lose value too if we celebrated them every day keep SAB special, keep it annual.

I’m not saying to keep it permanently either.

There’s mostly two kinds of exclusivity.
Limited and absolute.

With limited, something can be exclusive in time (exclusive for a long time, but then made available to all) or in acquisition (very hard to get, but still available to all, with luck or effort) or in price (very expensive or requiring real money).
But ultimately, each player will have a chance to get the stuff. Even if they got into a car accident and went on a coma for 5 years, when they com back, if they work hard, get good at the game or wait for the right moment, they’ll get the stuff.

With absolute, something appears just once or is only available to a few, and then it’s gone, never to appear or be made again, to the point that some people won’t even see it used by other players, ever, as if it wasn’t part of the game at all.

Looking at GW1, one example of limited exclusivity would be the festival masks, that were absolute until they re-released them after 7 years.
Anyone who got them got to enjoy them exclusively for a very long time, but after that, they became limited, and everyone gets to enjoy them.

On the other hand, you’ll have the absolute exclusive limited miniatures, that became a symbol of how bad GW1’s economy was. People who got them didn’t get them because they like them, but as a symbol of how much wealth they had farmed or powertraded and ow much they could waste on them.

So, what I’m saying is that even if it’s after 5 or 10 years, they must eventually come back.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

This is sad, I wanted to use my skin when I get my toon to lvl 80, but I dont think I will get to 80 before the month ends, because I don’t have much time to play… Seems like I will not try it Please don’t do that!

If you already own a skin, it’s not going away. You just won’t be able to buy new ones.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

IBut in order to make each release somewhat special I’m pretty sure we are going to retire the current set after April.

Does that include chest drops or only the Moto skins? Will we still be able to get the “old” skins from chest drops?

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Demeron.5423

Demeron.5423

Nothing is certain, but I’m pretty sure these ones will only be around for this month.

ok u say only this month and its already the 12th.. sitll no more been Released?? for this zone? whats deal with that? are we going to get the rest of the world yet or no? before this event ends…

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Josh Foreman

Previous

Josh Foreman

Environment Design Specialist

Next

IBut in order to make each release somewhat special I’m pretty sure we are going to retire the current set after April.

Does that include chest drops or only the Moto skins? Will we still be able to get the “old” skins from chest drops?

I don’t know. I’m not in charge of the rewards.

ok u say only this month and its already the 12th.. sitll no more been Released?? for this zone? whats deal with that? are we going to get the rest of the world yet or no? before this event ends…

No. The other Worlds and skins will be released in future installments of SAB. April is only World 1 and the current skins.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Demeron.5423

I don’t know. I’m not in charge of the rewards.

No. The other Worlds and skins will be released in future installments of SAB. April is only World 1 and the current skins.

ok but there is a post on here from u i belive stateing that SAB is only for this month..? so im alittle lost

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Demeron.5423

here was what i was Refering to

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Previous

Josh Foreman

Next

ok but there is a post on here from u i belive stateing that SAB is only for this month..? so im alittle lost

World 1 is only for this month. At a later date we will release World 2 (along with World 1 again) for a month. And so on until all 4 Worlds are done and the SAB is complete. I don’t know what will happen at that point.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

So this means that it should be 100% sure that we keep all the upgrades we bought in this case, right ?
Since there would be no way to get them back, it would not make sens otherwise, unless you plan to put them again in world 2, then in world 3 and world 4, which is kinda strange …

Edit : nvm, not really awake, I did not see there would still be world 1. Ignore this :P

(edited by KratosAngel.7289)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zariuss.2357

Zariuss.2357

The SAB is listed on http://guildwars2.com as being available from April 1st to 30th.

World 2 has not been built yet, and won’t be started for another little while. But not a long while.

World 2 won’t be available within the next month

Not this month. At an unspecified time. Certainly not in the next month.

… and may return before next April.

I certainly hope so. All signs currently point to yes. But of course, no promises.

Yeah that’s the thread I saw. So it’s 100% not going to be permanent. That’s a shame. It “may” return before next April. Oh well, so long as we can see it again in the future I’ll be happy. There is so much potential with this thing it’d be a definite shame if they didn’t continue with it. I mean just look at all the map we haven’t discovered in there yet! We must save the Princess! (she’s a Princess, right? lol).

This is why i love arenanet!

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Demeron.5423

World 1 is only for this month. At a later date we will release World 2 (along with World 1 again) for a month. And so on until all 4 Worlds are done and the SAB is complete. I don’t know what will happen at that point.

well can you make these Bauble Stacks bigger? and Give us a slot in collectables for them then? because stocking up on all this crap to not even need it for months is a waste of space..

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

We get the princess of course. And she gives us a nice smooch on the cheek as the curtains close and the credits roll.

And then we get the message to do the second quest.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’d like to put in a plea for the old skins from baubles to remain available in the future. I enjoy SAB and I love all the skins and would like for them to be long term goals. And by long term, it might take me months to get enough baubles for just one skin.

With my work/life schedule, I have only time to do the daily weeknights and play part of one day on the weekend. I’m not complaining nor am I saying I deserve special consideration. I’d just like the difference between people like me and people who can complete SAB over and over quickly and get skins rapidly to be the time it takes to get the skins rather than the possibility of ever having one of them.

Put me on your friends list. Guest onto blackgate when you have a little game time, ill help you get a skin in 3 hours of gametime or less over the next 20 days.

Nice offer! Thanks, I’ll do that. However, I must warn you I’m a terrible jumper and it takes me longer to do jumping puzzles than the average person. You will have to have the patience of a saint. o.O

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

Katz, I’d be willing to help farm too! I really don’t do tooo much farming, but I’ve done enough for 1 weapon and a backpack… planning on getting maybe 1 more backpack and probably 1 or 2 more weapon skins by the end of the month.

I’m on Blackgate as well, so yeah feel free to whisper me or something in game if you want me to help get a few baubles at least.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

We get the princess of course. And she gives us a nice smooch on the cheek as the curtains close and the credits roll.

And then we get the message to do the second quest.

insert “The Cake is a Lie” meme

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Previous

Josh Foreman

well can you make these Bauble Stacks bigger? and Give us a slot in collectables for them then? because stocking up on all this crap to not even need it for months is a waste of space..

I don’t control that stuff. I’ll look into the collectible slot but I honestly have no idea how likely that is.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Demeron.5423

I don’t control that stuff. I’ll look into the collectible slot but I honestly have no idea how likely that is.

i understand not blameing u just kinda dumb we gota waste space for months till next World opens or we see SAB agine lord know’s how long that could be..

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

While you’re asking, ask them why they haven’t added collectible slots for the various dungeon tokens (they have a “deposit collectible” right click menu entry that’s greyed out). If it’s due to the system only allowing 250 of any collectible item (my theory)…then tell them to get on expanding that pronto for all of these tokens. :P I keep worrying I’m going to accidentally destroy them.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

While you’re asking, ask them why they haven’t added collectible slots for the various dungeon tokens (they have a “deposit collectible” right click menu entry that’s greyed out). If it’s due to the system only allowing 250 of any collectible item (my theory)…then tell them to get on expanding that pronto for all of these tokens. :P I keep worrying I’m going to accidentally destroy them.

That may or may not be easy.

250 is suspiciously close to 255/256, which is the max value for an 8-bit address.

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Collectibles is no better than inventory slots, since there is only even 1 stack in collectibles. Personally I’d say it’s fine the way it is. Currently no one can carry more than two bauble stacks at a time, and anyone who continues to carry bauble stacks after getting out of the game is just silly. They should be conversed to bubbles.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

So what's the deal?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Yeah I know the “Princess” looks like Moto wearing a dress lol.