Super Adventure Box is Amazing

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

I have yet to see any other MMO do events that are as awesome. Keep up the good work, and I hope that you add more to this JP. I totally support Moto into making more of it!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I concur, it is THAT amazing. So sad it’s not going to be around permanently, so much thought and details went into it. Love it!

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

ACTUALLY! It will be around a lot longer, the guy who makes the JP’s in GW2, forgot his name but he said that if this goes well then the Anet team will allow him to keep working on it and keep it around longer.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I agree. Super Adventure Box is amazing and deserves to stay as permanent content.

It does, however, highlight the GW2’s poor hit detection and physics, but it’s basically a prototype and I’m sure they’ll find a workaround to those limitations.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Oreoginal.1580

Oreoginal.1580

I LOVE THIS. Haha, I have honestly enjoyed every bit (get it? hah.) of this JP. It is so well done and it is incredibly enjoyable. I two-man the whole thing with my girlfriend and we’ve had a blast all night just chilling at this place. High five to Anet!

Parmesan Stick – 80 Warrior – Kaineng
Build: http://tinyurl.com/gw2build-parmstick
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/YT-gw2parmstick

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jeneva.8561

Jeneva.8561

I thought it was an April Fools joke. I am enjoying smacking 8bit snakes with a stick… so joke or not its kinda fun.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

I think it was designed with room to grow.

For those who don’t know, you can actually “level up” your character in there by getting more hearts/weapons and items (Zelda Style) and it will be all permanent on your SAB character – it will stay on your character when you go back in.

They can always have new weapons (they have a lot of Zelda style games to copy from), new skills, new levels, new gameplay types and such.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

This should be the actual game considering it has less bugs and is much more fun.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Evilpokey.2845

Evilpokey.2845

I only bought GW2 less than a week ago and this event has just blown my mind. Greatest game ever.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

Odd timing actually, because I just heard that Evoland was releasing this week and I was thinking of buying it.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

So is the SAB going away after April 1?

I hope not…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So is the SAB going away after April 1?

I hope not…

Its staying entire month unless they decide to make it permanent. .-.

This should be the actual game considering it has less bugs and is much more fun.

Asura technology FTW I guess.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Gibbilo.3270

Gibbilo.3270

In terms of content release this has been some of the best I have seen yet ! I thought Halloween was spectacular Then they let me down with Lost Shores. Then they came back with Christmas which rocked my socks !!! And then they started living story which has only been getting better and better an better!!! And then they released a great living story segment AND one of the best retro minigame experiences ever at the same time? YES!!!!!!! I am so happy !!!! Great work !!!!!!!!

Now if only their class balance team could be as amazing as their content development team :/

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I think its absolute garbage and not at all in keeping with Guild Wars lore or themeing….I have no clue where this game is going..it gets more juvenile as the weeks go by

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

This is the most fun I have EVER had in GW2!

I would totally buy this game JUST for the superbox….

PLEASE KEEP THIS FEATURE AS A SIDE-GAME!!

in Super Adventure Box

Mitch.4781

This is the most fun I have EVER had in GW2!

I would totally buy this game JUST for the superbox….

PLEASE KEEP THIS FEATURE AS A SIDE-GAME!!

Are you for real??? I just do NOT get it :|

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I actually feel sorry for other MMO’s. I just don’t know how they can compete with GW2.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in Super Adventure Box

Mitch.4781

I actually feel sorry for other MMO’s. I just don’t know how they can compete with GW2.

Oo I duuno..Maybe they add actual legitimate content and not juvenile fluff?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because so many MMOs have more content than Guild Wars 2, or add it as fast. I think you’ll find that most MMOs don’t add stuff this fast, so if some upgrades aren’t to one’s taste…well, others are.

The fractals was a major update in November. Since then they’ve added new PvP maps, and fixed culling. The game was launched prematurely, and a lot of time has been spent getting it up to scratch, and it still launched with more content than any MMO I can think of.

Sure some updates are frivolous, but if you take out those, it STILL provides more content updates than most MMOs and perhaps all of them.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

OMG, O_O awesome in a can

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Juvenile fluff?

Not only is this an insult to all the games that paved the way for games like GW2, but have you actually played through the content? Those jumping puzzles can be super challenging.

This content has had an overwhelmingly positive response. It allows all players to experience the content and is fun focused. MMOs out there would be smart to take a page from this release.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Juvenile fluff?

Not only is this an insult to all the games that paved the way for games like GW2, but have you actually played through the content? Those jumping puzzles can be super challenging.

This content has had an overwhelmingly positive response. It allows all players to experience the content and is fun focused. MMOs out there would be smart to take a page from this release.

Yep, the buzz on the MMO internets is huge on the Adventure Box. I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up registering as a perceptible uptick on Anet’s sales graph.

Also, if you want a more “adult” game with a GW2 playstyle, keep your eye out for Elder Scrolls Online. But I bet it won’t be half as fun, or have a community, half as good as this game.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I think its absolute garbage and not at all in keeping with Guild Wars lore or themeing….I have no clue where this game is going..it gets more juvenile as the weeks go by

I’m pretty sure the game’s path is staying on course. This is just a minigame. It’s not as if they’re integrating lore into the main game from it.

And yes I do want to see this permanent and further developed. With the mechanics GW2 already has, SAB has enormous potential for development.

in Super Adventure Box

Mitch.4781

Honestly cut the hyperbole..and how the hell can you predict WHAT ESO will bring..community or otherwise? People need to quit drinking the kool aid..it only damages the game

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Honestly cut the hyperbole..and how the hell can you predict WHAT ESO will bring..community or otherwise? People need to quit drinking the kool aid..it only damages the game

You’re right, no one can know for sure what TESO will be like. But with that said, do you know what made the Elder Scroll series so good?

With the recent Oblivion and Skyrim (Morrowind as well actually), it’s immersion. I didn’t think the gameplay was actually that great, but how you involve yourself in the world, along with the size of it, was what made it great. That’s just half of it. Following that, the other half the game was mods.

That’s right, mods.

You can’t do that in an MMORPG.

(edited by Heijincks.9267)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Use the ideas here to real game content. I loved it!

in Super Adventure Box

Mitch.4781

Lol Exactly immersion…and when I see a bunch of 8 bit snakes running around in the open world in GW2..that takes me OUT of immersion. Do you see my point? Fair enough, keep the crappy event confined to the instance, but it bugs me it spilt over into the open world …..bah

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

The Box is just AMAZING! Love it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vawn.3041

Vawn.3041

When you first zone in from Rata sum, stand still and look at the sky. You will see Tetris pieces flying through the air. Nice touch!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Agreed, sweetest ‘seasonal’ so far, and an awesome piece of work – keep it coming !

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DonQ.4056

DonQ.4056

I think it’s great idea! A nice retro distraction from the norm. Rare to see this in typical MMO’s.

It would be even better if characters could enter other world(s) that are very old in retro RPG ‘black & white’ graphics style.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Holiday events are a major part of Guild Wars 1-2.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

This is nostalgically adorable. Great job ANet, so many people love it and it’s a refreshing break from our average gameplay. I hope to see more interesting events like this in the future. I only wish they put more skins in.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

I can see this being discontinued at the end of this month, but make people pay for the add-on if they wish to keep playing it. i’m not sure on how much it should be priced, but if people want to keep playing it i’m sure they are willing to pay for it. that would provide some income to pay the devs to keep adding content to the s.a.b. game.

edit- i can also see anet charging gems for each new world that is added in the game…purchased through the bltc.

[Agg] ression

(edited by mekkanic.4759)