Things to improve

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I love the Super Adventure Box, I think it is a great idea, and well executed. But I did want to offer a bit of constructive criticism on how some parts of it could be improved.

It would help a lot if the achievement for collecting every Baubel in a stage, tracked them as you collected them. Right now its always stuck on 0%, and jumps to 100% after collecting them all. It would help if we could see how many Baubels were left in a stage.

Some jumps, especially the one in World 1 Stage 1 (the secret cave behind the waterfall) are too tight. They are barely doable, even with a running jump. And with the camera backed in a corner like that, that jump is way harder to make than it should be. Please make this jump a bit easier. I am of course talking about the jump that comes after the two jets of water. Try and not make jumps that are exactly at the maximum jump distance.

There are various platforms in Super Adventure Box that the character can barely stand on, and that are attached to a wall. When ever the character is this close to a wall, the camera goes nuts! Please try and give platforms an average width, and not make them as thin as a needle.

While we’re at it, fix that camera please. When ever it is too close to the ground, or any object comes in between it and the player, it goes insane. It bounces back and forth constantly, and that’s very nauseating. And it makes platforming way harder than it needs to be.

The big slam attack of the Frog boss is nearly impossible to dodge, which is very frustrating. Even when you know its coming, it still hits you as you dodge-roll. I think this could be made a bit easier.

Fix the targeting! It is really hard to select the frog boss, or the necklace. And if the wrong one is selected, your character will throw every gem into the ground!

Targeting the boss is really hard, due to the targeting system still being broken. Selecting just the necklace of the boss for example, is near impossible to do during combat.

Make cinematics skippable please.

The bombs that monkeys throw, sometimes still hit you, after you dodged them.

If you fall to your death in a pitfall, it will sometimes respawn you in a spot that instantly drops you into the pit again, thus robbing you of two lives at once.

Please provide a quick way for people to rejoin the final boss battle after using a continue coin.

The bee queens aren’t much of a threat, due to the fact that they can be stun-locked so easily with the whip.

It would be nice if it made a difference where you used the shovel. Now it just seems to randomly drop Baubels or bunnies. There is no difference between Baubel rich and Baubel depleted areas. I’m not sure if such a mechanic is possible, but I wanted to suggest it none the less.

Waiting for a character to stop talking, before being able to use their services, is a bit annoying. This mostly applies to Moto when you want to hand him your coin.

Please don’t make us whip a turtle or crocodile from a sinking lily pad in hazardous water. Those things sink instantly, which means we sacrifice health to hit the kitten animal.

EDIT: I removed the one regarding the shovel, people were right! I found a spot where it works today! Also added a few new suggestions below:

Allow us to smash pots and furniture by hitting them, instead of picking them up.

I miss snakes and monkeys far too often, even when I’m straight in front of them. make the stick hit in a wider arch to prevent this.

Make weapons such as the whip activate faster. The wind up animation to the actual hit takes too long.

Make the catapult shoot at your selected target, instead of straight ahead.

Allow us to instantly pick up baubels that spawn on top of our characters. Its annoying having to move back and forth for every pot you smash, and every enemy you kill.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

Just to fix few of your assumptions, or at least, to give counter opinions.

1 There are hidden spots that grant nice amount of baubels when dug – it’s not entirely random. You just find the secret locations! (I know 2 of them in map 1-2, first gives 2×20 and second one, iirc, 2×10)

2 Hard jumps are made hard to be hard? Especially when they’re in hidden rooms.

3 Dodge Frog King..? Why, my good friend, would you do that? Just jump away from his range to the safe spot. I’m sure you’ll find them. They’re really visible.

(4 Bauble tracking? That’d have to reset every time you re-enter instance. Also, just for you to know, you won’t be told wether or not you’ve all of them gathered prior slaughtering the boss! Makes it bit harder – but more so rewarding. Ofcourse you can choose to cheat.)

(5 I didn’t have any problems with camera, but then again, I use mouse to rotate camera. I also tried every race for this.)

6 Frog King’s amulet cannot be damaged in all phases, that much I’m certain.

Skipping and speeding up moto, guess that’d save 1 minute from my speedruns. After all, it takes some 90 seconds between entering SAB from Rata sum and actually starting gaming (in lv1-1).

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Just to fix few of your assumptions, or at least, to give counter opinions.

1 There are hidden spots that grant nice amount of baubels when dug – it’s not entirely random. You just find the secret locations! (I know 2 of them in map 1-2, first gives 2×20 and second one, iirc, 2×10)

I got the impression that it was just totally random. But I could be wrong of course.

2 Hard jumps are made hard to be hard? Especially when they’re in hidden rooms.

My issue isn’t the difficulty, it can be hard, but his jump is actually beyond what the player can normally jump with a running jump.

(4 Bauble tracking? That’d have to reset every time you re-enter instance. Also, just for you to know, you won’t be told wether or not you’ve all of them gathered prior slaughtering the boss! Makes it bit harder – but more so rewarding. Ofcourse you can choose to cheat.)

It feels disappointing when you realize there’s one you didn’t find, and have to do it all over again. Having the achievement track your progress, would be more convenient.

(5 I didn’t have any problems with camera, but then again, I use mouse to rotate camera. I also tried every race for this.)

I also use the mouse, but anyone who uses the mouse for camera rotation can probably confirm how awful it gets close to walls and other objects. It becomes really hard to see anything, the camera just spazzes out.

6 Frog King’s amulet cannot be damaged in all phases, that much I’m certain.

But it can be targeted. In fact, you’re supposed to, to make him drop gems.

Skipping and speeding up moto, guess that’d save 1 minute from my speedruns. After all, it takes some 90 seconds between entering SAB from Rata sum and actually starting gaming (in lv1-1).

The thing is, you have to sit it out every time you do it. I’m not a speedrunner, but every time I enter the instance I feel a bit annoyed that there is this delay, when there needn’t be one.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

The only thing I want changed is the timer when breaking the cage/defeating the last boss. I’d like to recommend the fractile ‘move on?’ dialogue instead… I have had two guildies so far fail to get all the stuff out of the chest due to getting killed/knocked down by the boss. It seems unneeded to make this a timed thing.

The rest works for me, even if parts of it are very difficult for me

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Articluna.4509

Dissapointing when you realize you missed one? I spent 6 hours to get all those maps right. Maybe that just means you wanted it more casual, easier, without challenge and so forth. Guess that’s ok too, but I personally like it way it is. Made succeeding actually feel like it means something. Made it feel like succeeding like on games of old days instead of all carebear stuff you’ll find nowadays. ^^ This is where we differ. And a lot of your arguments are more on lines “it’s so hard this way” where I prefer this difficulty.

More from Frog King’s amulet; Autotargeting is golden there – up to you if you don’t want to use it. I forgot to point this out first time around.

And I did write that you cannot damage amulet in all phases. I also did check it too, you cannot target it either in all phases. Just because you can and are supposed to target and damage it while he kicks with his left/right kick doesn’t mean you can target and damage the amulet while he does big jump nor while he turns his head before big attack. You just failed to understand boss mechanic and his phases, that’s ok, – but you’ll get it with practise.

And the waterfall jump is doable, trust me. All you have to do is know when to jump – and that’s not too early. In fact, there is various jumps you’ve to jump “almost too late”, because this’ll make jump longer. On other side of coin, jump is not as high and you’ll find at least one jump in world 1-1 where you’d fail if waited to maxium distance prior jumping. With little practise, you’ll learn the timing.

Have fun, don’t feel insulted. I’d love to correct you more in SAB (or at least disagree), but it’d end up sounding bitter, so I’ll let you to find the answers yourself. It’ll feel more rewarding, if/when you find them. I like SAB, wish there were more of it.

Outsource rng → profit.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

More from Frog King’s amulet; Autotargeting is golden there – up to you if you don’t want to use it. I forgot to point this out first time around.

No its not, and that’s exactly the point. Auto targeting fails all the time. Today I couldn’t throw the gems into the mouth of the frog, because it kept auto selecting the amulet, and thus throwing the gem into the ground (and costing me countless lives in the process).

And I did write that you cannot damage amulet in all phases. I also did check it too, you cannot target it either in all phases. Just because you can and are supposed to target and damage it while he kicks with his left/right kick doesn’t mean you can target and damage the amulet while he does big jump nor while he turns his head before big attack. You just failed to understand boss mechanic and his phases, that’s ok, – but you’ll get it with practise.

You’re wrong, I understand the boss exactly. I know what I need to do, but it often doesn’t work due to the targeting malfunctioning. To give you an example:

I get a gem, wait for him to open his mouth, and throw it as he opens it… and the game auto targets the amulet, and the gem is thrown into the ground. Frog does its tongue attack, and I’m dead.

I turn off auto targeting. I get a gem, and wait for him to open his mouth. I click the boss, and it selects the amulet, selects it again, selects it again, mouth closes, tongue attack. ARGH!

Targeting is broken!

And the waterfall jump is doable, trust me. All you have to do is know when to jump – and that’s not too early. In fact, there is various jumps you’ve to jump “almost too late”, because this’ll make jump longer. On other side of coin, jump is not as high and you’ll find at least one jump in world 1-1 where you’d fail if waited to maxium distance prior jumping. With little practise, you’ll learn the timing.

I didn’t say it was not doable. There are plenty of jumps in the game that you can make, when you really shouldn’t. This jump requires you to take a few steps in mid air before jumping, and even then you barely made it. I measured it, its too far for a normal running jump. If you jump exactly from the edge of the platform, you can’t make that jump. And that’s not a hard jump, that’s a badly set up jump, with a tight area that leaves no room for the camera to properly show you the jump.

Have fun, don’t feel insulted. I’d love to correct you more in SAB (or at least disagree), but it’d end up sounding bitter, so I’ll let you to find the answers yourself. It’ll feel more rewarding, if/when you find them. I like SAB, wish there were more of it.

Oh its perfectly fine, your comments about the shovel were entirely correct, I just hadn’t seen the shovel discover something yet.

But I’m not really asking the game to be made easier, but for frustrating technical aspects to be fixed. Not having the camera in tight spaces where it doesn’t work. Not forcing players to jump on platforms that are too thin for hit detection to function properly (your character shouldn’t be sliding off the platforms he’s supposed to jump on).

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

The tongue thing is the only thing that bothers me cuse you cant even dodge it at all XD

Another thing that frustrates the living kittening kitten out of me is how bad targeting is on the frog, it continuously drops target and wont select ruby many of the times. The toads at back dont help but i think thats done on purpose.

(edited by Premium.4075)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Articluna.4509

..? So running and jumping, at the exact moment, is not normal running jump? I actually thought you really had to use dodgeflipjump or something to succeed, but you’re just talking about bad timing..

I still have to disagree with your problems on Frog King. You can ask a guildie to join you to create party (no need to be inside with you) so you can use call target function to help seeing how targeting phases go.

Only managed to aim the amulet during certain phases that I could aim it earlier as well, only could target to frog king in certain phases I could aim earlier as well – and that was by using called target – also tried to remove autotargeting feature and mouse target without any luck at all. Only even remotely close to what you describe, that I managed to replicate, was that you can aim amulet shortly when he starts his “let’s open mouth soon!” animation – and that was if he used left/right stop before – not if he used big stomp. During open mouth, however, cannot aim.

Hence, by wasting that hour, I came to conlclusion that at least I cannot target amulet during open mouth phase thus I cannot blame amulet for failed throw. IF such behaviour happens, then you should file bug report and think how it’ll be possible to replicate it. I didn’t manage, and trust me, I tried.

Even further more, his tongue attack is easily dodged. I don’t see the problem? After he closes his mouth, he’ll turn his head – that’s the moment when you’ve to dodge. It’ll work, but maybe you’ve to practise it few times.

Telling me you understand boss exactly, yet forcing me to (so far) a) tell that you can use safe spot b) tell how to time your dodge for tongue attack. -_- I’m out, no idea why I even tried.

Outsource rng → profit.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My thoughts:

1. “It would help a lot if the achievement for collecting every Baubel in a stage, tracked them as you collected them. Right now its always stuck on 0%, and jumps to 100% after collecting them all. It would help if we could see how many Baubels were left in a stage.”

Agree with this. I used a guide to find them all, but I can see why it would be frustrating for people who like to do it themselves.

2. “Some jumps, especially the one in World 1 Stage 1 (the secret cave behind the waterfall) are too tight. They are barely doable, even with a running jump. And with the camera backed in a corner like that, that jump is way harder to make than it should be. Please make this jump a bit easier. I am of course talking about the jump that comes after the two jets of water. Try and not make jumps that are exactly at the maximum jump distance.”

This is one of the jumps where you actually need to jump right as you’re about to fall off the edge of the platform (another one is that killer jump with the 3 Baubles that always gets a few players). It’s annoying, but once you figure out which jumps are the problem ones, you can make it every time with no issue.

3. “While we’re at it, fix that camera please. When ever it is too close to the ground, or any object comes in between it and the player, it goes insane. It bounces back and forth constantly, and that’s very nauseating. And it makes platforming way harder than it needs to be.”

Totally agreed. This problem is especially aggravating on larger characters like Norn and Charr.

4. “The big slam attack of the Frog boss is nearly impossible to dodge, which is very frustrating. Even when you know its coming, it still hits you as you dodge-roll. I think this could be made a bit easier.”

You’re not supposed to be standing near King Toad when he’s stomping. Ideally, you run in and hit his amulet, grab a jewel shard, then retreat back to the stone platforms to wait until his tongue attack. You may get hit a few times, but that’s what health potions are for.

If you have a coordinated group, you can have one player standing back as spotter and shouting out which direction he’s going to stomp next. This can make it easier for those in the center to know where to run to.

5. “Fix the targeting! It is really hard to select the frog boss, or the necklace. And if the wrong one is selected, your character will throw every gem into the ground!”

Targeting has always been wonky in GW2, so totally agreed. I usually manually click on the boss himself before throwing the jewel, just to be on the safe side.

6. “Make cinematics skippable please.”

Agreed. The intro cinematic was cute the first 5 or 6 times, but when I’m solo’ing the zone for Bubbles or achievements, I’d like to be able to skip it. Let players who want to watch the cinematic do so, but don’t hold up the others.

7. “Please provide a quick way for people to rejoin the final boss battle after using a continue coin.”

Don’t they respawn back at the last checkpoint, which is right before the boss room?

8. “The bee queens aren’t much of a threat, due to the fact that they can be stun-locked so easily with the whip.”

They’re laughably easy with a group, but I think that’s a good thing because it promotes cooperation. It’s not so easy when you’re solo’ing because the animation delay between using the whip and attacking with the stick is so long that the boss has a chance to come out of the stun and hit you.

9. “Waiting for a character to stop talking, before being able to use their services, is a bit annoying. This mostly applies to Moto when you want to hand him your coin.”

Agreed.

10. “Please don’t make us whip a turtle or crocodile from a sinking lily pad in hazardous water. Those things sink instantly, which means we sacrifice health to hit the kitten animal.”

Agreed, and I even know the exact spot you’re talking about. Now I just sacrifice a Bauble and toss a bomb down to hit the croc from safety.

11. “Allow us to smash pots and furniture by hitting them, instead of picking them up.”

Agreed that this should be an option. Maybe in a future update when we get a more sturdy weapon option like a hammer, as I think it’d be rather hard to smash pots or tables with a stick.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The tongue thing is the only thing that bothers me cuse you cant even dodge it at all XD

Another thing that frustrates the living kittening kitten out of me is how bad targeting is on the frog, it continuously drops target and wont select ruby many of the times. The toads at back dont help but i think thats done on purpose.

You can dodge the tongue and don’t have to target the ruby. Just whack away.

See 8:15

Also I agree. I dislike the maximum length jumps. I enjoyed jumping in the clock tower and the winter’s day one because they gave you a bit of leeway.

Not that I’m saying there should be no maximum length jumps. Just not as frequently as they are now. Limit it to perhaps one per level.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Make cinematics skippable please.

Waiting for a character to stop talking, before being able to use their services, is a bit annoying. This mostly applies to Moto when you want to hand him your coin.

Allow us to instantly pick up baubels that spawn on top of our characters. Its annoying having to move back and forth for every pot you smash, and every enemy you kill.

All of these have been on my nitpick list. It takes almost a full minute and a half to even get started in zone 1 between having to wait for Moto’s intro speech + the intro cinematic.

Here are a couple of my suggestions:

1. Add Bauble Bubbles to the shopkeepers inside SAB. It’s really inconvenient to have to zone out and buy them from Moto every time you hit the cap, especially since when you zone back in you have to start from the beginning of the level.
  2. I would like to see SAB progress account wide, particularly when it comes to the upgrades (shovel, whip, etc.).

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

..? So running and jumping, at the exact moment, is not normal running jump? I actually thought you really had to use dodgeflipjump or something to succeed, but you’re just talking about bad timing..

Jumping “at the exact moment” in this case, it taking a walk in mid air a few steps, and then jumping. Its a bug, and you’re not even supposed to jump that way. You’re also not supposed to dodge roll off the platform and then jump. Those are both ways to artificially get beyond the jump limit. No one can make that jump unless they do a bug-jump, and no jump should be set up that way. There needs to be some leeway.

I still have to disagree with your problems on Frog King. You can ask a guildie to join you to create party (no need to be inside with you) so you can use call target function to help seeing how targeting phases go.

That’s dumb! They need to fix the targeting!

Telling me you understand boss exactly, yet forcing me to (so far) a) tell that you can use safe spot b) tell how to time your dodge for tongue attack. -_- I’m out, no idea why I even tried.

I know there is a safe spot, and another user complained about the tongue attack, that wasn’t me. I think you should be able to dodge the slam attack, I don’t like undodgable attacks.

Don’t they respawn back at the last checkpoint, which is right before the boss room?

No they don’t. After using a continue coin, players often spawn at the start of zone 3, and then they have to commit suicide to spawn back at the boss room (or run through the whole level again).

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Articluna.4509

Getting hard to read you man.

You say, that perfect timing jump is a bug and not proper running jump. Yet, game forces you to do it once (in normal mode, after last checkpoint in 1-1) and it’s encouraged to do on hidden, difficult area. This should lead to conclusion that it’s a feature, not bug, and something you’re supposed to master to try master SAB.

Then you complain that targeting system doesn’t work. You say that you’ve wrong target (amulet or king) when you should have other of those too. I tell you that you cannot have wrong target and suggest you to use call target feature to see and test it this yourself. Instead you call this (testing, to show you’re wrong) dumb and continue demanding them to fix targeting. Targeting, that is working properly just btw.

Amulet can be damaged in phases where you’re supposed to damage it (left stomp, right stomp) and it’s immune in other phases (lick, eating, big stomp – with exception that you can target it in eating phase’s beginning, if eating follows left or right stomp and not big stomp.)

Frog King can be targeted in eating phase, and damaged afterwards in smashing phase. Autotarget works perfectly. Please, don’t call something I offer you to help to see that you’re wrong, a dumb thing before you at least try comprehend what I actually said; Please – try use call target function to see, that what you complained, cannot really happen. If you still manage to do this, please video it and I’ll write a letter of apology.

Then, to my great surprise as well, you continue telling how you understand boss mechanics exactly. Yet, against those mechanics, you want to dodge instead of using safe spot (the boss tactic that’s supposed to be used, the one I mentioned in my first post and the one you ignored untill now).
You want to dodge agony in Fractal Maw @ 50 as well? Instead of using proper tactic (Agony resistance) and then suggest to change it when dodging doesn’t work? This can be forgiven, I guess, because you cleary now stated that you don’t like undodgable attacks. You think undodgeable attacks shouldn’t exist. It’s ok to have opinion, we all have them. Just don’t say along lines “it’s frustrating that I cannot dodge something, that I know is coming, because I’m too lazy to jump three jumps to safe zone when I’ve time to do it twice” without at least mentioning that you know this being against the “how it’s supposed to be done” in first place. You just sounded like “I don’t know how to do this” instead of “I know how to do this, but I want to do it against the way it’s supposed to be done”. Same stands for “I failed to feed him jewel and I died because he made tongue attack”. Why don’t just say “I failed to feed him jewel, and I died when he made tongue attack because I failed to make dodge in time” if that’s what you meant. You sounded, once again, like you don’t know how to do it at all instead of knowing how to do it, and still doing against that on your own free will.

You’re entitled to your opinions, but because you fail to give good arguments without loop holes, your opinions sound more of complaining of someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing. Like people crying that they die on Lupicus’s aoe circles even if they’re not inside the circles when they’re in fact killed by projectiles aiming to circles behind them.

For easily rejoining bossfight – I presume that’s done (also) to prevent speed farming. With team of 6-7 you could have one or two running map and others just joining in in last 15 seconds for chest. This’d drop speedfarming from 5~minutes per level to 1 minute per level. Sure, it still can be done – but it ain’t that easy. Requires coordinated team. =)

You wanted to say that you don’t like the way it’s done, guess that’s ok. (Jumping, safe spot, dodging) It’s just your opinion. You say target system is kittened up between frog and his amulet, I tell you to test and see that it ain’t kittened up and give your means to do so, you either test and give opposite proof or admit that maybe I was right on it. You just don’t tell it’s dumb – that’s too easy solution to forgive.

Meh, too much time spend here. It’s just bit hard for me to not reply – part of my silly human nature and personal preferences. I like it hard and the way it is, you prefer easier solutions. Were you to be troll, I’d be trolled bad.

Outsource rng → profit.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Some jumps, especially the one in World 1 Stage 1 (the secret cave behind the waterfall) are too tight. They are barely doable, even with a running jump. And with the camera backed in a corner like that, that jump is way harder to make than it should be. Please make this jump a bit easier. I am of course talking about the jump that comes after the two jets of water. Try and not make jumps that are exactly at the maximum jump distance

That jump and a few like it are only required for 100% completion, which should be hard.

Also, it’s easily possible using the magical powers of dodge jumping – jump then immediately press the dodge key, and you’ll get the added speed of the dodge during the jump. Some of the jumps that otherwise feel like they need “perfect” timing have quite a bit of leeway with a dodge jump (and dodge jumps are actually mentioned as something you might need to learn in the FAQ for the box)

The big slam attack of the Frog boss is nearly impossible to dodge, which is very frustrating. Even when you know its coming, it still hits you as you dodge-roll. I think this could be made a bit easier.

Just run out to the small lily pads when he’s preparing for it, and hop on one of the rocks. The boss has very simple tells for all his attacks.
1) Makes a noise, then raises one leg and stomps – dodge to the lily pad opposite that leg or run out to the smaller pads/rocks
2) Makes a noise, bounces slightly, then jumps and stomps – run out to the smaller pads/rocks
3) Shakes his head from side to side, opens his mouth for a few seconds, turns his head briefly and then licks – start dodging the moment he turns his head

All of his attacks can be avoided, and only the lick requires a dodge roll at all.

Fix the targeting! It is really hard to select the frog boss, or the necklace. And if the wrong one is selected, your character will throw every gem into the ground!

1) Auto-targeting
2) Aforementioned autotargeting can only target the boss during the phase that you’re supposed to throw the jewel, it won’t get caught on his necklace.

The bee queens aren’t much of a threat, due to the fact that they can be stun-locked so easily with the whip.

Nothing in this is much of a threat when you know how to deal with it, and that’s exactly how it’s designed. Bee Dog Queens are also tremendously easy to range to death with bombs or the slingshot, too – the entire game ideology for SAB is “things get easier once you know how to do them”, and that goes for every single enemy, boss and jump.

Please don’t make us whip a turtle or crocodile from a sinking lily pad in hazardous water. Those things sink instantly, which means we sacrifice health to hit the kitten animal.

The trick at that spot is to attack the crocodile or turtle while in midair moving from one safe platform to another. The crocodile you have to pass on the lower route through the last section of Zone 3 can be jumped to from both lily pads – the trick is to hit him mid-jump between the second and third pad, and then jump to him. Most turtles you need to hit will eventually walk within melee range of a safe platform.

I generally agree with bugfixes and actual quality fixes such as allowing us to skip the dialog/cutscenes at the start, but everything I’ve mentioned isn’t a true issue

Also, camera fixes are incredibly unlikely – it’s been mentioned many times that the original JPs were designed with a camera that freely clips through walls, but the WvW and PvP teams needed the camera to not do that to prevent cheating via positioning a camera to look through walls. Programming a new camera mode just for jump puzzles probably isn’t high on the priority list – and keeping us from seeing through walls actually hides one or two secret spots in this puzzle, too.

That said, there aren’t any spots outside of secret rooms where the camera doesn’t zoom out properly some angle (directly downwards helps a lot in precision jumps), and I think the waterfall room in zone 1 has a high enough ceiling anyways. Sometimes there’s a better camera angle to use.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

It would help a lot if the achievement for collecting every Baubel in a stage, tracked them as you collected them. Right now its always stuck on 0%, and jumps to 100% after collecting them all. It would help if we could see how many Baubels were left in a stage.

There should not be a “5/30 baubles collected” indicator because it makes it way too easy to get the achievement. If you can’t even do it with guides from other people you don’t deserve to succeed. You’re already forced to do zones several times anyway because you need a bomb for hidden rooms, enough time to learn the map.

Some jumps are too tight. Please make this jump a bit easier. I am of course talking about the jump that comes after the two jets of water. Try and not make jumps that are exactly at the maximum jump distance.

Get on the 2nd water stream, jump to the left platform instead of the right.

It’s fine as it is, if you happen to miss the ruby or just not throw any, you already know he is going to do that attack. Just need the right timing.

I had it occur once that I selected a normal toad in the background and threw it to it but overall it’s really not that big of an issue. Just swing your stick and you’ll hit the ruby and when he looks around before the mouth animation starts you can click him most of the time.

From my view the only thing to “improve” or remove actually would be the whip’s ability to take baubles out of locked chests with no use of the key. I haven’t encountered any camera problems yet besides the zoomed out-lock one. I can’t say there’s any really difficult parts for me but that’s probably because I am the guy that collected 60+ continue coins even before the event was announced. o_= The more challenge, the better. This all regarding World 1, I assume the high bridge part of the world 2 preview is unfinished, so it looks empty.

And maybe the infantile mode, I think it lacks a bit. Unless it really is just supposed to skip jumpy bits. I think it’s a nice opportunity to teach people the game a bit. Instead of having a gap with a cloud rainbow, you’d fill the gap (but still have a hole) so players don’t die but can at least try and press their spacebar. Or you could make a completely different “practice area” that you access through the hub at the start, like a sort of bootcamp with signs of jump difficulty so people can choose what to practice o_O maybe have some reaction time things in there, dodge practice for king toad lovers.. Don’t know if you (reader of this) ever played Tomb Raider, the old pixelated one from 1996? There was a jumping arena around and inside the house. http://youtu.be/r4EXIPiKBGY?t=1m33s Ah, those were the good days ^^

Nothing in this is much of a threat when you know how to deal with it, and that’s exactly how it’s designed. Bee Dog Queens are also tremendously easy to range to death with bombs or the slingshot, too – the entire game ideology for SAB is “things get easier once you know how to do them”, and that goes for every single enemy, boss and jump.

QFT

Location, location, location.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Bee Dog Queens are trivialized if you do a 2-1 combo of stick and whip.

whip-stick-stick-whip-stick-stick…and so on.

Takes longer to kill but you never have to move.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Ah, almost forgot.

The bonus round, with the minecart.
Even when you don’t touch it at all, it has the same outcome. Would be nice if something different happened if you let it intact.

Location, location, location.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

CMF.5461

good call unknown, I left it alone once to see if he would reward you for not damaging his car. Or at least say something different. No change of course =(

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

There are no required max-length jumps in normal mode. I’m assuming the max length jump after the second-to-last checkpoint you’re talking about in world 1-1 is the baubles over the pit. This can be bypassed by jumping to the platform to the right instead. This is the only max length jump in all of SAB, as a max length jump is a dodge-roll jump which will get you slightly farther than a normal one (I’m expecting to see these more in hard mode)

Crocs can be attacked while jumping to them. Just start swinging as soon as you land on the lilypad and continue jumping as normal. It doesn’t work for turtles though due to the short moment it takes them to turn into a platform, but there are no turtles you need to jump on immediately.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

There are no required max-length jumps in normal mode. I’m assuming the max length jump after the second-to-last checkpoint you’re talking about in world 1-1 is the baubles over the pit. This can be bypassed by jumping to the platform to the right instead. This is the only max length jump in all of SAB, as a max length jump is a dodge-roll jump which will get you slightly farther than a normal one (I’m expecting to see these more in hard mode)
[snip]

Wait, are you implying that the jump in world 1-1 for the baubles over the pit has to be made using a dodge-roll jump? If so, let me inform you that you are incorrect.

I’ve made that jump normally (in fact I’ve made all jumps in the all the zones normally)

You can run off the very edge, even a little bit beyond the edge. Even if it looks like you’re falling for a fraction of a second (by this time your thumb should be on its way down on the space key), you can still jump normally and make that jump. Takes some practice, but I suspect its much easier than that the dodge-roll jumps.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

Huh, i’ve only ever done it via dodge roll jumping, but if you can do it without all the more power to you. Personally dodge roll jumping isn’t that hard to practice and learn though, you can practice it every time you have stamina while running somewhere after all.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Yeah I have done that jump as a normal jump. I’ve also fallen to my death a number of times on it.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I tell you that you cannot have wrong target and suggest you to use call target feature to see and test it this yourself. Instead you call this (testing, to show you’re wrong) dumb and continue demanding them to fix targeting. Targeting, that is working properly just btw.

No, what you are saying is that I am required to add a second party member, so I can use call-target, even while I’m playing in single player. I’m calling this a dumb solution to the problem. Because the auto targeting shouldn’t be broken to begin with. Why should the player bend over backwards to be able to properly select the boss?

Targeting is not working properly. It has NEVER worked properly since release. There are a ton of threads on this forum regarding the broken targeting system!

Your claim that I cannot have a wrong target is FALSE. During the eating phase, you can have the amulet selected (I’ve had auto target select this on many occasions), and you will NOT hit the frog with your gems while this is the case. And it is a well known problem of the game, that large enemies are hard to select. So you could be clicking for your dear life on that huge frog boss, and you would still be unable to properly select the boss.

with exception that you can target it in eating phase’s beginning,

-Which is exactly the problem. Auto target sometimes selects the amulet during this moment, when you are about to throw the gem. And thus the gem misses, and the tongue hits, and you lose a life (even though you tossed the gem).

Autotarget works perfectly.

Are you trolling? Maybe you should do a quick search on auto-targeting on this forum and then come back.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Byron Miller

Byron Miller

Game Designer

Next

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Your posts help us to accurately gauge how the community is responding to the content, and we will absolutely take your suggestions to heart for any future updates to the Box.

Have a Super Adventure Day!

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I love it when Devs acknowledge feedback.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Boolet.2968

Boolet.2968

I tell you that you cannot have wrong target and suggest you to use call target feature to see and test it this yourself. Instead you call this (testing, to show you’re wrong) dumb and continue demanding them to fix targeting. Targeting, that is working properly just btw.

No, what you are saying is that I am required to add a second party member, so I can use call-target, even while I’m playing in single player. I’m calling this a dumb solution to the problem. Because the auto targeting shouldn’t be broken to begin with. Why should the player bend over backwards to be able to properly select the boss?

Targeting is not working properly. It has NEVER worked properly since release. There are a ton of threads on this forum regarding the broken targeting system!

Your claim that I cannot have a wrong target is FALSE. During the eating phase, you can have the amulet selected (I’ve had auto target select this on many occasions), and you will NOT hit the frog with your gems while this is the case. And it is a well known problem of the game, that large enemies are hard to select. So you could be clicking for your dear life on that huge frog boss, and you would still be unable to properly select the boss.

with exception that you can target it in eating phase’s beginning,

-Which is exactly the problem. Auto target sometimes selects the amulet during this moment, when you are about to throw the gem. And thus the gem misses, and the tongue hits, and you lose a life (even though you tossed the gem).

Autotarget works perfectly.

Are you trolling? Maybe you should do a quick search on auto-targeting on this forum and then come back.

Personally, I suggest that you simply disable auto-target, just like I’ve always suggested to disable double-tap to evade. I’ve had both disabled since launch, and haven’t looked back.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Lane.3410

Okay, after having spent 3 hours trying to get the bauble achievement in zone 3 I’m definitely going to suggest that there either:

1. Needs to be some kind of 000/000 bauble counter for each zone or:
  2. Need to have the achievement not dependent upon a boss kill. Since there’s no way to go back and figure out what you missed you may miss it again next time.

(edited by Lane.3410)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Boolet.2968

Okay, after having spent 3 hours trying to get the bauble achievement in zone 3 I’m definitely going to suggest that there either:

1. Needs to be some kind of 000/000 bauble counter for each zone or:
  2. Need to have the achievement not dependent upon a boss kill. Since there’s no way to go back and figure out what you missed you may miss it again next time.

As someone who completed all SAB achievements, I WAS going to try and help you, but you wouldn’t respond to whispers. :P No cookies for you.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Lane.3410

As someone who completed all SAB achievements, I WAS going to try and help you, but you wouldn’t respond to whispers. :P No cookies for you.

Cause I was alt-tabbed forum reading/posting! I also got snacks. :P

I don’t have it in me to try again right away anyway, 3 hours in one zone for one achievement has wiped me out for the day. x_x

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Boolet.2968

Cause I was alt-tabbed forum reading/posting! I also got snacks. :P

I don’t have it in me to try again right away anyway, 3 hours in one zone for one achievement has wiped me out for the day. x_x

Y’know you’re probably just missing the one bobble I missed. Just saying. I had trouble with all 3 zones, ended up missing 1 bobble in zone 1, 1 in zone 2, and 1 in zone 3 after arduous amounts of searching.

I’ll give you a hint. It’s behind the speed boost powerups.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Lane.3410

I got Z1 & Z2 without any trouble. As for Z3, I’m going to blame the guide I was following. It was very inefficient and confusing.

Unfortunately, you don’t even know you’ve missed anything until it’s too late since the achievement requires killing the final boss.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

I feel the shovel is a bit unforgiving. I recently found a thread with about 8 spots mentioned and 6 of them were spots i had tried digging 4-5 times and given up on.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

While you’re in their making improvements please don’t do anything extra to detract from it’s current allure e.g. keep it
- Soloable
- Littered with achievements and secrets
- Simple
- Instanced
- Character Bound and worth repeating

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: BvzSA.4509

BvzSA.4509

My two cents’ worth.

The jumping mushrooms are giving me a headache. Their collisions detection (or something) is a bit screwy, so the game isn’t entirely sure where exactly I am. Midair relocations do not make for a pleasant jumping experience =P
(Disclaimer: I’m not lagging enough to justify it. Also, another mate is having similar difficulties.)

With regards to targeting the toad, I’ve never really had a problem.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Boolet.2968

Honestly, I feel that the AoE limit could be raised, so long as diminishing returns were applied similar to warrior’s “Crack Shot” Trait.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Your posts help us to accurately gauge how the community is responding to the content, and we will absolutely take your suggestions to heart for any future updates to the Box.

Have a Super Adventure Day!

Its a pleasure to provide feed back, and thanks, I’m glad its useful. Don’t let the critiques distract from the fact that we really enjoy the Super Adventure Box. Its awesome.

Some other suggestions for improvements:

Jumping toadstools are sometimes a bit tricky to jump on. Especially when they’re elevated far enough from the ground that you can’t reach them by just an inch. I prefer them lower to the ground, because I often find myself backtracking to them, and if you have to retry the same jump a few times, the hassle with one toadstool along the way is a bit annoying.

Hitting enemies is sometimes a bit buggy. I find myself often missing a foe with either the whip or the stick (the delay of the whip doesn’t help), even when they are in reach and right in front of me. I don’t know why it misses so often. But its often the difference between hitting a foe, and that foe hitting you. Because whoever strikes first, wins.

The raft at the end was a great idea. Would it be possible to also have more moving platforms in the other platforming sections, like in Mario?

I’d love to see more tributes to Castlevania and Megaman in future Super Adventure Box levels. Maybe a castle or a space level would be fun (if it can be worked into the theme).

A lot of the barrels are often in spots where they are not needed, and they drop power ups that are not very useful. It would be nice if the barrels were spread out more evenly, and if the effects they gave you lasted longer. If the barrels also randomly dropped baubels, we would have more reason to destroy them. Because I like the idea of breakable stuff that drops things.

It would be nice if the catapult and bombs didn’t have to be equipped first before using them. Why not simply use them as you press their icon? Now its a two click procedure: First you select the bomb, then you activate it again to throw it. Seems a bit redundant.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

The Super Adventure Box got me to play Guild Wars 2 for the first time since early December. It’s awesome!

However, I completed all of the content (including all achievements) and still have not earned anywhere near enough bauble bubbles to purchase a single weapon or backpack skin.

If I want something to commemorate my playing of SAB, I’ll have to grind for it.

Completing all the SAB achievements should bestow the player’s account with at least 40 bauble bubbles so players who demonstrated their mastery (of World 1) without an excessive time commitment can still get something.

Which reminds me, when are additional worlds coming?

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

(edited by Erebus Delirium.4892)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Lane.3410

However, I completed all of the content (including all achievements) and still have not earned anywhere near enough bauble bubbles to purchase a single weapon or backpack skin.

I’m 2 achievements short of having them all done, but I’d be in the same boat if I hadn’t been chest farming on my alts. So, I’m glad there are BoE skins (though none have ever dropped for me).

The 12.5k baubles needed per skin probably wouldn’t seem so bad if there were more worlds available. It just seems grindy because there’s only one world and one month to get it done.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Josh Foreman

Previous

Josh Foreman

Environment Design Specialist

Next

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. We do appreciate it. The vast majority of issues have to do with building a platform game in an MMO engine. We’ve been attacking as many of these problems as we can, and our programming genius, Dan, has really done some amazing things. But we still have a ways to go before we can get most of these quirks out of the system, and I suspect some of them will simply always be there. Some of them are conscious decisions, such as the way jumping works. We scaled everyone down to Asura size (more or less) which means your collision box extends past your feet a bit. The down side is that you can effectively float off of edges a bit, and this can make jumping seem a bit wonky at first. But honestly, you just get used to it. It’s like whenever I start playing Super Mario Bros. or Sonic after not playing them for a while they feel terrible, but after a little while you change your perception and start working WITH the system rather than against it. The reason we like the smaller size and feel that it’s worth the floatyness is that you FEEL like you are jumping much higher and further than you normally do. And that feel is VERY important in jumping games. So that’s a preference thing, and as such, some will like it and some won’t. We can’t please everyone. Same goes for jumping distances. I created a tool that I use that is basically a big measuring stick with a rainbow on it, so I have all the jumps color coded from easy blue to very hard red. I made the critical path never get above yellow in world 1. But optional secrets and such I used a couple reds.

The reason bombs and slingshot are swapped out is because those will have upgrades in future worlds that cost more to use, and we don’t want you to be forced to throw 10-bauble bombs to open a secret door. (The Super Finisher you can get for PvP is the explosion for the final bomb upgrade btw.)

The powerup barrel placement simply suffered from being too last-minute and Lisa and I never got coordinated enough to get them in proper useful spots. Top of my list for the next release.

I love the idea of a different outcome for NOT destroying the guy’s cart. I think we’ll have him tip you for keeping it safe.

No one on our team is having the problems listed here with the King Toad. I always click on his face to select him before I throw the shard and I’ve never had any problems. Also, in an attempt to to get that retro boss feel, I specifically designed the arena is such a way that you HAVE to use it. (unless you are really good at dodging) It’s got a couple safe spots. It even has a safe spot from the tongue in case you miss your window to choke him and are bad at dodging.

We’ll look into the shovel issue. None of us have experienced this problem, but I have seen a Youtube vid where someone dug twice on a spot that I know we put a treasure and they got nothing. So research is required.

Queen Bee Dog will go unwhippable.

I’m compiling a list, so if you feel like I didn’t address something that you brought up, let me know. Thanks all! I’m very comfedent that World 2 will be much better than 1 since we’ve learned so much, and we’ll be updating 1 as well.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

CMF.5461

Since this has turned into a feedback location that is getting attention, I wanted to mirror the thoughts I had in another post about this content.

I feel you have captured the “action oriented combat” in this little mini game very well as you based it down to its simplest form, old school games.

I would like to see more of this style of “avoid getting hit” style combat integrated to the rest of the game. Faster action, less auto attacking, and more thinking about enemy weaknesses and strengths.

(my original post if more discussion is wanted there in reference to combat)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab/SAB-Combat/first#post1758946

(edited by CMF.5461)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Previous

Josh Foreman

Next

Well that will be up to other teams whether they want to implement some SAB ideas and mechanics into their content. But a lot of our mechanics can only be done inside an instance with limited players, and our aesthetic is helpful for communicating some of those mechanics clearly as well. And the fact that everyone has the exact same skills! So it’s not like they can simply be copy/pasted from SAB into other content.

And I will say that all the designers I know DO want “Faster action, less auto attacking, and more thinking about enemy weaknesses and strengths.”

It’s just not as easy to pull off in an MMO as it is in other genres. I think we are making progress on this front. Compare fractals to our launch dungeons and you’ll see that. We are constantly striving to improve.

To sum up: Real GW2 has FAR greater challenges that make the simple, old-school mechanics of SAB much harder to do.

(edited by Josh Foreman.8250)

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

CMF.5461

Oh, I completely agree that progress has been made. I just wanted to give praise where it was needed and hope that positive feedback sparks more of the same, instead of just negative feedback.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Glitchfull.5826

Glitchfull.5826

Ok, I’m going to try my best to answer everything you have stated.’

The waterfall secret cave jump is fine. There is a trick called “Dodge Jump”, hit your jump key with your dodge key and you will do a mid air dodge which propels you farther than a normal jump. They even stated in the release notes that the trick exists, use it. Also, it’s not suppose to be easy. Hell, they had a hard mode before and want to re-add it in, at least from what it sounds like they want to.

It has already been agreed that keyboard turning (Using keys to turn your character) is an ineffective usage of the camera. Use the mouse to turn the camera. Don’t want the camera to reset after moving? There is an option in the settings to disable that too. Camera is fine, it is the user that is not learning it.

The object collision isn’t fixable. The one way is to make them phase through the object, which would result in using the camera to get unwanted angles on the are and get an advantage that isn’t needed. Also, user issue.

Honestly, the frog boss is easy to me and many others. Sit up on the waterfall and watch him and learn what he does. All three slams are avoidable by non-dodge methods and the tongue you can dodge with the right timing. Use that creativity to beat him.

Targeting is fine, you don’t need to target the necklace to hit it and it can’t be hit during certain phases, learn them. The mouth isn’t hard to target either, user issues. It’s not broken.

Agreed, cinematic are a bit long and un-needed.

The fruit isn’t meant to be dodged from what I am aware of. Just move to the side, not that hard.

Never had the pitfall death bug. If this is true, then it might need some attention.

I have died from no lives twice. Both on getting to the void run secret room. So can’t say much about that.

The queen bee isn’t suppose to be too hard. Though it is odd when you go from “Make this easy” to “This is too easy” rather it be too hard than too easy. It’s also meant to be more of a jumping puzzle thing, not a mob killing one.

The digger is odd, I only found one spot for baubles treasure. There is rumor to be bubbles hidden too. no idea where, but it makes it a bit epic when you find it by yourself. Why make the secrets obvious? Isn’t epic anymore, no story to go tell. (Though I’m one of the few that think the “Legendaries” in the game are not anything special. It should truly be that, one of legends. One that when I tell the story of getting it, people will respect or envy your skills, not the free time you had. I should feel like a boss when I get one, not like I just played farmville. Off topic tough)

I think they should just add more dialog that we can read and have an option to skip them. Would make things skip-able, but re-playable.

You can stick hit them and it’s not to hard. Just takes practice, making things easy won’t make you a better player and they shouldn’t care bear any aspects of the game that have a skill factor. Tutorials are fine, but don’t make the content easy.

The pot “Issue” even if you could call it that, isn’t really anything that needs a fix. -Looks to LoZ-

The missing is your issue, just get better. No care bear.

The animation speed is on purpose, why make it easier? So it is boring ? No, just get better at timing.

Don’t know what “catapult” your talking about.

Bauble pick up? Come on, now your just being lazy. Well, even more.

To sum it all up, you just need to practice. There is no reason beyond “I’m too lazy” for them to make it easier. I think it should be way harder than it is.

What I think they should do?

1. Much more difficulty levels that range to insane (May be working on it)

2. More levels (Working on it)

3. Leader boards for each separate difficulty.

4. In-game timer to tie into it with a point system for high scores. Damage taken/Done, time, bauble collection being factors.

5. Special items soley for only the few that can master the most difficult and do it with the most points.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Some jumps, especially the one in World 1 Stage 1 (the secret cave behind the waterfall) are too tight. They are barely doable, even with a running jump. And with the camera backed in a corner like that, that jump is way harder to make than it should be. Please make this jump a bit easier. I am of course talking about the jump that comes after the two jets of water. Try and not make jumps that are exactly at the maximum jump distance.

Surprised no one else has mentioned this yet. There’s an easier way to do that jump in the hidden waterfall cave. Rather than trying the max distance jump that you describe, try jumping straight to the ledge you want to access from the second waterspout. It’s a much easier jump to make!

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Surprised no one else has mentioned this yet. There’s an easier way to do that jump in the hidden waterfall cave. Rather than trying the max distance jump that you describe, try jumping straight to the ledge you want to access from the second waterspout. It’s a much easier jump to make!

I was about to spout this off actually, the only hard jump to land in the entire SAB is the one with 3 baubles in the air in zone 1. I didn’t remember having to do a dodge jump in the secret room of zone 1, and this was why.

Also, about the frog tongue – it’s INCREDIBLY forecasted, and easy as kitten to dodge. There’s no excuse to not dodge it. If I see him start flapping his tongue, and I don’t have a jewel to throw? Go to the left / middle lily pad, wait for him to start the attack, and dodge to the right. Boom, avoided, easy as that.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

For the whole platforming in MMO engine, you have come amazingly far… look at Troll’s End and compare it to this.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: GenerationX.9178

GenerationX.9178

Are there going to be Super Daggers? I hope there will be.

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Previous

Josh Foreman

Next

Hm. Missed a couple. Being able to smash pots/furniture with your weapons would be good. I hoped we could do that, but our engine doesn’t allow us to make a gadget that is able to be attacked AND picked up. So I just decided to make stuff on the ground pick-uppable, and stuff on the walls attackable. Though we are trying to find a way to make them both. No promises.

I think the cinematic is really only a problem for people who are farming. (It’s also not a real cinematic that can be skipped.) Farming is a bigger issue that I have some ideas about. I’m thinking of tying score to the amount of bauble bubbles you get in the end chests, so you’ll have to actually play the game instead of running from point A to B over and over. Doing that will obviously require re-balancing the cost of skins.

We are literally working on hard mode right now.

We certainly want to get in on the leaderboard action as soon as that’s available to us.

Not sure about a timer. We’ll look into it.

Dagger skins? Yes. And rifle and pistol. And hopefully more.

Special items that are super hard to get… will most likely be stuff that stays in the Box. Otherwise the amount of community outrage would shake the foundations of the earth.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Special items that are super hard to get… will most likely be stuff that stays in the Box. Otherwise the amount of community outrage would shake the foundations of the earth.

This is a serious piece of truth, right here.

Things to improve

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think the cinematic is really only a problem for people who are farming. (It’s also not a real cinematic that can be skipped.) Farming is a bigger issue that I have some ideas about. I’m thinking of tying score to the amount of bauble bubbles you get in the end chests, so you’ll have to actually play the game instead of running from point A to B over and over. Doing that will obviously require re-balancing the cost of skins.

I would think that the easiest solution would be to leave normal mode alone, but make it so that hard mode requires you to do all the little side stuff to unlock the checkpoints, but since you have to do more work you get at least a few more baubles for it when you get to the chests. Of course then you’d probably have people figuring out which zone is easiest to complete on hard and speed-running that.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”