Today is still in April. Why does this shut?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Souff.2671

Souff.2671

I thought Anet said this is available in April.
Am I deceived?

I’m not an english speaker. So my english is super poor. Very SOrry!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hotshoot.9564

Hotshoot.9564

Ok I was trying to get my title from the SAB and I have a few hours still left and I was a good 5-10 min away from unlocking the title and I get forced updated while in the middle. Is there going to be a way when SAB unlocks again (if it does) to get the title?? :/ I am upset now that i dont have the title.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab/Will-Moto-be-remove-when-SAB-is-gone/first#post1922620

Devs have said you can pick up achivements later when it’s open again, yes.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DeviantSun.1392

DeviantSun.1392

Yes, it is still April in most of Europe, why did you forced the restart and closed the box?

in Super Adventure Box

MorganOneNine.1025

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DeviantSun.1392

DeviantSun.1392

Yes, it is still April in most of Europe, why did you forced the restart and closed the box?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: hoc.8506

hoc.8506

Oh, yeah, 183 bauble bubbles left in my bank account.
I grinded to get the weapons cause they are not coming back. I hate grind but here we are.

There is still several hours of April left. Usually the ingame day changes @ 3am here. … huhhuh, I am angry as hell. Lost a lot of weapons I worked for. Weapons that are not coming back.

Thanks anet. I usually don’t get angry from videogames, but these decicions lately…

Why dome something today, that you can leave for tomorrow, tomorrow.

in Super Adventure Box

MorganOneNine.1025

You can still buy the skins for several weeks.

in Super Adventure Box

Hotshoot.9564

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab/Will-Moto-be-remove-when-SAB-is-gone/first#post1922620

Devs have said you can pick up achivements later when it’s open again, yes.

Thank you

in Super Adventure Box

Hotshoot.9564

I was in the middle of playing and it just kicked me out the server and forced me to update the game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: hoc.8506

hoc.8506

Disregard me, I’m an idiot (just read a bit more.)

Why dome something today, that you can leave for tomorrow, tomorrow.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Blixxis.6798

Blixxis.6798

This is hilarious. Wait till the last, very last second. I got my title on the 4th. They said the 30th. You have no one to blame but yourself. People that wait till the last seond to do things in life fail.

in Super Adventure Box

MorganOneNine.1025

^ Here’s a slightly different perspective… Maybe, JUST maybe, you think not everyone falls into that category? I know plenty of new players who just discovered the SAB in the past few days, or old players who just haven’t had time all month.

Not everyone is in the same boat as you, and may be understandably frustrated that the timeframe given was apparently cut short.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I figured we would have until reset today, so I was just going to work on SAB today and get 1 more weapon skin (shield or staff). Now SAB is gone 7 hours earlier than I expected and I’m right around 40 bubbles out of the 50 needed. Oh welllll… I’ll just have to hope that these bubbles are worth keeping for when SAB comes around next time.

Logged in and I have 44 bubbles and 50 baubles. Ouch. XD

(edited by Lpfan.3578)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nightshade.2179

Nightshade.2179

Similar problem here. :-/ I was working on getting bubbles for a skin and was almost at 50.. SAB didn’t close at midnight so I assumed I had til midnight tonight.. Then I get a message saying there will be an update in 3 HOURS (not minutes).. It was still enough time. Suddenly the game shuts down and patches and it’s not open anymore. Ok….. :-/ :-( I wish someone would have stated publicly a specific time it was going to close or would use typical hours and dates rather than 10 am completely randomly. :-/

Yes I waited til the last second because I was caught up in leveling an alt when it opened and wasn’t in the mood nor was I expecting it, then I meant to finally play a couple weeks ago but got busy with life. Logic led me to think it would close at midnight tonight since it didn’t last night or at worst the time dailies reset. They really should be more specific and clear with the dates and times! Also to say it will patch in 3 hours when they meant minutes.. sigh

Naturally, they’re just as vague about when it’s coming back.

Thanks jspencer.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Xenigma.4305

Xenigma.4305

Add me to the camp frustrated the SAB has closed early. Been very busy most of the month and only had time the past few days to really dig into it. Was just finishing up the last few achievements today, got kicked in the middle to patch, and of course it’s now closed for who knows how long.

At the very least it’s nice to hear it should eventually return (it’s way too cool to keep locked up forever), but here I was hoping to finish up world one now. Hopefully there is a quick hot-fix to open SAB for the remainder of the day, though I’m admittedly not expecting it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nightshade.2179

Nightshade.2179

Hot-fix would be nice! They should have left it up til midnight.. It’s more logical. It’s very weird to shut it down in the middle of the day with zero notice like that.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

This is hilarious. Wait till the last, very last second. I got my title on the 4th. They said the 30th. You have no one to blame but yourself. People that wait till the last seond to do things in life fail.

…except that this is a video game where not everyone can prioritize something like this as high as you can.

And I’m pretty sure your ability to grind out all the achievements from SAB in 4 days doesn’t make you any more prepared for life. The people with full lives that consist of full time jobs/kids/college/all of that together/etc. that have very limited play time, I’m sure are getting through life just fine.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I thought it would last till midnight. Too bad, i guess. I had 235 baubles and 48 bauble bubbles….

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I’m personally glad it’s closed so I don’t feel the need to keep farming the kitten place, but ending SAB at the same time as the daily reset would have made a lot more sense than having a moving target that is unknown to players until too late.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DragonAce.7154

DragonAce.7154

I only very recently learned about the April content, and managed to make time this evening to check it out. I feel a little (read: very) gutted that I can’t, because it’s still april.

The fact that it’s unlikely the SAB rewards will be returning for the next “playtest”, just salts the wound. I was willing to set aside more time for Guild Wars 2 based on my impressions of the new content. But now it’s in anets hands; how they handle this will be the deciding factor.

in Super Adventure Box

Souff.2671

I minded there was no correctly information of shutting time including timezone.
Though I dont want to blame so much, this is Anet’s mistake. They forgot to inform us.
So… please give us added time to play this for one week.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Frost.2908

Frost.2908

Awww I feel jipped a whole day! They did specify it would be open the whole month of April… I figured the update would be sometime in the wee morning hours but I guess not… oh well I was a fun run while it lasted * sniffle *

Till next time SAB!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

They gave notice that it was closing. They announced the patch was coming out today. I’m not sure why people are surprised. It does suck that you were so close to the weapon skins. I was not on too much myself this month so I understand why you’re bummed. No need to get angry though. The weapon skins are on the trading post available to buy and it sounds like you can still get the achievement when SAB is re released, so all is good. I was in a rush to make sure I got it by yesterday. Figured it would end this morning.

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I was expecting it to stay open until Monthly achieves changed.. Which is 5 hours from now.
Disappointed as I’m a few Bauble Bubbles short of my skin still.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Blixxis.6798

Blixxis.6798

…except that this is a video game where not everyone can prioritize something like this as high as you can.

And I’m pretty sure your ability to grind out all the achievements from SAB in 4 days doesn’t make you any more prepared for life. The people with full lives that consist of full time jobs/kids/college/all of that together/etc. that have very limited play time, I’m sure are getting through life just fine.

My point is these forums are full of “I’m going to blame Arenanet” posts. They laid out the time rather clear. Maybe not down to the minute, but this post shouldn’t exist.

For the people that just didn’t have time cause of work or whatever I do understand, but this has been scheduled since the day SAB was released. We all knew the 30th was the day.

I understand being disappointed but people need to start taking some personal accountability and stop acting like children.

(edited by Blixxis.6798)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Well this is a bit crap. I was gonna log tonight and get the last few bubbles to get a second weapon skin. Bad form removing it before April is actually over.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

For the people that just didn’t have time cause of work or whatever I do understand, But this has been scheduled since the day SAB was released. We all knew the 30th was the day.

Is it unreasonable to assume that the Box that was supposed to stay “all of April” would be removed when April Monthly changes into May Monthly though, and not 6 hours (or whenever the patch came out) before that?

in Super Adventure Box

Souff.2671

For the people that just didn’t have time cause of work or whatever I do understand, But this has been scheduled since the day SAB was released. We all knew the 30th was the day.

Though there is some interpreting, I think this hasn’t been scheduled so from below.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/your-super-adventure-box-questions-answered/
>Moto will be demoing his Super Adventure Box throughout the month of April,

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hagalaz.3705

Hagalaz.3705

Throughout the month of April means to the end of april.
I was going to get my last bauble bubbles tonight so I could by my first skin.
No skin then I guess…
Too bad I spent my free time this month trying to get bubbles.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Unfortunately this is how it is every single month, and with every single limited time event. Things end with the patch, not the clock. I warned my guild mates last night to get their last SAB runs in because I’d be surprised if it was still around tonight.

Sorry I didn’t think to put a similar heads up in the forums here Remember for the future, y’all, GW2 things end -on- the last day, not at the -end- of the last day.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

My point is these forums are full of “I’m going to blame Arenanet” posts. They laid out the time rather clear. Maybe not down to the minute, but this post shouldn’t exist.

For the people that just didn’t have time cause of work or whatever I do understand, but this has been scheduled since the day SAB was released. We all knew the 30th was the day.

I understand being disappointed but people need to start taking some personal accountability and stop acting like children.

The SAB was advertised to run through the month. There was no communication saying that it would end before this.

You may have an issue with the general QQ that happens on forums, and that’s fine, but this isn’t the same with someone who doesn’t like a nerf to their class.

It’s not the player’s fault if they miss out on an achievement just because ANet did something different than what they said they were going to do. It’s understandable if players who are affected by something like this are unhappy and there’s nothing wrong with them coming here to express that.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DragonAce.7154

DragonAce.7154

I think the best compromise between exclusivity and giving people with busy lives a chance, would be to make the super backpack skin available during the next SAB event, together with the rest of the new weapon skins, since it’s the only super item that cannot be found on the trading post.

The backpack ties the weapons in with the rest of the character aesthetic nicely, it would make sense to make it available for the next event as well, if only for that reason. Would love it if this idea is considered and (hopefully) comes to fruition.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: LimeTwyst.7039

LimeTwyst.7039

My calendar still says April 30. Here I am home after work, ready to finish up the last two bubble baubles I need for my backpack, and it’s closed? Please check your definition of the word “through” – “through April” means all the way through. Ending May 1. Not ending during April 30. I am disappointed.

LT | Ellti Doomfang | Sanctum of Rall

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Alexandrus.4893

Alexandrus.4893

Somehow I knew they would close it earlier…did the achievements that were missing today before work…except one i couldn´t get in time. Came home from work…thought no problem…at least 2-3 hours left and in half an hour i own the title…youhou….buuuut: zooooonk!
Too bad…that´s life i think…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

I would say that was a very stupid move from Anet, but my post would be infracted and deleted (guess we have new mods around). So I will just say that this was unexpected and I feel that this was not clever and was a little disrespectful to the players that, like me, were expecting SAB to shut down only when the dailies reset.

in Super Adventure Box

Souff.2671

Please don’t take no notice of this, Anet.
We expect your clement treatment.:(

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

And what a surprise no word from anet on this. Hehe.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: wickedgreen.4685

wickedgreen.4685

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tannu.3851

Tannu.3851

Yeah I don’t know how Anet managed to mess this up. It was said we’d get to use the SAB throughout april. It was still april when they closed it.

I just needed 4 more baubles to get the item I wanted then I was done, happy, content. But suddenly there was a patch with only 3 minutes’ notice, and then the SAB was closed. That’s just so incredibly uncool.

It’s so simple but somehow Anet manages to make a ton of people unhappy anyways. Disappointing. :/

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tihocan.5461

Tihocan.5461

Like many people I was a couple of Bauble Bubble short from getting my super backpack.
Even if the weapon skins don’t come back, I think the backpack cover should.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: defectivesam.4957

defectivesam.4957

serious what gives? you shut off the kitten event too early. It’s STILL April 30th. Even the landlord gives more notice than A-net lol. Not right I wanted my shield skin

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nameless.2703

Nameless.2703

Really, really disappointed.

in Super Adventure Box

Souff.2671

Anet is still in silent.
I dont wanna think they are neglecting the issue until the heat dies down.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

Anet is still in silent.

Sorry, man, but that is what they always do. And Im sure they will do it again. On Anet’s side, SAB is over. Period. Even though this is very disrespectful, that’s Anet. Get used to it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Anet is still in silent.

There’s no issue to neglect. This is how their patches usually work. Have you never seen the many similar complaint posts about monthlies? I’m sorry, but this is a risk anyone took waiting until the last minute. It should have been automatically assumed that SAB would be removed with the patch, especially since this isn’t the first time something like this has happened.

I personally always make sure I have my monthly and temporary content completed the day before the patch. It’s unfortunate that so many people in this thread didn’t do the same, but I don’t know what you expect Anet to do about it. I doubt they’re going to re-open SAB or mail out consolation baubles.