Why is SAB different?

Why is SAB different?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zog.3954

Zog.3954

So ( besides the 8 bit/retro look/music/feeling ) what makes SAB great -or not- for you?
Preferably things that aren’t extremely vague or subjective.

Anyway, for me:
- checkpoint system ( + makes party great even with someone new )
- that i still need to figure which way to go in p2 or p3 even after so many runs while the run is still strait forward.
- difficulty modes ( easy, normal, hard )
- the spirit of adventure ( secrets, finding new ways, bubbles – even if i don’t care for them i still want them + its so funny to see other players running after them like there’s no tomorrow, etc. )
- its fairness ( same damage, hp, skills, upgrades, etc. for everyone )
- no fall damage

(edited by Zog.3954)

Why is SAB different?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Scrince.1897

Scrince.1897

- it scales very good from single player to full group

Why is SAB different?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

- it scales very good from single player to full group

Keep in mind, however, that the scaling is only good if done with friends for a truly unadulterated pleasant experience. Going with pugs is highly un-recommended.

Why is SAB different?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

The fairness! The most important thing in any video game! I don’t want to win or survive longer because i got better gear and/or achievements. It’s a really skill based challenge and that makes it so appealing!

Why is SAB different?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The fairness! The most important thing in any video game! I don’t want to win or survive longer because i got better gear and/or achievements. It’s a really skill based challenge and that makes it so appealing!

To be fair, though, the achievements are easier to get in Infantile Mode, which caters to less skill (but it doesn’t make the hardest of the achievements too much easier to get).

Why is SAB different?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

Well i hoped that infant mode would end after the first boss… Unfortunately it seems that it’ll be carried through the other worlds too… you are right there :/
I’m just hoping that they’ll add a title for completing all world zones in one go without continue coins that would be awesome xD