Aetherblade Weapon Skins

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

So…are we going to be getting these or are they NPC only?

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

They have a habit of wasting development, so must likely NPC only.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Can’t believe it. Seriously. Totally illogical.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

i would gladly pay 800 gems for one of those pistols.
why don’t we get the weapons but only the ugly armor?

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was hoping for the armor even tho it’s lacking some serious gearage for my taste it would have been nice to earn certain pieces or buy them with karma from the vendors for this event. It is weird they didn’t make the weapons a direct buy.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Maybe the weapons will be added later. IIRC, the Rox and Braham weapons weren’t added until some time after the NPCs first appeared with them.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

These weapons aren’t giant or spikey or spew flames from your feet or nostrils, of course they won’t let players get them.

First of any of the “new ish” weapons I actually am interested in and not available lol. They just trolling me now with the rapier not being available.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I also loved the rapier. Very fitting for thieves and mesmers.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

honestly they should just be regular drops from the Aetherblades, but for some reason this game has every new weapon reward be purchasable only. Pretty fun way to earn stuff.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Perhaps they’re trying to decide whether to put em in RNG chests or not. Maybe waiting for people to buy gem cards for the armors then release the weapons so they’ll have to buy another card! It could be any reason.

Depends on how they look since I haven’t seen em yet. The Dragon Bash skins were nothing special and shouldn’t have been in chests if you ask me.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I’m sure they will get added to RNG cash shop boxes with an infinitely small chance to get one, at some point..

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: EagleDelta.4726

EagleDelta.4726

Has anyone thought that the way the introduced the rapier in the blog post might be hinting at the possible (thought unlikely) instance of a new weapon being introduced?

I heard that Mai and the Aetherblades that use Rapiers have a new animation associated with the weapon.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Has anyone thought that the way the introduced the rapier in the blog post might be hinting at the possible (thought unlikely) instance of a new weapon being introduced?

I heard that Mai and the Aetherblades that use Rapiers have a new animation associated with the weapon.

It does seem to stand out a bit, but I doubt we’re going to see new weapon skills associated with it. If they were to implement new weapons, I’d assume that all classes get one at the same time. And I doubt all classes are going to use rapiers sadly.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The latest blog with Inspector Kiel’s report specifically mentions the rapier, I expect we will see it in the not too distant future

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/aetherblade-pirates-look-up/

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jam.3258

Jam.3258

Rapier?

I’ve been waiting for one of those since the first Guild Wars!

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: EagleDelta.4726

EagleDelta.4726

I would prefer it be added as another weapon than a skin (if added at all). Rapiers have VERY different Combat Styles compared to a Longsword/Shortsword. It seems like adding a Rapier skin would be pointless. Imagine players running around with a Rapier skin on any of the Professions and using the Sword skills – bunch of people slashing with a weapon that’s meant for piercing

(edited by EagleDelta.4726)

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

There is absolutely no reason NOT to release those weapon skins. They absolutely have to eventually. What could they possibly get out of withholding them? Do they simply not like money?

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Expect more RNG chests, then.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

I would prefer it be added as another weapon than a skin (if added at all). Rapiers have VERY different Combat Styles compared to a Longsword/Shortsword. It seems like adding a Rapier skin would be pointless. Imagine players running around with a Rapier skin on any of the Professions and using the Sword skills – bunch of people slashing with a weapon that’s meant for piercing

Man, have you seen how they use those bows ? Don’t wome and tell me it is anything reallistic ^^
It is fantasy, and I totally wouldn’t mind a slashing rapier, as stupid as the concept would be in real life. Because rule of cool. And I’m not sure adding a new blade category would be pertinent : we already have daggers, sword and greatsword. We need more of a greataxe as a new category, for variety.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jam.3258

Jam.3258

My first mesmer just waved her sword about while mostly blind. That seemed to work fine.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The Rapiers are used more as fencing weapons instead of sharp swords. Of course, this makes sense as they ARE meant to stab, not slash.

If you watch Mai when she attacks, she does a standard fencing attack that looks similar to a Blurred Frenzy (or 100b), but is slightly modified.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They are missing out on quite a bit of $ if they don’t allow us a chance at these. Make it cash shop/rng… I don’t care. I want a rapier.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: General Secretary.3476

General Secretary.3476

Please ANet, give us cannon skin.

It only make sense for Engineer to use Grenade launcher to have grenade target @ 1600 range. If he do it with his arm only, he should be able to power punch people to death anyway.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Honestly, it’s kind of sad seeing how conditioned so many players have become at this point that the first thought is “put it in the gem store for us” rather than just “put it in the game as an obtainable reward.” I’ve got nothing against the gem store and it’s obviously an important part of their business model, but every single new piece of armor and weaponry can’t be introduced through it. It’s ridiculous.

We’re coming up on the game’s first birthday, and what non-gem store items have they added? Molten Gloves, Dragon Helm, the SAB skins, the monocle, the Southsun backpacks, the fractal weapons, and the guild weapons? That’s it, right? And how many of those weren’t limited time things? The fractal weapons and the guild weapons.

Honestly, that’s pretty pathetic. How about introducing the Aetherblade weapons as permanent, obtainable items in-game? Make them obtainable from the Aetherblade jumping puzzle chest and as possible drops from Aetherblade enemies. If you’re feeling really inspired, add in explorable modes for Aetherblade Retreat/a new Aetherblade dungeon and make it a permanent dungeon in another release. Finish Aetherblade versions of the currently unrepresented weapons like dagger, torch, etc. and make them purchasable with dungeon tokens. But throw us a bone and give us some new, permanent gear that isn’t tied to the gem store for once. It’s getting a little out of hand considering how little we’ve gotten in the last year.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

To the best of my knowledge, we have only been able to data mine a handful of the aetherblade weapon skins. Perhaps they are still working on the reset and they are not ready yo release all of them yet?

Here’s to hoping!

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Honestly, it’s kind of sad seeing how conditioned so many players have become at this point that the first thought is “put it in the gem store for us” rather than just “put it in the game as an obtainable reward.” I’ve got nothing against the gem store and it’s obviously an important part of their business model, but every single new piece of armor and weaponry can’t be introduced through it. It’s ridiculous.

We’re coming up on the game’s first birthday, and what non-gem store items have they added? Molten Gloves, Dragon Helm, the SAB skins, the monocle, the Southsun backpacks, the fractal weapons, and the guild weapons? That’s it, right? And how many of those weren’t limited time things? The fractal weapons and the guild weapons.

Honestly, that’s pretty pathetic. How about introducing the Aetherblade weapons as permanent, obtainable items in-game? Make them obtainable from the Aetherblade jumping puzzle chest and as possible drops from Aetherblade enemies. If you’re feeling really inspired, add in explorable modes for Aetherblade Retreat/a new Aetherblade dungeon and make it a permanent dungeon in another release. Finish Aetherblade versions of the currently unrepresented weapons like dagger, torch, etc. and make them purchasable with dungeon tokens. But throw us a bone and give us some new, permanent gear that isn’t tied to the gem store for once. It’s getting a little out of hand considering how little we’ve gotten in the last year.

They’ve also given out free minis, though technically you had to have bought gems at some point in the past in order to obtain them. Honestly we have basically given up trying to convince them to make more of these items obtainable in the game. It has more or less come down to the point that you don’t have to purchase cosmetic items if you don’t want to.

The only time I can see them adding new gear that isn’t from the gem store is either through very rare drops from temporary dungeons or from an expansion pack which would have new crafting recipes or permanent dungeons with tokens to collect.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

There is simply no way we wont someone be able to acquire these weaponskins. They look fantastic, and not just from a personal subjective standpoint, but also with all sorts of special effects to it.

f.e. the Pistols spews a bit of smoke and the chamber spins. And the rapier’s blade wobles when it moves like a real rapier would, afterall it is a thin blade.

So much attention to detail only to have mindles trashmobs wield them and no one else? Not a chance…
There is another patch comming July 9th, or somewhere around that date. Likely what we see now is just the introduction of the Sky Pirates and a transition from Dragon Bash to something new. The next patch will build further upon this story.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Spade.4386

Spade.4386

It’d make no sense for these skins to be NPC only. Otherwise we’d have datamined models of all the NPC only equipment in the game, like the dresses some of the nobles wear, or various other items. Or am I missing something here..?

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Gem shop = people are more likely going to spend actual $ (thus supporting more future updates).

PvE = fewer will spend the $ to turn into gold and many will at least TRY to obtain it without spending/supporting… and just by RNG chance many will get it this way.

Since it would support more updates I see nothing wrong with these sorts of totally optional skin items being in the gem shop.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Gem shop = people are more likely going to spend actual $ (thus supporting more future updates).

PvE = fewer will spend the $ to turn into gold and many will at least TRY to obtain it without spending/supporting… and just by RNG chance many will get it this way.

Since it would support more updates I see nothing wrong with these sorts of totally optional skin items being in the gem shop.

I think what cliff is saying though is that by comparison to other games, all these new skins and stuff we are seeing in gem store/rng boxes should have an equal amount of permanant material added to the game as earnable things.

Instead all updates seem to be going to temporary “buy me £££” material meaning that if you dont want to spend 20 quid every 2 weeks, you arent getting anything new.

Obviously, they need to make money but obviously, we also need content to make us want to play the game. We shouldnt always just be thinking about their wallets like they’re skint hobos on the street, we’re people too and im pretty sure im making a lot less money than them.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

They might be waiting to complete a full set of these weapons before they make it available. I don’t think they want a repeat of the SAB situation where only some weapons types had skins.

They also might decide not to make the weapons available to use, which would make me very very sad.

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think what cliff is saying though is that by comparison to other games, all these new skins and stuff we are seeing in gem store/rng boxes should have an equal amount of permanant material added to the game as earnable things.

Instead all updates seem to be going to temporary “buy me £££” material meaning that if you dont want to spend 20 quid every 2 weeks, you arent getting anything new.

Obviously, they need to make money but obviously, we also need content to make us want to play the game. We shouldnt always just be thinking about their wallets like they’re skint hobos on the street, we’re people too and im pretty sure im making a lot less money than them.

Except, that isnt true.

There is plenty of new free content being added on a fairly consistent basis. And the skins that you can pay for are most of the time also available by means that don’t involve spending gems.

Infact, only a fairly small amount of skins have actually been gem-only. And i personally support this as a viable means to make bussiness. I don’t always have the time to grind out for a skin that i like. What i do have is disposable income, plenty of it infact.
So i’d much rather buy a skin i like then grind out a couple of hundred boxes.

The problem as i see it however is that i cant always just buy a skin. Skins from gem purchase are hidden behind an unknown (assumingly very low-chance) dice roll. So even if i want to skip the grind and pay money, instead of getting what i want i just use that to gamble and hope i get a ticket or the skin i wanted. And that is a bad practise for your consumers.
The price of a skin can randomly vary greatly, and even if the average is set around a “reasonable” price. Random luck of the draw can cause plenty of people to pay far more then that just to offset the few lucky people who got it for much less.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Aetherblade Weapon Skins

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Except, that isnt true.

There is plenty of new free content being added on a fairly consistent basis. And the skins that you can pay for are most of the time also available by means that don’t involve spending gems.

Infact, only a fairly small amount of skins have actually been gem-only. And i personally support this as a viable means to make bussiness. I don’t always have the time to grind out for a skin that i like. What i do have is disposable income, plenty of it infact.
So i’d much rather buy a skin i like then grind out a couple of hundred boxes.

The problem as i see it however is that i cant always just buy a skin. Skins from gem purchase are hidden behind an unknown (assumingly very low-chance) dice roll. So even if i want to skip the grind and pay money, instead of getting what i want i just use that to gamble and hope i get a ticket or the skin i wanted. And that is a bad practise for your consumers.
The price of a skin can randomly vary greatly, and even if the average is set around a “reasonable” price. Random luck of the draw can cause plenty of people to pay far more then that just to offset the few lucky people who got it for much less.

I agree with you that the new content is good enough.

However, i don’t agree in the slightest that anyone should be able to buy these new skins directly with cash if they want to “skip” the grind. Instead, i think the tickets should be somewhat tradeable.

The idea of the new skins being available to anyone with a credit card i think is absolutely revolting, if i earn something i want other people to KNOW i earned it, this is both my problem and blessing of the new ticket system – everyone can earn it, but some people can earn it significantly faster than others without any effort on their part.

Personally, i dont think the new gem store boxes should have been in at all, if you really want a ticket, do what i ended up doing and buy the normal ones off the marketplace, u can basically get 100 for a gold right now. If you really wanted to buy the boxes with real cash then trade in your gems and buy the boxes of the marketplace. Yes the gamble is still there but i seriously hate the idea of people just buying everything they want with no effort or skill and then flashing it around months later like they acomplished something. The new items should be a mark of a good player at a certain dungeon or something, not the luckiest player at a certain time doing kitten all.

you said “And that is a bad practise for your consumers.”

what’s bad practice is people are spending 20+ moneys worth trying to get a skin from a notable gamble, then get upset if it doesnt work out for them when they really didnt need to do it in the first place. The more money Anet gets from these boxes, the more we will see of them in the future.

It is hard to convince industry ‘decision makers’ that certain means of profit are bad in the long term, they never want to listen because big £££ means big bonus that year, and if things go kittens up they can just jump ship. It’s a big problem with society and we are seeing it more and more effecting games today, people in charge who dont care about long term survival for the company they represent.