Blackout Cache

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

So this thread was inevitable.
What was the point of making an easily lockable PvP-only area part of what’s currently been a PvE-exclusive experience? The moment the first server’s Mesmer makes it to the top of Obsidian Sanctum, the remaining servers are unable to finish it. Mostly due to the fact the other server camps the top of the arena, spawns all the vets, and just has their idle army standing & getting portal’d by if you try to sneak by with Stealth or some Stability.
So far the Living Story and all of it’s “content” was pure PvE & Minigames, so it’s mostly the PvE’ers doing this stuff. Pushing them into WvW will make queuing up for EB way longer than it has to, and eventually it could fill up the Obsidian Sanctum map. Not to mention that gives the camping server more incentive to keep an army there.

I can see that they wanted to bring more players into WvW, but by baiting them with an impossible achievement (for the servers with the slower Mesmer) is just really dumb.
I wouldn’t be complaining, but even with the new WvW match making system, we’re still against the same exact server who keeps the JP locked down 24/7.

How do you guys feel about this one?

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Do the caches actually contain anything useful/valuable or is it just for the ach point? If it’s just for the ach point, I care not, if they have useful/valuable stuff then that does kinda suck.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

It’s just the achievement point, the caches are pretty much otherwise normal chests (I think you can get dragon coffers from them too, but if normal chests are like that then AFAIK they’re just normal chests).

You don’t even need to open the chest, just get next to it.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Oh ok don’t care then personally…though I do want to get that JP at some point. Hopefully GoM is still winning the matchup lol…

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

If we have only 1 month to get this achievement, then yes, I see plenty of cause for complains.

Poor Vabbi and Fissure of Woe.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Caittus.7436

Caittus.7436

1 month? You’ve got 2 weeks.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

1 month? You’ve got 2 weeks.

Worse…

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zipster.5190

Zipster.5190

@Caittus 2 weeks? Where did you see that? I saw the entire new living story DLC is going to last all month?

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Caittus.7436

Caittus.7436

The entire living story lasts for a month, counting the 2 weeks already for Dragon Bash.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-25-2013/

Track Down Aetherblade Caches! – June 25-July 9

The Aetherblade pirates have hidden caches of plunder around the world in hard-to-reach locations. Scout them out to take a share of treasure and earn special achievements.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I just wonder why they chose the longest puzzle that is known for terrible amounts of griefing.

I’ll probably try for it again. But I was SO GLAD to be done with that puzzle when I did it before for the achievement. It may be better now who knows.

Good luck to everyone trying.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Shieero.9187

Shieero.9187

Chest is unobtainable atm. Germans everywhere…

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: EmilyAnn.7219

EmilyAnn.7219

So upset about this being in the EB puzzle. As soon as I loaded in, I got pulled off the spawn and killed. There are a few guild from JQ camping throughout the puzzle. Typical.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

When I saw this. First thing after patch was to throw up my commander tag, take back our keep in EB and did the puzzle asap. Killing 3 nuisances on the way.

I foresee a lot of people camping there for the next two weeks.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

If you do the dugeon then you don’t need this Cache for the meta. I think even without the dungeon and without Blackout Cache 12 out of 19 should be possible if you do all the other stuff(if I understand it correctly the very last achievement where you need to talk to Mai Trin will be available for everyone after the dungeon is removed when she is in prison for a few weeks in LA).

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

This is the most horrible achievement at this moment. Really, Arenanet… what were ya thinking. This game should be fun. I don’t mind a challenge. But this is horrendous.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Cuorion.3218

Cuorion.3218

It’s not a matter of it being vital or not. It’s a matter of event content being (or not) available to every and all players regardless of their WvW standings.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

As much as I hate to join in on the tyraid against what so far has been one of the better content launches. I do have to agree that placing a cache in WvW was a foolish and idiotic idea. I have been trying to do the jumping puzzle going on 4 hours now, and the only thing I have managed to obtain, is a massive repair bill for my armor, and enough stress to run every server in the game for the next month.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Its better than they put it in stonemist castle :p

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Brom Malochson.9306

Brom Malochson.9306

Better location would have been mistwrought vaults, in all three borderlands. If one puzzle is too busy with fights you can try a different one. And it’s considerably shorter.

Brom Malichson | DB Elementalist | Temple Commander | Knights of Ares [ARES]

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I don’t see the problem about getting this cache. I wen’t to the JP yesterday and most of the people there also just wanted to get through this puzzle and therefore didn’t attack each other.

There were moments were I stood on the same platform with people from both other servers. In the “dark room” they even lit my way and I lit theirs whilst taking care not to hit them with the fire. Even though it’s a WvW map and meant to kill each other it doesn’t mean you have to.

Of course there will always be some who think pulling/pushing people off a cliff or whiping them with a small JP farming group is fun. Most of them died but if you don’t have enough allies to get rid of them, you can still use the wells in order to get invisible and maybe ask mesmes for their help.

It’s not like you have to go to the jumping puzzle more than once during the event.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Only took me 6 hours to get to it. Unlike some people who went through the jumping puzzle with servers walking hand in hand through meadows of flowers. My server was in constant battle all the way through the puzzle. We had to split into two groups one killing anyone at the entrance to stop the mesmers from porting people to help them. While the other killed anyone in the puzzle. When it was all said and done I had a good time doing it but I think I would feel very different if we were not able to finally get to the top.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

This, so much. The achievement is impossible for me to get. My server has been locked dead last in every matchup for the past 3 months or so. We can barely hold our own borderlands, let alone a jp in eb.

I checked the jp every hour the past ten hours; it’s always swarming with enemies and there is NOTHING I can do to get to the cache.

Why would they do this? Who in the world thought it was a good idea? The moment anyone mentioned this somebody should’ve immediately predicted people would have problems getting it. It’s really not that hard to foretell.

Either this cache needs to be relocated in a PvE area or excluded from the “Cached Out” achievement.

Edit: Oh oops, there was already a larger thread about this. Sorry!

(edited by ddoi.9264)

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Just thought I’d mention it’s not always the one at the top blocks everyone else. Few days ago JQ was camping the top and not letting anyone get past the cage room. There was a bunch of us from BG and SoR players who were blocked off, so we had an unofficial truce and managed to take out the JQ campers. After helping everyone through WE camped the top and maintained our truce while taking out anyone starting fights. Helped players from either sides get portalled up, and when the JQ came back and camped the entrance instead, we had some fun stealthing players past them before porting them up.

TLDR: The king of the hill is not necessarily a kitten

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

I agree this is poorly thought out. After failing hard in the cage room for 20 minutes I was steam rolled by a group from the Gates of Madness. How is that fun? Every time I try for this cache the same thing happens over and over.

Really trying to get back into this game after taking 2 months off. Unfortunately I come back to find content like this, or even worse achievements from spamming fireworks, candy, piñatas, and holograms. This type of content is not fun.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tiltos.8091

Tiltos.8091

I just wanted to put my two cents in here.

I’m never one to publicly rage over game content, but this was an extremely kittening shortsighted place to put one of the caches, considering 2 (3) achievements are relying on it. If the regional atherblade killing achieves were actually doable it wouldn’t be as important – but the fact that their spawning is so rare makes this cache almost mandatory if you want the meta.

Tried numerous separate times, several hours, continually ganked by JQ.

Do NOT put PvE content in PvP!!!

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I have to agree with the OP. Couple the fact that I am horrible at jumping puzzles with getting constantly ganked trying to complete this one and you have one pain in the kitten cache.

Every time I’ve tried to complete this jp and reach the cache I’ve found there are enemy players camped out waiting to slaughter me. (they succeed too)

Granted, I know I am in wvw and that is the nature of the beast. But I kinda HAVE to reach the cache if I want the achievement.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Attempting this was the first time I had rage quit this game since release.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Khaldar.7486

Khaldar.7486

This is ridiculous. JQ can’t win a Matchup because they are too busy being poor sports camping anyone who enters the zone. You basically need to squander your efforts at EB PPT to get enough people through this puzzle. It is counterproductive for both PvE players and PvP players. Terrible idea.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Apparently I got really lucky with this puzzle. There were a lot of people at the start and I got killed 2 or 3 times but once I started doing the actual puzzle the number of people dropped drastically and everyone was either understanding that we all just wanted to finish or too busy doing it themselves to waste time harassing other people.

There was one guy who briefly started attacking people in the dark room but he left soon, and someone accidentally aggroed my pet (after that I put it on passive) but most people were obviously not interested in attacking each other, we all just got on and did the puzzle and sometimes even cooperated.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Hmm trying doing it now. I did it today for my first time and the hostile players didn’t even bother me or anyone else. There wasn’t that many either other then those trying to do it themselves.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Eh. I really didn’t like that it was in a PVP area simply because it’s begging for griefing, but hey. WvW people don’t get that much in the way of achievements compared to us PVE’ers, so I’m okay with it. Was getting griefed like mad, finally ended up rallying a group of people on my server to storm through and get it done.

My big issue was the giant darkroom. I think it would have been better if it was more like the dark room in the pirate JP in Lion’s Arch… that one is dark enough to be challenging while still being, imo, fairly doable. The darkness there isn’t /opaque/. It took us a zerg of torch users to simply find our way through, it’s a nightmare in there.

Just my two cents.

Hoopa doopa.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You mean you want the dark room to be so that you can just boost up the gamma and see where to go?

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

They do it to make it HARD, because face-rolling optional content for achievement points instead of FUN is NOT the way a game should be designed.

If you can’t do it, FINE. You don’t have to! There is no exclusive reward for doing it.

Honestly, I don’t feel special wearing the Living Story flavour of the month backpiece because everyone and their mother has it. This stuff is too easy! I’m tired of people complaining about one certain aspect of the game being too hard for you.

I WvW all day and love jumping puzzles, and FINALLY something is added to the game that appeals to my niche, and all I see is people complaining and asking for it to be removed. Go kill 100’s of Aetherblades in Ascalon if you want easy content. You don’t have to do this.

There are 7 million things for you to do in GW2! What makes you think you have the RIGHT to be able to do every single darned piece of content blindfolded? If there are no challenges in the game, people leave. I know I sure would.

Granted, I know I am in wvw and that is the nature of the beast. But I kinda HAVE to reach the cache if I want the achievement.

This is my point exactly. It is an achievement, for you know…achieving something! The nature of the word there should tell you that it should not be a freebie. If you are not able to complete it, you don’t deserve the achievement. Simple as that. There are LOADS of achivements I know I will never get. But the difference is I do not feel entitled to them, and you do. It’s not a checklist of activities to be completed, it’s a collection of optional goals that show that you were able to complete a certain piece of content. You do not NEED to do them, and they should NOT be handed to you. You must ACHIEVE something to earn an ACHIEVEMENT. Duh!

Sorry for coming off rude. I just feel people don’t understand the purpose of this content, and I am appalled at the sense of entitlement you guys have.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea…I have no problem with this JP achievement/cache. Get your guild to help you if it is constantly camped. Try at off-peak hours. Like Curo said, it’s an achievement, you need to achieve something, and not just the jumping puzzle.

I’ve personally gone up this JP side by side enemies from both WvWvW warring severs and we didn’t mess with each other.

I generally have the policy that if people aren’t being kittens, why rock the boat. If people are attacking my server-mates, then odds are my guild will roll through and clear the path. If everyone is playing nice, so will we.

It’s common courtesy really. And camping the top is quite lame. For anyone to do. Ever.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

revodeel.2651

They do it to make it HARD, because face-rolling optional content for achievement points instead of FUN is NOT the way a game should be designed.

If you can’t do it, FINE. You don’t have to! There is no exclusive reward for doing it.

Honestly, I don’t feel special wearing the Living Story flavour of the month backpiece because everyone and their mother has it. This stuff is too easy! I’m tired of people complaining about one certain aspect of the game being too hard for you.

I WvW all day and love jumping puzzles, and FINALLY something is added to the game that appeals to my niche, and all I see is people complaining and asking for it to be removed. Go kill 100’s of Aetherblades in Ascalon if you want easy content. You don’t have to do this.

There are 7 million things for you to do in GW2! What makes you think you have the RIGHT to be able to do every single darned piece of content blindfolded? If there are no challenges in the game, people leave. I know I sure would.

This is my point exactly. It is an achievement, for you know…achieving something! The nature of the word there should tell you that it should not be a freebie. If you are not able to complete it, you don’t deserve the achievement. Simple as that. There are LOADS of achivements I know I will never get. But the difference is I do not feel entitled to them, and you do. It’s not a checklist of activities to be completed, it’s a collection of optional goals that show that you were able to complete a certain piece of content. You do not NEED to do them, and they should NOT be handed to you. You must ACHIEVE something to earn an ACHIEVEMENT. Duh!

Sorry for coming off rude. I just feel people don’t understand the purpose of this content, and I am appalled at the sense of entitlement you guys have.

I was honestly going to defend my post and explain how I just wanted to a voice a small complaint. But I decided to first take a quick look at your other posts.

It quickly became evident that you like using a condescending tone towards others.

That got me to thinking….maybe one day I can be more like you; a hard working, skilled player who EARNS their achievements. Until then I will sit back and expect Anet to come to my house, do the content for me, and hand it to me on a silver platter! XD

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

It quickly became evident that you like using a condescending tone towards others

Yeah reading these forums does that to me. I should stop. I’m actually quite a nice guy

That being said: if you are on any of NSP’s enemy servers, send me a whisper/mail and I will personally make sure to spoonfeed you the achievement, if I’m in a good mood.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

revodeel.2651

It quickly became evident that you like using a condescending tone towards others

Yeah reading these forums does that to me. I should stop. I’m actually quite a nice guy

That being said: if you are on any of NSP’s enemy servers, send me a whisper/mail and I will personally make sure to spoonfeed you the achievement, if I’m in a good mood.

Ha! Do you promise to hold my hand and sweet talk me while you do it?

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Did they really just remove this camp with the recent patch? That sucks a lot.

Blackout Cache

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Welcome to the puzzle. This is my domain and I thank Anet for giving me a hefty boost in heavy bags last week and continuing into this week. I hope you bring numbers, because I have been having such a great farm this week.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]