Laser Room is Way to Hard

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

just did 10 tries with a group and in the 3rd wave (Big slow laser wall + small quick laser wall) we just die and die…
dodge is bugged so it only works 50% of the time.
tried several builds, offensive, defensive, healer – no luck.
please slow the laser to a point where you have an actual chance to revive your self.
Thanks

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

You do know you can jump on boxes to avoid the fast low lasers right?
The slow big one just has to be outrun

You’re not supposed to be dodging them at all.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tharassin.8240

Tharassin.8240

yeah, you’ll have to think “on top of the boxes” to evade the laser beams – and follow the laser wall while attacking the robots :-)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s challenging, but perfectly fair. The only thing that can troublesome, is the fact that the golems will sometimes pull you down from the boxes. Since you can’t dodge while on top of those boxes…. that is a bit unfair.

Also, there is a bug where the dodge roll sometimes rolls you in the wrong direction. I’ve had it happen that I was pressing forward, and then dodged… and my character dodged backward, right into the laser wall. Really annoying.

But the fight itself is pretty good. Challenging for sure. But it all boils down to mechanics you can quickly understand and learn.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Well, the pull from the golems while you are on top of the boxes means that there really is no strategy for this part of the dungeon. Just keep trying is all I can say, and maybe you’ll get LUCKY and find a good group (which is crucial here, a regular PUG will not work…especially if there are people in it who are not lvl80)

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

im almost always the last alive in groups… just pay attention while runing round its a simple jump on box run round while AAing the golumns with occastional knock back to stop the lazer hitting them…

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

It’s also possible to jump over the mini lasers, although I have not been able to reproduce this to 100% success.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

For me the following always works. Only use the boxes to avoid the low/fast laser. But don’t stay on the boxes. Just walk in circles following the larger slower lasers and use range to hit the golems. Whenever the lower laser comes along use the boxes to jump over it and repeat the cycle. If everyone of your party does this (nobody remaining static on the boxes for as long as possible) the golems will all run after you and be without shield 60% of the time, resulting in them dying way faster.

Once you mastered this, doing this boss will take you max 10 minutes.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

It’s also possible to jump over the mini lasers, although I have not been able to reproduce this to 100% success.

I managed to do it once…just before the blasted golem smacked me and the big wall fried me.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

For me the following always works. Only use the boxes to avoid the low/fast laser. But don’t stay on the boxes. Just walk in circles following the larger slower lasers and use range to hit the golems. Whenever the lower laser comes along use the boxes to jump over it and repeat the cycle. If everyone of your party does this (nobody remaining static on the boxes for as long as possible) the golems will all run after you and be without shield 60% of the time, resulting in them dying way faster.

Once you mastered this, doing this boss will take you max 10 minutes.

Yes. This is the way to do it. It takes a bit to get the hang of doing it, it’s a lot to keep an eye on, but not impossible. It does take skilled timing. Once you figure out your pacing (not timing) you should be ok. Stability helps A LOT. I am surprised by the number of people complaining who refuse to change anything on their skill bars to make this dungeon easier.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

I feel that you have a lot easier time on this one if you’re one of the last ones to get aggro. The one to get most aggro is the unlucky one as you rarely have control over where golems will end up when they turn and pull you when your pug group is all over the place, or so I felt. I finished this dungeon yesterday, but want to do this part again few times. It’s just rest of the dungeon is rather boring.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well, the pull from the golems while you are on top of the boxes means that there really is no strategy for this part of the dungeon. Just keep trying is all I can say, and maybe you’ll get LUCKY and find a good group (which is crucial here, a regular PUG will not work…especially if there are people in it who are not lvl80)

You do realize that those are two completely contradictory statements right? If it was luck based then it wouldn’t matter how good your group is because it is based on luck, which means bad groups would succeed just as often as good groups.

If it is instead skill based and has nothing to do with luck then having good members would help you complete it.

So which is it? is it luck based and every group has the same chance of getting lucky, or is it skill based and having a good group that knows the mechanics will succeed?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Yeah, the laser room is very hard. But it’s not unfairly so.

…unless the final laser spawns right on top of you. Which happened to me. Twice.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: FangedTerror.3852

FangedTerror.3852

…unless the final laser spawns right on top of you. Which happened to me. Twice.

The first two sets are easy to see where they are about to spawn, strutures raise up out of the ground that are very visable. On the final appearance of the small lazers I have yet been able to see exactly where they spawn. I just jump up on a box as the last golem dies to be sure.

Edit: Love the dungeon. Yes it is hard but not impossible.

(edited by FangedTerror.3852)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Furesy.6935

You can just watch the center of the room when the 3rd laser phase starts to see where the mechanical slide comes up and trigger the laser lol…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I actually got the hand of it, you just have to be good at moving back while hitting the golems.
You have to keep an eye on the lazer since you got to get on top of the crates for the thin lazer since you cannot outrun it while keep moving to avoid the thicker lazer.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

It’s not hard…my group got through it 1 try…L2P

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Harlekin.2981

Harlekin.2981

I don´t find it hard at all. You just gotta tell your group what to do before you get in there. If they don´t act stupid after a good explanation, it should be a piece of cake.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

What’s so hard about running in circles and jumping on a box every 15ish seconds?

[Ark]Noober

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Thank you all for your replies.
I do know to run in circles and jump on the boxes, the problem starts when the golems pull me or knock me over or the laser is created where im standing.

All im saying it shouldn’t be 1 hit and you are dead.
you quickly loose the fun.

regarding the group, we were 2 gurdians, 2 rangers and a mage i think – there’s no reason a dungeon should be too hard for a group like this.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Well there’s several ways to get through the pulls – Stability is king (which those 2 guardians in your group could easily push out) and use blocking moves or aegis when you are on top of the crates and see a golem about to pull.

A good general rule of thumb is to watch the golems (so you know when they are about to pull) and dodge roll when you see the tell (this doesn’t work when you are on top of crates since you will fall off), so try to jump on top of crates at the last second to minimize pulling risk.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Furesy.6935

I do know to run in circles and jump on the boxes, the problem starts when the golems pull me or knock me over or the laser is created where im standing.

regarding the group, we were 2 gurdians, 2 rangers and a mage i think – there’s no reason a dungeon should be too hard for a group like this.

When a phase ends you should watch the center where Frizz is. You will see mechanical slides come up from the ground and those will trigger the laser fields. Just pay attention to where they aim when they come up and they will never trigger on top of you.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

This may not be true for most characters, but I wasn’t ever one hit KOed by any of the lasers except for the final one. (And trust me, I hit those lasers a lot! haha)

There does seem to be some room for error at the beginning.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RoMEJA.2651

RoMEJA.2651

I had a lot of problems with the laser room however after about 6 attempts I got the hang of it and was piece of cake..
Main pointers would be:
Bring stability skills as golems will stop and do a little animation with their arms before they will use their pull skill which is more than enough time to use the skill.
And second pointer would be not too hurry the fight, take it step by step and you will get it done. Takes a bit of practice to jump on boxes fast enough. You can also try jumping on mid section of the box and then jumping over the laser if its very close..

In conclusion all takes practice!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

And it isn’t. I completed the dungeon with a very similar group, 2 guardians, 1 ranger, and 2 elementalists. Most of the group wasn’t even max level and had to be scaled up. This particular boss battle is only difficult when people are doing it incorrectly.

Honestly, the most dangerous thing in that room is yourself if you happen to not notice the stacks of confusion debuff on you.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Waveke.8724

Waveke.8724

We just tried the dungeon and main problem with me is that when i use elite (daggerstorm) or death blossom everything i hit say’s invulnerable… so 75% of my attacks is blocked or they become invulnerable. don’t think this is ment to be ^^ anyone else ?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

We just tried the dungeon and main problem with me is that when i use elite (daggerstorm) or death blossom everything i hit say’s invulnerable… so 75% of my attacks is blocked or they become invulnerable. don’t think this is ment to be ^^ anyone else ?

It is meant to be. If you look at the instructions on the right side of your screen and the description under the mob portraits, it becomes very clear that the rotating walls buff the golems and cause them to temporarily gain a shield making them immune to damage. You can not simply avoid the walls while attacking the golems, you have to keep the golems moving so they’re not coming into contact with the walls as well.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

GoldenTruth.2853

They go invulnerable when the laser beam hits them (animation shows a shield around them and they have a “supercharged” boon).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Waveke.8724

They go invulnerable when the laser beam hits them (animation shows a shield around them and they have a “supercharged” boon).

Even when the laser is not up yet ? it happens before champion get’s in the middle. with golem it makes sense. didn’t see a boon on them but i can be mistaken…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

GoldenTruth.2853

Even when the laser is not up yet ? it happens before champion get’s in the middle. with golem it makes sense. didn’t see a boon on them but i can be mistaken…

The golem kill phase starts at the same time the lasers start O_o. Hard to completely know if its a bug or not since I don’t have a video to see but the golems get invulnerability by being supercharged, and Frizz gets invulnerability (and keeps it for the rest of the fight) at 75%.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Waveke.8724

The golem kill phase starts at the same time the lasers start O_o. Hard to completely know if its a bug or not since I don’t have a video to see but the golems get invulnerability by being supercharged, and Frizz gets invulnerability (and keeps it for the rest of the fight) at 75%.

Next time i’ll tape it so we’ll see ^^