Lvl scaling needs to far better

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Cause I am tired of the hate on lowbies. I don’t see why its so difficult to scale us to 80. I have a green weapon? I should be = to a lvl 80 green weapon, simple. I am in lvl 1 blue gear? Should be = to lvl 80 blue gear. etc etc.

I may not be able to see the end of this story just cause it so hard for me to get into a group and none have been able to kill the captain yet. What is the point of even scaling us if we A can’t do it with a lowbie group and B no one else wants a lowbie.

:[

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Is all of your equipment equal to your level? If it less than your level it will be similar to an 80 wearing sub-80 equipment.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Meriem.3504

Is all of your equipment equal to your level? If it less than your level it will be similar to an 80 wearing sub-80 equipment.

If this was true, then why do people complain still?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Jemmi.6058

It is true, and I am not sure why people complain

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Meriem.3504

It is true, and I am not sure why people complain

I don’t mean to sound rude at all but I wish what you said was true. I’ve check the numbers and they do scale up but yet when put into action, its very lacking.

In terms of dmg, when I was lvl 5 doing my first scaling event which was halloween, I couldn’t even begin to hurt those mobs yet watch lvl 80s do ok dmg to them. I had blue quality daggers which worked great with on lvl mobs.

I actually have to avoid all the mobs cause of this so my damage was not scaling all that well.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Jemmi.6058

All I said is that if you have equipment under your level than when you are scaled up the equipment is scaled up to a sub-80 quality. This is true.

Recommend that you purchase the best possible equipment for your exact level and place Minor/Major runes on it and try it again. I do not do the scaled up events very often, so it is entirely possible that they need to scale up better.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I would also double check your gear just to be sure, I know on my alts I can sometimes fall 5-15 levels behind in gear just because I only use random drops to gear them out while leveling. Also remember that most level 80s are in at least rare if not exotic gear, where the stats actually change a decent amount from masterwork. I know that isn’t too helpful (I forget what level the first rare gear is unlocked) but your damage will be taken down further when using masterwork gear compared to exotic.

(Question for those who know more about sidekicking: does just the weapon damage/armor improve when scaled up, or the stats on the gear too? And if the gear only has 1-2 stats on it, when people get scaled to 80 do they get a 3rd stat boost or not?)

I don’t mean my next line to come off as a “l2p” line, so please don’t take it as such. I haven’t tried this dungeon sidekicked, but I’ve seen a few people on the forums say that they have completed the dungeon with a low lvl (~40) person. I think with that with this dungeon being a lot harder than the previous content, and a lot of lvl 80 groups not being able to beat it, they don’t want to take the chance with having a “disadvantage” of having a lower level person. So it is possible to beat it with 1-2 non-80s but I think everyone needs to know what they’re doing/have good experience with the dungeon already, to make it easier.

You may also try posting in this thread to see if others can help you.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/skypirates/Aetherblade-Retreat-PUG-Friendly-Finder/first

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Meriem.3504

All in all, I keep getting turned down so scaling me up isn’t helping. I still can’t get a group to even BEAT captain much less get the achievements. People bail out too soon, too many leave after 1 wipe LITERALLY 1 wipe on anything, they leave. I am tempted to suggest to Anet to put in CDs for instance of it forces to commit rather then group hop until they get their perfect people.

I would also double check your gear just to be sure, I know on my alts I can sometimes fall 5-15 levels behind in gear just because I only use random drops to gear them out while leveling. Also remember that most level 80s are in at least rare if not exotic gear, where the stats actually change a decent amount from masterwork. I know that isn’t too helpful (I forget what level the first rare gear is unlocked) but your damage will be taken down further when using masterwork gear compared to exotic.

(Question for those who know more about sidekicking: does just the weapon damage/armor improve when scaled up, or the stats on the gear too? And if the gear only has 1-2 stats on it, when people get scaled to 80 do they get a 3rd stat boost or not?)

I don’t mean my next line to come off as a “l2p” line, so please don’t take it as such. I haven’t tried this dungeon sidekicked, but I’ve seen a few people on the forums say that they have completed the dungeon with a low lvl (~40) person. I think with that with this dungeon being a lot harder than the previous content, and a lot of lvl 80 groups not being able to beat it, they don’t want to take the chance with having a “disadvantage” of having a lower level person. So it is possible to beat it with 1-2 non-80s but I think everyone needs to know what they’re doing/have good experience with the dungeon already, to make it easier.

You may also try posting in this thread to see if others can help you.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/skypirates/Aetherblade-Retreat-PUG-Friendly-Finder/first

Thanks but he/she ended doing that.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

Me and my Guild have completed this dungeon at least a hundred times already, and 1/4 of the people we took through it were under leveled and in green/blue gear. And while they did occasionally spend a bit of time looking up at the ceiling, we completed every run. When you are up-leveled you do not have have access to every skill or trait that a “True” level 80 has. And you need to adjust your playstyle, because you are a bit weaker than a “True” level 80. But while you may be weaker, you just need to rely on your dodges and your skill with your class more. I have a couple members in my guild that are level 50 and are more skilled than many of the level 80 PUG’s out there.

Once you learn the Dungeon Mechanics this is actually a very fun challenging fight.

@ OP: Are you EU or NA? If you will be online in an hour and are on a NA Server, we can take you through this dungeon.

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Me and my Guild have completed this dungeon at least a hundred times already, and 1/4 of the people we took through it were under leveled and in green/blue gear. And while they did occasionally spend a bit of time looking up at the ceiling, we completed every run. When you are up-leveled you do not have have access to every skill or trait that a “True” level 80 has. And you need to adjust your playstyle becuase you are weaker than a “True” level 80. But while you may be weaker you just need to rely on your dodges and your skill with your class. I have a couple members in my guild that are level 50 and are more skilled than many of the level 80 PUG’s out there.

Once you learn the Dungeon Mechanics this is actually a very fun challanging fight.

@ OP: Are you EU or NA? If you will be online in an hour and are on a NA Server, we can take you through this dungeon.

I’ve had the same experience with the dozen runs I’ve completed. All my runs are pugs that I randomly join or invite through gw2lfg and I have never kicked anyone from my groups because of level or gear. Knowledge and experience of the dungeon mechanics are more important than level and gear.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Meriem.3504

Me and my Guild have completed this dungeon at least a hundred times already, and 1/4 of the people we took through it were under leveled and in green/blue gear. And while they did occasionally spend a bit of time looking up at the ceiling, we completed every run. When you are up-leveled you do not have have access to every skill or trait that a “True” level 80 has. And you need to adjust your playstyle, because you are a bit weaker than a “True” level 80. But while you may be weaker, you just need to rely on your dodges and your skill with your class more. I have a couple members in my guild that are level 50 and are more skilled than many of the level 80 PUG’s out there.

Once you learn the Dungeon Mechanics this is actually a very fun challenging fight.

I am NA and I should be on most of the night. I do try to carry my weight by playing medic more then the others.

I put you on my flist so just gonna wait until your on since I been trying to do this most of the day.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Meriem.3504

Update:

Thank you RagingDragon for getting me through! Though due to a lovely bug, did not get the achievement Uncleared Skies even though finished in time yay! Now I have to spend hours, which I have been already, trying to find another person willing to help me -_-

I should get achievement points just for trying to find a group! >:O

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

There is also the fact that sub-60 gear have less than 3 stats, so you will only be getting at most 33-66% of the equipment stats for a comparable lvl 80 wearing lvl appropriate greens.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Maybe, but knowing how to follow directions and be a competent player in general is more important than being a true 80. I beat AR with my bro who was using a 41 necro and he out preformed most of the 80’s we grouped with simply because he would follow directions and learn the dungeon mechanics.