Not so secret jumping puzzle guide/preview

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, as you all know, the Aetherblade jumping puzzle opens up this week! (It is still unclear if the jumping puzzle opens up today July 1 or tomorrow July 2). Here are some info to help you get started.

Where: Gendarran Fields – just south of Broadhollow Waypoint

http://i.imgur.com/OKgzIjM.jpg

Difficulty: It is not as hard as Mad King’s Clocktower but it isn’t something most people can finish in 5 minutes. While the puzzle is not timed, there are many steam jump pads inside the puzzle that can take a bit of practice to get used to. On some of the jumps, a mistake can be fatal and you will be forced to restart.

Rewards: You will be given an exotic shoulderpad (soulbound on acquire) in the puzzle chest. Unfortunately the skins are not new (for light it is the stately set, for medium it is the prowler set, and for heavy it is the heavy plate set).

Along the way, you will find three Aetherblade caches inside the puzzle. These caches are like normal jumping puzzle chests and generally doesn’t give you anything good.

Guide: Here is a video to help guide you through the puzzle (spoiler obviously). Note that the puzzle ends at 5:36 and the rest of the video show you how to get to the optional diving goggles at the very top for your #38th location for the Dive Master achievement

Added another video showing you how to get down from the very top using diving goggles for the dive master achievement

Additional link: A longer writeup with some pictures can be found here:

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/01/gw2-not-so-secret-aetherblade-jumping-puzzle-guide

Have fun!

(edited by dulfy.1493)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Wont watch it, but thaks.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Hopefully the end isn’t within portal range. Looks like a fun puzzle!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Malmis.4568

Malmis.4568

Thank you Dulfy! I will not watch… not just yet… must try first!

Friskyttarna.eu – Swedish gaming community

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

How did u make that…the puzzle is not up yet O.o just tried.

(edited by Moderator)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

The end is definitely not in portal range, although 2-3 mesmers could probably chain-portal someone up to the top.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Its because dulfy is a sky pirate, she is an NPC that evolved outside the boundaries of the game.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

-snip-
While the puzzle is not timed, there are many steam jump pads inside the puzzle that can take a bit of practice to get used to. On some of the jumps, a mistake can be fatal and you will be forced to restart.
-snip-

The puzzle not being timed makes me so happy!
I’m not such a good jumper, but as long as I can take my time to understand what is going on and to prepare for the next jump, I can finish any jumping puzzle.

Thanks for the information, Dulfy. I’m not going to watch the video because I don’t want spoilers, but I’m sure it is great, like always.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

dulfy.1493

Puzzle is now live!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Puzzle is now live!

Can you answer at my question?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

dulfy.1493

Added another video showing you how to get down from the very top using diving goggles for the dive master achievement

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Ayrilana.1396

So does this count as an extra dive for those who are still bugged with one missing?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

dulfy.1493

So does this count as an extra dive for those who are still bugged with one missing?

This should count as #38. Which bugged one are you talking about? If you are thinking of the Metrica Province one, it got fixed a while back and should allow you to 38/38 it now

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Ayrilana.1396

This should count as #38. Which bugged one are you talking about? If you are thinking of the Metrica Province one, it got fixed a while back and should allow you to 38/38 it now

Oh was that the one that was bugged? I believe I made the round to every diving location in March and couldn’t figure out which one didn’t give me credit. Great thakittens been fixed. Thanks!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

dulfy.1493

Oh was that the one that was bugged? I believe I made the round to every diving location in March and couldn’t figure out which one didn’t give me credit. Great thakittens been fixed. Thanks!

Ya check Loch Waypoint near SW portion of the map. This was the one that was bugged for the longest time but got fixed a couple months back.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Too late, mesmers can portal the end chest yay for a community that exploits all over the place (sarcasm)

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Too late, mesmers can portal the end chest yay for a community that exploits all over the place (sarcasm)

Not from the start though. You do need to do quite a bit yourself before you are within portal range.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

UrMom.4205

Not from the start though. You do need to do quite a bit yourself before you are within portal range.

nope mesmers are exploiting it, portal at chest, tp to waypoint, run to the mountain drop the portal, bam tp to the chest, rinse and repeat. There is already a youtube video on here showing how it’s done.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah.
But should we really take methods that are breaking the rules of the game into consideration?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

UrMom.4205

Ah.
But should we really take methods that are breaking the rules of the game into consideration?

No, it’s just annoying when people come on here complaining about wanting more content, when they simply port past the newly released content.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

Clocktower was easy as kitten. I wish it was a permanent in the game, maybe a non Halloween themed version

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/