Public dungeons like "mad king labyrinth"

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

How about making dungeon like areas that work like the “mad king labyrinth”. It was a mini zone with DE’s in it. That anyone could enter without grouping up. By doing the dungeon in stages and only the players who qualify can move to the next stage area. To see the next part of the story.

This suggestion isn’t criticizing the sky pirates dungeon. It’s just suggestion a new type on dungeon for living stories.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Onshidesigns.1069

Did anyone like the “mad king labyrinth”? Imagen zones like that with different themes “Ex. sky pirates” that has story driven DE’s. And multiple stages for players to unlock.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Speedfire.6732

Speedfire.6732

The halloween event is still my favorite. Everything was created to create a full experience together. I found the Mad King Realm to be extremely fun.

Not that this and other previous events are bad. The story just doesn’t feel completely right with me, don’t know why but I always seem to miss that little bit of actual event feeling. I think it is because it’s all just added to areas in the sense of “this part is decorated”, “there’s a new npc”, “there’s a dungeon npc added”.

Also, while halloween and christmas are just holidays full of ‘fun’ and events (in tradition with gw1). The other events are more “story-driven” and I think they lack a bit in terms of actual story content (in game that is, they add enough story to read on the website).
It’s all features, no decent context (with southsun being the pinnacle of story without context).

(Still think Anet is awesome for constantly giving content though)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Onshidesigns.1069

My suggestion is referring to the “mad king labyrinth”. The small zone with DE’s and not the Mad King Realm which was the dungeon. Editing the first post so people are not confused.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Onshidesigns.1069

Here’s a video on youtube a someno playing the “mad king labyrinth”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isCCS9LA3VI

Try to imagine a small “sky pirates” zone like “mad king labyrinth”. That has a story and unlockable stages.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

That labyrinth was fun. Lots of random people calling out the boss mobs so people could gather round.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: irondog.4830

irondog.4830

I was just remembering the Mad King Halloween event yesterday too. It was my favorite so far. The dungeon was fun, and even me, a low level new to mmo’s had a blast playing with PUG’s for hours. I look forward to see what Anet brings out this year.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Mad King’s Labyrinth was amazing, almost as good as the Super Adventure Box. I wouldn’t be surprised if the same guy came up with both of those ideas (and has been on vacation the rest of the time).

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Onshidesigns.1069

Renamed the post title to “Public dungeons like mad king labyrinth”. Because people know better what that is. This idea is not meant to replace normal event dungeons.

Future sky pirates living stories could include both a *public and 1 to 5 man dungeons". Public one could have DE’s that tell a story leading up to the 1 to 5 player dungeons.

Also this isn’t a Raid suggestion. But a story driven public dungeon similar to mad king labyrinth. Would have a Raid like feel to it.