Sky pirates. Big **** whoop!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Moriturus sum.2069

Moriturus sum.2069

So I logged in to GW2 hoping to carry on with a dungeon I’m working slowly through. But no, it’s time for another of ArenaNets 150mb downloads for a game-in-a-game that I could care less about.

It’s getting painful. At least once a week I have to wait while yet another megadownload chugs through. At least pace it a bit. Right now I get the ‘enough already’ feeling.

This might not be a popular sentiment with the hard-core players who frequent this forum, but I wonder how many casual players just can’t be bothered with download after massive download and find other games.

Put off the newbies enough and you end up with a gaming ghetto.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Well, it was only a matter of time until people complained about the game getting too many content updates.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

Yeah, the downloads kinda suck, but I just came in to drop a counterargument to this quote.

“Put off the newbies enough and you end up with a gaming ghetto.”

Counterargument: Eve Online, Dark Souls

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: beelzebuck.3678

beelzebuck.3678

Yeah… Free new content.. Nothing quite gets on my nerves like game developers giving me something new to do for no cost except a download.. It’s borderline offensive!! Lol

Menos Oitos/80 Guardian, Beelzebuck/80 Necro.
Abzu Bia/80 Warrior
[OCX] – SoR

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

A WHOLE 150 MB!! THAT’S UNHEARD OF WTF

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

A WHOLE 150 MB!! THAT’S UNHEARD OF WTF

4 seconds to download something is a long time for some people :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: microdark.7013

microdark.7013

Sorry, but thats ridiculous. It’s not the first time you complain about updates being more than 100 Mb. Most people complain about not having enough updates, you are the first i see complaining about having big updates. Simply get a better connection or plan, if you can’t have, start your update some minutes before you can play. If you can’t do one of the 2, i can only ask you why are you playing an MMO when its expected to have regular updates. If you didn’t read the update page, i can inform you that there have been massive changes is several maps as well as skills, it is bound to be a big update.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

The update takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes max, if you cannot spare waiting 2 minutes per week for FREE content WOW.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’m laying in bed surfing on my iPad. When I read the OP, I LOL’d and woke my wife up. I’ll agree this game has many issues for many people, but this is REALLY going off the deep end.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Back in my day, we used to thank the gods of whatever mmo we were playing at the time for an update. Hell, you could go months without a content update or anything major with classes. Kids these days, with their youtubes, and cable modems….no respect!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

And yet I get the feeling OP doesn’t feel bad about downloading 8gb ripped blu-rays.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Yeah… Free new content.. Nothing quite gets on my nerves like game developers giving me something new to do for no cost except a download.. It’s borderline offensive!! Lol

LOL! classic! I know what you mean, how dare they use up my precious bandwidth with free content! Its outrageous and must stop!

We should picket outside their offices “Put a stop to free content!!”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Psy.7386

Psy.7386

We get new content to do, new areas, new loot and what not, and you complain? Get the hell off our game, man. I played World of Warcraft for five years, and the RARE times they would give us such new content, would be a freaking expansion. This is a god send, and you’re a blind selfish player.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I just had to wait 2 seconds for some more patches!! what is this insanity! I could of spent those 2 seconds on something else that was important! Luckily I was paying attention to my screen or I would of missed it and couldn’t come in here and complain.