Thank you ANet, for not nerfing AR difficulty

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Not everything should be basically given to us.

On a side note, stop telling us where to go directly through mail, but instead hint at it, like during the Southsun Cove release.

Those who want to be told exactly where to go and what to do, can search it up online.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Not everything should be basically given to us.

On a side note, stop telling us where to go directly through mail, but instead hint at it, like during the Southsun Cove release.

Those who want to be told exactly where to go and what to do, can search it up online.

I’m fine with the difficulty, but I think for everyone it’s better that we’re told where to go instead of hints. Some people were still asking about when the fireworks were or when dragon bash ended, when those things have been posted for weeks between the wiki/official page for that event/various guides for that event/etc. So I think the people that want to be told don’t realize that there are plenty of ways to look stuff up.

Though maybe give slightly cryptic mail letters and be explicit in the “Show Me” button, to allow for those that want to, to try to figure things out themselves.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

The ironic thing is the hardest content, is also the shortest content. For such a hard dungeon AR should stay WAAAAAAAAAAAY longer online. The last two hardest achievements i will now have to skip.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People should learn to read the patch notes. You see them linked after each update as you log into the game. People need to help themselves. I also believe that the heralds directed you where to go. They were put in the game for a reason.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

No you are right OP, if you want to complete the story you should be a super elitist who can spend 3 days failing the dungeon to finally succeed. Anything less is a giveaway. I mean who are those casual players to think they deserve to be a part of the story anyways?

*Note the whole thing was sarcasm, and I am completely kitten ed at the way this dungeon was handled and how elitist jerks seem to think they are the only ones who deserve to finish out the storyline of temporary content

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I would like to thank you for a difficult dungeon as well, but difficult in the sense of “I’m needing more practice” or “I’m going to need to figure this out” rather than “get a better/Zerker party”.

. . . and no, I didn’t complete the dungeon. I tried twice and one group plowed headlong into Frizz and failed continuously on the wall and beam segment. After roughly an hour, we called it. The second time, didn’t make it quite so far as the gate fight wiped us twice and people ditched.

It felt a lot like my first run through Urgoz’s Warren way back in the dawn of my time with a proper guild Carnage, pure carnage and tears. Then we got better.

My regret is the Retreat is gone now.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I have no problem with difficult content or challenges in the game, but what I disliked about this dungeon was that it was a conclusion to a storyline that was introduced by easier, soloable content.

This misleads casual players into thinking they will be able to see the whole Aetherblade story because the first chapters are soloable. Instead, they are blocked from seeing the story’s resolution by difficult grouped content with a limited window to accomplish it.

The dungeon claims it is ‘Story Mode’ but with encounters like Frizz’s lab it is clearly at the level of Explorer Mode difficulty. There should have been a true Story Mode for players who simply wanted to see the fate of Mai Trin and the resolution of the Aetherblade plot without offering all of the achievements or rewards. These rewards could have been offered in an Explorer Mode at the dungeon’s current level of difficulty. It is utterly perplexing why ArenaNet ignored this mechanic that has worked so well with their other dungeons.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)