The new JP is awesome

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

It’s okay since it is not harder than the dungeon. And it even stays permanent while the ultrahard dungeon is only temporary. You can even do the JP in a few weeks if you don’t have the 1 hour of time now(1 hour should be enough … falling down a few times… getting used to it and then finishing it – also try using the Dulfy guide, helped me a lot – biggest problem is figuring out where to go… and at some jumps to face the right direction/angle and Dulfy mentions this saving you some deaths).

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Daala.4258

Daala.4258

The new JP is challenging with great surroundings (that shipyard is awesome) and I love it. Please dont change anything!

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

The new Jumping Puzzle is good, not great but good still.

This jumping puzzle uses bit too much these “fail and do it completely again” jumps. I would like some more “checkpoints” where you would either tele back or just wouldn’t need to start all over again. Currently this isn’t going to be too hard since there are quite much people to ress you.
However; when the time goes by about 3-5 days there aren’t going to be this much people to be jumping with you and this can get quite annoying.

Then about the Diving Goggles.
Too much about pure luck here instead of skill. At first you don’t even have idea where to jump. (be honest, most people check now guide to make sure they don’t fail here) Once you get idea where to jump it’s still pure luck that you jump on right point since you can’t see a thing since there is “illusion wall”

TL;DR = Good atm, gets stupid soon when there aren’t going to be people to ress you…

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

So, towards the end of that pirate cove JP in Lion’s Arch, there’s a part where if you fall to your death, the game respawns you at a point where there is no waypoint. Couldn’t they have put something like that in the large room of this JP, if only so players didn’t have to do the opening sections over again?

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

Obisidian Sanctum is easier than this piece of puppy.

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Personally, I found the difficulty to be quite right. It was challenging, but not rage-quit frustrating (for me anyway).

My only complaint is the level of punishment for failure. You fall, you die. It’d be nice if more area below was water, or there was an auto-res system, or something..

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Too bad that u can’t chose the stat of the armor’s pieces u get from this jp; but at any rate a guaranteed exotic means more Ectos.

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

Too bad that u can’t chose the stat of the armor’s pieces u get from this jp; but at any rate a guaranteed exotic means more Ectos.

You can’t salvage it

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet new and interesting people as they rez you, or you rez them, or you watch people falling by together. Or fall together with them watching the ground briefly. Totally people are being brought together. YaY!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

I’ve done coddlers cove. That wasn’t fun either. This is essentially an extended coddlers cove.

Anything that makes you start from the beginning from an error in a long sequence is, by definition, bad gaming design.

People started learning this shortly after the NES and Sega master system launched by introducing passcodes, so you didn’t have to start from the beginning again (and for a few games there were even save states).

Heck, most games had save states by the time the 90’kitten and now we’re in 2013 …

Look, being penalized and forced to start from the beginning is not the only way to introduce “challenge”. There is nothing intellectual about pressing the same sequence of buttons ad nauseam in a certain order at a certain time.

In fact, it’s the very opposite: it encourages you to stop thinking and let instinct dictate your moves, because your brain is no longer trying to solve a problem, it’s trying to cope with having to do the same thing again and again..

There are VERY WELL designed, yet difficult jumping puzzles, that either offer some kind of leniency for mistakes made during the puzzle by offering alternate, albeit more difficult paths, like in rookery, or simply add pseudo-waypoints (like in Goemms lab), so you don’t have to do the same thing OVER and OVER again.

If anything, JPs like this encourage cheating for the reward through portals and/or necromancer spirit walk tedium.

Not to mention, as many others before me have, the camera is incredibly annoying, the hit boxes for springs are out of whack (you will be pushed up at distances further than your characters hitbox with a norn/charr))… and the puzzle sort of messes with your mind when you see the platforms leading up to your almost certain demise in lieu of the chest.

If you liked it, then good for you. I am just providing my personal feedback.

Edit: Thank you Arenanet for deleting my thread and “consolidating” it with this obviously skewed thread. I guess they don’t want to hear what people might not like about the map.

(edited by crestpiemangler.7631)

The new JP is awesome

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

While I totally skipped the dungeon content, this jumping puzzle is heaps of fun! Thought I’d have problems due to lag from oz + gear mechanics but it wasn’t the case as I managed to reach the chest and get up to the goggles with no problems. Ofcourse, diving the entirely wrong direction at the end resulted in me going splat but otherwise it is great! Especially with all the people there atm because I like talking! :P

Two strange things though: One, my dive count got to 38 despite me jumping the wrong way (I’m fine with that :P). Secondly, while trying to get back up there for the hell of it I was helping other people fight aetherblade scum near the first chest. After defeating veteran number 4 or 5 (I fell a lot, sometimes intentionally when I saw people fighting on low health) I was suddenly teleported into the air high above a bay filled with sharks and after falling in, swam to shore where there was a camp of singing pirates. Did I step on some sort of trap?

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)