+ 200% MF

+ 200% MF

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

True story:

Alright, so I got a magic find boost, nice. With the bonfire it should stack pretty well. I’ll check how much. opens H menu

Reaction:

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

But the loots still rubbish and the +200% MF boost just proves how rubbish MF is when you still don’t get any rares, never mind exotics or something even remotely good…

Good job I don’t play GW2 for the loot…

+ 200% MF

Bubi.7942

Dunno, I got 3 rares within 90 mins, and I wasn’t even farming (did JPs and stuff). So it worked out for me:)

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

But the loots still rubbish and the +200% MF boost just proves how rubbish MF is when you still don’t get any rares, never mind exotics or something even remotely good…

I’ve been enjoying the GF buff instead, I got 5 silver from one young karka

it’s like farming CoF, but it can be done by people who aren’t zerker warriors and mesmers, and is actually fun :P

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’ve been enjoying the GF buff instead, I got 5 silver from one young karka

it’s like farming CoF, but it can be done by people who aren’t zerker warriors and mesmers, and is actually fun :P

Also try the Champions inciting riots

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

i had yesterday 412% magic find. I do have almost full ascended set for it tough.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I got 203% due to a random piece of gear, but nothing from my food, so I guess it won’t stack with other consumables. If you have a MF set though…

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

I have engineer geared with 200+ MF just from gear, runes, ascended and food. And yet i prefer to just run thief with no MF in PvE.

Never seemed to do anything really.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

I got 203% due to a random piece of gear, but nothing from my food, so I guess it won’t stack with other consumables. If you have a MF set though…

I think the food just doesn’t show or something.

Disciple of Quag

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Mokey.6753

Mokey.6753

I’ve always found mf pretty useless, a while ago our group that does fractal runs decided to do a run through lv2 with about 130% mf on. The 5th person arrived late (we were mid way through the first fractal) and joined in without getting any magic find at all. In the end I think 2 of the people with magic find got a yellow each and the person with no magic find at all got 3 exotics drop. :|

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

0.3% instead of 0.1% still is a very low chance.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

+ 200% MF

Bubi.7942

Don’t forget MF only affects loot you get from kills, and does not effect chests.

Iruwen: But you can also view it as they have tripled your chances:)

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

I think the food just doesn’t show or something.

Could be. I don’t really notice the difference anyway though, so it’d be hard to verify. Hell magic find could do absolutely nothing and we’d probably never know for sure…

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I had 300% with all of the buffs. It did work as I got the potent bloods quite often than without. I got maybe 12 powerful bloods during that hour too. The more MF you have the better. Then it’s all up to your luck with RNG.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

At 400% MF i’m pulling in about 2 consortium crates an hour with about 4g an hour of additional loot, not counting ectos since I keep those. The boost is very noticeable.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

the 200 boost + 50 from bonfire 10 from guild more from gear more from laurel vendor and still more from an omnomberry tray left me sitting at 405%.

Tonight Im adding a hero banner and a couple rings and accesories to see how high I can get it.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Archon Trieste.3109

Archon Trieste.3109

A group of us karka farmed for about 5 hours yesterday. We had magic find ranging from 200 to 411. The two guys with over 400 magic find got noticeably better drops than anyone under the 400 range, powerful bloods, lots of rares and a few exotics and rare dyes. At 370 whenever they got a powerful I got a potent, they got a powerful i got a karka shell and on down the line. So, 400+ seems to be required to get the gee whiz drops.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I got a fair amount of t6 mats and like 3 yellows last night, not sure if that’s standard on Southsun though since I never really farmed it before or anything.

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

At 400% MF i’m pulling in about 2 consortium crates an hour with about 4g an hour of additional loot, not counting ectos since I keep those. The boost is very noticeable.

Between me and someone I know who were both playing with the MF% boost up, he was getting crates and I’d forgotten they even existed, never having seen one. He also got a jetpack to my nothing in the molten facility, and two arachnophobias to my one in the mad king dungeon. And we’re pretty much always using the same food/boost as each other. So… unless I’m just Wi Flagged or something, I’d not take success while using MF% gear/boosts as necessarily a sign that you’d have done noticeably worse otherwise at that particular time.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I mostly use MF to farm materials (hello pretty lodestones). Been farming Karkas with ~400% MF and the Vials of Powerful Blood have been popping like crazy, as well as a ton of Karka Shells and Venom Sacs (not sure if possible but sometimes a few of the Veteran Karkas are dropping 2 Karka Shells for me :o )

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

I mostly use MF to farm materials (hello pretty lodestones). Been farming Karkas with ~400% MF and the Vials of Powerful Blood have been popping like crazy, as well as a ton of Karka Shells and Venom Sacs (not sure if possible but sometimes a few of the Veteran Karkas are dropping 2 Karka Shells for me :o )

You know the karka shells are pretty meh for value, and the drakes/skelk/etc. die faster if you want blood (in a non-creepy sense).

+ 200% MF

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

You know the karka shells are pretty meh for value, and the drakes/skelk/etc. die faster if you want blood (in a non-creepy sense).

Yeah but you need 250 of them to upgrade the back thingy and 1000 of them for the Ancient Karka Shell thingy.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Dunno, I got 3 rares within 90 mins, and I wasn’t even farming (did JPs and stuff). So it worked out for me:)

Remember, Anet has already stated that MF doesn’t work on chests. It only applies to monster kill drops.

+ 200% MF

Bubi.7942

Alright so…

I was farming with a friend on Southsun yesterday. I was on for 3 hours, he was on for 2 and a half.

My results (not counting chests): about 6-7 rares + 3 consortium chests

His results: 9 rares + 1 exo

Conclusion: It works. And it’s awesome. The only thing what may hinder it, that there are less mobs in southsun, compared to Orr. At Orr, mobs come to you in groups of 10 (think Melandru or Grenth chain), so you can take them out in 2-3 AoEs, meaning more loot. Here the mobs don’t cluster, and are pretty ‘hard’ to kill – but with the MF boost, it’s still very much worth it.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

If you have a 0.1% chance to loot an exo, a 200% boost still only makes a 0.2% chance.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

As pointless as both sides of this argument are, I got 3 rares from random mobs in about 2 hours and 2 rares at once from the instigator chest (no idea if MF even works there), then another 2 hours without rares.

I was playing with 300% MF during that time. Take that as you will, I’m not even sure if that supports the argument for or against MF’s usefulness.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I hope they fix MF here!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I hope they fix MF here!

They claim to have fixed it and have said it is now working as intended(I’ll let everyone decide for themselves about this)

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

+ 200% MF

Bubi.7942

If you have a 0.1% chance to loot an exo, a 200% boost still only makes a 0.2% chance.

Uhm… 0,3% to be precise, wich is still an estimated value.

Also: I’m fine with rares, exo is a bonus:)

Also also: rare prices have dropped a lot since the release of the patch. Coincidence?

Also also also: If the coin buff is working correctly, why wouldn’t this work?

Anyways, I’m gonna be farming here for the next few days/weeks:)

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Captain Harlock.1568

Captain Harlock.1568

I learned exotics drop in steel boxes instead of wooden ones:P

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

Yeah but you need 250 of them to upgrade the back thingy and 1000 of them for the Ancient Karka Shell thingy.

So farm better stuff and buy them. :P

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

What is the best way to achieve 200+ MF?

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

In SC? Talk to the settler(s) with a star over his head, select third option.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Sorry I should have said with gear. I keep seeing people say they have 400% I would like to shoot for this or at least have 200% even after southsun.

Edit: I guess if you have full ascended MF gear you could get it easy.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

(edited by Excursion.9752)

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

Sorry I should have said with gear. I keep seeing people say they have 400% I would like to shoot for this or at least have 200% even after southsun.

Edit: I guess if you have full ascended MF gear you could get it easy.

Consumables have a pretty big impact on top of gear as well. This is one I tend to use a lot. Some people think it’s broken due to not showing up in the H menu but I imagine that’s probably to do with its special condition. Alternatively, this. But yeah, if you want to really stack loads of it I guess pick one of the MF gear types you can build around the stats on and start accumulating bits.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Grinn Tyaz.4970

Grinn Tyaz.4970

I farm the island with a friend of mine. I just take the MF boost from the NPC while my friend takes it and has MF gear and food so that he has over 400% MF bonus.

Until now I’ve found 2 supply crates. So has he. I’ve found several pieces of rare quality gear (4 rare weapons the last hour we’ve played), he has not found a single one…

+ 200% MF

Posted by: paladini.7823

paladini.7823

Errrr the problem is reaching 400% mf, my thief got 300%MF only (irony here…).
Only found yellow stuff like once or twice.

So this means above 400% MF you may find exotics?

Paladini – Sanctum Of Rall

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

And I thought I was bad at math. If the boost is +100% (.1 × 2 since adding a hundred percent value to something doubles it) then it would be .2% and a 200% boost would result in a .3% boost if the base value were .1%. Though it still is small I just wanted to point out some of the flawed logic in some posts here.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I got an exotic from a Crazed Young Karka, with the +200% MF buff. Nuff said.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

Errrr the problem is reaching 400% mf, my thief got 300%MF only (irony here…).
Only found yellow stuff like once or twice.

So this means above 400% MF you may find exotics?

You may find exotics without any MF at all. It’s a little misleading since it does say 0 if you haven’t any MF gear or buffs, but that’s a measurement of your bonus to magic find, and doesn’t include whatever the base chance is.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

Today I got 3 consortium box (from mob loot) (I don’t know the english name, sorry), and in one of them there were “Mini Kasmeer”.
I only had the +200% MF.

Vizunah Square

(edited by olleN.2356)

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I’ve been farming T6s with the settler buff on and I’ve been seeing other people do it too (leave me alone with the reef skelks!).

+ 200% MF

Posted by: TheBusinessEnd.3942

TheBusinessEnd.3942

How to prove if MF works

Step 1: Learn staticstics

Step 2: Perform a controlled experement at each respective level of MF 0%,100%, 200%… over the course of X number of days to accumulate an accurate data pool

Step 3: Use learned statistics

Step 4: Conclude whether MF actually works based on your mathematical findings

How to not prove if MF works

Compare how much rare crap you found to how much rare crap your friend found after a few hours.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Noko.8610

Noko.8610

How to prove if MF works

Step 2: Perform a controlled experement at each respective level of MF 0%,100%, 200%… over the course of X number of days to accumulate an accurate data pool

Compare how much rare crap you found to how much rare crap your friend found after a few hours.

Based on drop results after one hour of karka farming before (90% MF) and now (353% MF) I have gone from a avarage of 4 powerful blood to about 11.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I had full MF gear on plus the +200 buff so we are looking at arounf 400mf and got diddly squat except lessons on how to die real fast.

I came back the next day with full Knights and Zerkers and the 200 mf buff and got two crates full of crud in 30 minutes, but i still got 2 crates

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

How to prove if MF works

Should also include a way to limit bias due to DR, like separating the tests with a day of doing something totally different elsewhere. And wouldn’t it be better to also record the number of kills?

+ 200% MF

Bubi.7942

An update:

Last night I farmed for 4 hours. Gotten about 8 rares + 3 consortium chest (and of course lots and lots of materials).

I think I’m gonna settle there too. At this rate I’ll gladly work for the consortium anyday.

Ps.: Friend got an exo again. Starting to hate him.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I got an exotic from a Crazed Young Karka, with the +200% MF buff. Nuff said.

Actually that says nothing.

Because I got 2 rares and an exotic in the hour I played out there today…. and im in full zerker. with 0% MF.

+ 200% MF

LameFox.6349

At this rate I’ll gladly work for the consortium anyday.

…but they give you gold-find instead.

+ 200% MF

Posted by: TheBusinessEnd.3942

TheBusinessEnd.3942

How to prove if MF works

Should also include a way to limit bias due to DR, like separating the tests with a day of doing something totally different elsewhere. And wouldn’t it be better to also record the number of kills?

Performing a “controlled experiment,” as I had previously stated, would eliminate bias. Each data pool would have to be gathered form the same type and number of mob over the same amount of time for X number of days. If instructions are still unclear, repeat Step 1 of How to prove MF works.