Crab Toss Achievements Bugged

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Doomzdayer.1984

Doomzdayer.1984

Recently while playing Crab Toss i noticed that the point tally in non of the corresponding achievements was going up whilest performing the necessary actions.

Tested it out on multiple characters and indeed the achievements are stuck in place.

Kinda sucked cause i finally had the crab when everyone else was downed, looked up with a smile, and no achievement :’(

Posted by: Orea Cabal.3897

Orea Cabal.3897

Same here, I tried both of the achiefment (daily crab toss & Crabtacular). We all don’t get the achiefment after its fixed, right?

Posted by: Zumo.2164

Zumo.2164

Same here im stuck at 229/300 for getting crabs.

Posted by: Reya.1895

Reya.1895

stuck at 214/300 crab-carrying competitor

Posted by: Anomander.3820

Anomander.3820

Same here – missing out on the participation achievement and the 4-5 carries I have done. Also super bummed that as a level 10, I can purchase the omelet for the achievement, but cannot eat it, even though I am up-leveled to 80. What’s the deal with that?

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

I won 5 times + already and I still didn’t get my daily achievement done.

Posted by: Sparonia.6730

Sparonia.6730

I won this event for the first time today. I struggled with it for 2 hours yesterday. Attached is a screenshot of my win. I just want my title..please.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

Also would like to mention that the daily achivement is not registering either. it seems anything achivement realted to crab toss is currently not working.

Posted by: Doomzdayer.1984

Doomzdayer.1984

It seems it’s fixed now, achievements registering properly again

Posted by: Valior.4712

Valior.4712

Great, now to waste more time in Crab toss to get the champ again and hope it will actually count.

Pike ‘n’ Square
Nythanryn Zior, human necromancer | and others

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

My things still aren’t counting.. i was so happy to finally hold the crab when the game was over for the first time, but I didn’t get daily or the achievement, nor did I get any counts towards crabgrabber…

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Magician Kaftan.1732

Magician Kaftan.1732

yea, won crab toss 3 times today and no daily achievement.

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

I am not getting credit for even entering the event. I received initial credit, then it disappeared.

Now, I have no credit for doing this event.

Posted by: Dividia.1634

Dividia.1634

I’m not getting credit for any of the Crab Toss achievements either, and it totally sucks because even one would give me completion of the “25 southsun achievements” achievement. Really not cool!

Posted by: legendarybuckeye.3574

legendarybuckeye.3574

Yup, definitely bugged.

Won the Crab Toss 3 times today, and no daily achievement rewarded.

Posted by: Textman.1347

Textman.1347

Has anyone heard any word on the bugged Daily achievement issue? The following day, it seems to be fixed for me, but what about yesterday? It’s bad enough that the Crab Toss Champion is in the daily to begin with. But to not give us the achievement after we do it???

I’ve been checking this fourm several times a day but heard nothing so far, any one else hear anything?

thanks.

Posted by: Genocidal.8615

Genocidal.8615

Still bugged for me. I need to finish Crabgrabber for the title, but none of my grabs are counting.

Valior.4712

Does it work properly again?

Pike ‘n’ Square

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I finished my Crabgrabber last night after the dailies reset, and also got credit for the Daily Crab Toss Champion, so I would imagine the achievements work again.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Textman.1347

Textman.1347

Any word on if we’re getting the missing achievement points awarded to us or not?

Valior.4712

So I guess there was no free title for those didn’t get it due the bug.

Pike ‘n’ Square

Posted by: KrakenAZ.9367

KrakenAZ.9367

Started playing the game last weekend. Have not earned a single achievement, including the gimme for participating.

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Same. My grab and carries no longer count at all.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Mine aren’t working, what is the deal??

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

Same. Can’t believe they’re removing this stuff when I can’t finish crabgrabber through no fault of my own :|

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

I tried it yesterday and it wasn’t working for me either.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Ya all the crab toss achievements are broken. I started doing all southsun sachievements today following the dulfy guide. I entered the crab toss and did not receive the achievement for participating also didn’t get the achievement for winning.

Posted by: Kyrath.6350

Kyrath.6350

Getting no progress on these titles either today, picking it up after working on other stuff for a few days … luckily I got crab toss champion previously, more than a week ago, and I am half way to crabgrabber and 1/3 way to crab carrier but no further progress at all today from well over an hour’s play … slightly miffed! Hearing that crab toss is being removed after the current story … ? Please don’t, at least not before you fix this and give us back the time we need to catch up!

Posted by: elixabethclaire.8324

elixabethclaire.8324

Still not able to progress Crabgrabber and Crab-Carrying Competitor (only two titles left), so not sure how fixed this is.

The Flameseeker Prophecies will be fulfilled. Make peace with the gods before it’s too late!

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Broken for me too. Can’t increment count for Crab-Carrying Competitor or Crabgrabber. It would be nice if they kept the event in for a while after Southsun is finished to allow us to finish the achievements.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m not impressed one bit, I finally managed to get everyone steam rolled while chasing me I even got the message that I had eliminated my opposition only to find out Arena Net broke the achievements after. Not happy at all.

#ELEtism

Posted by: ahstanford.5967

ahstanford.5967

Same here. I made it more than 1/2 way through the Crabtacular and Crabgrabber achievements, but they have since stopped counting additional progress.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Well, ArenaNet has successfully ignored the fact that all the crabtossing achievements have been broken for the last week, so I guess none of us who still need to finish are going to get to.

Thanks ArenaNet.

Posted by: Beta Sprite.4169

Beta Sprite.4169

I didn’t notice any of them being broken, nor do I know of any instance where you need to finish them.

Elaboration please?

~Beta

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

@Beta….for me, crab carries and steals/grabs no longer were counting….so I can’t finish those two.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

@Beta

None of the crabtossing achievements are currently “detecting” any progress toward them, so if you haven’t already completed them there’s no way to complete them. Since the event ends tomorrow, that means we’ll likely never be able to complete them.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

This is just kittening bullkitten. Why add something in the kittening game if you are not going to fix this kitten.

I grabbed the grab and least 10 times and not one was added to my total.

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

Hmm, glad I took the time to knock out all of the Southsun stuff as it was added

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I have been doing crabtoss in Southsun Cove for several days now to get the event achievements done. They refuse to update; my status bar for “Crab Toss Participant” “Crab-Carrying Competitior” and “Crabtacular!” have refused to budge.

Furthermore, it will not give me the Daily Achievement “Crab Toss Champion” when I win a full matchup.

I have been a committed player since pre-release which means that these are the only special event achievements the game list as not completed.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

15 more steal and I’m done with all the southsun achievements and yet it’s bugged on the very last few days… better yet with no response from any Anet staff.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Pinhead.8713

Pinhead.8713

me too, i win it 2 times already and i dont get the archievement “crab toss champion” :S

Posted by: Rukral.2870

Rukral.2870

Reposting here as people don’t seem to check out the bug report threads as much as Living Story despite this being a bug.

As of this post, Crab Toss is still broken. Just popped in now to check and managed to even fill crabtacular requirements. No achievements, no progress on crab grabber and crab carrying.
I contacted Support on this and and had a short back and forth with them, first getting the standard “Please report this on the forums or in a bug report.” response. I informed support that I had gone through the standard bug support procedures but due to the timed and thus delicate nature of the problem, I was concerned by lack of communication on the problem through any of Arenanet’s normal communication channels. Support responded as below (slightly reformatted to fit the spoiler).

Thank you for contacting us once more regarding this bug with the Crab Toss activity. I understand that it can be frustrating not to see immediate results based on your in-game report. Keep in mind that even if we are able to verify a report made through the game it can take time to resolve the issue. The exact amount of time can vary wildly based on the severity and complexity of each issue. As it has been reported both In-Game and on the Forums, I can tell the Development Team is aware of this issue at this time and they are currently working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2 news. Please let us know if you have any other questions concerns. Thanks again!

So from the looks of this, it seems that they are aware and doing something about the issue. I guess now we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Posted by: Ekriel.9601

Ekriel.9601

Hopped on to get the rest of the crab grabs I needed for the title, and nothing is counting.

I’m gonna be kind of annoyed if I miss out on the title because of this. The living story is a great idea but you cannot afford to let things get this buggy when your players are already on a time limit. I would gladly take slightly less frequent content over rushed and buggy content.

Posted by: KrakenAZ.9367

KrakenAZ.9367

The lack of dev response on this issue is disheartening. I really hope they end up extending crab toss for at least a week. I’ve played off and on for the last two weeks without any achievement credit. I’d like to at least get the participation and victor ones, since I’ve qualified several times.

Posted by: Carcerus.9107

Carcerus.9107

I’ve been keeping an eye on this for the last couple of days and I’m disappointed that the window for completing these achievements is closing without them being fixed.

Stuck on 42/100 and 216/300 and would have had the achievement for holding the crab last several times over if it had been working. Fortunately I won when it was working and did get that achievement, but alas …

you cannot afford to let things get this buggy when your players are already on a time limit..

Of course they can. Maybe you and I can’t afford it in terms of investing our time in something that didn’t provide the compensation that seemed to be offered, but they certainly can. The content will be gone and with it the obligation to properly maintain it. That’s the great thing about temporary content from a developer’s perspective. The amount of time games have to spend in the oven, so to speak, is not trivial, and temporary content allows them to mostly skip that step. A lot of people would rather eat cookie dough than fresh baked chocolate chip cookies anyway.

In today’s MMO world where players chew up content and then move on, it’s arguably considerably more efficient to do it this way. How many people are going to stop playing because they couldn’t get their title or achievements? 1? 2? 10? Whatever number it is it’s not significant. Over the long haul, a trend of buggy temporary content can certainly be a contributing factor in a more significant number of players leaving the game, but it’s not going to cause it outright.

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

I just won crab toss and didn’t get the achievement nor do I have any “grabs” or “carried” counts in my other ones. Am I misunderstanding how this game and the achievements work or is it more bugged content?

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

It’s bugged, Toggles.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

It’s bugged, Toggles.

=/

Glad I wasted my time working for it.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Lots of us are in that boat. An extension and a fix are almost essential as a mea culpa here.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: spsworkz.4986

spsworkz.4986

I haven’t gotten my achievement to increase the count at all either for the past few days. Talked to some people and they said it sometimes work just before daily’s reset, but don’t know how reliable that is as it’s not done anything for me.