Don't play crab toss on an engie

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

My advice is don’t use an engie for crab toss. You will be at a disadvantage. Speed signets seem to still work in the minigame and guardians still get to use their passive aegis. Only play engie if you like to be the underdog

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

As an Engie, I’ve noticed some of these issues too.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I used my mesmer (also has no speed signet) but I didn’t seem to be at a disadvantage. Are you guys sure about that?

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The guardian passive aegis do pop up.Not sure about speed signet.But I see lots of thief/ranger getting good score there.
Hope it fix with the crabtacular achievement

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I can for certain confirm guardian aegis but can’t 100% on signets. Though other people have also noticed they seem to be significantly faster than others.

Posted by: Katlyntje.7962

Katlyntje.7962

Oh, so NOW you tell me! Yeah, I kinda felt like my character was drunk while trying to play the game :P

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. BOOM!

Primary: Gizzmologist Saikka – Asura Engineer

Posted by: judgement.9842

judgement.9842

I played for a long time yesterday on my engineer and did seem slow I could not win a single game, and I did seems sluggish to others.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If you have superior runes of speed, does the 6) +5% speed work?

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

That kinda explain why i always seem at a disadvantage (aside from some lag issues).
I wonder why they didn’t disable them properly, meh.

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Lol no need to be baddies trying to cheat the system. I play on a warrior and have won every single match ive entered. Just get good and prob solved…

Posted by: Spart.6578

Spart.6578

I was able to do it just fine as an Engineer. Speaking of which, if people are using Speed Signets, would Power Shoes be usable? I have that traited (i don’t do sPvP, so I don’t really have a build) and since we’re always in combat, it should always be active no?

Either way I’m in full support for any movement increases to be disabled (trait/signet/rune) in Crab Toss.

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Would like to point out that this thread is a load of bull. Signets do not work in crabtoss for a number fo reasons, your skill bar is replaced and you can test this with a warrior and the regen signet (as i have done). Also traits do not work ether. i have tested this on my engi traiting into the dodgemaster build. Guardians aegis does seem to work however but only the first one then it does not reaply itself. As i mentioned above i play an engineer main and i love crabtoss an insidentally i win almost all the games i play. If your having issue’s running from people you might want to practice more or mabie check your conditions to see if you have karka cripple lol. Lastly i will sumerise what i have said above. signets DO. NOT. WORK. neather do traits. I have tested thos on my engie, thief, guardian and warrior.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

If trait did work, imagine the havoc when a mesmer dodge. Suddenly, four crab carriers on the field! That would be sooo rad :P

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Passive non-rng boosts (runes, signet, passive class mechanic effects) all work in the crap toss arena if you have them in normal and pvp (since it uses pvp setups), but why be a kitten when you could nicely ask people to help you and then you help them get the achivements?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

well i had a simple solution since engineer is a Clown class as intended i decided to troll players so all i do in crab toss is smack people with planks and then grab fishing rod and conch and pull/fear to oblivion the winning players mainly the warriors and thiefs specially the ones that insult others.

Aarean.5398

Lol its a relief to be a warrior in a pvp aspect of the game and not be pushed around because of class choice. So the smack talk slides out for some. Im just glad to have a fair chance as everyone else

Rezzet.3614

Lol its a relief to be a warrior in a pvp aspect of the game and not be pushed around because of class choice. So the smack talk slides out for some. Im just glad to have a fair chance as everyone else

i take that chance from warriors that obviously are exploiting a game mechanic >:L

hail the fishing rod of doom!

Aarean.5398

i take that chance from warriors that obviously are exploiting a game mechanic >:L

Fishing rod isnt as great as you think! Havent touched that thing once but also havent lost a match yet

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I was playing with a guardian for a while and eventually people claimed I was hacking. Once one person would claim I was, they all believed it. They seemed like new players since I was absolutely dominating the matches while toying with them.

I can only assume they thought I was hacking due to the guardian’s occasional block, unless they were really new and referring to something as simple as dodging or knocking them down… or maybe… the 0 damage their #1 skill would do :/.

… so don’t play a guardian, because a bunch of new players might rage report you.

Rezzet.3614

Fishing rod isnt as great as you think! Havent touched that thing once but also havent lost a match yet

as i said im not using the rod to win i use it to pull/fear with conch players for the sake of anoying their life

Posted by: Captain.1348

Captain.1348

As a thief I will honestly say that Signet’s and Trait speed boosts do not work. Trust me I tried them before I went a different path.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I can confirm that the speed boosting signets do not work as a Ranger and a Necromancer. (I have them on my bar by default. It wasn’t intentional.) I have noticed that the Guardian’s Aegis still works, but only for the first attack on them. It doesn’t seem to renew after that.