Drake confusion application

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Lifelost.5627

Lifelost.5627

Just wondering how this is applied, I thought it was a melee range aoe how ever i still get stacks on my mes from ranged.

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

It’s the breath. Rangers can tame them and their f2 skill is a confussion applying breath.

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Drake charging tail spin extend a little further .pretty sure some move got a wonky range as well

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Reef Drakes apply confusion with several of their skills. When first aggroed, they create a mirage-like field around them, before using their tail sweep. This creates 1 stack of Confusion (2 if you’re right in melee range). They also have a screech move which pulls you to them, inflicts 1 stack of Confusion, and Stuns you for 2 seconds (this is the move I hate the most).

Finally, they have a breath move where they create a red circle on the ground that lingers for several seconds. Each second you stand in this field inflicts 2 stacks of Confusion on you, and it can rapidly add up. The worst scenario is when they create this field, then pull you to them so you’re stuck in the field while Stunned.

Long story short, stay as far away as you can from Reef Drakes when killing them.

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Kinda sucks when playing my melee warrior, but I can survive them with care, my main issue is when there’s more than one and I have been stun locked before, then finally get out with 6 stacks of confusion. Its painful.

BOOM

Posted by: Ayochak.8293

Ayochak.8293

Ty Zaraxes for this precise analysis of their attacks.

Reef drakes are the worst trash mobs in the game.
I made a post about this a few months ago.

Half of the veterans and champions are easier to fight than a normal reef drake.
(They have more hp but they are easier.)
I find the champion reef drake itself (broodmother) is somehow “easier” to fight than a normal reef drake, I can read its attacks more easily.

Reef drakes attacks are invisible, heatseeking, and their worst attack (retreat) is used instantly.
Their routines are very difficult to read and avoid (it’s possible tho).
They deal devastating damage plus applications of the worst condition in the game.

Well they have low hp so I guess it’s all about nuking them from orbit very fast.
But they are really awful.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

This is one enemy that’s very vulnerable to Necros. You can pretty much interrupt all of their attacks with fear or minions and give them their own confusion back if they manage to apply it. The actual damage of their attacks is pretty low.

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Kinda sucks when playing my melee warrior, but I can survive them with care, my main issue is when there’s more than one and I have been stun locked before, then finally get out with 6 stacks of confusion. Its painful.

This game is fairly punishing to melee combat in general. Especially with the wonky camera targetting that will force your melee character to wildly swing at something that’s 1200 range away even though he’s being hit by something right next to him.