Extremely Entertaining

Extremely Entertaining

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Beligerent.1324

Beligerent.1324

While I was initially disappointed because this living story, really didn’t feel like a living story to me because of the lack of story it seems to have, I have to say this is a very entertaining event. Hunting down all the achievements was fun, and as frustrating as it was getting all the Crab Toss achievements, in the end it was very rewarding to get it done and I wear my “Crab Toss Champion” title with pride (plus the Crab Toss is pretty fun just to play).

You did a great job on this event ArenaNet, and my only suggestion is that you maybe should have gone ahead and just called it an event instead of a living story because compared to the last living story it seems like there isn’t enough, well, “story” going on. Keep up the awesome work (figured you guys could use a thread that gave you a bit of props to give you a break from all the critical ones)!

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I didn’t play Crab Toss yet but in near future it may happen. While whole thing lacks proper way to immerse players into story I must agree that it’s really enjoyable. Maybe it’s nothing but I had so much fun going with bunch of players and hunting Veteran Karkas. Achievement with swimming goggles made my day

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Remember Living Story part 1 where nobody knew what was happening? That’s what is happening now.

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Remember Living Story part 1 where nobody knew what was happening? That’s what is happening now.

The story is all around you, if you pay attention. Listen to what the NPCs are saying, participate on the events, read the books there are at Southsun Cove. The stories are told by the characters’ daily activities, by the environment, by the objects. Kiel won’t go straight to you and tell you everything with walls of text (hopefully).
Reading the news feed adds even more depth to the story.
I find it quite amusing. It is the best way to tell a story in a game, in my opinion.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Yeah this is the opposite of that. Just by walking around I can figure out why people are angry, why these conflicts are arising and even a hint (read: outright reveal) at who is behind a lot of the trouble. This is far more interesting and yes, entertaining, than the first stage of Flame & Frost.

I didn’t really like Flame & Frost personally, dunno why. But this…I like this.

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Ye southsun is pretty fun. Crab toss is crazy. Tried it twice but it’s not my thing. No big deal, I’ve got GWAMM, titles are not important for me. Backpieces though …

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I like this story a bit more than the Flame and Frost, although I did like that one, just not as much. This one seems very close to reality, sort of Jurassic Parkish. Big corporation’s businsess venture turns bloody on a tropical island resort, tourists getting eaten, bikini babes, furry naked Charr – what more could you ask for?

Extremely Entertaining

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Yeah this is the opposite of that. Just by walking around I can figure out why people are angry, why these conflicts are arising and even a hint (read: outright reveal) at who is behind a lot of the trouble. This is far more interesting and yes, entertaining, than the first stage of Flame & Frost.

I didn’t really like Flame & Frost personally, dunno why. But this…I like this.

Gotta remember that this takes place RIGHT after F&F. The displaced refugees found a new home during the chaos but it wasn’t what they had hope for. All the events, the notes and the recent Canach’s story show’s what has been going on. It’s well done because it continues F&F and doesn’t spoon feed the players the story, we as players have to find the clues and figure it out.