How would your rate Southson Cove

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

well i havent found a forum post about this but hay were the community why not give a rating on how we like it so with that being said here is how you can rate the content. like what you liked or not liked about it then give it a rating of 0-10 10 being best and 0 being horrable never ever do this. so here i go

8/10
Like: the 200%MF how many people were there events. Kakra queen not to bad. Story instance (single fight cancach) not to shabby. group event meh its got intusting game mechanics of disarmming rearming traps. Minis omg Kasmeer is never leaving my mains inventroy.
Dislikes: to quick of a transfer from Flames and frost. reef drakes (over powerd in confusion slamm) coin boost not booting event reward. no swim where ( you see Kasmeer in a bikini several NPC on the beach with “board shorts”) no new armor skins. still throwing the RNG weapon skins.

the main reasons why i cant give it a 10/10 is because of no swim where we get hats that more fit Wintersday. and no new armor skins, we get armor stats no no new skins and most of all what dropped it from a 9 to an 8 was the RNG Weapon Skins only come from Boxes seriously this is what makes me mad i get a “chance” to get this itom from a “rare” box drop.

anyways lets get this topic Karka Steam Rollin

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Do negative numbers count? I give it a -5/10.

There’s nothing compelling, heroic or fun about killing crabs as the main point of a storyline.

The Southsun storyline characters are generic and completely forgettable.

The isle, itself, is poorly designed and looks more like a desert than a lush tropical island. The very landscape makes me not want to go there.

The Canach instance feels as if it were thrown together at the very last moment.

The entire storyline made me feel as if I were a trash man or a high school janitor rather than a hero. The players should be at the center of the storyline rather than the generic NPCs.

The whole event was just terrible all around.

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

7/10

I liked that the island has changed. It really gave an impression of true world. Karka event has some cool designs in it. I don’t care much about bugs… Their going to fix them so I don’t know why some people rage so much about them.

-1 for rewards – NONE for me (they sucked even more as in F&F).
-1 for storytelling – without reading about the story on some sites I wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on… And I’m still in a bit of confusion about it.
-1 for the canach dungeon – it sucked and was rather dull in comparison to F&F Rox and Brahm instances.

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I liked the story (talking to NPCs is a help in this regard, rather than clicking through all dialogue just to get the achievement), it wasn’t as strong as Flame and Frost but then you can’t have huge stuff all the time or you get cataclysm fatigue. I liked the slow release of the plot, faster than F&F but it felt about right for a low-key story. I liked the characters involved … one day I look forward to beating the snot out of Noll, but that day is not today.

I didn’t like the implementation though. Without Dulfy there was little to no chance of getting the Samples achievements. It doesn’t matter how well you hide things in-game, someone will always find them really quickly and post the solution to the internet; the key to countering this is not, in my opinion, to make them harder to find but to make them easier … to have the detector put an arrow on your mini-map pointing toward the nearest undiscovered item/node/thing/person so it becomes easier for individuals to figure out where things are, rather than stumbling across them or, as pretty much everyone does these days, going to Dulfy.

The “dungeons” were a joke. Ok, we may have been spoiled by the Molten Weapons Facility (I want that back in a permanent state, it was magnificent) but still, one encounter in the solo and group instances? That’s just lazy. I wasn’t a fan of the mechanics of the encounters either but that’s probably just a taste thing, I know some people enjoyed them.

In terms of rewards, I very much liked the back items (so full marks there) but the rest of the stuff was so hard to get and non-tradeable that it left a really bad taste in the mouth. RNG may earn big bucks in the short term but the more it’s used the more people will become resentful of it. Increase the rate of desirable items (you might want to look at the SWTOR implementation of the crate idea, which is rather less irritating) in the crates and make them tradeable.

So even taking into account that I really liked the story, I’d still give Secrets of Southsun a lacklustre 4/10.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I like how it wasn’t spaced a month apart for each stage. I didn’t forget it was happening, like Flame & Frost.

I hated Southsun before. They made the mobs even more irritating than before, with 1-shotting (actually 1 shot could kill me twice in some cases, so it’s really 0.5-shotting). You can’t do anything now without a zerg. I have never died so much in a day in my 9 months of GW2.

Culling is terrible.

Spawning out of thin air in camps is terrible.

Blooming Passion flower is good.

200% magic find doesn’t seem to make any difference. I tried farming before all this in southsun, and got more powerful bloods then and in less time. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was completely not working. Or if the crazed karka drop rate was adjusted to be 250% worse than regular. The junk drops just pay for repair and waypoint bills.

All in all, the event is more stressful and makes me angry than a video game should. I rate the event 3/10.

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I give it a 5/10. I like the progression in terms of settlements that have popped up in Southsun, but the story element was effectively mia. It kinda felt like I was playing old school EQ1 where everything storyline wise was haphazardly placed / explained. The zone definitely looks pretty at least lol!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

For me, there will always be a stigma attached to Southsun; it started off badly (along with fractals), was poorly designed with ridiculously-hard-to-kill crabs of all things, the continuum of the story back in November updated daily and had only one part of the world in mind and the rest were forgotten about. Thankfully I’m not the only one to see this new event as an extension of the original with an attempt at some plot, but the bugs are still glaring me right in the face. The sound culling with the karka queen is well beyond a joke, even when it’s not active the sound is culled so badly on the rest of the island I’m loathed to even go there as part of the daily. The NPC’s are very unfriendly (yes I understand the mood is supposed to be dark but we’re all fighting AGAINST THE KARKA), and there’s no need for the attitudes. They do nothing to help out against karka attacks (or the instigators before), but the only part I’ve seen them anything like being useful is at Point Pride when an event there is in progress, and if you’re downed they’ll help you up. But that’s it.

I think Clark said it well, you can’t really do anything much on this place without a zerg of 20+ people helping you out. Mobs sometimes spawn from nowhere and if you’re alone it’s goodnight. The large veteran karka on driftglass are near impossible to hit (ie. constantly evading and/or retaliation), and the champion karkas during events treat you and anyone else like speed bumps. You cannot evade them fast enough. Even if you were in the middle of an evasion attempt, they still get you and possibly even down you.

The dungeons, if you must call them that, are ridiculous. Fight Canach, fight Noll/NULL, get your 5pts achieve for each (one time only) and the ‘reward’, and that’s it. The rest of the time is spent farming the island for crates or doing anything else in the game. The bonuses the negotiators give is somewhat unflattering; I’m not sure who you’re trying to fool here, but the drops while farming instigators were nothing flash, the crates were still few and VERY far between, even for people I was farming with who had well over 400% MF.

I really can’t tell if Anet is testing out the metrics of higher MF on drops or whatever the case is, but I’ve found that MF, coin buff or nothing at all, I’ve still got just as many crates and exotics from the boss and chests as the most devout MF boffins. (yes I know MF is not supposed to affect chests)

Crab toss, well that’s PvP with karkas thrown in to mix things up a bit. The skill lag from that is just stupid; I understand it’s a skill thing but when skills won’t work when you want them to then it’s time to give that part of the game up.

I can’t see how this is in any way ‘fun’, but more necessary to keep various entities interested in the game and an attempt at story continuation. This is mostly frustrating and a chore to stay alive, unless you have a good amount of people to fight with.

I give it -2 (that’s minus 2) out of 10.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Zhavari.7190

Zhavari.7190

(Part 1) I had to break this up into three parts; I talk too much it seems
I’m not even sure if I can write anything coherently about my impressions from Southsun, but here it goes. As always with forum posts, these are my personal opinions. This is going to be very TLDR, so skip it if you’re not in a reading mood. If I’m being honest, this is ultimately more for ANet’s feedback than anything else.

Story
The story felt scattered and topical, with little depth at all. Apparently these events are loosely connected with the Lost Shores meta (of which I had no participation and no knowledge), but there was no lead-up or effort that I saw to tie the two together in-game. If I hadn’t read anything online (forums and blog), I would have had no clue who Canach was or what his role in the world of Tyria has been. I feel like this could have been explained better in-game.

As an aside to this: I hope ANet gives these Living Story chapters more forethought and creates more involved content across zones. As it is right now, the chapters feel restricted and contained to their own little sandbox (Southsun, Wayfarer/Hoelbrak, Diessa/Black Citadel). A more evolving and sweeping story line that takes players from one zone to the next would feel more living. I understand this type of content takes time, effort, and money to create; but if this whole temporary event mechanic continues down the current path, it will be disappointing. As it stands, I feel they’re one-off temporary events that are neither unique and minimally engaging and barely immersive.

Crabtoss
I’m not a fan of Crabtoss, but others enjoy it. I played it a few times and haven’t touched it since launch; not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal. I do enjoy mini-games, so please keep releasing them.

Mini Events
The Instigator zerg train was humorous, and a much welcomed cash boon (casual player here, so it allowed me to jump from 10g to 33g, get two exos a day before daily DR kicked in and fully outfit a MF character). The gameplay wasn’t very engaging and it was more of a loot piñata.

Finding the samples was ok. A few areas had mobs that wiped me pretty well, but I just went after the samples at the wrong time. It would have been nice if the mini-map pinged an area of where the samples were located instead of blindly wandering around looking for graphical effects or a Lone Cyprus object. I’m sure there’s a better way of leading players to the right areas other than making them read the achievement descriptions.

The jumping puzzle was a bit frustrating but still fun. The challenge was nice, but the annoyance was having to wait for the spouts to shoot the rocks back up. Also, I missed having a checkpoint. Overall it’s not a JP I’d like to do again. For a comparison, I like the puzzle in Metrica where you can press a button to start it, and your progress is saved via checkpoints along the way. (Sorry, I don’t recall the name)

The egg event was ok as well. Nothing new, but it was fairly easy. Much easier when you learn that eggs spawn at the base of the plateau and you don’t have to wait around for the 3 spots near the camp to respawn.

The random attacks by the wildlife and settlers were fun and a challenging enough. I always enjoy attacking a swathe of monsters and collecting my loot after.

Karka Queen
I can’t comment on this yet, as I haven’t yet coordinated my time in the zone with her spawning. It’s been frustrating feeling the need to stick around a zone with no idea of when she’ll spawn again, other than asking in /shout and receiving answers of “think she was killed 10m ago” followed by “killed about 20m ago”. I’m not sure if there’s a time check for her on any site or not, but I’ll have to check into that.

It would be nice if the karka assaults on the camps more closely coordinated in time her spawning. Also, the camp assaults seem over tuned for the players who are nearby to help out. As has been said in various other posts already, they spawn out of nowhere in mass numbers and do a good job of cleansing the humans/norn/sylvari/charr/asura from their land. While it’s funny seeing 10+ corpses wiped out instantly, the novelty quickly wears off and it gets tiresome to run back. More warning would be nice to give players a chance to fight for their lives or run away until more players show up. I don’t mind that camps are overrun, but it would be nice to have a quick heads up to give you a chance to run or fight. All I ask for is a chance.

Zhavari.7190

(Part 2)
Instances (not dungeons)
Canach’s Lair…I don’t even know where to begin with this. Firstly, they’re not dungeons as they were presented to be. Secondly, they’re barely worthy of being called instances or content in general. Thirdly, the area in front of the instances is disproportionately challenging to the content within. I had a harder time making it into the instance than I did capturing Canach and fighting NULL when I finally did zone in. It felt more like A Night at the Roxbury’s Inside/Outside Club: What should have been inside was outside, and vice versa.

I’ll be completely frank: Having played MMOGs from the dawn of Everquest, these two instances are, by far, some of the worst designed areas of a game I’ve ever experienced. I’ve been trying to come up with positives about them, but anything glass-half-full eludes me. So here’s a simple list of the main points I didn’t like:

Story

1. Only one room and one boss: While not inherently terrible, the utilization was poor.
  2. Two NPCs thrown in at the beginning: They don’t help you capture Canach and only one is needed to describe how to use the mine item.
  3. An entire fight against an invulnerable boss: Meaning, you don’t play as your class and instead use a gimmick the entire fight.
  4. The sole mechanic for the fight is a buggy mess: There are mines that didn’t explode when Canach ran over them and mines that reverted back to red without a visual or chat clue from Canach.
  5. Regen/Confusion builds made it trivial: I only mention this for the following – The one reason I can see for taking away a player’s class skills is to make the encounter more about the mechanics than about who’s “OP”. As a warrior with a regen sigil, I could kite Canach to the entrance and just wait out his attacks as I ran him over the two mines near Kiel. I’ve heard of Mesmers using confusion clones so he kills himself, and I’m sure there are other builds you could mention.
  6. Overall: It’s a poorly developed and extremely rushed instance: Perhaps it was a reply to players whining about F&F ending in a forced group setting?

Explorable

1. Once again, only one room and one boss: Same layout and reusing of assets, while not inherently bad, makes this feel rushed and thrown together.
  2. Simple and barren content: If I were a dungeon runner or a group player, I would find this a bit insulting. Flame and Frost’s dungeon was fantastic and a good mix of crawling, adventure, fighting and taunting (from NPCs). Canach’s Lair was the complete opposite.
  3. The story is a stretch: If he’s there to cave in the lair, why does he make no effort to destroy the walls? Also, why are we going back into the lair after capturing Canach, if all NULL wants to do is destroy the lair around you (which you wouldn’t have been there in the first place)?
  4. Stemming from #3, this is a perfect opportunity to add more story that links in to the next chapter. Maybe you need to go back into the lair to scrounge around for future plans? Maybe there’s a recipe for the venom/potions/whatever that made the wildlife crazy, and you must retrieve it before someone else does?
  5. Overall: It’s a slightly better fight than the solo instance, but pales in comparison to what ANet has already proved they’re capable of doing. A straight-up fight with uncreative mechanics and a last minute story leads to a shallow, disappointing group instance.

Conclusion
I enjoy this game, and I still play it because I’m still having fun. I’d like to give an extra shoutout to the art team: They’re second to none, and in my humble opinion the greatest strength this game has and one of the top art teams in the MMOG genre right now. The game is gorgeous and immersive.

I can only hope that the Living Story and fluid content being created can catch up to the quality of the art. I feel that the chapters so far have been static, unengaging, and more lackluster than it should be. I see a lot of potential that so far has been wasted, whether that be to time, budgets, or manpower restraints.

I understand this is all new and growing pains are to be felt, but moving from the slow-starting F&F through the epic dungeon fight of Molten on to the chaos of Southsun and the rushed denouement of Canach and the Queen does not inspire confidence for future updates.

If there’s anything to take away from my post, it’s that I feel ANet has a talented team and it’s frustrating to see such lackluster living content. I hope they incorporate a more widely sweeping story line into future updates, more creative use of skills and game mechanics, and instead of piecing together separated sandboxes of zones there will be a more epic journey that truly changes the landscape of Tyria over the course of multiple months.

Zhavari.7190

(Part 3)
Lastly, I do want to thank ANet for taking a risk and attempting to bring dynamic content to the MMOG scene, all for the nominal fee of “whatever you donate through the gem store”. It’s a monumental task, and I think it’s lost on some players about how challenging and time intensive it is creating even a static dungeon, much less events that are story-propelled and affect an already established world. I’ve always wanted a changing, living, breathing world, and while it currently isn’t as I’ve envisioned, I’m still hoping that one day we can get there. Baby steps and all that, I suppose.

If you’ve made it this far, I thank you for taking the time to read through my drivel. Happy adventuring!

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Finding the samples for the flower back item was okay. Getting 25/25 achievements for the tentacled back item was okay.

I liked the blooming passiflora.

Running with the Gators was mindless (and profitable) fun. I actually enjoyed it. From time to time.

I didn’t like the Canach/NULL instances. In general, I don’t enjoy missions/quests/whatever that require using items that replace my character’s skills. I much prefer he way it was done in Factions, with the optional Celestial Skills. Even so I might have repeated the Canach instance daily for its duration if I could have got 1 gold a day for doing so.

Keeping 4/4 settlements clear is, for me, just too darned tedious. The karka queen event is not worth the tedious effort of keeping up that tedious 4/4 settlement tedium while waiting for her to show. Not even for two guaranteed rares. Now that I’ve done the karka queen event 3.5 times (got DC’d the first time) I believe I’ll say goodbye to the sunny southern shores and go back to hitting the occasional dragon event.

The (I’m assuming) denouement of the story, with Kiel and the contracts… uh… that was bad. Really, really bad. Kiel could have accomplished her goal through much less destructive (and prohibitively expensive) ends. Things happen at sea. Accidental fires. Terrible storms. Attacks by contract-eating sea monsters. But no, let’s go for something wasteful and stupid and (for me) just plain unbelievable. Then again, the story, starting with the first part of F&F, is founded on an unbelievable (to me) premise, so kudos, I guess, for the story people sticking with it to the bitter (and unbelievable) end.

So, overall, I’ll give the Southsun Cove portions of the living story 2 out of 5 stars.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

5/10
RNG
Canach
Null
Karka Queen
Story

All these points were negative to me.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

3/10 – its below average.

A boring story poorly executed. Bad character development. Boring dungeon (its not dungeon, its a room) Queen karka is just a veteran Karka with more health… boring.

I just killed Zhaitan! a huge undead dragon! and now I’m dealing with employment contracts at a holiday resort, and trying to keep the peace between staff and their employers. Some guy Canach is trying to help the staff by stirring up wildlife and killing them – great help that is! In-between all that exciting action I get to help make an omelet and pick some flowers.

step it up Anet, give us something a little more exciting than this…

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

6/10….above average. it’s now the best non-COF path1 place to earn gold (until the MF boost disappears).

pro: may 28 additions (more events, insitgator chest bosses, 200% MF and Gold boost, blossoming passiflora nodes, fantastic t6 mats/exotics farming, awesome aesthetic backpiece rewards)

con: June 4 additions/subtractions (buggy Karka Queen event, removal of above mentioned events and nodes, farming nerfs, new stat armors that cost too much, can’t be sold/salvaged/upgraded and have lame newbie skins)

“meh”: Canach solo/Null group “dungeons” (its new bosses w/ different mechanics, but not really dungeons…or well rewarded).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

3/10.
2 for the story, one for the dungeon.

I just killed Zhaitan! a huge undead dragon! and now I’m dealing with employment contracts at a holiday resort, and trying to keep the peace between staff and their employers.

^ This multiplied by the square of Google.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: TheBlueI.3486

TheBlueI.3486

2/10

Story is boring. This once again showed that the “no quest hub / dynamic events” system is not as good as it sounds. Upon arrival on the Island you can talk to NPCs telling you the usual “the world is in trouble please help”. Than you wander off in hope of finding a dynamic event. Events repeat extremely frequently. So you’re doing the same thing over and over again.

As all other areas this suffers from low player population. (maybe that’s just my server / play time)

I hate running around trying to find things without a hint. This detector-thing din’t work during the Mad King Event and still does not work.

I hate jumping puzzles. I hate crap tossing. Hence I hate that both are required to “complete” the special event.

Canach-solo-dungeon. As usual I think the mechanics could be better explained in game.
Environmental weapons are nice but I developed a build with my char and I want to use and test it in in new content.

I still give 2 points for developing new content at all.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I see a lot of ‘almosts’ in this one.

The fight design on Canach and Null had some real thought in being more engaging – not health sink fights. BUT the plot was missing and the two bosses should have swapped places – the story boss should be the entertaining fight. The minion should be for the tutorial and the tutorial should only be as long as it takes to teach the mechanic.

Karka Queen: Having to do a series of events to trigger the boss is good. Gets people moving. Designing it in a way that you don’t have a small group out there doing the events while the crowd waits (like the dragon fights, such kittenterer) is good. Everyone has to help out or the queen is likely to be missed.

Putting the queen on a timer such that it only matters to hold the towns during a short time frame – bad because people often miss this specific timeframe. I’d go for having her only able to spawn once per hour, but always spawning if the two conditions are met of: 4 towns clear, min 1 hour since last spawn, 3 minutes after last town clear (to give people time to reach her spot).

Queen fight design: the eggs are not meaningful enough. Yes she’s immune to damage until you use them. But while not immune she’s no more complex than a health sink. I’d add 2 more buttons to eggs for abilities one would use with them against the boss, and maybe something in the area we need to build / deploy against her.

I really liked one idea I read of building a weapon: so maybe, deploy an egg launcher. One set of people has to gather eggs and bring them to launcher, which takes about 5 people to operate as it breaks after every use and they have to gather the pieces and put them back together. Make the eggs as big as a human, and need to be rolled over to it.
- That kind of interaction is what events like this need. Maybe not my idea. But the theme that my idea takes 3 sets of people doing different things: fighters, gatherers, and artillery to debuff her shield.

The beat up settlers / consortium events: These really bothered me because until the final story of sinking the contracts this last week, every indication had us backing slavery. Our own characters never voice an objection in this entire plot. Never even get a dialogue window option that says “now wait a minute, what gives?”
- Even at the end, I felt like I was one of the consortium duped while Kiel burned the contracts and schooled me on things…
Since this story launched I’d wanted to open up some Django on the Consortium, and I’d much rather that we have had the ability to join rioters in those moments they rioted and help them beat up the consortium…

The best content this story-cycle seems to have been the mini-pets and the town clothes shorts…
- unplotted items.

Which tells me the patch cycle needs to slow down so that storycrafting can move from an afterthought to something more front and center.

And no more putting the story outside the game on a website…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Rhoklaw.4362

Rhoklaw.4362

When it launched, probably about 7.5/10 and then after the first patch, about 7/10 and after the next patch about a 5/10 and as of right now, Southsun is beyond broken thus receiving about a 2/10.

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

6/10
-Nice cosmetic updates
-Neat skins for weapons
-Decent conclusion to the living story
-Skins have no connection to the story line so thats a bummer
-Feels a little rushed…..
-RNG for a chance to RNG…… >:(

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

If you’ve made it this far, I thank you for taking the time to read through my drivel. Happy adventuring!

Right now I’m filling a support ticket to Anet, I didn’t got my achievement for reading :’(

But in all seriousness, I’m with you. This type of content wasn’t as good as the F&F one, I’m not really complaining because I liked it (Crab toss was fun, and also looking at all the irritated players dying from the Karkas at the Canach’s Lair entrance xD).

There is still a lot of improvement to be made, but I’m OK with it because this feedback helps the developers experiment and learn what the players want, thus improving on the following events.

I would give it a 7/10, it was fun and made people head more into Southsun, but still some things lacked content (dungeon was too short) and the storyline didn’t felt as immersive, would had been nice if the Karka Queen looked different from the other Karkas. Thank you Anet for keeping the game fresh with this new events

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

Umm… 8/10

I liked being able to get the chests from mobs in southsun, the instigator chests were nice as well. I also like the Karka Queen, I think its a really fun and different world event.

I do agree with some above posters though it felt rushed. This is most seen in Canach’s Lair. This is possibly the worst “dungeon” I’ve ever been in.

But it was fun hanging out in southsun, doing the achieves, and farming.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I like it quite a bit and overall I’d say that it was fun and worthwhile.

PROS:
- great content to farm for drops
- achievements were fine and had reasonable effort
- events were generally challenging and rewarded well for the effort involved

CONS:
- Too much quest text to read through. As a result I didn’t really “get” the Canach story at all.
- Soon it’ll be over — goodbye +200% MF

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Do negative numbers count? I give it a -5/10.

There’s nothing compelling, heroic or fun about killing crabs as the main point of a storyline.

The Southsun storyline characters are generic and completely forgettable.

The isle, itself, is poorly designed and looks more like a desert than a lush tropical island. The very landscape makes me not want to go there.

The Canach instance feels as if it were thrown together at the very last moment.

The entire storyline made me feel as if I were a trash man or a high school janitor rather than a hero. The players should be at the center of the storyline rather than the generic NPCs.

The whole event was just terrible all around.

Might not be as harsh kitten . But when the, as OP put it, not shabby dungeon was so forgettable that I DID forget I did it till a guildie reminded me of stuff that happened in the Null fight, then I’d have to say it WAS a shabby “dungeon”. Which btw, is usually defined as more then one room. (same as I forgot I saw Lost in Space and Clone Wars, till I was halfway thru my second viewings)
Don’t mind the high MF, did mind that it didn’t really matter much as it only affected what dropped, IF something dropped. Or as the same guildie would sum it up. MF is a farce, a farce I say.
Had a good laugh at the Contracts mission end when the ship sunk. I agree with the Lionguard that said anything that makes Noll mad is a good day. (Any asuran far as I’m concerned, bunch of Mengela wannabes is how their npc chatter comes across)
2 gold and 70 shells (30 shells for an apoth insig, btw, so more then dbl the shells) for what is essentially tinkered apothecary gear with generic skins? Utter bs.
I’m just glad I haven’t gotten a ticket for one of those godawful eyeball (bad enough poor Londo had some parasite put in him, much less we too having to carry one around) weapons. Tho that makes me scared I’ll get one from the 6 crates I have in the bank to to open. Could of at least made the kitten things not bound so those of us stuck with a pos could sell them. Rather then get a wasted double “rare” drop.

Like the back pieces. Gave the flower to my Necrocutie and the Hentai-Violator-san piece to my Elehottie. Tho the tentacle thing will wear on me and be reskinned at some point. Instigator fights ere fun nuff, but liked the town events with swarms of critters better. More drops since you almost never got dookie from a settler in the riots. Least now I have enough shells to make Apoth sets for my guard and Ele, both of whom I tend to run as support in dungeons/groups.

Sum up. Should have ended the Story with the bonfire. Southsun is the bitter aftertaste from a “desert” gone wrong after a good meal that the MF boos fight was.

(edited by Sleel.8365)

Zhavari.7190

Right now I’m filling a support ticket to Anet, I didn’t got my achievement for reading :’(

Well thanks for reading! I hope you get your achievement sorted out. This was another disappointing thing with Southsun; it seems that the finale was released in a buggy mess. Luckily I gained my Queen achievement last night, so I don’t have to worry about it.

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

Queen STILL broken on Santum of Rhall.

Tried that single player instance with the bombs, couldn’t tell what type the bombs they were to disarm them properly… figured it was just another in a slew of bugs and exited.

BTW, why do you make it so hard to travel solo to a solo instance? and why do you release such buggy content? and why do you have content (queen) that takes so many players that most loose all control due to devastating lag and overwhelming visuals … you can’t dodge and what you are trying to dodge happened 1 minute ago….you either die as anything besides a maxed out hardcore warrior or you barely do any damage by staying way back or die and then miss out because you had to release to a portal far away (none by Queen) and just try to run back through all those swarms of mobs in the settlement by the Queen.

The little zergs to get the chests before Queen were fun. Finding all the special little places was fun.

One of the worst events yet overall.