Last Stand on 28th question.

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: kissofthehell.3720

kissofthehell.3720

Is there time when the event will start or its going to repeat for the whole day of 28th?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is not a one-time event so you should be able to do it for a few days (probably until the 10th based on other coming updates and such)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: kissofthehell.3720

kissofthehell.3720

Really? It isnt? Cool i tough it was same like the previous karka event

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Is there time when the event will start or its going to repeat for the whole day of 28th?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-28-2013/

In particular:

<i>"A Monstrous Threat

Even if you manage to capture Canach, can you also foil his master plan? Defend the new settlers on Southsun Cove from a massive final onslaught of rampaging wildlife or die trying! And beginning June 5, a hulking monstrosity joins the fray—without your help, it will destroy the settlers and everything they’ve built! </i>

Don’t think that it will all be available on May 28th by the sounds of the June 5 reference (think we can assume its the Queen to which the achievement is linked).

So yeah, I doubt you’re looking at a blink and you miss it event on the 28th.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

Posted by: Phanstaro.7308

Phanstaro.7308

In particular:

<i>"A Monstrous Threat

Even if you manage to capture Canach, can you also foil his master plan? Defend the new settlers on Southsun Cove from a massive final onslaught of rampaging wildlife or die trying! And beginning June 5, a hulking monstrosity joins the fray—without your help, it will destroy the settlers and everything they’ve built! </i>

Don’t think that it will all be available on May 28th by the sounds of the June 5 reference (think we can assume its the Queen to which the achievement is linked).

I was looking at that as well, Will the June 5th event be a one time boss event? Or will that be available until the entire event’s completion?

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

The fact it says ‘beginning’ June 5th suggests that it is not a one time event. Plus, after the chaos and fallout from the last one time event in November I’m fairly sure they would be much more upfront about it if that is what they intended to do.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Yeah it sounds like to me it will repeat quite a lot for that day or couple of days (probably at least a week like molten dungeon did). That is just when the “finale” will begin.

Doubt they will ever do a one time event finale ever again. They’ve even said they will try to avoid it.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think after the chaos that was the Lost Shores event they’ve realised 1 time only events don’t work.

Hopefully they’ll never do one again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Schwarznebel.5693

Schwarznebel.5693

I’d prefer a giant Boss to pop up serveral times a day until the event is over (And the game lore will simply pretend it was only one huge battle) as if we -really- get an unique battle that laggs like the last one.
Pretending to be unique, but feeling good is better than being unique but pretending to feel good.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

In particular:

<i>"A Monstrous Threat

I was looking at that as well, Will the June 5th event be a one time boss event? Or will that be available until the entire event’s completion?

This is what I would like to know as well. Since its mid week (for me), I would like to know if its one time only, so I can try to plan to attend (ie. leave work early).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

There is no one time only content in the May releases, it’s all available for week(s) or in some cases, will be available permanently.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

There is no one time only content in the May releases, it’s all available for week(s) or in some cases, will be available permanently.

So much speculation! Permanent dungeon? events? crab toss?

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Thank Dwayna!

It’s great to see ArenaNet continuing to move GW2 to be an MMO where people don’t have to reschedule their lives. I love the game but it is still a game, it should fit to my schedule not the other way around.

Again ArenaNet is proving that they learn from their past missteps, and that’s will only make GW2 better and better. I hope more MMO developers are watching what ArenaNet is doing.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

In particular:

<i>"A Monstrous Threat

In another thread they said that Canachs instance was going to be a 1 player instance and then by completing that you unlock a harder multi player instance, so i’m assuming that Karka is going to be the 5man version of that instance.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

In particular:

<i>"A Monstrous Threat

In another thread they said that Canachs instance was going to be a 1 player instance and then by completing that you unlock a harder multi player instance, so i’m assuming that Karka is going to be the 5man version of that instance.

I’m thinking the Karka is going to be moreso a world event boss (that will happen multiple times of course). At least thats the only thing I can see as being part of the “finale.”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m thinking the Karka is going to be moreso a world event boss (that will happen multiple times of course). At least thats the only thing I can see as being part of the “finale.”

Thats my thinking. Cause in another thread its been confirmed that the 1player/5player ‘dungeon’ content/thing is going to be temporary:

It won’t end in a dungeon. We have however included an instance that will open up that has a single player version, and a more difficult multiplayer version.

The ending is different

Is this instance temporary? (Like Molten Facility)

Is this instance temporary? (Like Molten Facility)

yup.Temporary until the end of the Southsun story arc.

(Not sure why its showing my name on the top level one, it should be Robert Hrouda)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

With the reference to one time content for May release. The hulking monstrosity come out one June 5th with a waves of crazed animals which would not be a may release. If the hulking monstrosity→ crazed karka queen, this is very reminiscent of Ancient Karka event which is why people think a one time event is coming. But just wondering because the comment is about a May release does it also relate to this event that is coming in June.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’m thinking at least Crab Toss will be permanent. I know they’ve been saying they want to get more of the mini games implemented, and it wouldn’t make sense to take out a fully formed game that takes up an actual piece of land. As opposed to SAB which was known to be a ‘beta’ type thing and just had a barker rather than a whole part of a zone.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

What would be nice is if the defend event on June 5th dynamics, if you fail the mini game is removed and the resort destroyed. If you succeed they are permanent additions and the resort continues to be built up. This would mark the servers as the clearly different worlds that they are. Force players to fight for content would be nice in my opinion.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I would bet the Crab Toss is a permanent add since they intitially states more mini-games would be added to GW2.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I hope you guys live up to that because the release timing is right before E3.