Lets speculate a bit on story development

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

So the new evolving storyline has been revealed that will succeed Flame and Frost (F&F). So what do we think will happen, what will the various phases and factions/characters involved be? Lets brainstorm and speculate a bit shall we?

- We already know that Phase 1 will tie in with F&F since the refugees will be stationed on Southsun for the time being.
- The Consortium was involved in disturbing the Karka during the previous large event so quite possibly they’ll be up to more despicable deeds for mere profit.

What I suspect:

Phase 1: Refugees arrive causing chaos as people need to be stationed in temporary settlements. Social unrest will ensue among ther various races put together in such a small area. The local wildlife showing an appetite for fresh Charr/Norn flesh probably won’t help much.

Phase 2: Refugees start disappearing and are found back dead or stark raving mad. Local militia are created to hunt down the Karka, as the people suspect that the hideously disfigured bodies are the proof that the Karka are still a threat. Social unrest increases as the local officials are trying to keep things under control.

Phase 3: Expansion of refugee camps and possibly a larger makeshift base of operations for the guards and marshalls (think Roman style camp with tents, wooden fences etc). Meanwhile hidden bases are located indicating that the Consortium are up to something. Perhaps they’ve begun conducting experiments on local wildlife.

Phase 4: No idea. Possibly the Consortium is a front of entities working for one of the Elder Dragons since all they seem to care about is profit, no matter at whose or what expense.

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

My vision:Southsun Cove belong to Karka. When People discover it, we only get angrythem, that we bring our kind on their land. And remember we killed their leader.

Now, Reffuges want colonize their home, so Karka want to protect their home too. They will attack people and secure their teritory. I think this wont be connected with Dredge and Flame legion. This is small spin off what focus on reffuges.

I think we will get chain-meta event with chest on the end. I think this is great occasion to bring that stuff. And Southsun Cove will get new life.

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

(edited by ForAce.1943)

Chief.5928

As far as we know the Karka aren’t sentient beings. They’re more like the normal wildlife and don’t seem to operate at the same level of intelligence as the major races in Tyria.

Of course, we could be wrong. Would be quite interesting to find out the Karka have a structure similar to bees/ants with an intelligent queen as a central mental power for example.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Just my vision of what could happen in the next 2 months.

Phase 1: Players help building further settlements for refugees. Local wildlife (ie karka) are going nuts with the increase of refugees, however it seems a something other than settlement is riling the creatures up.

Phase 2. While karka attacks grow more rampant, we find clues that reveal some of the mystery surronding the consortium and southun. Including a disgruntled ex-employee who may be to blame… apparently he is hiding.

Phase 3. The consortium have tracked the ex-employee down to a dungeon native to southsun, upon completing the story version though we find no ex-employee, so the search continues (however its mentioned that this dungeon features other paths to explore at will).

Phase 4. The ex-employee (a asura in a battle golem) begins his final push on the refugee settlements and a massive meta chain opens up, allowing players to fend off champion karka attacks until battling there way towards discovery of a command base where the asura is performing experiments on refugees and karka – trying to combine them to make minions that would rival the elder dragons (yes this poor little asura has gone completely barking mad). We face a few of his latest prototypes before ending his sorry existance.
Players then learn that whil they have stopped the evil asura, unfortunately the karka will not calm down and seem to attack anything human like they see, because of what the asura have already done…. Thus giving us a permanent change to the worst used space in the game.

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

War between Flame Alliance and the races of Tyria has taken it’s toll. Taxes rise. The Consortium sees an oportunity and makes Southsun Islands a tax haven. That, however, is only the tip of an iceberg. Though crushed, Flame Alliance starts distributing their weapons to Consortium. In return, Consortium buys them even more kitten costumes and they cannot refuse. They finance that with the money they’ve gotten. Soon enough, they enslave the whole of Tyria. But now you ask me, “Why?”. To make the whole continent a vacation resort.

Quis qustodiet custodes?

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Just my vision of what could happen in the next 2 months.

Phase 1: Players help building further settlements for refugees. Local wildlife (ie karka) are going nuts with the increase of refugees, however it seems a something other than settlement is riling the creatures up.

Phase 2. While karka attacks grow more rampant, we find clues that reveal some of the mystery surronding the consortium and southun. Including a disgruntled ex-employee who may be to blame… apparently he is hiding.

Phase 3. The consortium have tracked the ex-employee down to a dungeon native to southsun, upon completing the story version though we find no ex-employee, so the search continues (however its mentioned that this dungeon features other paths to explore at will).

Phase 4. The ex-employee (a asura in a battle golem) begins his final push on the refugee settlements and a massive meta chain opens up, allowing players to fend off champion karka attacks until battling there way towards discovery of a command base where the asura is performing experiments on refugees and karka – trying to combine them to make minions that would rival the elder dragons (yes this poor little asura has gone completely barking mad). We face a few of his latest prototypes before ending his sorry existance.
Players then learn that whil they have stopped the evil asura, unfortunately the karka will not calm down and seem to attack anything human like they see, because of what the asura have already done…. Thus giving us a permanent change to the worst used space in the game.

If the lead of all of this content is yet another asura I am straight quitting this game. Nearly every kitten NPC that drives an even has been an Asura. That finally changed with Flame and Frost with it being a Norn and Charr who you play along side. Dont got back to Asura…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Posted by: TheOnlyOneNL.3821

TheOnlyOneNL.3821

If the lead of all of this content is yet another asura I am straight quitting this game. Nearly every kitten NPC that drives an even has been an Asura. That finally changed with Flame and Frost with it being a Norn and Charr who you play along side. Dont got back to Asura…

But you forget that the asuran race is superior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Well I for one expect my belief that the consortium are wilfully ‘evil’ to be confirmed.

Posted by: ichal.9504

ichal.9504

i hope the grawls find a way to ride the karka
(my thought is, at least some race can tame the karka, or maybe more on what are these creatures)

Chief.5928

This idea I absolutely love. Would be even better if in the earlier phases of the thing the ex-employee would leave clues behind that would make players at first think the Consortium itself is behind it, only to find out we’re barking up the wrong tree and that they’re actually innocent.

You are actually convinced that a booka could lead such a delicate and complex operation? How odd.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

My predictions:

The consortium have tracked down a facility of the Molten Allegiance that empowers Risen creatures. Thus making them way too strong for their intended explorable, and they have been fiendishly sending them to the Cursed Shore to cause havoc.

Your task is to infiltrate this facility, and disrupt their horrid testing process, so the Risen creatures are weakened to a proper level. Above all, you must stop them from producing overpowered Champion Risen Wraiths, and horrible Risen Chickens which can kill with just a single cluck.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Phase 1: You need to climb the Southsun Jumping Puzzle.
Phase 2: Never comes out, people starved to death or went mad trying to get that thing done.
=]

Chief.5928

Perhaps another idea would be to incorporate the volcanic activity on the island a bit more and have a dynamic events or a cinematic where a volcanic eruption covers a part of the island, which then can later be converted into new farming grounds for the refugees as it will provide them with fertile soil.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

possibly this is leading ot a new dragon expansion…

The issues in Southsun could be due to the dragon under water blocking our access to Cantha and this story will deal with things leading up to that. Possibly the Consortium is working for the dragon and trying to “feed” it people. and in 3-4 months (about the 1 year anniversary) we see the first expansion dealing with that dragon.

Alternatively We know Primordus underground causing a stir, and without the great destroyer as his general he could be looking towards those wonderful titans in the Ring of Fire islands and since he is currently underground and we know that last we saw him was in the shiver peaks that would put Southsun in a direct path between him and the Ring of Fire Islands. I certainly think a dragon and army of destroyers under their home would stir up some Karka. So this could lead to us seeing something like that.

Heck there is an unknown dragon somewhere out there AND a whole Tengu area directly north of Southsun perhaps the other dragon is behind the Tengu wall and is using them to cause issues in Southsun and we may soon get inside that wall.

then again the Consortium may be conducting experiments on the people and wildlife trying to make “super soldiers” so they can retake Orr from the risin and have access to all the riches there themselves.

Chief.5928

We will know the first bits today. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for us. I so hope the Consortium will play a big role in all of this.

Citizens! Gather around, citizens!

Posted by: Thornfinger.2815

Thornfinger.2815

In a series of events that could lead anywhere, the masterminds behind all of it are…

The Quaggan!