Lovely weather this time of year

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

I know this has been mentioned in passing in other posts in other topic threads, but what this island needs is some serious variety in weather patterns. I mean, I want to be walking along in the hot sun, whistling a merry tune and hear the rumble of thunder in the distance. I want to look up and see foreboding clouds quickly advancing on the horizon. I want to be enveloped by darkness moments before getting my armor stinkin’ sopped in a torrent of rain. Then, 10 minutes later, the sun is out again, the birds are chirping, the karka are roaring, and I’m back to cleaning up the local wildlife for their blood and poison sacs.

This would make my stay at a tropical island resort memorable.

(edited by Aurelian Omenkind.2470)

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I just wanted to say I agree 100%. I hate that the place is always in overcast. I’d love it if it were sunny there, at least sometimes!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I would love weather for Southsun too, roaring tropical storms +1

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I know, I look out the window and wonder why I always sit here playing this game.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I wouldn’t mind some monsoon-esque rain.

I can’t help but feel that the rain I do encounter in game (in the same places always too) is way too few. I don’t think it rains anywhere but in Kryta areas. At least that I can recall.

At least the “snow storms” in the Shiverpeaks seems to be somewhat random. Or maybe it isn’t…and its just tied to events. I dunno.

Moar Weather please.

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

I agree with this thread. Weather variety, not just in Southsun but in other zones too, would be nice. I’m not even sure it rains in Ascalon. Maybe an option can be added to Video settings to enable/disable weather for those of us with ancient, barely mid-line rigs from like 2005. That way at least some of the playerbase can enjoy a bit more variety in the gameworld.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

Agreed. A dynamic weather system would really add that extra layer of immersion to the game. Not to mention make travelling more challenging (imagine having to traverse a mountainous area during heavy fog, snowstorms, rain etc). The same area could offer different challenges as a result.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

100% agree with this thread! The world is breathtaking as is but weather would be going to 11.