New Backpiece is from your nightmares

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Just keep at it, I’m sure you can. There are more than 25 total achievements, so you have options on what you plan on doing. Every achievement counts towards it, so go do a few of them and you’ll be there before you know it.

Hey Robert! Will those backpack skins be available for PVP too, just like the weapons?

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Tzeentch backpack. Love it :>

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Ah crap well I’m never going to get 25/25 achievements:(

Just keep at it, I’m sure you can. There are more than 25 total achievements, so you have options on what you plan on doing. Every achievement counts towards it, so go do a few of them and you’ll be there before you know it.

When are backpieces going to be dyeable? Anet likes to make them so much that they should be considered normal armor.

Posted by: Titan.2937

Titan.2937

I ascended it. Was a waste cus the skin is the same sadly.

Titan
[WäR] Maguuma

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

Love the futurama reference! Made my day when I suddenly realised that!

Oh and a quick question before bed, does adding an infusion to the slot soulbind it?

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

the flower is just as disturbing as the tentacles if you play a sylvari, after all, what function do flower serve in plants? now think of a parallel in animals. yeah, you’ve got one growing out of your shoulder, and it’s spewing pollen everywhere…

darnit anet, kids play this game!

(also, those aren’t tentacles… THEY’RE GENTACLES!)

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Upgraded version havent different skin or effects its a bit shame I expect something glowing like capacitor tier 3

The Fractal Capacitor glowing effects is an upgrade beyond the Ascended version, but no new stats.

While the Beta Capacitor (Ascended) does look a bit different (rotating cube in center and ribbons), but not that different, but does give you the Ascended stats.

Perhaps the tentacle backpiece will have another upgrade beyond the Ascended version in the future, or is already there, but not found yet.

Either way, the skin is already pretty crazy, not sure what more you want.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

Include this on the Preview [&AgHSqAAA] and It’s even more disturbing

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Reminds me of creatures from a horror movie on syfy that I just can’t quite remember the name of off the top of my head.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Where can I get that pink p… tentacle? My necro will love it.

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

A guildy found the codes, no idea how, he said he “wrote a code to run a range” >_> no idea what that is but THAT is neverless epic.

(edited by JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

A guildy found the codes, no idea how, he said he wrote a code to run a range >_> no idea but THAT, was epic. trying to get a picture in here so all can see it

It is indeed epic. I already have an armor combo in mind… I hope it’s not from the rng boxes…

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I assume its the whip the consurtium use, since its a blue item and it says consurtium whip on the name, and if you google the code you won’t find it, you will find a similar one, on some chat database. My guildy is the one that found it and I feel bad since I can’t remember his name now and he is offline.

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

I just hope that the back will animate like it does in the preview. Main reason why I got it. It would be cool to have the Legendary effects with it too. For example, when you wield Twilight, you get the dark aura around you, but the back piece does not have that same aura. Not sure if it would be possible to do, but it would look awesome

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Thanks A-Net for those really nice back pieces.

The flower works perfect for my Sylvari Ranger and the Karka backpiece just looks menancing on my Necromancer.

Now all I would love to see would be some angel wings for my Guardian

Posted by: Frost.2908

Frost.2908

I only wish they weren’t account bound or that if we wanted we could get multiple of the new back pieces…. being limited to only one is so cruel!

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

the flower is just as disturbing as the tentacles if you play a sylvari, after all, what function do flower serve in plants? now think of a parallel in animals. yeah, you’ve got one growing out of your shoulder, and it’s spewing pollen everywhere…

darnit anet, kids play this game!

(also, those aren’t tentacles… THEY’RE GENTACLES!)

lol, jeeze. Now I’ll think of this every time I look at that flower on my Sylvari… >.<

That is all kinds of odd.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I hope they add more Tentacle armor and weapons.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Upuauat.4802

Upuauat.4802

I think this was answered but I want to verify. I like the skin of the new backpiece and I wanted to transmute it with my Guild Defender Backpack. If I do this, I will lose the jewel slot and the infusion slot, correct?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I think this was answered but I want to verify. I like the skin of the new backpiece and I wanted to transmute it with my Guild Defender Backpack. If I do this, I will lose the jewel slot and the infusion slot, correct?

Thanks in advance for answering.

You will lose the infusion slot sadly. But keep the gem slot that is on your backpack.

Posted by: Upuauat.4802

Upuauat.4802

I was afraid I’d lose both..but I’m happy with the Jewel slot.

I did the transmutation and it worked.

Posted by: Legend of Rogue.5394

Legend of Rogue.5394

It looks like that one guy from spider man, the scientish with his arms! That or kerrigan possibly

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Now if only there were a helmet to match my Cthulu set shall be complete…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

It looks like that one guy from spider man, the scientish with his arms! That or kerrigan possibly

Dr Octopus?

Anyway my Necro’s happy, just got her backpiece skin…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: Tzevaot.1736

Tzevaot.1736

Really just want a confirmation from some Dev, the backpack drive this really bugged.

(With so many new items with animations as well that Dev could enjoy and animate the Corrupted Orrian sets ;P would be great to see their eyes/mouth moving haha)

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

Would I be fine to transmute the flower onto my infused beta fractal capacitor? Or would that still get rid of the infused slot? I assume it just doesn’t work with jewel slot, but want to make sure.

Anyone know?

ET and proud to be!

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

What? Everybody loves the tentacles? It’s the worst back pack ever. I have seen only one yet and I cannot imagine how ugly it will be when, in LA, everybody will wear this skin. Seriously, reduce the size or something like that.

I lived in a fairy world where I thought GW2’s skins were nicely designed. This world just shattered.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I have a question about the achievements you have to do for the backpacks. Can I only do them till 28th or can I still do them after that date (like the first parts of Frost & Flame)?

Tzevaot.1736

What? Everybody loves the tentacles? It’s the worst back pack ever. I have seen only one yet and I cannot imagine how ugly it will be when, in LA, everybody will wear this skin. Seriously, reduce the size or something like that.

I lived in a fairy world where I thought GW2’s skins were nicely designed. This world just shattered.

Reduce the size? not even this great well, and needs to move as in the preview, finally got a decent gear for necromancer and you want to ruin it x.x

(edited by Tzevaot.1736)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Reduce the size? not even this great well, and needs to move as in the preview, finally got a decent gear for necromancer and you want to ruin it xx

Everybody can have his own opinion, right? Well mine is that this should never have passed the internal joke in Anet. Given that opinion, I could ask for a deletion of the skin. Hey, I only ask for a reduced size. And I know it won’t be done. So what?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Tzevaot.1736

Reduce the size? not even this great well, and needs to move as in the preview, finally got a decent gear for necromancer and you want to ruin it xx

Everybody can have his own opinion, right? Well mine is that this should never have passed the internal joke in Anet. Given that opinion, I could ask for a deletion of the skin. Hey, I only ask for a reduced size. And I know it won’t be done. So what?

I know, I also want him moving and I doubt that will happen =/ of course you have your opinion, sorry if I did not seem to be about, I was just happy with a decent equipment for necro xx, I’m sure few will eventually use as well as the backpack quaggans, many hated, and loved many, and yet is not as common today x.x

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They’re both ugly and I wonder why I bothered with this. Ok, the titles maybe.

This is just another crap reason to delay bringing Ascended gear to WvW, but I’m sure Devon Carter still likes bacon and is still listening to Boy George, or whichever singer that was.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

They’re both ugly and I wonder why I bothered with this. Ok, the titles maybe.

This is just another crap reason to delay bringing Ascended gear to WvW, but I’m sure Devon Carter still likes bacon and is still listening to Boy George, or whichever singer that was.

hrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhr

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’m waiting for angel wings back piece or whatever >:D

Or some nice friendly bat wings.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Omg you make us do that jp again…

I hate you Anet.

All my characters are pretty large, so after a few tries I got sick of jumping and skipped it. I’m at 24/25 achievements and there are still spares, so… I doubt you need the puzzle.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

it sure doesn’t look nice…

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

It literally gave me nightmares! I woke-up in a cold sweat after a dream where those tentacles were squeezing me to death!!!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

It literally gave me nightmares! I woke-up in a cold sweat after a dream where those tentacles were squeezing me to death!!!

Next time dream about the flower. It’s less dangerous

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

… Why does it not work with Necro DS to create ultimate japanese schoolgirl nightmares?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

The karka Back piece is nice to say the least. First thing that came to mind was Jackie Estacado. Then Someone linked in-game and ruined it for me by calling it something else.
Of course you put something in a game that has tentacles in it SOME people will automatically associate it with Japanese “shows” followed by the Phrase" I’ve seen enough blah blah blah to know where so and so is going".
The Flower Back piece is nice, but too yellow for my taste. None the less good stuff. Well worth the time too.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

I just want it’s animations to be fixed. It currently has none. I would also apreciate a fix so I can see it in my Deathshroud. However, knowing the lack of love Necromancers get overall, I do not expect this to happen, ever.

(edited by Shadestrike.4372)

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I’d prefer a facehugger aquabreather/helmet, if anything ;-)

the backpiece is a fun novelty item, though I personally wouldn’t equip it for anything other than fun, way to big and distracting and not really my style. the flower is also a bit on the large side but I think it could work well with certain armors/dye setups.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

These tentacles weren’t in my nightmares, but in my dreams. o.o

Calcifire.1864

I just want it’s animations to be fixed. It currently has none. I would also apreciate a fix so I can see it in my Deathshroud. However, knowing the lack of love Necromancers get overall, I do not expect this to happen, ever.

at least deathshroud is you physically transforming temporarily, enginers get stuck with the hobo-sacks, and because grenades outclass weapons, it usually ends up being near permanent :<

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I hate you Anet.

All my characters are pretty large, so after a few tries I got sick of jumping and skipped it. I’m at 24/25 achievements and there are still spares, so… I doubt you need the puzzle.

If they didn’t fix it, you can get to the end of the JP from behind and skip the “difficult” part in the beginning completely without the help of a mesmer.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s pretty easy to get the 25 needed. RIght now, everyone is running around Southsun in packs doing events, so those should be a cinch. The 11 sample locations are on dulfy’s site. I only needed 10 (thankfully..i suck at that vents one) cuz I was lucky enough to get Crabtacular. All of the discovery spots have WPs and are just as quick to get as talking to the people on the beach. Then it’s just get those goggles and leap to a fiery death.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Calcifire.1864

I hate you Anet.

If they didn’t fix it, you can get to the end of the JP from behind and skip the “difficult” part in the beginning completely without the help of a mesmer.

it’s fixed :<

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I hate you Anet.

I heard of it, but there’s still some achievements I’ve not even seen yet (I guess they come later?) so I figure it’ll complete by accident sooner or later.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Lock up your canthan girls!

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Ah crap well I’m never going to get 25/25 achievements:(

Good call, Bob, I had about 2 hours to play last night and I got 20/25…though it seems like I’ll have to play that stupid crab game if I want it now…

Ah well I’ve got patience to wait, not patience for the crab game…