Scerlite shell, Fervid censor worthless!

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I don’t like the stats on either one and when I try to transmute the gem I have on my Soldier’s spineguard is NOT available to transfer. Let us transmute these suckers completely! And I’m not going to waste Laurels on a DEFENSIVE infusion that’s weaker than the Exquisite Ruby Jewel that I have slotted.

For crying out loud, if you’re going to give us a reward for this event at least make it USEFUL!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

I don’t know if this will work, I haven’t tried. But what happens if you first transmute the Fervid Censor onto a common or masterwork level 80 spineguard? Would this create an item that had the look for the Fervid whilst granting it an upgrade slot that would permit an exquisite jewel? If you then transmute this again onto your existing backpack it should allow for the ruby jewel to be selected.

I’m only basing this on previous transmution experience, so not 100% sure it would work. It would also require 2 fine transmutation stones.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

I was worried about that as well but the gem does carry over. Transmuted the Censer for my sylvari ranger and it still kept the exquisite emerald that was in the previous backpiece.

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

Posted by: Iknakh.1970

Iknakh.1970

Did you use a Fine Transmutation Stone or a regular one? You will need a blue (Fine) one in order to transmute skins on level 80 items.

Huck.1405

Did you use a Fine Transmutation Stone or a regular one? You will need a blue (Fine) one in order to transmute skins on level 80 items.

I did that and got no changeover for the Exqusite Ruby jewel.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They were the exact stats I wanted.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

VKP Butcher.2751

Despite not showing up in the transmute window slotted gems do carry over. You can freely transmute the skins to get different stats without worry. I’ve done it myself.

Huck.1405

Despite not showing up in the transmute window slotted gems do carry over. You can freely transmute the skins to get different stats without worry. I’ve done it myself.

Thank you! I’ll try it out. crosses fingers

Posted by: BlasiuS.8961

BlasiuS.8961

just tried it, the upgrade definitely carries over even though it doesn’t show up during the transmutation window

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Can these be transmuted to the stats you want and then upgraded to ascended?

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I just upgraded it to ascended today Not sure what to do with the fervid censer though.
I was very happy to see the tentacle backpack was primarily healing and secondary toughness which goes perfectly with my primary build.

Posted by: DaWolv.8503

DaWolv.8503

I transmuted it onto my Beta Fractal Com. soooooo

I think it even let me keep my infusion.
But since the items with infusion slots are different from the ones with upgrade slots that might cause the issue

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I wonder what they were thinking when they decided stats for Fervid Censer and why there isn’t more people asking about it…
Who is gonna use a RARE item which even lack of the UPGRADE slot to get 6 stats as usual?
Was it meant to force us using a FINE transmutation stone to get better stats?
They could make it a skin so everyone could apply it on whatever backpack he wants. These 3 stats are useless.
The flower skin and its effect are great but it’s a shame we all have to use a Fine Transmutation Stone.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

VKP Butcher.2751

The problem isn’t that the stats on it are worthless, that really depends on the build. The real issue the Censer has is that it’s a rare item that can’t be ascended and it comes with an infusion slot instead of a gem slot? Wtf, seriously? Needing to use fine tranny crystals just comes with the territory of transmuting anything that’s 80…I really see no issue there.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Maybe They’re planning to add some new kind of infusion for this event that would make it make more sense? Like a mob-type infusion that works like the mob-type sigils/potions.

If there was an “Infusion of Karka Slaying” or something then the items would instantly make sense.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

So much complaining. Back slot items have never been a good source of stats and that Fervid Censer is just the EASIEST 5 agony resist slotable item ever given to us. Better, it’s only account bound so I guess you can move it around as needed.