Southsun Omelette Gourmand Acheivement

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: XanBie.3675

XanBie.3675

Heres my question, if I don’t have a level 75 character, and the event has ended (past June 4th) Will eating the omelet still award the achievement?

In the case you are a player posting a response, please link your reference/source so I can know for sure!

Thanks in advance <3

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

While surfing the achievement page on wikia, I noticed in the tips: section that it stated if you don’t earn a Living Story achievement when the event ends it will be removed off your list.

Is this true? I do not know…

What is the reason of this if it is true? Probably so people can’t get the achievments in the future like you’re asking… or because ANET doesn’t want people looking at achievements they can never earn again.

XanBie.3675

Thats gona be a real shame if its true =/ Cuz i have the omelette, just cant use it cuz of my level

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While surfing the achievement page on wikia, I noticed in the tips: section that it stated if you don’t earn a Living Story achievement when the event ends it will be removed off your list.

Is this true? I do not know…

What is the reason of this if it is true? Probably so people can’t get the achievments in the future like you’re asking… or because ANET doesn’t want people looking at achievements they can never earn again.

I actually think this would make a lot of completionists happy. This way, they don’t have to stare at an uncompletable achievement for the rest of all time every time they open their Hero bar.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I said this in another thread, but I’ll just say it again here…

The achievement should stick around, so when you reach level 75 you should be able to munch on it and get the achievement point. I don’t foresee Owain giving up on making omelettes.

I’m currently still working on my ability to see the future, but know that if other devs intend to change those things and break the achievement, I will fight tooth and nail for it to not be touched.

XanBie.3675

Thank you Robert for the Clarification! Terribly sorry I didnt see your other post explaining the situation :S

Thanks again!

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

These are the type of oversights that should be avoided in events that upscale, and it could have been done by offering a level 1 omelette on her for only during the Southsun event that would have also updated this for players no where near the level 75 let alone the full level 80 upscale.

I can see where the people I talked into coming back after a very long time and many missed events already are frustrated again right off the bat.

So here is hoping for their sake that they can update it at a later date.

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

I know the devs are unlikely to comment any further on this issue, having already answered the question, but I’m really frustrated with this.

I’m just now sitting down to look at the guides for this event because I’m planning on doing it with some friends this weekend. My main character is level 54. Aside from occasionally doing dailies on another character, I play this character almost exclusively (my alternate character is only level 17). I joined the game a month ago during the free trial period and I have limited time to play, especially during the weekdays.

Due to coming into the game halfway through the previous storyline, not realizing in time it was going to be temporary content (there’s a lot to figure out when you start this game and extra story stuff was not a top priority), and not starting with a Norn or Char character, I ended up not having a chance to finish the Flame and Frost content. What I did participate in was fun, although I’m disappointed I didn’t really have a chance to get any of the skins.

But now as a result of sitting at too low a level, I run the risk of not being able to complete the South Sun storyline either. Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I’ve read you need the omelette achievement to achieve “Southsun Stalwart.” Part of me wonders if I should even bother with the content since I’m incapable of completing it due to the high level cap.

I understand the need for end-game, high-level content, but I’m really starting to feel punished for being a new player. I’m sure a bunch of people will reply to this and tell me I did have plenty of time for the previous content and I do have plenty of time for this one. But the reality is, that just isn’t true. I have a life outside of GW and while I love this game, I don’t feel like power leveling because, frankly, it takes away my enjoyment of the game. So will I be able to make the jump from level 54 to 75 by June 4th? That depends on real life. And my real life doesn’t and never will revolve around the game.

I’m going to be severely frustrated to end up with two unfinished and unfinishable achievements just because I was a late comer to the game. I love the idea of a living, breathing world, but at the moment it’s just making me feel like I’m missing things rather than getting to learn new and exciting things about Tyria.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The achievement should stick around, so when you reach level 75 you should be able to munch on it and get the achievement point. I don’t foresee Owain giving up on making omelettes.

I’m currently still working on my ability to see the future, but know that if other devs intend to change those things and break the achievement, I will fight tooth and nail for it to not be touched.

Any chance Owain will let us hatch one of those eggs for a Karka mini in a GW1 Black Moa-like adventure? .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

So out of curiosity, why was an achievement made related to an item that had such a high level requirement to begin with?

Would it not be possible to reward the achievement on simply purchasing the item? I assume it’s soul/account bound, or easily could be made as such, I don’t recall off the top of my head.

But I was disappointed when helping a friend with the Southsun achievements, only to learn he couldn’t earn this one as he had no high levels.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

… I will fight tooth and nail for it to not be touched.

You mean “teeth, beaks and nails”? You ought to bring them gang of Ranger’s pets to the fight else you’d be out numbered.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I’ve read you need the omelette achievement to achieve “Southsun Stalwart.” Part of me wonders if I should even bother with the content since I’m incapable of completing it due to the high level cap.

You do not need the omelette achievement to achieve Southsun Stalwart. You need to complete 25 achievements to get the title (and the Exotic backpack), but there’s 35 different achievements you can choose from. Even if you don’t touch Crab Toss, the omelette, or the Islet sample (which requires completing a fairly tricky JP to reach), that’s still 28 different achievements you can do.

Just wait till May 28th if you’re out of options and don’t like Crab Toss. And even then, I strongly suggest entering Crab Toss once considering you get an achievement just for stepping into the arena.

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I’ve read you need the omelette achievement to achieve “Southsun Stalwart.” Part of me wonders if I should even bother with the content since I’m incapable of completing it due to the high level cap.

You do not need the omelette achievement to achieve Southsun Stalwart. You need to complete 25 achievements to get the title (and the Exotic backpack), but there’s 35 different achievements you can choose from.

Thank you. The guide I was looking at made it difficult to tell if there were more than one option for this. It seemed to list the number of achievements you got for each activity but didn’t list any extras (perhaps they were just listing the easiest activities). This is a relief to me because I would really like to complete the new content. And I’m one of those weird people who don’t mind jumping puzzles, so I should be good

Posted by: Aiomon.4938

Aiomon.4938

Why not just make the omelet a lower level…?

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Why not just make the omelet a lower level…?

Because it would seem silly to have low level food in a high level zone probably.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Thank you very much for this info. Appreciate the feedback.

Posted by: Beligerent.1324

Beligerent.1324

I’m just sort of curious why was this made a lvl 75 only achievement in the first place? A lot of lower levels are doing the events and it seems a shame to be punished because you’re not almost max-level for an event/living story-only achievement.