Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: kissofthehell.3720

kissofthehell.3720

Is there any way beside the normal way of doing the puzzle to acess the last 11th sample ? That puzzle is really annoying..

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Mesmer portal. But other than that, you’re not required to get it for the reward chest.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Yesterday I tried for several hours, and finally got it without mesmer portal.

The first set of geysers is most annoying. Practice for a while and you’ll eventually get it.

The second set is extremely annoying, but luckily you don’t need the platforms. You can jump up to a safe spot. At that point the geysers are over but a long non-timed jump section awaits.

I abused jump shot for that (engi rifle #5). I got that far, didn’t want to miss a single jump, so best thing is to do is not jump at all.

But honestly … ignore it. It’s not worth the grief you’re inflicting on yourself. Get another achievement for the chest.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Jusassasin.6259

Jusassasin.6259

if you mean the sample you need to collect with the device from Levvi, its not up the jp – i thought so myself, but i explored around a bit and found it in the red smoke field – you dont need to do the jp to get it

~juza~
Fissure Of Woe (EU)
member of LotS

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Nevermore.3820

Nevermore.3820

if you mean the sample you need to collect with the device from Levvi, its not up the jp – i thought so myself, but i explored around a bit and found it in the red smoke field – you dont need to do the jp to get it

Not the same sample, yes there is one in the red smoke ( called the Vent Sample) but there is also one on the island at the end of the JP called the Islet Sample.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Find it baffling that people are so uncoordinated they cant do such an easy jumping puzzle. The only difficult part is learning when and where to jump from and to. Once you do one part wrong once or twice you should be able to get it right every time.

Theres usually mesmers around ready to portal people up, so if you really cant do it or if you’re feeling lazy just use them.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

The puzzle can be done by jumping on the tops of the geysers with a little help from some speed boosts before they vent as there are some safe area to stop along the puzzle

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Find it baffling that people are so uncoordinated they cant do such an easy jumping puzzle. The only difficult part is learning when and where to jump from and to. Once you do one part wrong once or twice you should be able to get it right every time.

me too; as soon as you get past the first bit (where you have to know to jump on that ledge and not (fail at jumping to) the next rock) its easy

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Theres usually mesmers around ready to portal people up, so if you really cant do it or if you’re feeling lazy just use them.

It happens, some people just aren’t good at certain things.

I was always terrible at mario.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep. Just like how some people are hopeless at PvP or Crab Toss. JP’s require a certain skill set to do, and not all players have it.

Skipping Stones was extremely annoying at first because of having to learn the timing of the vents, but once you have that down you can run it fairly easily. The only really annoying thing is having to run/swim all the way back to the start if you fall on the 2nd or 3rd areas of the JP. It would have helped if the JP was designed so that falling in those sections means you just restart from that portion, similar to how Spekk’s Lab and Goemm’s Lab have checkpoints.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s not up to you to claim something as easy, especially not when others have trouble with it. Indeed, not everyone has the coordination and/or latency to complete the most difficult jumping puzzle in the game. In my opinion that’s insulting and therefor infractable. Not doing so but I hope you balance your words better next time.

I find it baffling that people can’t put themselves in another ones shoes for one moment before they make a comment.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I find it baffling that some people find jump puzzles easy :P
Lazy has nothing to do with it- skills are not universal.

I was so glad that a mesmer was around to port me that I would have kissed him through me screen if I could- I tipped him instead since that was something I could do
- I will never in a hundred years be able to do that puzzle by myself

Gunnar’s Hold

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: DocNuas.4280

DocNuas.4280

I really like jumping puzzles but this one, I have to admit, is really annoying!

All you need is a little determination and focus you can overcome it!

In fact, after mastering it, it became one of my favourite ones. And the time I need to complete it is getting shorter and shorter…
Another one of my favourites is Spekks’s Laboratory in Caledon Forest!
I like the rush of having to be as fast as you can before the ground falls from underneath your feet!
;)

BUT… gameplay is not exactly the same with different classes/races!
I can do it, with no problem with my sylvari elementalist, but there is one specific jump (along the path that I have defined in case of a mistake so that I can resume the puzzle) that my asura cannot do… Yet!

So, in my opinion is it fun?
- Yes!
Hard?
- Not really if you know what to do!
Annoying?
- You bet! I left this one for last. But that’s part of the challenge!
;)

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well for a while there it was tough, but once you get over the first part it’s fairly easy. Also in the first part there’s a lot of opportunities to skip a jump, makes it easier.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you have stability (in other words, are not playing a Necro.. but that’s an issue for another post), you can jump pretty far on the geysers while the rocks are not up:

stop as far as you can on a geyser that’s higher than its neighbor.

then wait at the edge of that geyser and pop stability before the rocks go up on your geyser. Stability means you won’t get knocked to the ground so that you can jump on the rocks of its adjacent geyser and continue the puzzle.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Beta Sprite.4169

Beta Sprite.4169

If you have stability (in other words, are not playing a Necro.. but that’s an issue for another post).

Necros can get 3s stability on Death Shroud activation with Foot in the Grave.

Engineers and thieves are the ones that lack reliable stability.

~Beta

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: LadyMagi.8267

LadyMagi.8267

If you have stability (in other words, are not playing a Necro.. but that’s an issue for another post).

Mesmers don’t have a reliable stability as well… We do have portals though ^^

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Mesmers don’t have a reliable stability as well… We do have portals though ^^

mantra.
thats reliable for whatever you need stability for (unless you want perma stability; in which case; go play a guardian.)

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

ah yes… I was actually completely wrong .. necros don’t even need to change traits.
There’s Lich Form and Plague Form .. you can’t jump, but I just realized you can pop in and out since all you want is the stability.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

ah yes… I was actually completely wrong .. necros don’t even need to change traits.
There’s Lich Form and Plague Form .. you can’t jump, but I just realized you can pop in and out since all you want is the stability.

if i recall correctly it was patched a while ago so that all transforms (tornade, that warr one, daggerthingy) lost their stability upon cancellation

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Easy jumping puzzle? Really? As someone who has legitimately achieved all but the Steam Vents and Tribulation Rift (because I don’t do WvW and haven’t got round to giving it a concerted try yet) jumping achievements, I can assure you that Steam Vents is by far the hardest puzzle in the game.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

spoj.9672

Easy jumping puzzle? Really? As someone who has legitimately achieved all but the Steam Vents and Tribulation Rift (because I don’t do WvW and haven’t got round to giving it a concerted try yet) jumping achievements, I can assure you that Steam Vents is by far the hardest puzzle in the game.

Scavenger’s Chasm in straits of devastation is the hardest imo. But thats more because its long and starts to get frustrating when your constantly jumping around and searching for orbs. Never found the southsun JP’s difficult, just made a few mistakes when i first did it months ago because I didnt know what i was doing or where i was trying to get to.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Tribulation Rift is is Dredgehaunt Cliffs. It doesn’t have anything to do with WvW.

I also strongly disagree with Skipping Stones (Steam Vents) being the most difficult. I have done all of the jumping puzzles at least once, and Mad King’s Clock Tower was #1. In terms of permanent jumping puzzles, I also struggled with Scavenger’s Chasm and Griffinrook Run (with bomb), having had to resort to guides to complete them.

I also resorted to a guide to complete Conundrum Cubed, though given prior knowledge, the actual mechanics of the puzzle were not hard. The difficulty of Skipping Stones is roughly on par with Winter Wonderland, in my opinion, with very similar jump timing and mechanics to boot. If you envision the vent stones as snowflakes, you should be able to see what i’m talking about While it is a puzzle that is more difficult than a good portion of the static puzzles in the game, in my opinion it is not anywhere close to being the most difficult.

For reference, the Stability trick does work on the puzzle. I didn’t resort to it because I love completing puzzles the way they are intended, but given that you are frustrated with it, this puzzle is significantly easier when using this trick. Scout which vents are appropriate to stop on, and apply stability when vent is about to pop.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

spoj.9672

Wasnt playing during halloween so I missed the clock tower. Every time i hear about it i feel so left out. :<

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

If anyone is still needing to get the sample, Fiyrie is usually portaling people up on the Fort Aspenwood server after 6pm cst =) (free of charge!)

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

Since I was uplevelled I couldn’t get the omelet point and I wasn’t going to kill myself doing crab toss for days to get those points so I hunkered down for about an hour and managed to grind out that jp for the sample. I would have avoided if possible since I’m not a big jp fan, but it is possible. Once you have the first vents down it’s all cake from there.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

The difficulty of Skipping Stones is roughly on par with Winter Wonderland, in my opinion, with very similar jump timing and mechanics to boot.

Latency for Skipping Stones is far more punishing though. I didn’t have much issue with Winter Wonderland (maybe because it was instanced?), but with SS I am often on fire/knocked down before I even see the stones begin to lower on my screen. I consider myself above average in terms of JP skill and SS is the only JP I’ve done so far that I’ve been unable to complete because I can’t even get past the first leg of it.

There have been other JPs where on my screen I’ve spontaneously died for no apparent reason only to discover on the server side of things I’d fallen to my death, but even those I’ve managed to complete. SS is a different story.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

I do skipping stones almost every day, just because I can lol. The hardest in my opinion was the clocktower, then Scavengers chasm. I didnt do griffonook run with the bomb though so that one probably ranks up there as well..

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Griffonrook Run only requires the bomb for the chest, so I didn’t bother … as a result it was fun rather than frustrating.

In terms of “hardest puzzle” I wasn’t counting the seasonal ones but they were pretty much impossible for me too. I think it’s the speed required, if I can take my time on a puzzle then I can finikitten (complete it), however long it takes … jumping to a timescale as in Steam Vents, Clocktower and Winter Wonderland I find simply impossible. People were saying how easy the Winter puzzle was … I never got further than three platforms in. Add a timed element to these things and they become almost impossible for me, the vanishing-force-fields-above-lava one (obvs I forget the name) pushed me to about the limit. Scavenger’s Chasm was pretty simple in terms of jumping, it just needed a lot of tenacity.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

It happens, some people just aren’t good at certain things.

I was always terrible at mario.

And some people find them boring as all hell and can’t be assed to waste their time learning them….

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

For all the mesmers, there’s another trick. Remember that you are completely invulnerable while using Blurred Frenzy.

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

As long as you finish the first difficult portion, you can whiff the rest of the stones and still complete it.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Steam Jump Puzzle sample

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Aha…jumping in puzzles or otherwise. I have 5 characters and only one who can actually make most jumps. I have no idea why unless the specific profession of each is causing different things at different times to happen.

I suck at jumping, but I have been practicing and what I discovered was that while standing still and just hitting your space bar works for static straight up jumps, it does not work when you need to move forward at the same time. I tried moving forward with my mouse (like I was taking a step) then using the space bar works fairly well most of the time, but not always.

Otherwise, there are times where hitting the space bar then move forward with my mouse (like I am running), works in other situations.

Summary: Obviously, not all jumping situations are the same. But practice does help.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)